Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Hicks & Gillett

Read 227203 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Hicks & Gillett
      Reply #506: Jun 05, 2009 01:43:07 pm
      They are only custodians of the club as they put it so maybe its time the real owners of the club, the people of Liverpool and the fanatical fans around the world, told these 2 to sell up and f**k off at any price offered.

No emails or letters get a right good crowd gathered at Anfield and let them know we want them out. Dont budge until someone in authority addresses the crowd. American reds do likewise at wherever these 2 scumpussys hq is located.

Our club is dying and these are the 2 killing it. Fight back for f**k sake
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #507: Jun 05, 2009 01:50:16 pm
      I hope all the Liverpool supporters there will do something about this! They are killing us and letting us drown! You all have our support from all of Liverpool supporters around the world!We want them out and out now before it's too late...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #508: Jun 05, 2009 01:55:17 pm
      Protest at the Atletico game anyone?
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #509: Jun 05, 2009 02:14:29 pm
      Make a gigantic banner or flag or what ever as long as it says Yanks out now!
      acerimmer99
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #510: Jun 05, 2009 02:33:35 pm
      Pair of wankers!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #511: Jun 05, 2009 03:40:26 pm
      These 2 knob jockeys are worth over 2.5 billion between them  :o.

Hers an idea lads open your fu**in wallets and spend some cash on getting the greatest club in the world out of the sh*te.

And then get a round in for the lads.....tight gets
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #512: Jun 05, 2009 04:06:34 pm
      Its cost them absolutely F**k all so far Brian and the results are there to see its obvious the institution of LFC is not on their list of priorities the omens are well scary.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #513: Jun 05, 2009 04:29:07 pm
      Can we do a petition or something...just asking?
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #514: Jun 05, 2009 04:46:21 pm
      Hello, the names Hicks, old man Hicks, I'm what you call a cowboy, a dallas cowboy ,I go round doing fire sales, their all the rage just now. Take my last job, didn't cost me a penny, even the banks fell for my charms.

All I had to do was hold out my hand and their it was, 350mill of someone else's money. My master stroke came next, I split the club into two and put a;ll or most on kop holdings, a company which I made up whilst sitting on the dunny, what a scam.

my next bit of Business was to put a hole in the ground because the owner before me wanted a stadium to be part of the stipulation on the ownership issue, stupid man, what the sh*te does he think I am, I am not going to give any of the money I have scaled to the locals, they can go and whistle for it, I have it and to get it I will take 500mill, not bad considering I have never used a penny of my own.....

A bit silly I know, but I find the guy Hicks to be all the things I have said and more. I do not believe any thing the man says.....
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #515: Jun 05, 2009 06:37:39 pm
      HICKS AND GILLETT HAVE DONE A GLAZERS.

Very Good Article On Hansel and Gretel From The Guardian.

"No new stadium. A huge debt. Despite their promises, Hicks and Gillett have 'done a Glazers'

Tom Hicks and George Gillett claimed they were different to Manchester United's owners, but they have betrayed their promises to Liverpool's fans

Liverpool owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks haven't lived up to their promises.

When contemplating the hideous financial figures released yesterday by Liverpool Football Club and the owners' holding company, Kop Football, memories drift instinctively back to the promises Tom Hicks and George Gillett made when they swept into the club triumphantly two years ago.
      Then, it was all smiles, scarves, and warm words.
      The pair gushed about Liverpool's marvellous heritage; the Kop, which, clearly, they had been carefully briefed to namecheck, and out there on the Anfield pitch they did pretty well to restrain themselves from calling the great English football club a franchise.

Nothing was straightforwardly said about the blatant fact that the pair were financing their £185m takeover with borrowed money, or
      that the club itself would then be made to pay off those loans.

The pair did, however, tell fans they were not going to "do a Glazers".

Yet as these accounts now confirm, that is exactly what they did.

The Glazer family bought Manchester United in 2005 in the teeth of bitter opposition from fans who understood that their club would be laden with the debts the new owners had borrowed to take it over. At Liverpool, the fans, desperate for success and change, largely accepted the patter and the assurances that the pair were different from the Americans who bought United, and Hicks and Gillett were welcomed into the boss seats at Anfield.

It is vital to remember why Liverpool was for sale in the first place.

It was done solely so that the club could build a new stadium of a size to compete with Manchester United, who have 76,000 paying fans at Old Trafford, Arsenal, who make packets at the 60,000-seat Emirates Stadium, and Chelsea, who have Roman Abramovich's wallet.

Liverpool's chairman, David Moores, and chief executive, Rick Parry, believed they could not borrow the necessary money to build a new stadium without a rich backer standing behind the club.

Moores personally made £90m from selling to Hicks and Gillett the majority shareholding he bought for very much less, back in the days when the Kop was a terrace and young people from the local area could afford to stand on it.

Around Anfield, an economically blighted neighbourhood marked by rows of boarded up streets, regeneration plans are based around the proposed new stadium. Yet there is no sight nor sound of the money to build it, and that is the deepest betrayal of the tenure of these two owners.

The accounts, in some ways, confirmed what we already knew.

Hicks and Gillett did "do a Glazers"; they have taken out a £350m loan to cover their initial takeover, fund player signings and running costs, and by January this year had spent £313m of it. The club itself, which enjoyed a bumper year in 2007-08, had to provide £36.5m to pay the interest on that.

With so much money already borrowed, nobody believes another £400m will be available from banks to fund the new Anfield.

Despite what appears a stark warning from the auditors, KPMG, of "material uncertainty" casting "significant doubt" on Liverpool's ability to stay in business, the prospects are not in reality that dire. Hicks is confident the Royal Bank of Scotland will simply extend the £350m loan when it falls for renewal next month.

So Liverpool are not facing imminent collapse, but they are in £313m debt, still at Anfield, and nowhere near where they are supposed to be, two years after Hicks and Gillett walked on to the Anfield pitch, with red scarves round their necks, and painted a rosy red picture of the benefactors they would be."
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #516: Jun 05, 2009 07:02:04 pm
      Our debts pale in comparison to utd. But there glossed over by these facts.

1) They generate far more money then us through there 70 plus thousand seater stadium
      2) They have won 3 titles in a row. This keeps fans happy and again generates cash. We arent winning leagues so well rightly pick up on our owners being knobs and we dont make as much money as utd from finishing 2nd 3rd or 4th
      3) Utd can/will add 2 30 million pound players if they want to there squad. Were looking at Distin, Tuncay and one or 2 other 3rd rate players. We might land 1 20 million pound player if were lucky

Yes utd's finances are worse then ours but they can cover it a lot better then us
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #517: Jun 05, 2009 07:06:23 pm
      Just a little reminder of Tom Hick's last foray into owning a football club.

Brazilian fans hit out at Liverpool owner
      Rory Smith, Sunday Mirror 27/01/2008

Tom Hicks left a legacy of furious fans, broken promises and legal wrangling after his first attempt to crack football fell apart, it has been claimed.

The Texan tycoon's firm Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst bought into Brazilian giants Corinthians in 1999 in a bid to tap in to the lucrative South American market.

Just as at Liverpool, they promised a state-of-the-art stadium - but were soon left facing a fans' backlash. And when Hicks's company struggled to make the venture profitable, they pulled out after just three years.

Hicks and co-owner George Gillett revealed a £350million re-financing deal for Liverpool last week which means work can commence on the club's new 70,000-seat stadium. But a source close to Hicks said: "The company invested heavily in South America throughout the 1990s and the deal with Corinthians was part of that.

"But the funds they set up did not return money for their investors and it went downhill completely after 9/11.

"Hicks, Muse lost a great deal of money on the investment and it was large factor in Tom 'retiring' from that company."

Through its subsidiary PanAmerican Sports Teams, Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst invested more than £40m in Corinthians in the first year of what was supposedly a 10-year partnership alone.

The deal was part of a project to invest in Brazilian football and broadcast it all over Latin America on the Hicks-owned TV station PSN. The cash injection fired Corinthians to victory in the 2000 World Club Cup and even gave the club the funds to sign Brazil stars Dida and Luizao.

But the new regime infuriated fans when they started selling off star players the following summer and announced plans to change Corinthians' famous black-and-white kit.

One Brazilian source said: "The Americans came into Corinthians with a lot of money but did not understand the way football works. They brought in a strong team of advisers to administer the club but the way they did things was very American, in the crudest sense. The model they wanted does not function here. Things had to be done their way.

"I can understand why Liverpool fans are angry with Hicks - but perhaps they should ask why their football industry has come to such a point that he was able to buy the club."

Hicks announced on Friday a £350m refinancing plan which strengthened his grip on Anfield despite fury from fans over a perceived lack of backing for boss Rafa Benitez. The deal loads £105m worth of debt on to the club, including £60m for work on the much-delayed new stadium.

But Corinthians fans never saw the 45,000-seat ground on the outskirts of Sao Paulo which Hicks, Muse promised them in 1999. Brazilian pundit Paulo Vinicius Coelho said: "They promised a new ground and it never arrived."

Even though Hicks, Muse pulled out of the club in 2003 after a row with a local partner over funding, it was not until December 28 2007 that the legal wrangling between the company and Corinthians finally ended.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/01/27/brazilian-fans-hit-out-at-liverpool-owner-98487-20300636/

Sounds very f***in familiar that!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #518: Jun 05, 2009 07:29:31 pm
      Sounds very f***in familiar that!

Article from the Sunday Mirror.

I don't think Parry would have had to do too much digging into Hicks' past to unearth this, he just didn't give a F**k.

It's sickening what he and Moores did to this club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #519: Jun 05, 2009 08:17:05 pm
      Article from the Sunday Mirror.

I don't think Parry would have had to do too much digging into Hicks' past to unearth this, he just didn't give a F**k.

It's sickening what he and Moores did to this club.

For more in-depth reading check out a book called 'A Game of Two Halves.'
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #520: Jun 06, 2009 04:28:35 pm
      Who's more guilty: the fool or the one who follows the fool? Liverpool is as guilty as Hicks for even considering this guy. I wonder if some fans here have more competence than Moore and Perry to manage a football club.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #521: Jun 06, 2009 06:02:46 pm
      Can we do a petition or something...just asking?
      I was thinking the same thing as I am sitting hear feeling absolutely F***ing useless as our club is being shafted.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #522: Jun 07, 2009 09:48:22 am
      all i think we can hope for is someone who loves the club coming  in and offering these greeds fu**s enough to F**k off dont reckon its too likely though for the price theyd ask
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #523: Jun 07, 2009 10:32:01 am
      This season we had a fantastic league finish .But i fear because of the debt these 2 have lumbered us with has given us no transfer budget ,And liverpool football cllub could get left behind .If the pundits are right about this being the biggest ever spending spree the premiership has ever seen, i feel that the progress we made on Manchester united and the others in the top 4 may not be seen again for some time if we get bought round during close seaon .
               The reason for this fear is that the yanks wont give Rafa a penny and the great players of the world which liverpool were looking into only a week ago will get snapped up by other premiership clubs and tied to long term contracts l,eaving the team that rafa has been building for the future becoming just an average team compared to some . the sooner we get offers for the club and clubs debtthe better. The boat to the transfer market is about to leave the port and we need to be on it .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #524: Jun 07, 2009 10:41:43 am
      These pair have shafted us good and proper we can only hope that somewhere someone is waiting till the last and then shafts them the same way, at the moment they are playing high stakes poker with the banks and our club we have to believe the banks have the best hand its not a good thing but probably the best that could happen is the banks calling in them loans,then and only then would they be forced into selling .
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #525: Jun 07, 2009 02:35:32 pm
      You don't care about Liverpool FC or the fans, you care about money.

Please, go back and stick with your Ice Hockey, Basketball, Baseball and American football.
      andy5star
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #526: Jun 07, 2009 05:01:49 pm
      i have haerd that the Kuwaitis are waiting until next month to force the yanks' hands and put in a take or leave it bid in.
      the yanks are far more likely to accept it than they were at xmas.
      then we may have money for transfers. (probably too late though.)

i know it's probably rubbish but here's wishing.

F**k off you greedy yank fuckwits!
      winstonoyy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #527: Jun 07, 2009 05:12:39 pm
      I have haerd that the Kuwaitis are waiting until next month to force the yanks' hands and put in a take or leave it bid in.
      the yanks are far more likely to accept it than they were at xmas.
      then we may have money for transfers. (probably too late though.)

every single predator out there looking to swallow the club is waiting till the yanks' hands are forced. i mean, they were cocky since last year, feeling they can hold out for a bigger offer and more profits from buying LFC. but what they dont understand is that people with the cash has the time, they dont. come july, the yanks will start to panic.

and yes, i worry that even if we have an immediate 50m of kuwaiti oil cash, we lose out on [fill in your favourite player's name] and lost another chance for the title. and yes, i hope they F**k off as early as possible. would be deemed as the biggest joke in club ownership after mike ashley, not comparing how barcodes went down the ladder of course.
      annealicia
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #528: Jun 07, 2009 05:23:09 pm
      There are several petitions already on the internet regarding the removal of Hicks and Gillett.  The address of one of them is http:/www.ipetitions.com/petitions/Liverpoollou4.  I am not sure that individually they will work.  What we need to do is set up a group and then perhaps get a large petition going, paper as well as electronic.  what we have to do not only persuade the Royal Bank of Scotland that Hicks and Gillett are a bad investment but we need to do all we can to persuade perhaps DCI to have another look at the accounts and hopefully see what a great club it is and will continue to be so once the financial mess has been cleared up.

I work in the financial sector and know that the auditors would not have issued the warning lightly.  So please all of you out there join with me and lets somehow see if we can give Rafa and the lads a helping hand by doing our best to get rid of the two American idiots.  If they do not go I really fear for the future of Liverpool Football Club.  I have not supported it for the last 44 years to see two Americans kill it off.

Quick Reply