Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Steven Gerrard
      (45.6%)
      Sotis Kyrgiakos
      (8.9%)
      Emiliano Insua
      (3.3%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (40%)
      Pepe Reina
      (2.2%)

Birmingham 1 - 1 Liverpool - In-game and Post-match

Read 58202 times
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Re: Birmingham 1 - 1 Liverpool - In-game and Post-match
      Reply #943: Apr 08, 2010 02:19:48 am
      ^

Agreed
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Birmingham 1 - 1 Liverpool - In-game and Post-match
      Reply #944: Apr 08, 2010 02:24:15 am
      Not just Lucas, Kuyt, Insua.

Why did we not win against Birmingham?  What we're the crucial moments?

David N'gog, Rodriguez, Gerrard and Babel missing certain chances to score.

And a calamatous bit of defending that saw Birmingham score.

We can Lucas, Kuyt, Insua all day long - and all of them are replaceable - but that Birmingham game we didn't win for the above reasons.

A-men.

Anyway, I don't see why Lucas is being dragged down when he was the defensive minded player. As he has been alongside Masch for the whole season.

No Crouch he came inside that is what a full back does when the ball is on the other side it is up to the wide man to come back and mark the full back who has got forward. Will you explain to me how Johnson was meant to mark Birminghams wide man and full back.

You are way to quick to blame Johnson who is a very good player and way to quick to defend Lucas the most average limited centre midfielder ever to be a regular at the club.

I haven't defended Lucas apart from that statement above.

Johnson fu**ed up. A fullback isn't meant to come inside and leave a man completely unmarked. It was calamitous.

He wasn't alone in taking blame though. Sotis let Mcfadden go and Insua was stuck marking another player which forced Sotis to come out of position.

If our defenders did what they are being paid for, then we would have 2 more points. We'd also have 2 more points if our winger and striker did what they're paid for and score sitters.

I don't know why 'lack of creativity' and 'creating chances' are in this thread. The reason we are bemoaning this result is due to the fact we had multiple chances to win and didn't take those chances.

Quick Reply