Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration

Read 50900 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #437: Apr 11, 2010 06:06:08 pm

He had the best chance of the game though Smiggs and headed it straight over the bar.

We don't take our chances, we'll end up with draws won't we hun.
      m0nkeysbrains
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 203 posts |
      Reply #438: Apr 11, 2010 06:06:25 pm
      That's harsh, mate. Thought Steven was great today with his passing and urgency to pass to men in front of him.

Agreed. He was one of the few who looked like he actually wanted it.
      But the whole starting lineup was poor. Why start with five defenders (+Aquilani ???) and rely on N'Gog upfront? That's why the offense was lacking. In my opinion, Kyrgiakos should've been left out of it entirely. My favorite part of the match was watching Carragher and Agger pass around him.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #439: Apr 11, 2010 06:06:29 pm
      First of all, can we please curb the direct abuse in this thread? I can understand the frustrations, at either the result or the poor misguided souls who only post after we fail to win, but the rules still apply.

And secondly, this is a thread to discuss the match. Not whether or not we should sacking Rafa Benitez after an unlucky result against one of our fellow Europa League Semi Finalists. They can't be that sh*t, can they? :roll:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #440: Apr 11, 2010 06:07:27 pm
      He had the best chance of the game though Smiggs and headed it straight over the bar.

I know hun, your'e right, at least he had shot on goal.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #441: Apr 11, 2010 06:07:41 pm
      Dani Pacheco should've got a full game.

Did more in the 12mins when he was on the field than Ngog did for his 78mins.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #442: Apr 11, 2010 06:07:44 pm
      I'm a lifelong fan, but you're opinion is still full of sh*t, good I want to get to The Europa League final, hopefully finishing fifth means the Yanks can't further line their pockets.

I'd rather have a night out in Hamburg, than applaud the lads for finishing fourth on the last day of the season.

The biggest priority for the club RIGHT NOW is getting rid of those two jokers who supposedly own us.

Fattest nail on the head I've read for a long time.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #443: Apr 11, 2010 06:07:54 pm
      I got my predication horribly correct. Sad game that! But anyway, good things from the game;Pacheco came on and show some amount of class that is required of starting player, Agger should be our left back! Krygiakos is one solid player! Johnson had a field day on the right wing.

Maxi was ok, Babel was better. N'gog needs more experience! Gerrard stringy and Mascherano is vastly becoming an Anfield legend.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #444: Apr 11, 2010 06:08:21 pm
      I'm a lifelong fan, but you're opinion is still full of sh*t, good I want to get to The Europa League final, hopefully finishing fifth means the Yanks can't further line their pockets.

I'd rather have a night out in Hamburg, than applaud the lads for finishing fourth on the last day of the season.

The biggest priority for the club RIGHT NOW is getting rid of those two jokers who supposedly own us.

oh dont worry i want to get rid of them as well

So you'd rather have a night out in Hamburg then applaud the lads.......a bit selfish
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #445: Apr 11, 2010 06:08:34 pm
      4th's out of the question - I'm f**king worried about 5th/6th.

I sincerely hope that we will not get into Europe and concentrate on winning the league next season. Our squad is not big enough to be challenging for both honours.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #446: Apr 11, 2010 06:08:57 pm

Wow, give this man the state-the-obvious medal!

;)

I know what you mean though mate, we have been guilty of throwing some guilt-edged chances down the gurgler at times. Bloody tired of those 'nearly' moments!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #447: Apr 11, 2010 06:09:17 pm
      I dunno mate, I doubt he could have made the breakthrough either against that wall sitting deep. He would have been kicked to shred and put on his grumpy face.

He would have been kicked about, but his movement is a class above any of our other strikers and he would have created space. Defenders fear him.

We probably would have had something closer to a clear cut chance than we did today, and then missed it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #448: Apr 11, 2010 06:09:52 pm
      oh dont worry I want to get rid of them as well

So you'd rather have a night out in Hamburg then applaud the lads.......a bit selfish

A night out in Hamburg to applaud the lads i believe he means :roll:

Think before talk!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #449: Apr 11, 2010 06:10:02 pm
      The big greek should have scored today.

I know :( Missed a great chance.

I didnt like the subs to be honest. I mean Dirk was good when he came on and created a few chances (like the one Sotis missed), but I wouldnt have taken Aquilani off - he was possibly the only one trying long shots (apart from that great effort from Masch in the 1st half) and considering how Fulham defended insided the box, it was one of our best options. And as much as I am a critic of Babel, he created one of our best chances out of nothing - I would rather see Maxi being subbed to be honest... But those who came in had some impact, Pacheco should definately play more
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #450: Apr 11, 2010 06:11:10 pm
      He would have been kicked about, but his movement is a class above any of our other strikers and he would have created space. Defenders fear him.

We probably would have had something closer to a clear cut chance than we did today, and then missed it.

Can't argue with all that. But hate to see him getting kicked around I spose. I think Rafa was right to rest him. Although I wish he'd put Pacheco in instead of Ngog from the get go.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #451: Apr 11, 2010 06:11:53 pm
      The greek the Italian the French all had decent chances. Same case as in Birmingham match. Didn't take them.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #452: Apr 11, 2010 06:12:11 pm
      Thought Aquilani played brilliant toady - was slightly confused as to why he was the first one to be off as I thought he was the best.

All chances went through him, a lot of passes, yes his touch wasn't the best but he looked really tidy, inventive and the one who keeps going. His enthusiasm was on display today and he had really good chances, including the bicycle kick in the first half.

Just not our day today. And not our season. I'll say let's just focus all our energies on winning the Europa League, that should be the priority to end the season on a high. Fourth is perhaps out of reach, but we can gain ourselves direct entry into the Europa League by winning it even if we might fall back to 7th.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8685 
      Reply #453: Apr 11, 2010 06:13:13 pm

Why not, apart from Reina, Mascherano and Torres, the lads should be F***ing applauding us, after the season we've had they and the fuckign thousands they earn should be on their knees in front of the kop begging for forgiveness.

And yeah and rather be fu**ed up in the reeperbahn than go through the sh*t-fest of Chelsea at home (our last home league game of the season.)

onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #454: Apr 11, 2010 06:13:40 pm
      bye bye 4th...at least that horrible "race" is over...

onwards and up...er...sidewards, heading over the West Ham game then its bring on Atletico!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #455: Apr 11, 2010 06:14:30 pm
      Disagree qualifying for the champions league is more important than winning the Europa league to be honest and I'm sure if you asked people on here at the start of the season they would have agreed.

Reading an article by Aldo today he said the same. He said Champions League is vital for the club.

Football these days is all about money sadly not being in the champions league will effect the revenue at the club and in turn there will be absoltuely zero to spend at the club this year I suppose like the last couple of years at the club we may even be forced to sell players this season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8685 
      Reply #456: Apr 11, 2010 06:17:27 pm
      A night out in Hamburg to applaud the lads i believe he means :roll:

What I meant was I rather see us win the Europa and all the messiness that will go with it, rather than trying to get ecstatic about finishing fourth, probably witness Chelsea win the league and then stand there applauding the team for there efforts in the league!

Silverware is were its at!!

Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #457: Apr 11, 2010 06:17:45 pm
      Disagree qualifying for the champions league is more important than winning the Europa league to be honest and I'm sure if you asked people on here at the start of the season they would have agreed.

Reading an article by Aldo today he said the same. He said Champions League is vital for the club.

Football these days is all about money sadly not being in the champions league will effect the revenue at the club and in turn there will be absoltuely zero to spend at the club this year I suppose like the last couple of years at the club we may even be forced to sell players this season.

The significance of finishing fourth is vastly overplayed.
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Fulham
      Reply #458: Apr 11, 2010 06:20:26 pm
      well there goes fourth,not looking forward to next season but at least we're safe from relegation u would think we'd get use to the disappointment not gonna start shouting for heads but their needs to be big changes at the club top to bottom BIG changes. Fcking gutted we've been sh*t all season and we're reaping what we sowed,it was nice to see danny coming on though i'm sure we'll see him more next season cause with no champions league football and no money don't think we'll be attracting any big names ah well f*ck it come on the pool number 19 next season
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #459: Apr 11, 2010 06:20:48 pm
      There was no urgency at all and I think the result is a fair reflection of how we played today. We were dominant in every position, but we couldn't take our own 'half-chances'. Chances that were simple were spurned. Sums up our day today. If you don't score, you don't deserve to win and we didn't deserve to take all 3 points today, IMO.

I think fourth is out of reach now. Really disappointed the lads can't be arsed. And it's more disappointing when the Captain is one of them.

If we made chances that were simple, how on earth did you come to the conclusion that we "lacked urgency" and "can't be arsed"?

And as for this LFC bloke, I really don't think you know what you're talking about. Lifelong Liverpool fan or not, I really couldn't care less to be honest, but you're obviously blind to the fact that Rafa is the best thing that's happened to us in the past 20 years. When he takes the shackles off, we are the most imposing and attacking club team in Europe, possibly the world.

Today was unlucky. We missed a few sitters that would have gone in during any other game.

Quick Reply