Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

New Chairman in - Liverpool FC up for SALE!

Read 14962 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: New Chairman in - Liverpool FC up for SALE!
      Reply #115: Apr 16, 2010 11:48:07 pm
      I am sure that won't come out publicly until he is long retired and writing a book. :) It's funny though when you think about it. We needed to not finish fourth, or intend to not finish fourth to get the owners out (There is still a chance.) We sacrificed ourselves for the better of the club. YNWA!

I got some weird comments directed at me from as long back as last October but no team gets the points total we got and screams in four points off the title one year ago ...... then disintegrates overnight.

No manager as good as Rafa suddenly makes ridiculous substitutions and plays tactical suicides.

You don't just go from good to ordinary in a few months unless there was a reason.

There was...

Rafa's MasterPlan.

To blow 4th and the CL so the sale price would be cheaper and the Yankees would have to fold.

Rafa never forgot the Klinsmann fiasco.

What a birthday present for El Commandante!

Watch that wink. MasterPlan successful Boss. Rafa is the right man. End Of.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #116: Apr 17, 2010 12:33:19 am
      you could look at this two ways this is a blesssing in disguise perhaps this 3 ring circus will be finished by the time the new season starts. or will another new owner come in and fleece the club more. wish the supporters had the cash to take it over.hope we can get that new stadium started
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #117: Apr 17, 2010 12:34:29 am
      The "end game" for the gobsh*tes is now definately on.I personnally think Rafa and Purslow have been instumental in the undermining of H&G over the last 6 months.RBS has obviously seen the deterioration in the club's fortunes and decided to support the viable option.For once, the gobsh*tes greed has got the better of them.They failed to recognise the passion of Liverpool supporters.They took no respect to our history or the sacrificies we have made for our club.Quite honestly, they don't matter,our 96 lost brothers matter to me,that's why I fight to remove the blemish of these gobsh*tes from our history.The new Chairman must get the next sale right,regardless of price.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #118: Apr 17, 2010 12:43:27 am
      you could look at this two ways this is a blesssing in disguise perhaps this 3 ring circus will be finished by the time the new season starts. or will another new owner come in and fleece the club more. wish the supporters had the cash to take it over.hope we can get that new stadium started
      One of Broughtan's condition of the sale is that new owners commit to the new stadium build.I believe this to be a proper condition,not a contrite PR statement by owners trying to curry favour with the fans.
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #119: Apr 17, 2010 01:25:56 am
      I got some weird comments directed at me from as long back as last October but no team gets the points total we got and screams in four points off the title one year ago ...... then disintegrates overnight.

No manager as good as Rafa suddenly makes ridiculous substitutions and plays tactical suicides.

You don't just go from good to ordinary in a few months unless there was a reason.

There was...

Rafa's MasterPlan.

To blow 4th and the CL so the sale price would be cheaper and the Yankees would have to fold.

Rafa never forgot the Klinsmann fiasco.

What a birthday present for El Commandante!

Watch that wink. MasterPlan successful Boss. Rafa is the right man. End Of.

Is right lad F***ing love it cant wait for him to have proper backing for the first time since he arrived take us back to the top and shut all the crying bas**rds who want him out for someone like o'niell.
      RAFA BENITEZ LEGEND.....FACT
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #120: Apr 17, 2010 01:38:39 am
      Brilliant interview, would love to know what he thinks....but that wink gives it all away anyway!

Can't wait till this man gets properly backed. I have no doubt he will take us right to the top, praying that we recieve funds this summer!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #121: Apr 17, 2010 01:39:07 am
      I wouldn't get too excited at the moment to be honest, that fat c**t Mike Ashley done exactly the same at Newcastle two years ago and he's still at the helm of the club, Until new owners are signed sealed and delivered with the actual funds available to invest in the squad and build a stadium, here is nothing really to get excited by.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #122: Apr 17, 2010 01:42:11 am
      He really is a modern day Shankly.IRWT
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #123: Apr 17, 2010 01:52:40 am
      I gotta say, the idea that Rafa has somehow thrown the league and CL spot to undermine the ownership is madder than a box of frogs. I want whatever you guys are smoking.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,225 posts | 3395 
      Reply #124: Apr 17, 2010 02:09:13 am
      Still feel uneasy about this. Even though it's what we all want, I won't be comfortable until those two cu*ts are gone for good. Not just putting the club up for sale, although that's a step in the right direction, but I'll keep reserved until they've sold.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #125: Apr 17, 2010 02:41:16 am
      Boss interview from Rafa there. Loved the wink.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,382 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #126: Apr 17, 2010 03:36:57 am
      I  never knew Rafa didnt speak chinese!!  ;)

Love him and that interview again shows why he is right for Liverpool. Mr Shankly once said "I was made for Liverpool and Liverpool was made for me" and that sums up Rafa for me. Who else could have been the boss through these bumpy waters?   
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #127: Apr 17, 2010 03:44:50 am
      I  never knew Rafa didn't speak Chinese!!  ;)

Love him and that interview again shows why he is right for Liverpool. Mr Shankly once said "I was made for Liverpool and Liverpool was made for me" and that sums up Rafa for me. Who else could have been the boss through these bumpy waters?   

Exactly he lives and breathes Liverpool, if he has the right financial backup i can see him becoming one of the best managers the premiership has seen in years.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #128: Apr 17, 2010 03:55:32 am
      Our manager supports Madrid, Carragher used to support Everton.

I'm not worried by the fact he supports Chelsea at all.

nail in the coffin!!!

i dont know why some ppl are using chelsea as a excuse.. its called professionalism and business...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,382 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #129: Apr 17, 2010 03:57:06 am

All 3,4,5  of them ha ha Rafa is scouse
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #130: Apr 17, 2010 10:58:10 am
      There's no way the clowns would have put the club up for sale if we were still competing satisfactorily all that talk off them about leaving and enjoyed their time here and the rest of it is F***ing sh*te.
      The only reason they have come to this decision is they have projected the comparable turnover and come to the conclusion that to get back to the standard LFC are associated with will involve the hand in the pocket scenario, cynically they come up with this F***ing crap and put the club up for sale rather than invest in it.Unequivocally proving the the institution of LFC means exactly nothing to these F***ing parasites - it is a stroke of good fortune they are so greedy and follow the quick buck mantra - because they could have stayed and totally destroyed Liverpool Football Club.

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2010 12:37:13 pm by stuey »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #131: Apr 17, 2010 02:01:22 pm

That was because he knew he was getting a treat from Montse for his birthday!!
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #132: Apr 17, 2010 02:37:41 pm
      I like the smiles on his face. He obviously knew something we don't know. A lot of smirks that tells me something really positive is going on. What could it be?

Tell us more Rafa! ;)
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #133: Apr 17, 2010 03:17:13 pm
      Where does the appointing of Broughton leave Christian Purslow? He's been banging on all season his job is to secure investment so I assume he'll continue as the bank's representative and Broughton "yay or nays" the deal when it comes to the board as representative of the owners?

Answers on a postcard folks...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #134: Apr 17, 2010 04:21:13 pm
      ^ Purslow was only ever part-time wasn't he.  Initially his job was to bring in a new Chief Executive which we don't have.

We've got two owners, a separate chairman, and a part time acting Managing Director.  No wonder we move so slowly in the transfer market (on the rare occasion we are buying).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #135: Apr 18, 2010 08:54:36 am
      Call me sceptical but i reckon there's more to the transfer situation under Purslow than that. Maybe the Yanks knew this was coming and didn't want any of 'their' money to be used up - hence one free signing. Who knows, anyway.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #136: Apr 19, 2010 11:10:30 pm
      Brilliant interview, would love to know what he thinks....but that wink gives it all away anyway!

Can't wait till this man gets properly backed. I have no doubt he will take us right to the top, praying that we recieve funds this summer!

This.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #137: Apr 20, 2010 10:11:45 am
      ^ Purslow was only ever part-time wasn't he.  Initially his job was to bring in a new Chief Executive which we don't have.

We've got two owners, a separate chairman, and a part time acting Managing Director.  No wonder we move so slowly in the transfer market (on the rare occasion we are buying).
      I was under the impression that the people you mention i.e Purslow,Broughton and the other board members Ayres and Nash had a free vote to an extent on boardroom decisions and could therefore veto any unsavoury issues instigated by H&G, brilliant I thought the end is in sight!
      However after reading the Echo last night it now transpires that they are all selected by H&G which does throw the progress meter into reverse and entrenches the fuckers yet again.

Quick Reply