Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Liverpool owners to hire Barclays Capital to find buyer for the Club

Read 17066 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Liverpool owners to hire Barclays Capital to find buyer for the Club
      Reply #46: Apr 11, 2010 04:19:14 am
      Is there anything else the fans want to hear?

Yes, there is.

"Fernando Torres will be lathered up with body chocolate, and one lucky fan wll win the rigght to lick it all off"

Oh, my man crush knows no bounds! ;D
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #47: Apr 11, 2010 04:24:10 am
      Mate,where are the prospective bidders? Answer none.because like me as a Businessman,you wait until the lowest point,then bid and you certainly don't give them profit on failure.Liverpool Football Club is an institution to us fans,but as a business,it's a commodity.The reposession auction is about to begin.

Its the only reason i can think of for nobody wanting the club. The people who would want buy are not stupid. They know the creek herpes and gonoreah are heading up. They can wait aslong as they want. When the price is right someone will buy. Thats what i'm hoping anyway.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #48: Apr 11, 2010 04:27:02 am
      600 million but I expect that 237million goes to clearing the debt so that would leave the with about a 81.5million pound profit each if I'm right? 600 - 237 - 200 = 163/2=81.5. I doubt then they'll sell under 550million. I really don't want to get my hopes up but I can't help doing so
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #49: Apr 11, 2010 04:28:18 am
      Yes, there is.

"Fernando Torres will be lathered up with body chocolate, and one lucky fan wll win the rigght to lick it all off"

Oh, my man crush knows no bounds! ;D

Have you been drinking grandpa's medicine again?  ;D
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #50: Apr 11, 2010 04:31:53 am
      600 million but I expect that 237million goes to clearing the debt so that would leave the with about a 81.5million pound profit each if I'm right? 600 - 237 - 200 = 163/2=81.5. I doubt then they'll sell under 550million. I really don't want to get my hopes up but I can't help doing so

Hey there flex, nice to meet someone who has just as controversial views as myself. -13 rating is good going. I'm hoping to reach -40 by the summer. Apologies for going off topic, but i#m a wee bit boozy.  ;D

ANYONE kNow the WAY tO THE drUNK tHREad?  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,516 posts | 8685 
      Reply #51: Apr 11, 2010 04:46:49 am

What debt's, the bas**rds want to see some profit, £300 million each to walk away and they'll mysteriously find a way to leave the debts with the club.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2010 04:58:14 am by HUYTON RED »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #52: Apr 11, 2010 04:48:04 am
      Have you been drinking grandpa's medicine again?  ;D

Medicine/Beer, yeah ;D

ANYONE kNow the WAY tO THE drUNK tHREad?  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Follow me pet, im on my way :D
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #53: Apr 11, 2010 06:09:02 am
      This time it's a bit different, considering who's calling the shots now. Barclays is The Premier league's official broker, and handles/handled all the ownership, administration issues.

In other words, them hiring BarCap means the Premier League is now involved outright in finding us a new "suitable" owner.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #54: Apr 11, 2010 06:13:47 am
      There leaving our club! There leaving OUR CLAAAAUBBB! YOU LYING bas**rds! GET THE **** OUT!!!!!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #55: Apr 11, 2010 06:16:23 am
      Rafa has asked any new investors he needs 80 million pounds to rebuild the team. That's pretty much around what we need.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #56: Apr 11, 2010 06:43:14 am
      Medicine/Beer, yeah ;D

Follow me pet, im on my way :D

I can't type anymore.  ;D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #57: Apr 11, 2010 09:07:30 am
      Hopefully the nightmare will soon be over, and we can get back to concentrating on football like the old days!!
      hex85uk
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #58: Apr 11, 2010 09:10:40 am
      Just heared on Sky News now. 8:10am

Barcap are backing a £300 million re-financing of the liverpool which could lead to the sale

American owners are looking for sale value of between £500 to £600 million
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #59: Apr 11, 2010 09:18:21 am
      Just heared on Sky News now. 8:10am

Barcap are backing a £300 million re-financing of the liverpool which could lead to the sale

American owners are looking for sale value of between £500 to £600 million

They hardly deserve to get what they paid for the club with what they haven't done for us.

The fact they could leave with never putting a spade in the ground despite the 'within 60 days' crap is just shocking. They should be F***ing locked up.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #60: Apr 11, 2010 09:46:19 am
      They will leave our club with a profit without spending a penny of their own money!!

THAT STINKS!! :f_steam: :jackoff:
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #61: Apr 11, 2010 09:50:36 am
      this is in times this morn ,dont know if it been posted yet

BARCLAYS is to make a shock intervention at Liverpool FC, backing a £300m refinancing that will lead to the sale of the club.

The bank is this weekend finalising a deal that will see it displace the club’s current lenders, provide additional funds to Rafa Benitez, the manager, and install as chairman Martin Broughton of British Airways. Barclays Capital has been hired to find a buyer.

The move will dispel fears of a meltdown at Liverpool. The team’s owners, American businessmen Tom Hicks and George Gillett, have been at war over strategy and financing for more than a year. Fans have campaigned to oust the pair, and Benitez has had public disputes with them over spending on players.

The club faces an imminent cash crisis. It has outstanding loans of £237m and its lenders, Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia, an American bank, have demanded £100m by July.

Barclays, the main sponsor of the Premier League, will replace RBS and Wachovia, and provide the club with additional capital. “The club’s finances are improving. It just needs breathing space to get itself into shape before it is sold,” one adviser working on the deal said yesterday.

Hicks and Gillett have agreed to Broughton’s appointment. A former head of BAT, the tobacco giant, and the British Horseracing Authority, he is chairman of British Airways, where he has been grappling with cabin crew strikes.

Banking sources said last night that Broughton had been given the job of steering through the refinancing, resolving the rift between Hicks and Gillett, and, with Barclays Capital, finding a new owner.

Analysts have suggested that Liverpool is worth £500m but Barclays is understood to believe it would fetch far more if given time to improve its trading.

“Broughton is the kind of international business figure who will be able to bring in the standard of bidders Liverpool should attract,” one source said.

Barclays’ move highlights English football’s troubled finances. Several top clubs are struggling under the burden of high player wages and crippling debts. Portsmouth became this year the first Premier League club to go into administration.

Fans have rebelled against foreign owners who bought in at the height of the football boom. Manchester United supporters want to oust the Glazer family, the American investors who bought the club in 2005. Wealthy City financiers have formed a consortium, the Red Knights, to buy out the Glazers.

Hicks and Gillett bought Liverpool in 2007 from the Moores family for £219m. The family sold up because they hoped to secure backing to build a new stadium that would allow Liverpool to compete with on better terms with United.

The scheme has been dogged with delays, however, with Hicks and Gillett blaming the banking crisis for their inability to finance construction.

The club has been talking to potential investors for several months including an American private equity fund, Rhone Group. It offered to buy a 40% stake in the club for £116m.

Hicks and Gillett’s dealings with senior Liverpool executives have proved difficult.

Rick Parry, who had been chief executive of the club for 12 years, quit last June after a deterioration in his relationship with Hicks.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article7094313.ece
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #62: Apr 11, 2010 09:53:52 am
      yay i hope all the lying and cheating scum leave sooonnn
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #63: Apr 11, 2010 09:57:15 am
      Would love to see something official over this.

With that inflated price they're apparently wavig about, I think we'll be stick with them for a long while.

Just look at Mike Ashley at Newcastle. That's a scenario that mightn't be as far off as you'd think with these two leeches at the helm.

I hope this is closer to the end than I pessimistically think.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #64: Apr 11, 2010 10:07:21 am
      Why is it about Gerrard and Torres leaving? I am so sick of that! It literally makes me want to puke every time I hear it. Gerrard or Torres in another Jersey is just wrong.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #65: Apr 11, 2010 10:10:17 am

We have to reduce our debt by 100mp by the summer so CP was told to find minority share holders ready to invest...

And G&H valuated 100mp would be about 25% stake in the club and no concrete interest cropped up for that rate... Rhone went for almost half that rate, which was frankly ridiculous...

So now they want to hold the same rate and let go of the club for 600mp and have hired the big guys to clinch the deal asap...

Now if all that is correct then there are a couple of points which should be pointed out:

1. No matter what they have been saying, their sudden urgency to find a buyer suggests one thing and that is our finances are almost in tatters and without this investment we could be in serious trouble.

2. Lack of champions league football WILL have a significant effect on our team unlike what we have been thinking all along.

3. CP HAS got many interested parties but these 2 idiots have driven them away for one reason only - MONEY. Thats all that matters to them and thats all that has ever mattered to them, this proves it.

4. they bought the club for 220mp 3 years ago and if they get a deal for 600mp (unlikely though) then they walk away with a cool 380mp profit by not spending a dime from their pocket,, not building the stadium and sucking the club bone dry. Now thats dirty American businessmen for you
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #66: Apr 11, 2010 10:12:36 am
      Would love to see something official over this.

With that inflated price they're apparently wavig about, I think we'll be stick with them for a long while.

Just look at Mike Ashley at Newcastle. That's a scenario that mightn't be as far off as you'd think with these two leeches at the helm.

I hope this is closer to the end than I pessimistically think.
      It looks like the begining of the end for Hicks and Gillett. Fingers crossed!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #67: Apr 11, 2010 10:14:30 am
      Why is it about Gerrard and Torres leaving? I am so sick of that! It literally makes me want to puke every time I hear it. Gerrard or Torres in another Jersey is just wrong.

Journalism at its finest mate!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #68: Apr 11, 2010 10:16:24 am

Did Rafa ever say, I need 80 million pounds or I have to sell a big player like Gerrard or Torres?

Quick Reply