Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

New Chairman in - Liverpool FC up for SALE!

Read 14961 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: New Chairman in - Liverpool FC up for SALE!
      Reply #138: Apr 20, 2010 10:38:22 am

Having grown the Club this far we have now decided together to look to sell the Club to owners committed to take the Club through its next level of growth and development.

seriously, when will these two ever stop bullsh*tting? it's getting embarassing. the chief lfc press officer should have the balls to say "guys, nobody's gonna buy it, come up with something that stinks less"

anyway, i think this is positivie. you can't really get owners that are worse then these two.

anyone have any idea to who these 'interested parties' are?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #139: Apr 20, 2010 10:55:59 am
      anyone have any idea to who these 'interested parties' are?
      Only rumours I've heard are of a Syrian businessman backed by billionaires from the United Arab Emirates and of a Chinese woman worth an estimated £12bn who is supposedly only interested on the condition that Rafa stays.
      It's a bit like a transfer window though isn't it, the press will be looking at who has money and what's for sale, then putting 2 and 2 together for the sake of a story.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #140: Apr 20, 2010 02:27:11 pm
      Only rumours I've heard are of a Syrian businessman backed by billionaires from the United Arab Emirates and of a Chinese woman worth an estimated £12bn who is supposedly only interested on the condition that Rafa stays.
      It's a bit like a transfer window though isn't it, the press will be looking at who has money and what's for sale, then putting 2 and 2 together for the sake of a story.

I'd take the Chinese woman, Invest 2 billion, you've still got a lovely 10 billion to yourself, plus most chinese people are honourable. :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #141: Apr 20, 2010 02:38:08 pm
      I'd take the Chinese woman, Invest 2 billion, you've still got a lovely 10 billion to yourself, plus most chinese people are honourable. :)
      Could have predicted you'd say that Daz you horny SOAB and she wouldn't be too honourable after you finished giving her a seeing to.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #142: Apr 20, 2010 02:40:45 pm
      Could have predicted you'd say that Daz you horny SOAB and she wouldn't be too honourable after you finished giving her a seeing to.

Known my luck matey she'd be a chick with a dick $5 dollar sucky sucky variety :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #143: Apr 20, 2010 02:42:29 pm
      Swiftly back on topic...
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #144: Apr 20, 2010 04:41:29 pm
      The Chinese lady would be grand. I bet she would run the club like two c*nts should have done!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #145: Apr 20, 2010 06:41:25 pm
      Think like a fair few people I am just skeptical because it was the Yanks who hired him and they just simply cant be trusted. Dont get me wrong though, should it turn out he is fully committed to our club then I see no reason why he shouldn't stay.

absolutely, team he supports is a hobby for him and personal business. being chariman of ba and lfc is a career and i'm sure he takes these a bit more seriously then his season ticket to chavski.

i'm always on the optimistic side.

i'm gonna love the stories that come out once the c***s have f***ed off. i can see some of them now..

rafa: they told me i couldn't play aquilani cos they couldn't afford the performance based payments
      torres: they told me they were gonna sell me to buy a ranch in texas
      boughton: how da f*** did parry ever do business with these 2 clowns? honestly...
      stevie: basically they were a pair of gobsh*tes who couldn't run a bath let alone a business
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #146: Apr 20, 2010 07:01:58 pm
      They cannot be trusted with the truth so why should we believe anything they say, they are still here even if another guy is chairman, they effectively still run the club and I cannot see any change from before they made this statement, if someone offers a good price and they turn it down we will never know. What happens this transfer window, do they say no money for players untill the club is sold, so we all go away quiet like and wait. This worries me we desperately need more quality players here and yet where is money going to come from, not H&G, that we do know, so if their is no money this closed season where does that leave the club. We all want investment that's what this has been about, and yet without putting in very little these people are trying to take credit for taking LFC into some kind of utopia, when all they have done is employ a few accountants and a draughtsman to put the stadium on paper and for that they want a 400mill profit, one part of me hopes they will never get it and another side says unless they are given their 30 pieces we will never get rid of them.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #147: Apr 20, 2010 07:09:37 pm
      They cannot be trusted with the truth so why should we believe anything they say, they are still here even if another guy is chairman, they effectively still run the club and I cannot see any change from before they made this statement, if someone offers a good price and they turn it down we will never know. What happens this transfer window, do they say no money for players untill the club is sold, so we all go away quiet like and wait. This worries me we desperately need more quality players here and yet where is money going to come from, not H&G, that we do know, so if their is no money this closed season where does that leave the club. We all want investment that's what this has been about, and yet without putting in very little these people are trying to take credit for taking LFC into some kind of utopia, when all they have done is employ a few accountants and a draughtsman to put the stadium on paper and for that they want a 400mill profit, one part of me hopes they will never get it and another side says unless they are given their 30 pieces we will never get rid of them.

you have to think of why there is a new chairman (of such high profile).

they couldn't sell the club because no one wanted to do business with them.

they were forced to take a backseat in the running of the club because the banks demanded it. rbs wanted someone who could actually run the business and sell it at a reasonable price. and rbs hold the card because at any given moment after july, they can demand the 100m back.

we will not be champs league so they cannot cream more dosh out of the club.

if they can't sell the club and the club is not making money for them, they do not have many incentives left for staying. rbs will be pushing for a sale so they can recoup their loan and to be honest, the 2 d***s will not have muhc of a choice. yes they still have to sign the dotted paper to sell, but there will be preassure from the board and the banks to sell if the right buyer comes along.

let's be optimistic, they are effectively being forced out.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #148: Apr 20, 2010 09:09:50 pm
      Another endgame would be Hicks with his hand up the chairMENS arses working their mouthpieces and refusing to cooperate with any reasonable offer, but that in itself is a waiting game and time is the enemy.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #149: Apr 21, 2010 04:35:51 am
      The value of the club has gone up drastically.

The Club's revenues have increased by 55%, commercial revenues have increased by 83%, operating profit (before player trading and exceptionals) has increased by 60%. The club is considered the 4th best in annual turnover potential by Bloomberg. We have jumped up 5 places in the Forbes list since 07. Put a self-sustaining system of a 60k plus seater stadium into the equation and we have ourselves a club worth looking into.

Not even going into the marketable mass appeal or popularity
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #150: Apr 21, 2010 04:43:13 am

The Club's revenues have increased by 55%, commercial revenues have increased by 83%, operating profit (before player trading and exceptionals) has increased by 60%. The club is considered the 4th best in annual turnover potential by Bloomberg. We have jumped up 5 places in the Forbes list since 07. Put a self-sustaining system of a 60k plus seater stadium into the equation and we have ourselves a club worth looking into.

Well thanks George and Tom you've really helped us as a buisness !!!!
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #151: Apr 21, 2010 04:45:55 am

That's all very good and well, but what matters is when the commercial success manifests itself into footballing success. So when you have dicks like h&g lying through there teeth for 3 years, and rinsing the club dry, forgive me if i'm skeptical. Plus, all those facts and figures mean F**k all when you look at the debt that has been put on the club by those yank dicks, £240 F***ing million of it!!! We were and would have been a more attractive buy before the h&g era, they've pretty much doubled the price of the club, so whatever "good" they have brought with them is COMPLETELY overshadowed by the sh*t.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #152: Apr 21, 2010 08:15:55 am
      Its Ayres and Purslow bringing the club up to speed and doing their jobs.

They have done well .....but anyone would ......compared to the club being dead in the water commercially under the "management" of Moores and Parry.
      Its going to look even better.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #153: Apr 21, 2010 08:31:25 am

They have done well .....but anyone would ......compared to the club being dead in the water commercially under the "management" of Moores and Parry.
      I wouldn't start counting chickens until you know where the wolf is!
      Let's not get ahead of ourselves and bear in mind that the chairmen and board members are there at the behest of H&G. 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #154: Apr 21, 2010 09:23:05 am
      I wouldn't start counting chickens until you know where the wolf is!
      Let's not get ahead of ourselves and bear in mind that the chairmen and board members are there at the behest of H&G. 
      That is a good point you make stuey,as far as I am concerned Twit and tw*t still own the club even if it is by default.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #155: Apr 21, 2010 10:07:16 am

I was trying to say that the two have done well but if you get a non performing business and get it to speed its going to "appear" even better.
      I wasnt making any reference to the future.
      Not with those two f**kwits still on board the good ship Liverpool.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #156: Apr 21, 2010 10:18:45 am
      Still wait and see. The concern I have is that we get sold for £400m, those two pr**ks walk away with £150m 'profit', and we end up £400m in debt as the new owners do exactly what H&G did - leverage the club to the hilt.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #157: Apr 21, 2010 11:12:46 am
      Still wait and see. The concern I have is that we get sold for £400m, those two pr**ks walk away with £150m 'profit', and we end up £400m in debt as the new owners do exactly what H&G did - leverage the club to the hilt.
      It's only to be expected that a fair amount of cynicism will prevail in the context of any new owners but there is one cause for optimism, having seen the pigs arse H&G have made of every aspect of running LFC it is inconceivable that anyone would buy the club with the express purpose of carrying on with the financial mayhem the Americans have persued with horrific consequences.
      The club is an acknowledged viable proposition to any investor that handles it diligently and one of the few Premiership clubs that can lay claim to that description, if we had acquired sound owners instead of the fuckwits we were unfortunately saddled with compliments of Messrs Moores and Parry we would surely be where we belong at the summit calling the shots, any new owners would not have to be ardent LFC supporters or even football devotees the only CV needed would be one that involves running a successful business.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #158: Apr 21, 2010 01:29:22 pm

haven't heard about the syrian, but did read something about the chinese investor. sounds interesting. I'm sure the chinese are looking for opportunities nowdays to buy more western business. imagine the advertising and the exposure to the chinese market with 300m football supporters? I'm about to blow my load thinking about it.

I also read about robert kraft still being interested in buying us and all I'm thinking is 'please god no, no more filthy yanks who already own franchises in america'
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #159: Apr 22, 2010 08:52:00 pm
      LFC have been valued at around £530m by American business magazine Forbes and they highlighted a year on year drop of 19% in the clubs value.
      This should be seen as a more realistic figure and can only encourage would be investors who are no doubt following events totally focused.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #160: Apr 23, 2010 04:10:08 pm
      The statement by Hicks that the LFC deal is the best he's been involved with because he stands to make a four fold profit on his investment (his words not mine) will have people queuing to take him out and I'm not talking to the movies or for a chippy tea.
      It could be seen in a different light though, he's talking about making a handsome profit for borrowing a brand, doing absolutely F**k all some might even say sabotaging the company...yet still walk out of the debacle with a few mill in his sky.
      The point I make is how strong is LFC as an institution to withstand the meddling of the fuckwits and remain a viable proposition? which it is and surely an individual or company will appreciate this and maybe Hicks in his reverse psychology is making the point deliberately for this reason.
      Kinda like "I tried to F**k it up and couldn't help but make money- run the company properly and the sky's the limit."  

Quick Reply