Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration

Read 49142 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #483: Apr 11, 2010 06:37:06 pm
      :(, I missed the game, what did i miss ?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #484: Apr 11, 2010 06:37:23 pm
      Sadly at the moment we have to pay £35 million interest repayments the money will have to come from somewhere the last couple of years it has come from the champions league.

The club budgeted for a run to the quater finals of the Champions league every year. A final of Fulham and Liverpool in the Europa league sadly will not generate the money needed.

Like everyone I want to win a trophy but for a club like Liverpool I'd much prefer the league of champions league to be honest rather than the Consolation cup as Aldo likes to call it. The one bright spot on all this it may force the owners out

We will get some money from Europa as well, you realize? Simple fact for me is, i don't want my clubs business model to rely on qualification to a competition. That is stupid, and if indeed is the case then hopefully it ups the pressure on the twits in control hugely. If they really are banking on that, then F**k them.

I've heard no talk about Rafa's testicles or his sack.

Always cheer me up mate :D
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #485: Apr 11, 2010 06:38:05 pm
      :(, I missed the game, what did I miss ?

The game?

Answer's in the question mate :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Reply #486: Apr 11, 2010 06:38:06 pm
      Ha ha ha

My brother and dad have just come back in from the match, my brother reckons we've been watching too many vids from the 90s

And Aquilani looks like a young Jamie Redknapp with longer hair.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #487: Apr 11, 2010 06:39:02 pm
      The game?

Answer's in the question mate :)

Ha, i mean what went wrong ? We needed to win this game.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #488: Apr 11, 2010 06:39:52 pm
      Well Torres came here for the opportunities of champs lge football he couldnt get in Spain with Atletico.. anybody who says it doesnt make a difference is uneducated with the workings of the modern player/game imo..

Well if Torres, or anybody else - including fans - are here just for Champions League football they can F**k right off to somewhere else for it. We're not a stepping stone club for people to further their careers. Playing for Liverpool Football Club is a F***ing privlage and honour than most people would jump at the chance of, and not because they're in the Champions League but because they are getting the chance to play for Liverpool Football Club.

Playing for this club is much more special than playing in the Champions League. Playing for this club is the pinnacle of anybody's career because we are Liverpool Football Club not because we're playing in the Champions League.

So if we miss out on fourth this year and people start whinging to F**k off to play in Europe's biggest competition then they can F**k off. I want people playing for this club because they want to play for the biggest club in the world and the most successful club in England and not just because they see it as a stepping stone to the Champions League.

32 sides play in the Champions League proper every F***ing season so they can go and join one them but it'll be a step backwards because there'll only ever be one Liverpool Football Club.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #489: Apr 11, 2010 06:40:56 pm
      When Torres signed for us we had been in 2 champions league finals in the last 3 years. He thought he was signing for a club on the up and obviously thought he would be in with a chance of winning it with Liverpool. We would be lying if we said it doesn't matter to top players it does.

What is stupid YnWa, you hardly think the Europa league generates anything near the champions league do you.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #490: Apr 11, 2010 06:41:18 pm
      I don't think winning the Europa would have affected our premiership run in.

Last season Man U managed to get to the CL final and still manage to pick up enough points in the run in to win the league.  

And i don't care about the extra 2 million we'd get for qualifying for the Champions league, I just want my team to be in Europe's best club competition again next season.

We could've finished 4th AND won the Europa League this season.
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #491: Apr 11, 2010 06:41:35 pm
      Ha, I mean what went wrong ? We needed to win this game.

Fulham parked the bus.

We started out brightly, attacked, tried long shots, forced some saves.

Greening should have been sent off for a second Yellow. Marriner bottled it.

Should have finished a few chances, Reina had nothing to do until the 91st minute.

Lost belief near the end, but young Pacheco came on and played some good stuff.

In the end, we couldn't get through, and when we did, Schwarzer was up to it.

Now come the disagreements :)
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #492: Apr 11, 2010 06:41:51 pm
      Well if Torres, or anybody else - including fans - are here just for Champions League football they can f**k right off to somewhere else for it. We're not a stepping stone club for people to further their careers. Playing for Liverpool Football Club is a f**king privlage and honour than most people would jump at the chance of, and not because they're in the Champions League but because they are getting the chance to play for Liverpool Football Club.

Playing for this club is much more special than playing in the Champions League. Playing for this club is the pinnacle of anybody's career because we are Liverpool Football Club not because we're playing in the Champions League.

So if we miss out on fourth this year and people start whinging to f**k off to play in Europe's biggest competition then they can f**k off. I want people playing for this club because they want to play for the biggest club in the world and the most successful club in England and not just because they see it as a stepping stone to the Champions League.

32 sides play in the Champions League proper every f**king season so they can go and join one them but it'll be a step backwards because there'll only ever be one Liverpool Football Club.

Well done.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #493: Apr 11, 2010 06:42:54 pm
      When Torres signed for us we had been in 2 champions league finals in the last 3 years. He thought he was signing for a club on the up and obviously thought he would be in with a chance of winning it with Liverpool. We would be lying if we said it doesn't matter to top players it does.

Of course we'd be lying if we thought that. But to say that it is a bigger factor over the fact that we are Liverpool Football Club would be conceding that we're not as big as we think.

What is stupid YnWa, you hardly think the Europa league generates anything near the champions league do you.

That's on the assumption that you progress reasonably far. In either competition.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #494: Apr 11, 2010 06:43:15 pm
      I don't think winning the Europa would have affected our premiership run in.

Last season Man U managed to get to the CL final and still manage to pick up enough points in the run in to win the league.  

And I don't care about the extra 2 million we'd get for qualifying for the Champions league, I just want my team to be in Europe's best club competition again next season.

We could've finished 4th AND won the Europa League this season.

Who the f*** are Man United?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #495: Apr 11, 2010 06:43:43 pm
      But i do agree with you there DLS.

The players should come and play for Liverpool FC, not for The champions league.
      iloverafa
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #496: Apr 11, 2010 06:44:44 pm
      Thats cos they dont even need to win those games to stay ahead of us!! Plus on current form we've no better chance of getting only wins til the end of the season both city and tottenham are in much better league form than us

I can't believe all the whining on here. There's only one reason we didn't win today - we're not supporting the manager. If everyone would get behind him we wouldn't be in this mess.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #497: Apr 11, 2010 06:45:03 pm
      Well Torres came here for the opportunities of champs lge football he couldnt get in Spain with Atletico.. anybody who says it doesnt make a difference is uneducated with the workings of the modern player/game imo..

Torres came here to win TROPHIES not to play in the CL.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #498: Apr 11, 2010 06:45:24 pm
      i have one little question ... with all the debate about europa & 4th place dont we get champions league if we win europa ?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #499: Apr 11, 2010 06:46:09 pm
      I have one little question ... with all the debate about europa & 4th place dont we get champions league if we win europa ?

Nope.

Would be good like but nope.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #500: Apr 11, 2010 06:46:44 pm

No, of course not - but its something. And what i was saying is stupid is that if h&g are indeed banking on CL qualification to balance their books, then F**k them. It is stupid to have any business model relying on funds that are not guaranteed!

I have one little question ... with all the debate about europa & 4th place dont we get champions league if we win europa ?

I don't think so, otherwise a bigger deal would have been made of that im sure.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #501: Apr 11, 2010 06:46:59 pm
      No I do not think so. It was rumoured for forth coming seasons, but no mention of it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Reply #502: Apr 11, 2010 06:47:26 pm
      I can't believe all the whining on here. There's only one reason we didn't win today - we're not supporting the manager. If everyone would get behind him we wouldn't be in this mess.

Plenty supporting him on here, I just wish the board would have financially last summer!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #503: Apr 11, 2010 06:47:43 pm
      Nope.

Would be good like but nope.

We get qualification back into next season's Europa. Regardless of final league position.

You have to win the Champions league to get automatic entry back into it.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #504: Apr 11, 2010 06:48:34 pm
      Ask Torres that after a few years here. Or Pepe Reina.

Yeh thats players who are already here,we can use there sentimentality to guilt them into staying at a club thats going backwards.. as for the rest of the world players with no emotional attachment to LFC we are becoming a less appealing prospect plus we're down around 20m off the bat so the standard chartered deal was just nullified today!!

Its a big deal not to finish in the Top 4. Personally im not sure if its good enough this year no matter what the circumstances with money owners etc We sold players who wanted to leave but we bought replacements. It hasnt worked out either way and now its time for an inquiry into where a 2nd place team can finish 20-30 points lower a season later..
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #505: Apr 11, 2010 06:49:40 pm
      We get qualification back into next season's Europa. Regardless of final league position.

You have to win the Champions league to get automatic entry back into it.

I'm not entirely sure you get automatic entry back into the Europa. It would make sense but I've heard otherwise.

We're better just aiming as high as we can anyway. Keep any of the other gobshites in our league out of it.

Quick Reply