Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The What the Hell was I thinking thread?

Read 3898 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      The What the Hell was I thinking thread?
      Apr 10, 2010 08:49:08 am
      I was going to name this thread the Major F**k up thread or just the plain D'ohhh thread but decided against it.

Ever done anything that made you scratch your head and go What the F**k? What was I thinking? Maybe you're too embarrassed to tell people but over the net it's not so hard to share with people you consider your Liverpool family. Well one such thing happened to me yesterday.

I'll paint the picture, my wife and I took our two kids to the Zoo for the day. My eldest child Dion is 6 and my baby girl, Tanisha is 4. Anyway, we were meeting up at the zoo with my mum, sister and nephew.

We were going to see the new baby elephant born at the zoo but didn't count on school holidays. The line to see him went for about a kilometre. We couldn't be bothered waiting so went right up to the front of the queue where the was a little eatery place and fed our kids. My mum, sister and nephew hadn't met us yet, they rang and said they were waiting in line. We said alright when you get near the front we'll jump in.

Anyway, this happened and we got to the area where they were letting 150 people in to see the baby elephant at a time. I had all the bags on the back of the pram and then the host says, please leave you're pram to the side and go in. So my wife took her handbag off and I left the pram at the entrance and quickly ran to a spot about 15 meters away from where all the prams were lined up. I'm holding my son in the air so he can get a look when my wife says, Where's Tanisha? I went FUUUUUUUCCCKKK , I left her in the pram. I sprinted back around the corner and there was my baby girl, balling her eyes out still strapped in the pram with a Zoo security Guard standing behind her.  I let her out and she just held on to me sobbing for 10 minutes.

I can't believe I had done that, either had the rest of my family who continued to give me sh*t about it for the rest of the day. When I tried to go to sleep at night, I couldn't stop thinking about what could have happened and so couldn't get to sleep. What the F**k was I thinking?

Anyone out there got any stories they would like to share?

ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Re: The What the Hell was I thinking thread?
      Reply #1: Apr 10, 2010 09:07:08 am
      mate I have mines and they'll come but don't worry about yours everything went right this time, a lesson learned in time?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      Reply #2: Apr 10, 2010 09:20:18 am
      Thanks mate, I'm looking at her right now and thinking thank F**k she's right here next to me and she's alright.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Apr 10, 2010 09:23:31 am
       As long as your little girl was safe and sound Ian you have nothing to feel guilty about.Kids are pretty resilient and she will soon recover.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Apr 10, 2010 10:52:01 am
      Was the security guard watching over your little girl or watching the new born baby elephant? ;D

Only kidding. At least she's safe and sound now, Aussie and that's what matters. Never let her out of your sight again, even when she's 18!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Apr 10, 2010 11:52:25 am
      As long as she's okay mate, that's the main thing. :)

These things are sent to test us Ian. You know for a fact you'll never do it again so you're best looking at it as a lesson learned mate. :)

Don't put yourself down though Aussie. You're only human mate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      Reply #6: Apr 10, 2010 11:28:36 pm
      Cheers guys, but it's not the first time I let my little on down, there's another story from when she was even younger but I wanna hear if anyone else has done something as foolish as me before I tell you guys what I did to her when she was younger. At least I have 2 stories already for her wedding night.  ;D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #7: Apr 10, 2010 11:36:33 pm
      Ian mate, She'll still love you like you're the best daddy in the world, don't beat yourself up about it !
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #8: Apr 10, 2010 11:41:19 pm
      Ian mate its just one of those absent minded things that happen.

She was never in danger your paternal instincts did kick in immediately when you realised she wasn't there, not like you were some commission housing gronk who didn't give a F**k!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #9: Apr 11, 2010 12:30:00 am
      Just read your post Aussie and my heart goes out to you  :o it's a dreadful feeling isn't it when you suddenly realise your child is missing.

Two incidences from me, both involving my daughter, Lauren.

We went to a Spring fair type thing, she was probably about 5 or 6  at the time, Mark was a toddler and in the pushchair, she'd been really good, holding onto the pushchair, but something on a stall had caught her eye, next minute she was gone.....quick as that, oh god, it was awful, you start looking round frantically and all you see is faces, strange faces, we turned back quickly the way we'd just come and spotted her at this stall, she was literally only gone for a few minutes, but I tell you something, it seemed like hours, no harm done, but you dread to think what could have happened.

Another incident was when we were on holiday once, we were staying in a beautiful log cabin in Ross-on-Wye in the middle of nowhere, it was an absolutely scorching hot day, hard to believe, I know in this country  :roll: but only a week or two earlier a little girl had been stolen from a Caravan park through an open window, which was an awful thing to happen.

There was a lovely ginger cat at the lodge that Lauren had fallen in love with and kept asking if we could take her home with us.

So we're in this log cabin, scorching hot night, windows open, Lauren was about 3 or 4 and she was sleeping in a little 'put me up bed' on the floor in between two single beds, baby was in the cot fast asleep, my Mum and Dad are with us, so we're in the lounge playing cards and having a few bevvies, and I get up to go to see to the children.

Went into the bedroom, and Lauren's nowhere to be seen, so I thought she must have gone to the toilet...no, not there, went in the other bedroom, not there, come back into the lounge, Lauren's missing, shock! horror! straight away think someones took her through the window, I'm in floods of tears, blaming myself for leaving the windows open..... so outside looking for her, thought she'd slipped out to find her little cat that she'd fallen in love with.

No one about, jeez, it was horrible, went back in the bedroom, Mark was fast asleep in the cot, next minute out the corner of my eye I saw something move......ooooohhhhh what relief, there she was, she'd turned over in bed and rolled out and gone under the single bed...on the floor fast asleep.

I tell you what that was a horrible nightmare..... boy was I relieved to see her, bless her.

So don't worry Aussie, you're not the only one and you won't be the last either, but it doesn't half give you a fright  :o

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Apr 11, 2010 12:41:10 am
      I lost my little girl twice when whe was 3 - once after a footy match and another on a day out at Devils Bridge in Kirby Lonsdale.  

I was secretary of my local club and my ex was the manager so my kids were known by everyone.  They came into the clubhouse after the match and as usual were running around from the bar to the changing rooms and back again.  Next minute she had gone.  Thankfully I spotted her outside wandering down the senior pitch to where the juniors were playing but carried on walking onto the pitch across the penalty area.  She was rescued by one of the spectators who ran on and grabbed her just before being trampled by the players.

The Kirby Lonsdale one I had gone with the kids, my sister and her kids and as we were getting a nice little spot next to the river sorted with picnic etc she disappeared.  Course my first thought was the river but eventually found her wandering down the road towards the cafe.  As it was a bank holiday there were hundreds of bikers around how the hell she had navigated her way through them all without getting knocked down I've no idea.

I know how you feel mate it's not pleasant having that kind of panic and the guilt afterwards - however she was totally unfazed by either experience.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2010 12:49:40 am by reddebs »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      Reply #11: Apr 11, 2010 01:46:08 am
      Thanks for sharing your stories Cas and reddebs.

I know it's not a nice thing to say but I find comfort in the fact that I'm not alone to have gone through this.

Isn't it weird that this has happened to our girls only?

It's frightening thinking about what could happen especially with the stuff you read in papers or see on the box. So glad all our kids are safe and sound.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #12: Apr 11, 2010 04:11:14 am
      Ian mate don't worry, ya human mate its what happens! When i was two-years old my parents lost site of me just for a few minutes while they were working outside, we were living in a place on a country road near my grandparents farm in South Oz, and i ended up a Kilometre down the road at the side of the highway! They only lost site of me for a few minutes, then spent the next lord-knows how long looking for me. Thankfully a wonderful old couple driving down that highway saw me, picked me up and took me back down the road. Our house being the first one on that road they went in there and delivered me back to my flustered parents :D My parents are the best, and even that happened - so it does happen mate, don't you worry :)

My what the hell was i thinking story? An ex-girlfriend of mine is my what the hell was i thinking moment. I mean she's nice and all.. but being a pill-popping chick who would  sleep with almost anyone i do wonder why the jell i was with her! Didn't last for much longer thgan a month or so anyways :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      Reply #13: Apr 11, 2010 04:22:50 am
      Cheers bigv mate.

Lucky you were on a country road at the time. Can't see that happening in the big smoke. Bet your parents were going mental looking for you.

As for the ex, was she a pill popping chick and had been known to sleep around before you hooked up with her?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #14: Apr 11, 2010 04:45:46 am
      Cheers bigv mate.

Lucky you were on a country road at the time. Can't see that happening in the big smoke. Bet your parents were going mental looking for you.

As for the ex, was she a pill popping chick and had been known to sleep around before you hooked up with her?

They were going mental they tell me, they still feel bad. They are just always thankful i was found by such a nice couple rather than someone shady!

Oh yes, she was. She was best friends with my best mates girl at the time, and my mate had abig party at his place. This girl had seen me out and about in clubs and apparently was keen.. and being i was in the middle of my party hard days, i thought "hey, easy root" and knowing that she had that rep, and i think she knew thats what was gonna happen as well. First moment at that party we were eye-F***ing the sh*t out of each other :D

So, fu**ed her that night, and then the next night again after meeting up in town. Then, few days later i broke my ankle reeal bad. Was laid up for weeks! Being lonely, and her being all over me with texts and sh*t, we talked a lot and when i could drive i ended up just going there all the time, drinking with my mate and her and then having some fun together when the lights went out. Was actrually about a couple of months i think we were kinda together, 1 month we were official.. then we just broke it off cos i never felt much for her, and i think she ended up getting the same way once she saw i wasn't that into it. It never would have got to that if it wasn't for my injury, really was just comvenicance at the time! Never been THAT type of guy, but after i broke up with the girl i was with before the one in thise story, i went through a period of heavy boozing and clubbing where i kinda was that guy.. she was jus part of that. But, now i look back on the girls ive been with and dated - shes the one that i just think "what the F**k?!" A few one nighters as well, but never went further - this girl never should have been more than that, as totally not my type of personality, but ended up with her for a couple months, hence "what the hell was i thinking?"

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      Reply #15: Apr 11, 2010 06:12:47 am
      I like it mate. If there's an easy root to be had and she's easy on the eye...go for it....always been my motto  ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #16: Apr 11, 2010 06:23:26 am
      I like it mate. If there's an easy root to be had and she's easy on the eye...go for it....always been my motto  ;D

:laugh: She was alright to look at, and i do remember having some fun nights in with her. Sometimes when i talk of her im overly harsh, as she was nice at times. But she just really wasn't my type! Don't think shes changed much in the couple years since then, so a good choice to break it off for sure.

This was us, anyways - not the best photo but meh :D

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Apr 11, 2010 04:30:08 pm
      Thanks for sharing your stories Cas and reddebs.

I know it's not a nice thing to say but I find comfort in the fact that I'm not alone to have gone through this.

Isn't it weird that this has happened to our girls only?

It's frightening thinking about what could happen especially with the stuff you read in papers or see on the box. So glad all our kids are safe and sound.

You're welcome Aussie - she's about to make me a Grandma next month wonder if I'll have the same probs when this one's 3.  No doubt she will give me the run around just like her Mum did.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #18: Apr 12, 2010 12:01:23 am
      Ian lad, me mam did the same thing to me when I was about four.....teen.

Left us standing outside while she went into Sayers to get some scran. I too ended up balling me eyes out but only because she came back :laugh: (sorry Mam). Real reason was because she bought me a pastie instead of the sausageroll I'd asked for.

Anyways glad you're little girl is alright mate. And like it's already been said, you've learnt your lesson now.

I think we've all got those stories of what was I thinking. Mine was in Formby.

As a family we went up there every weekend when me and our Becky were much younger. Me mam and dad would take us there with our Lyndsey, Mick, Ste, Carl and Dawn. Well Mick's me favourite cousin, always has been. We're proper close, good mates an that. So I always stuck with him when we went out.

But he fu**ed off swimming into the sea, told me to stay by the shore cos I couldn't swim. Still can't. Anyways me being me I didn't listen did I. Nah I was big an hard, I could swim. F***ing hell, nearly drowned didn't I? Luckily our Mick saw us coming towards him and swam as fast as he could to get me if I did struggle.

Which of course I did, and he was close enough to get me before I did go under. He took me back to me mam and dad who broke down laughing at me. Made me fell more of a tit but made me feel easier. They weren't being cruel but they could see I was upset so rather than bollocking me they helped me laugh at meself.

Won't be doing that again though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      Reply #19: Apr 13, 2010 06:09:17 am
      Cheers DLS.

To think that if it wasn't for your cousin, Mick, we wouldn't have our current LFC quiz Champion with us  ;)

Seriously though mate, that's huge, your cousin has pretty much saved your life. Are you still close with him? I can imagine that life changing experience for both of you would have made the bond even stronger between you .
      liverpool_loving_lady
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #20: Apr 13, 2010 12:48:11 pm
      i do remember one about my little boy it was 2007 he must have been about 14 months at the time and he used to take his morning nap in one of those bouncy char things. At the time i had just started divorcing his dad so there where other things on my mind and i was living with my mum and dad at the time and if you wernt careful the door has a tendency to lock its self when you go out no matter what position the latch is.

Well cutting to the chase mum and dad where at work he was asleep i was cleaning up and went to put the rubbish out and the door locked i had run next door to phone my dad at work on the nabours phone and then wait for him though all this Corey was none the wiser ans stayed fast asleep but i was panicking my ass off until dad turned up with the key.

he did it himself not that long ago he though he was helping my mum by shutting the door behind her and locked her out this time a window was open so she managed to climb in but he was in floods of tears this time and she rang me in a panic after cos she felt realy bad.

you need eyes in the back of your head with kids at times

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #21: Apr 13, 2010 01:05:54 pm
      Did a similar thing the other week one saturday night when we were having a drinky poo and I walked in the living room only for the door handle to drop off on the outside of the door when it was closed!
      Well we were pretty well pissed by then and locked in the living room then panic set in as the glasses emptied, lucky enough I had a front door key in my pocket so the idea was phone my lad to come round and we pass him the key out of the window so he could open the door....of course we were pissed and the obvious answer was my Mrs get out of the window and do the honours (she wasn't as pissed as me) which she did and we all lived happily ever after.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #22: Apr 13, 2010 10:30:39 pm
      Cheers DLS.

To think that if it wasn't for your cousin, Mick, we wouldn't have our current LFC quiz Champion with us  ;)

Seriously though mate, that's huge, your cousin has pretty much saved your life. Are you still close with him? I can imagine that life changing experience for both of you would have made the bond even stronger between you .

Aye mate, me and our Mick are proper close. To this day he looks out for me and makes sure I don't get in to trouble and I try an do the same for him.

Quick Reply