Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool owners to hire Barclays Capital to find buyer for the Club

Read 16886 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Re: Liverpool owners to hire Barclays Capital to find buyer for the Club
      Reply #184: Apr 12, 2010 02:32:13 am
      Our situation used to be described as a soap opera, but even a soap opera doesn't drag out the same storyline for this long.

It's gone on for too F***ing long now. It needs ending and it doesn't look like it will be ending any time soon. Oh yeah we can all get cockahoop cos they've brought in some pr**k to be chairman or some pr**k to find a buyer for the club, well F***ing news flash nobody wants to buy our club because of the state it's in thanks to those F***ing clowns.

They've landed so much F***ing debt on our club it's unreal. They're asking for way over the odds which nobody is gonna pay. We're in F***ing dire straits and it pains me like nothing else ever has. I may not have a club to love if these two cu*ts aren't removed from my club, city and life.

Nobody will buy the club in it's current state no matter how many F***ing businessmen they bring in to sort it out. It's in such a F***ing mess, it'll take 20 years for somebody to sort it out. The banks need to stop giving them extra time to find money they can't raise and just take the club out of their hands.

I'd rather go into administration, start next year with -30 points than start next season with them two still running my club. That's the stage it's got to.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #185: Apr 12, 2010 02:42:11 am
      Our situation used to be described as a soap opera, but even a soap opera doesn't drag out the same storyline for this long.

It's gone on for too f**king long now. It needs ending and it doesn't look like it will be ending any time soon. Oh yeah we can all get cockahoop cos they've brought in some pr**k to be chairman or some pr**k to find a buyer for the club, well f**king news flash nobody wants to buy our club because of the state it's in thanks to those f**king clowns.

They've landed so much f**king debt on our club it's unreal. They're asking for way over the odds which nobody is gonna pay. We're in f**king dire straits and it pains me like nothing else ever has. I may not have a club to love if these two cu*ts aren't removed from my club, city and life.

Nobody will buy the club in it's current state no matter how many f**king businessmen they bring in to sort it out. It's in such a f**king mess, it'll take 20 years for somebody to sort it out. The banks need to stop giving them extra time to find money they can't raise and just take the club out of their hands.

I'd rather go into administration, start next year with -30 points than start next season with them two still running my club. That's the stage it's got to.

I think they will find a buyer. Somebody will step up and agree to the terms. At least the issue is now known to the public and not just among the fans. I am so glad that Hicks and Gillette are in the process of removing themselves from our club. Sure they might walk away like f*cking crooks, but at this point let's cut our losses and move on. Maybe we get a great owner who is willing to spend whatever it takes to get this club firing on all cylinders.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #186: Apr 12, 2010 02:48:40 am
      I think they will find a buyer. Somebody will step up and agree to the terms. At least the issue is now known to the public and not just among the fans. I am so glad that Hicks and Gillette are in the process of removing themselves from our club. Sure they might walk away like f*cking crooks, but at this point let's cut our losses and move on. Maybe we get a great owner who is willing to spend whatever it takes to get this club firing on all cylinders.

I really don't think anything major will happen until the summer, until they have to lower the asking price of the club, I can't see any major businessman or consortium paying well over the odds for the club.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #187: Apr 12, 2010 02:50:40 am
      I really don't think anything major will happen until the summer, until they have to lower the asking price of the club, I can't see any major businessman or consortium paying well over the odds for the club.

Oh without a doubt, no way they get a buyer before the end of the season. I would say after the world cup, when football is on a high and people are excited I think we might get a lot of hits.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #188: Apr 12, 2010 09:00:31 am
      Ze MasterPlan? Ja!

Ja Vole!

Vee need to take ze fight to zem.

I haf a friend.

He vill move his tanks into Dallas in der morgen.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #189: Apr 12, 2010 09:05:42 am
      I'd almost prefer him as owner at the moment^
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #190: Apr 12, 2010 09:38:40 am

This was touched on before somewhere on here DLS and i'll have to say that i agree with you.  :-\
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #191: Apr 12, 2010 11:04:59 am
      Until RBS  says  enough's enough!  
      The way things are moving it seems that RBS have indicated as much to the fuckwits and they are going through the motions, wasting as much time as possible in the hope that some crazy oligarch will come in and throw £600m at them.
      Their greed is affecting their judgement and the thing they are playing with i.e. time,is their greatest enemy.

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2010 11:34:45 am by stuey »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #192: Apr 12, 2010 11:08:14 am
      The £500m in business terms is called "reserve price". In truth, depending on the banks' kindness, this may turn out to be just a LFC "price discovery" process to find out our market value. The bidders are just "stalking horses".

The sale may or may not happen depending on whether H&G are squeezed by the banks. The owners have the choice not to do the deal after all assuming that the banks are kind.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #193: Apr 12, 2010 11:08:14 am
      This was touched on before somewhere on here DLS and i'll have to say that i agree with you.  :-\
      I posted in the H&G thread mate the press in general are saying that they are preparing to put the club up for sale this week and refinance.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #194: Apr 12, 2010 06:51:03 pm
      fingers crossed these 2 bell ends get out asap, i cant see it happening with the asking price...but at least the process has begun, i wish we had City's owners! pah!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #195: Apr 12, 2010 07:08:38 pm
      The Independent valuation is no more than 350 mill yet the fukwits want between 500 to 600 mill depending how Hicks feels, no wonder no-one wants us, we have a stadium on hold, so add another 500 mill to what anyone pays, this was the reason it was sold to them so cheap so they could build the new stadium, it's a pity Moores didn't put in things they had to do, with a date on it. He was a fool, he has left this club high and dry and in the hands of people who don't give a dam for anything but the almighty dollar.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #196: Apr 12, 2010 07:43:29 pm
      According to SSN we have 3 interested investors one from the middle east and one from Dubai and the third they didn't say. 
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #197: Apr 12, 2010 07:49:29 pm
      Ze MasterPlan? Ja!

Ja Vole!

Vee need to take ze fight to zem.

I haf a friend.

He vill move his tanks into Dallas in der morgen.
      LMAO hahahaha
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #198: Apr 12, 2010 07:55:37 pm
      £600,000,000 ? is this a figure grabbed out of thin air by the cowboys? didn't one of these two buggers recently sell an american sports team for $350,000.000? why the hell do banks lend to tw*ts like these two ?be so glad to see this pair ride off into the sunset !bugger off and leave our club !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #199: Apr 12, 2010 09:54:18 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/12/fans-joy-as-liverpool-fc-is-put-on-sale-with-600m-price-tag-115875-22179822/

600 F***ing million?

600 hundred. !!!!!!!!!

More than Dubai offered and there is a credit crunch.FFS

Fans "Happy" says the Daily Mirror.....check the link.

Well I'M  not happy at Hansel and Gretel raping the club for that.!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #200: Apr 12, 2010 10:01:54 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/12/fans-joy-as-liverpool-fc-is-put-on-sale-with-600m-price-tag-115875-22179822/

600 F***ing million?

600 hundred. !!!!!!!!!

More than Dubai offered and there is a credit crunch.FFS

Fans "Happy" says the Daily Mirror.....check the link.

Well I'M  not happy at Hansel and Gretel raping the club for that.!

Don't know what fans the F***ing Mirror have been talking to mate.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #201: Apr 12, 2010 10:09:47 pm
      I think the majority of us realise that before the start of the next season we'll all have felt like we've been to blackpool and rode the big one non stop for 3 f***in months. Seriously, hold on people we're in  for a loooong and bumpy ride, new owners, ins, outs, shocks & horrors await us all. I'm up for it tho! Them fuckers is gone!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #202: Apr 12, 2010 10:35:36 pm
      £600 Million asking price,the gobsh*tes are having a laugh.Seems to me that the price has been set to deter interested parties.No-one with any sense,would pay more than double the original purchase price,when the club has gone backwards in the 3 years that they have owned it.If anyone were stupid enough to pay the asking price,I would have concerns about their ability as businessmen,and their fitness to run our club properly.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #203: Apr 12, 2010 11:23:44 pm
      This is a more realistic value, whether they take any notice is another thing.

Liverpool up for sale for offers over £400m as RBS close to debt extension

By Nick Harris

12 April 2010

Liverpool’s owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett will announce in the next few days that they have appointed investment bank Barclays Capital to find a “100 per cent buyer” to take the club off their hands, but have been warned by advisors that their price tag of £600m is too steep and that a more realistic valuation is £400m.

The installation of ‘BarCap’ as the “sole finders” of a buyer will end the long-term involvement of Rothschild and Merrill Lynch in the search for fresh investment.

Arriving along with BarCap will be the British Airways chairman (and ardent Chelsea fan) Martin Broughton, as non-executive chairman of Liverpool. His appointment should be ratified shortly, or, as one source said, “as soon as the ‘t’s are crossed and the ‘I’s are dotted, although it’s not fully signed and sealed yet.”

The rationale behind dumping Rothschild and Merrill Lynch is that neither have yet found investors to meet Gillett and Hicks’ requirements, and because they are too closely linked respectively to Gillett and Hicks. The Americans separately hired the banks, and according to one source “the new chairman [Broughton] wants a new bank he knows”.

Whether Broughton and BarCap can find anyone willing to invest huge sums of money is the $600m question that remains to be answered.

Liverpool’s managing director, Christian Purslow, has already tried and failed to meet self-imposed deadlines to bring in cash. Partly this was down to the unattractive proposition of asking an investor to take a minority stake alongside warring owners with financial problems.

Most recently the Rhone Group tabled a £100m bid for a 40 per cent share of the club and then walked away when their deadline passed without acceptance.

One thing in BarCap and Broughton’s favour is that a pressing deadline for repayment of £100m to RBS bank of Liverpool’s £237m debts is almost certain to become less pressing imminently.

Sportingintelligence understands that RBS is close to granting a six-month extension to repay that £100m, currently due on an unconfirmed date between now and the end of July. The extension will mean Broughton and BarCap effectively have until December to find a buyer. Barclays might have a role as Liverpool’s lenders at some stage but that is not envisaged short-term.

Hicks and Gillett have both privately accepted that for them to walk away completely is in the best interests of the club, although both would like to do so with some profit to show for their troubles.

They borrowed £298m to take over the club, or £174m for shares, plus fees of £11m, plus £113m to run it. Then extra spending, including investment in stadium plans, took the total debt towards £350m at one stage.

To abridge a convoluted story, Hicks and Gillett refinanced the debt last summer, reducing it to £237m, but have by now spent somewhere north of £100m of their own money between them (including c.£60m cash input as part of debt refinancing). It could be more.

Thus selling for £400m would allow repayment of the £237m bank debt, plus get them their £100m back (if it is £100m), and leave them with around £63m profit between them (or £63m minus whatever they’ve invested of their own cash over £100m). A profit anyway.

Selling for £500m would make them up to £163m profit between them, or selling for £600m would make a profit of up to £263m between them.

Sportingintelligence has asked what price the owners want, and how much profit they would settle for – I.e, we have asked Liverpool directly, as well as various financiers, PRs, advisors, bankers and spokespeople for the owners (and there are many of them, in several countries), and the owners directly – and no attributable answers have been forthcoming.

“They want ‘full value’,” said one source, speaking under condition of anonymity “and given that the pressure [from RBS] may be off slightly, this won’t be a fire sale.”

Again, what this actually means remains to be seen.

Nobody familiar with Liverpool’s situation doubts for a moment that with a new stadium built and in use, the club can become a tremendous and profitable business proposition (not unlike Arsenal), which in turn should underpin a resurrection in on-the-field results.

But as long as there is no new stadium, a lack of investment in the squad and the very real prospect of being displaced from the “Big Four” by the considerably richer Manchester City, a cycle of decline is possible. Liverpool’s biggest stars want Champions League football, not a “race” for fifth or sixth place.

Any new owner will need at least £400m to buy the club, somewhere between £300m and £400m for the stadium (probably offset by lucrative naming rights), and working capital to buy players, pay wages, cover debt repayment if the stadium money is borrowed, and, possibly, replace a manager who would cost some £16m to sack.

A billion pounds should cover it comfortably; £900m may be enough, for starters.

www.sportingintelligence.com
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2010 11:48:19 pm by reddebs »
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #204: Apr 12, 2010 11:36:11 pm
      Don't know what fans the f**king Mirror have been talking to mate.

The same Mirror said Aquilani had a sh*te game yesterday. They probably didn't even see the game.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #205: Apr 12, 2010 11:42:34 pm
      What website/paper is that from reddebs? Have you got the direct link? Just stick it at the bottom.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #206: Apr 13, 2010 12:40:18 am
      The same Mirror said Aquilani had a sh*te game yesterday. They probably didn't even see the game.
      Isn't that another Manc produced rag?

Quick Reply