Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

New Chairman in - Liverpool FC up for SALE!

Read 14960 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: New Chairman in - Liverpool FC up for SALE!
      Reply #23: Apr 16, 2010 02:33:04 pm
      About time! let's hope DIC have a change of heart!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: Apr 16, 2010 02:34:40 pm
      So, what would be regard as 'acceptable owners'?

If we end up going through this again...
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 16, 2010 02:36:47 pm
      At last!!!!!!! bye bye the 2 ronnies xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Hopefully the syrian businessman back by a ruling UAE family is the next step and said the takeover would have massive implications for the club as we are not the force we should be! This sounds good to me :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #26: Apr 16, 2010 02:36:49 pm
      Got to give him a chance Huyton - remember his reputation is massively on the line now as a businessman first and foremost.

Why? The same chance he gave BA workers.

He's a tw*t in sheeps clothing, trust me when I say this "I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him", plus is it still a non-executive position? That's still not been fully explained.

He's just another rich f**ker feathering his own nest.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #27: Apr 16, 2010 02:37:04 pm
      If RBS want their money back now then I'm sure Barclays will come in and loan it to them.

Word of caution - H&G would probably sell us to Osama Bin Laden if they could get the right price.  Fingers crossed the right people get involved.

JD you say that, and tbh I agree with you, but didnt they turn down a bid of £105M from Rhone group because they didnt think they were the right kind of investment for the club?

Or something along those lines, maybe they have a little bit of good in their hearts or they didnt like the people fronting the group (the latter being more likely though ;D)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #28: Apr 16, 2010 02:38:13 pm
      It's about time.

The owners have really messed us up and like JD said, their ownership was a disgrace to what this great football club is all about.

Get the he*l out!
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #29: Apr 16, 2010 02:39:34 pm
      At last!!!  (sigh of relief!)
      bye bye fuckers- dont let the door knob hit you....

Ok i dont mean to put a downer on this good news, but lets hope we dont have another moron take over??!

A filthy rich guy, rolling in his on £50 notes would do nicely!
      Proper transfer funds, proper support for Rafa- Then we can judge him!
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 16, 2010 02:42:37 pm
      As ever I'll believe it when I see it - but this seems like the beginning of the end
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #31: Apr 16, 2010 02:45:04 pm
      Thomas Hicks and George Gillett said: "Owning Liverpool Football Club over these past three years has been a rewarding and exciting experience for us and our families. Having grown the Club this far we have now decided together to look to sell the Club to owners committed to take the Club through its next level of growth and development.

:f_wah: :lmao:

Don't know to laugh or cry with this
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #32: Apr 16, 2010 02:46:12 pm
      JD you say that, and tbh I agree with you, but didnt they turn down a bid of £105M from Rhone group because they didnt think they were the right kind of investment for the club?
      They turned them down because Rhone wanted 40% for their £100M - valuing the club at £250M.

Not because they didn't think it was 'right for the club'.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #33: Apr 16, 2010 02:51:04 pm
      The beginning of the end for them, it seems.

Hope we get some decent owners with plenty of money.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #34: Apr 16, 2010 02:51:11 pm
      Unlikely the owners will sell the club before the summer.  Rafa even more likely to go to Juve or Madrid now because he will clearly have very little money to spend yet again if he stays here.

New owners will seek to bring in a temporary man for 12 months or something who will have no finances at his disposal.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,687 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Apr 16, 2010 03:00:51 pm
      Only thing this pair grew was the club debt. Dont let the gates hit you on the way out. Will rafa wait another window with no money and uncertainty of ownership
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #36: Apr 16, 2010 03:01:05 pm
      Unlikely the owners will sell the club before the summer.  Rafa even more likely to go to Juve or Madrid now because he will clearly have very little money to spend yet again if he stays here.

New owners will seek to bring in a temporary man for 12 months or something who will have no finances at his disposal.

don't know about that. I was surprised Rafa stayed last summer so now that we have definite light at the end of the tunnel.....
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #37: Apr 16, 2010 03:01:09 pm
      Why? The same chance he gave BA workers.

He's a tw*t in sheeps clothing, trust me when I say this "I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him", plus is it still a non-executive position? That's still not been fully explained.

He's just another rich f**ker feathering his own nest.

I dont disagree with what you are saying here but his mandate is to find a new buyer for the club and that is what we all want isnt it.

I am glad that we finally have someone in to do just that - find a buyer.

He has made his position clear and for now I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #38: Apr 16, 2010 03:04:11 pm
      I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the Arab Sheikh bandwagon. While they do have a huge amount of capital at their disposal, these people are mostly not interested in football for football's sake. The Abu Dhabians who bought City didn't actually want to do so at all, and I'm pretty sure if it all goes sour at Eastlands they'll have no qualms about pulling out and leaving the club saddled in debt. I wouldn't even mind if we got a business enterprise taking us over, as long as they actually had money (note to H&G... you need money to run a football club....) and put a sizeable amount into the club, whilst leaving the people who knew about football to run the football side of things.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #39: Apr 16, 2010 03:05:21 pm
      Apparently it'll take a few months.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #40: Apr 16, 2010 03:05:42 pm
      ... This looks promising... I'll leave it there for now
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #41: Apr 16, 2010 03:06:13 pm
      I dont disagree with what you are saying here but his mandate is to find a new buyer for the club and that is what we all want isnt it.

Remind me again about the various other financial people who have been brought in to find buyers, this must be about the third time the yanks have appointed someone to help sell the club.

One bitten, twice shy.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 16, 2010 03:08:04 pm
      I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the Arab Sheikh bandwagon. While they do have a huge amount of capital at their disposal, these people are mostly not interested in football for football's sake. The Abu Dhabians who bought City didn't actually want to do so at all, and I'm pretty sure if it all goes sour at Eastlands they'll have no qualms about pulling out and leaving the club saddled in debt. I wouldn't even mind if we got a business enterprise taking us over, as long as they actually had money (note to H&G... you need money to run a football club....) and put a sizeable amount into the club, whilst leaving the people who knew about football to run the football side of things.

The guys at Man City are the real deal - just signed a £1B deal with Manchester council to develop Eastlands and the surrounding area
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #43: Apr 16, 2010 03:09:09 pm
      I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the Arab Sheikh bandwagon. While they do have a huge amount of capital at their disposal, these people are mostly not interested in football for football's sake.

I'd say they were more interested than the tw*ts we've had in charge.

They've backed their manager.

And I'd say they seem to have more morals and business sense than any F***ing Yank involved in football.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #44: Apr 16, 2010 03:09:39 pm
      Remind me again about the various other financial people who have been brought in to find buyers, this must be about the third time the yanks have appointed someone to help sell the club.

One bitten, twice shy.

I hear you mate but now its for 100% and not a joint investor as before.

I am as worried as the next fan that they will sell to the highest bidder rather than the best group for LFC but all I am trying to say is that this guy has been apppointed just for this process and that is a good thing in my mind.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #45: Apr 16, 2010 03:11:52 pm
      Would they actually be in debt, though? If their owners aren't borrowing money to finance the club then why would the club have to pay anything back? The only problems I can see with the Man City owners pulling out are firstly, the club would need new owners / investors rich enough to keep momentum and secondly, most players would be on extortionate wages so some may have to be sold to keep the wage bill at a manageable level.
      In the meantime, Man City get to build a fantasy football team, probable CL qualification and (if rumours are true) and 80,000 seater stadium.

Quick Reply