Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Liverpool Owner Tom Hicks Wants £800 Million For The Club

Read 10273 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Liverpool Owner Tom Hicks Wants £800 Million For The Club
      Reply #23: Apr 18, 2010 08:17:09 am
      I gonna ficking samash you c**t!!!'n Tom hicks you goinu down mothrfucjer!!!'mmmm!!!!!!!
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #24: Apr 18, 2010 08:23:43 am
      He has lost his F##king marbles,what a complete w**ker.Senile and delusional spring to mind.I really hate this b#stard would love to see him in public,i am not a violent person but i would struggle to hold myself back if i was confronted by this tw#t.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Apr 18, 2010 08:30:34 am
      They can't demand £800m. It's not entirely up to them anymore.

As reddebs said in another thread, the board consists of them, and 4 others. And I'm pretty sure the 4 others will completely ignore the Yanks.
      They can demand all they want but they will soon be brought down to earth.They will soon find out that their dream of untold riches is nothing more than a nightmare.It is just a pity that they cannot be sued for lowering the value of this great and proud club.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #26: Apr 18, 2010 08:35:40 am
      These two jokers are estimating the value of the club as if we have the stadium built already!

You can't throw £15,000 on to the value of a house on the basis that you're going to build a conservatory. It just doesn't work like that. The quicker they are gone, the better.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27: Apr 18, 2010 08:41:13 am
      As HR said he's winding everyone up - getting his own back for all the s**t we've given him and he's hurting cos we've in effect run him out of town.

Fortunately for us he no longer has a say and how silly will he look when he gets back what he's put in - absolutely f**k all.

He's a bully of the highest order who's suddenly realised he has no clout anymore.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #28: Apr 18, 2010 08:42:36 am
      As I said! I'm gonna F**k you up hicks you c**t! Last time your try to wind up Liverpool fans c**t!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #29: Apr 18, 2010 08:50:03 am
      As I said! I'm gonna f**k you up hicks you c**t! Last time your try to wind up Liverpool fans c**t!!

Dave, we all echo your sentiments but save your energy for someone who gives a s**t.  He ain't worth it mate.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #30: Apr 18, 2010 09:57:07 am
      Not one bit surprised by his comments, i'd expect nothing less from him!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #31: Apr 18, 2010 10:01:42 am
      He thinks he's quadrupled the value of the club?

Motherfucker, please.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #32: Apr 18, 2010 10:05:34 am
      I wish someone would look into Hick's financial background in the last couple of years. At some point that crooked c*nt has to have done something illegal. I want him to live on the streets for the rest of his life. He has made the lives of Liverpool fans miserable for the past 3 years.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33: Apr 18, 2010 10:19:00 am
      I wish someone would look into Hick's financial background in the last couple of years. At some point that crooked c*nt has to have done something illegal. I want him to live on the streets for the rest of his life. He has made the lives of Liverpool fans miserable for the past 3 years.

The banks in America, who he owes around $550m to, are threatening to file bankruptcy proceedings against him so he's living on the edge mate. 
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #34: Apr 18, 2010 10:20:01 am
      F**k off THick s hit.  800 million?  In which universe?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #35: Apr 18, 2010 10:31:30 am
      800 what? Blow it out your arse you F***ing idiot. Hicks has got as much bargaining power as Saddam Hussain, actually they would look well together in the same hole in the ground and that's the only ground he deserves.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #36: Apr 18, 2010 10:32:54 am
      My house is worth 15 million and i am worth 12 million a year in wages. people should be grateful that i am on this earth and when i say i want 800 million for the club i am right....... yes nurse?....time for my medication and nap?....okay...i just have to do one more email to the king of la-la land.......drooooolllll. .....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #37: Apr 18, 2010 10:40:51 am
      My house is worth 15 million and i am worth 12 million a year in wages. people should be grateful that i am on this earth and when i say i want 800 million for the club i am right....... yes nurse?....time for my medication and nap?....okay...i just have to do one more email to the king of la-la land.......drooooolllll. .....
      He's definitely on something.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 18, 2010 11:19:00 am
      He's crazy. No doing that won't satisfy me. He should be torchered till he starts crying and agrees to sell for free like most of our players are bought
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2010 11:24:46 am by crouchinho »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Apr 18, 2010 12:10:52 pm
      Jesus all this personal abuse of poor old Tom, surely deserves a ban  :f_tongueincheek:

Bottom line is it's like when you sell anything you start at your highest valuation leaving room to negotiate on the price, it's inevitable both Tom & George will make a profit this joint venture, however the club will not sell for 800 million. The banks vultures are circling round Tom & George and have basically given them no option but to sell. I could see the club changing hands for somewhere between 500/600 million, I just hope it's sooner rather than later then we can start the summer with a clean slate and hopefully some investment in the squad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Apr 18, 2010 12:22:45 pm
      Jesus all this personal abuse of poor old Tom, surely deserves a ban  :f_tongueincheek:

No one wants to F**k him in the arse though, unlike Lucas ;)

I'm with HR and reddebs here. Pure wind up from Hicks.

Maybe for that reason he deserves a ban too eh RLB? :f_tongueincheek:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #41: Apr 18, 2010 12:27:03 pm

Stop being a strap on.

There's either two options here. It's Sunday which means the papers have an extra few pages to fill up with fabricated drivel or Tom Tom is getting his digs in to try and rile us because he knows we'll bite.

Either way, I'd say it's best to ignore the beaut/beauts.   
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #42: Apr 18, 2010 12:37:58 pm
      Found this article with some interesting points I wasn't aware of, like the email from Shanks' Granddaughter.  If that was done at the suggestion of SOS then hat's off to them for possibly pulling off this coup.  Doubt it made their minds up to sell as they've never shown any care or concern towards the Club or the fans during their ownership.

It's an interesting and funny read.

Sale of Liverpool will end fear and loathing
      Rod Liddle

WOULD you buy Liverpool Football Club for £500m, if you had the money (or indeed, as per the usual process in the Premier League, if you certainly didn’t)? That’s the price put upon the club by the right-wing Yankee leveraged buyout monkeys and turkey stranglers Tom Hicks and George Gillett, who seem to loathe each other even more than the Scouse fans loathe them. That’s almost double what the pair “paid” for the club just three years ago, so one assumes that the Hicks-Gillett partnership is adopting the stance of a stallholder in a Marrakesh souk and one should immediately divide the starting price by 10.

Hicks and Gillett — who claim, hilariously, to have “grown” the club — will leave Liverpool with pretty catastrophic debts, and if anyone is stupid enough to accept their asking price, with an enormous profit for themselves — loads of money to plough back into their Nascar, baseball or turkey strangling interests.

The Liverpool of today is more burdened with debt — to the tune of £237m — and less successful, on the pitch, than the Liverpool of 2007. I wonder who will step up to the plate with the vague promise of finance? The sale is being overseen by Martin Broughton, the chairman of British Airways, and a season ticket holder at, um, Chelsea. They never really quite got Liverpool, did they, Hicks and Gillett? Just bought what they read was the world’s fourth most lucrative football club, ignored the fans and piled up the debts as a consequence.

Still, at least they are probably going, having fallen out between themselves and suffered constant and justifiable vituperation at the hands of the Liverpool faithful who have, over the past three years, played a blinder. Patient and even indulgent with their slightly under-achieving manager, Rafael Benitez, still steadfastly behind their team even when it drops points at home to the likes of Fulham, they vented outrage and annoyance at the Hicks-Gillett partnership from day one.

In a strange sort of way it is probably a good thing that Liverpool will finish sixth or seventh — or even eighth — this season and thus well beyond a place in either the Champions League or the Freight-Rover Champions League, the Europa Cup. A semi-successful season (fourth, say) might have dampened the irritation felt by the Kop. Instead, you might suspect that comparative failure again has sharpened the cutting edge of their complaints, as well as suggesting to Tom and George that it was time to go.

I wonder what effect the fans had; my suspicion is that it was rather more than the two American gentlemen are letting on. They might say that it is coincidence that the sale was announced shortly after Bill Shankly’s grand-daughter, Karen Gill, waded in wearing a pair of Bill’s steel-capped football boots and said: “During the three years, time and again, Tom Hicks and George Gillett have shown that they are not fit and proper custodians of the club that my grandfather loved and devoted 15 years of his life to.”

You will note that cleverly barbed “fit and proper” reference, a challenge to the Premier League’s ludicrously lax definition of the terms that allowed the alleged Thai fraudster Thaksin Shinawatra ownership of Manchester City and let any Walter Mitty own Portsmouth if they could talk about their supposed wealth and commitment with sufficient conviction.

Karen Gill was brought gently into the fray by the excellent Spirit of Shankly campaign, which boasts 5,000 paid-up members and tens of thousands more offering less committed support from internet sites. And it is within here that might lie a glimmering of hope for football fans who feel estranged from the baroque economics of Premier League football and as a consequence alienated from clubs into which they have poured, over the years, rather more money than Hicks and Gillett poured into Liverpool.

A spokesman for Spirit of Shankly, a lad called James McKenna, urged direct action by fans of other clubs. “Can you imagine if all clubs had supporters’ groups like this? Where fans can say no, they’re not going to put up with £70 for a ticket for a cup semi-final, be it the Auto Windshield Cup or the FA Cup? And where the fans of every club will stand alongside them? I’d love to see the fans of every club stand together.” McKenna, however, told me he was less euphoric about the future of his own club, suggesting that there were “more questions than answers” raised by the sudden decision to sell.

I wonder who they will get? If you forget the asking price, Liverpool would be a valuable acquisition. Nor is there much wrong with the team, on a good day — two or three players would restore the Scousers to the top four of the English league and maybe beyond; a little more grit in midfield, someone else who knows how to score goals up front and maybe a winger to give them some width. There’s no doubt in my mind that the off-field uncertainties affected the team this season and almost certainly contributed to Rafa’s strange feelings of paranoia. If Liverpool get the owner their fans deserve, then they could be the team to watch next season.

www.timesonline.co.uk

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Apr 18, 2010 12:42:03 pm

Was total tongue in cheek mate, I've arisen in a piss taking mood. :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #44: Apr 18, 2010 12:44:11 pm
      No one wants to F**k him in the arse though, unlike Lucas ;)

I'll F**k the old crooner up the arse if it means he takes the best offer that comes his way for the club and fucks off out of our club for good, the sooner the better for me.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Apr 18, 2010 12:50:18 pm
      Jaysus I don't think we need any more bite in midfield but good article anyway. If Hicks is serious about the £800 million price tag the club won't be sold any time soon.

It is only after a while on the market and with Hicks and Gillette desperate will we see who really wants to buy the club just not yet.

Quick Reply