Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Hicks & Gillett

Read 226547 times
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Re: Hicks & Gillett
      Reply #2208: Oct 15, 2010 10:09:54 pm
      looks like he's gonna cry  :f_wah:
       :lmao:
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #2209: Oct 15, 2010 10:12:06 pm

So that's what a broken man looks like

F***ing LOVE IT

wallow in your self pity Hicks
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #2210: Oct 15, 2010 10:12:37 pm
      Just watching this on ssn now. What a mad, sad, delusional old b***ard he is. Playing the sympathy card by making out that he's a really nice & honest guy, who can't understand why everyone in the world hates his guts.

The F***ing guys a loony. :dunce2:
      bobdeakin2009
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
      Reply #2211: Oct 15, 2010 10:12:40 pm
      YOU LYING F***ing b***ard MAN tw*t f**ker LYING KNOBHEAD THING. GOODBYE tw*t
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2212: Oct 15, 2010 10:28:25 pm
      What an interview, bloody amazing on so many levels...

His first word was devastated, I bet you are Tom, I lost £30 the other day - I can only imagine what £77Million feels like. I would be devastated too! Yet sitting with the images of the stadium Tom promised us behind him is just madness - it’s like Tom is saying, look at what you could have had, now what have you got - well Tom it’s the same as when you came, because you lied Tom, you lied to Rafa, the fans, the players and the previous owners. Don’t sit there with that image pretending you were actually going to build it Tom, we know it’s a lie – if you had the money Tom why not spend it on Players, or reduce the debt Tom?
      Then Tom sais we want owners that would pay Tom and George the right price (later on Tom states like the Man City owners). I can see that Tom, you wanted to get new rich owners that would pay you a missive amount, that you could take for a ride didn’t you Tom? Well it turns out there wasn’t anyone that stupid, so that was never going to happen…
      When asked about his failures Tom stated that Tom is ‘not a novice in the sports business’ – I know that you aren’t Tom, you have a stand up record when it comes to messing up sports business. Tom what you know about sports I could fit on a packet of fags (embassy filters at that) – this could have been your hatrick of fuckups couldn’t it Tom – did you want a hatrick Tom, did you want that?
      And then the fans, that paid your wages through this mess are nothing more than a ‘Militant Organized Terrorist Campaign against Tom and George – is that us? Don’t you like it Tom, when people stand up to you? If that’s what you want to label me Tom, that’s fine, I’m glad you can admit that we beat you, that our voice was heard – thanks Tom, in that one statement you have admitted that we were a thorn in your side. Nothing you could have said makes the fans happier!
      An then Tom sais that Tom wants the fans ‘Not to thinks of Tom Hicks they way they think of Tom Hicks’. Well if that isn’t as a two bob cowboy with no business sense, your sh*t out of luck Tom! Do you actually think that the fans will feel sorry for you? Tom, one tip; don’t say that you were the best owners possible, try and state that you want what’s best for the club followed immediately by – ‘This isn’t over’ – Tom that just sounds stupid…
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #2213: Oct 15, 2010 10:31:28 pm
      One word: Swindled!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #2214: Oct 15, 2010 10:34:24 pm
      Interview here.

Tom Hicks Interview Part 1

Tom Hicks Interview Part 2

I do feel a little sorry for him. He genuinely does feel that he has been wronged, and he was a decent owner who provided money.

Just walk away Tom, it's over.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #2215: Oct 15, 2010 10:49:29 pm
      What a tit!
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #2216: Oct 15, 2010 10:53:06 pm
      One word DILUSIONAL.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2217: Oct 15, 2010 10:54:02 pm
      Same here, just can't help feeling a little bit sorry for him.

But at the end of the day Tom, we were healthy before you came and now we are (or thankfully were):

£250,000,000.00 in debt, to a bank, who were 30 minutes from shutting LFC down.

You are either a terrible businessman or a bare faced (terrible) liar.

Either way

Just let it go.

You're like an aging boxer taking on one fight too many.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2218: Oct 15, 2010 11:04:52 pm
      He looks like he smells.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2219: Oct 15, 2010 11:08:05 pm

hahahahaha - i bet he does, sprouts spring to mind, yet im not sure why!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2220: Oct 15, 2010 11:10:26 pm
      How can anyone feel sorry for the tw*t? You are believing the words out of his mouth? Why?

F**k off, Hicks. Never want to see that face again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #2221: Oct 15, 2010 11:10:38 pm
      We get your drift.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #2222: Oct 15, 2010 11:14:10 pm
      Walk away Tom.
      Wrong person, wrong place, wrong time, messing with the wrong fans
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2223: Oct 15, 2010 11:15:09 pm
      I have tears welling up here

Mainly because I'm laughing so hard.

Epic Swindle?  What a shame, a con man got conned.
      RedWilly

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #2224: Oct 15, 2010 11:15:13 pm
      How can anyone feel sorry for the tw*t? You are believing the words out of his mouth? Why?

Want to quote the part of my post where I said I believed him? Might have a job finding that.

I feel slightly sorry for him, because he was badly misguided with his beliefs, by those around him, with how to run a sports business and especially in how to run a club like Liverpool. He genuinely believes (IMO) all those financial figures he spouted in the interview are true.

I suppose it's a feeling of pity I have for him, can't help it, doesn't mean I'm not glad to see the back of him though.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2225: Oct 15, 2010 11:17:27 pm
      Want to quote the part of my post where I said I believed him? Might have a job finding that.

I feel slightly sorry for him, because he was badly misguided with his beliefs, by those around him, with how to run a sports business and especially in how to run a club like Liverpool. He genuinely believes (IMO) all those financial figures he spouted in the interview are true.

I suppose it's a feeling of pity I have for him, can't help it, doesn't mean I'm not glad to see the back of him though.

Hence the question mark on the end of my sentence lad. I was asking if you believed him.

I just can never, EVER feel any sort of sympathy for a man that wronged our football club time after time again.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2226: Oct 15, 2010 11:18:07 pm

Where did I say I believe him? I just can't help but feel for him. He's a sad man to watch.
      RedWilly

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #2227: Oct 15, 2010 11:19:57 pm
      Hence the question mark on the end of my sentence lad. I was asking if you believed him.

I just can never, EVER feel any sort of sympathy for a man that wronged our football club time after time again.
      I know he wronged our football club, and he's a F***ing arsehole, no doubt. But I feel sorry for the man that he is, it's very difficult really to explain!

Anyway F**k it, he's gone, in the past now, let's look to a bright new future!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #2228: Oct 15, 2010 11:20:26 pm

He didn't want to run the club mate it was a vehicle with which he anticipated making a sh*t load of dosh bleeding it dry and hopefully making some money from the carcass, definition of a parasite.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2229: Oct 15, 2010 11:21:07 pm
      Can't stand the sh*te coming out from his mouth. Does he think we're stupid?

Get lost, Tom. You lied to us, you buried the club in debt, you failed to keep your promises ( stadium and investment in players). We were healthy financially and we were 200+ million in debt a day ago. Basically, you fail.

Stop pretending because the whole world has finally seen your true intentions. You didn't care about our club or it's history, you didn't care about us, all you care was money entering your pockets regardless of what happens to Liverpool FC.

Just go and die already.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2230: Oct 15, 2010 11:21:15 pm
      I know he wronged our football club, and he's a f**king arsehole, no doubt. But I feel sorry for the man that he is, it's very difficult really to explain!

Anyway f**k it, he's gone, in the past now, let's look to a bright new future!!

I see what you were getting at mate. I just took your words the wrong way. Apologies.

Quick Reply