Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

New Chairman in - Liverpool FC up for SALE!

Read 14963 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: New Chairman in - Liverpool FC up for SALE!
      Reply #161: Apr 24, 2010 06:30:42 pm
      The statement by Hicks that the LFC deal is the best he's been involved with because he stands to make a four fold profit on his investment (his words not mine) will have people queuing to take him out and I'm not talking to the movies or for a chippy tea.
      It could be seen in a different light though, he's talking about making a handsome profit for borrowing a brand, doing absolutely f**k all some might even say sabotaging the company...yet still walk out of the debacle with a few mill in his sky.
      The point I make is how strong is LFC as an institution to withstand the meddling of the fuckwits and remain a viable proposition? which it is and surely an individual or company will appreciate this and maybe Hicks in his reverse psychology is making the point deliberately for this reason.
      Kinda like "I tried to f**k it up and couldn't help but make money- run the company properly and the sky's the limit." 

Stuey, who knows what goes on in that guys brain cos it sure as hell isn't how normal people view things.  Having said that though I can see your point - subliminal messages and conspiracy theories abound where these two are concerned.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #162: Apr 25, 2010 12:39:59 am
      The statement by Hicks that the LFC deal is the best he's been involved with because he stands to make a four fold profit on his investment (his words not mine) will have people queuing to take him out and I'm not talking to the movies or for a chippy tea.
      It could be seen in a different light though, he's talking about making a handsome profit for borrowing a brand, doing absolutely f**k all some might even say sabotaging the company...yet still walk out of the debacle with a few mill in his sky.
      The point I make is how strong is LFC as an institution to withstand the meddling of the fuckwits and remain a viable proposition? which it is and surely an individual or company will appreciate this and maybe Hicks in his reverse psychology is making the point deliberately for this reason.
      Kinda like "I tried to f**k it up and couldn't help but make money- run the company properly and the sky's the limit." 
      Mate,"due dilligence" means you put a team of dispassionate individuals into a business,to sort out the truth from the sh*te.Now we have a chairman,responsible not only to the club,but also the financing Banks,at last we are having to play by the "rules".So potential bidders will be evaluated for the benefit of the club,and not necessarally for the owners.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #163: Apr 25, 2010 01:30:36 am
      I won't be holding my breath on this one. It looks realisticly loke something in the region of £ 400 mill will be the going price. Unless of course, the banks call in the loan, then it could be the cost of the loan repayment. I don't think they will get any further investors to bail them out now. Fingers crossed then for a Summer clear out.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #164: Apr 25, 2010 01:58:49 am
      The Mirror is reporting that the Chinese investor is willing to buy the club at 500 million pounds as long as Rafa stays, and that negotiations are at a crucial stage. Of course the Daily Fail is reporting that Juve is close to offering Rafa a deal that he will except this week. I freaking hate the media and all it's ****. If there is nothing to report, don't make crap up, just don't report anything.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #165: Apr 25, 2010 02:15:59 am
      Gotta love the Sunday papers, full of sh*te most of them!!!
      The Mirror is reporting that the Chinese investor is willing to buy the club at 500 million pounds as long as Rafa stays, and that negotiations are at a crucial stage. Of course the Daily Fail is reporting that Juve is close to offering Rafa a deal that he will except this week. I freaking hate the media and all it's ****. If there is nothing to report, don't make crap up, just don't report anything.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #166: Apr 25, 2010 10:42:02 am

Mate,"due dilligence" means you put a team of dispassionate individuals into a business,to sort out the truth from the sh*te.Now we have a chairman,responsible not only to the club,but also the financing Banks,at last we are having to play by the "rules".So potential bidders will be evaluated for the benefit of the club,and not necessarally for the owners.
      I am fully aware Roy of the process involved with due diligence but at the end of the day Hicks has the last word, at least that is the situation now. His tenuous relationship with the banks could change everything which is no doubt the reason he appointed the chairmen in the first place.

Quick Reply