Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

David N'gog
      (5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (26.3%)
      Sotirios Kyrgiakos
      (22.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (3.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (1.3%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (16.3%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (22.5%)

Liverpool 3-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match Thread

Read 40267 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match Thread
      Reply #414: Apr 20, 2010 01:36:15 am
      Lovely ball by maxi too. How good a signing has he been
      He's been a bargain at free. No question.  Such a shame he's cup-tied for the Euro games.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #415: Apr 20, 2010 01:37:54 am

I was gonna do one...but someone beat me to it, so I'm afraid you'll have to put up with me a bit longer  :laugh:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #416: Apr 20, 2010 01:38:40 am
      I don't think hardly anybody jumped out of their seats when we scored our first,

I did. They were sitting at the back of the Kop?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #417: Apr 20, 2010 01:39:40 am
      True jd. Remember in an interview he was gutted when he found out he cant play in europe this year. Its not just torres who is missing out
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #418: Apr 20, 2010 01:41:22 am
      I did. They were sitting at the back of the Kop?

Well saying that I was in row 52, just in front of the backofdekop, so I had patrolling stewards around me.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #419: Apr 20, 2010 01:52:48 am
      Well saying that I was in row 52, just in front of the backofdekop, so I had patrolling stewards around me.

Fair enough. I was about to wake a few Doggz up then and send them round!!

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #420: Apr 20, 2010 01:59:56 am
      Quotes heard during the match: well won back by lucas. Good forward pass by lucas. Lucas makes the run but kuyt misplaces the pass. If you look for positives in a game they are there but its always easy to pick at the negative
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #421: Apr 20, 2010 02:16:57 am
      Oh and "Channel 5, Thursday night" is still better than "Friday night, Championship" isn't it?

I like Zola, but I'd love to see West ham get relegated.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #422: Apr 20, 2010 02:26:02 am
      A good win for us against a poor team that showed nothing no passion, character or pride.

Sotis was F***ing immense for me and gets my MOTM, Yossi and Maxi were good too. Those banging on about Lucas's licence to thrill which Rafa has kept in his back pocket need to take a good look at themselves our attacking flare all but died when Stevie was taken off. As for Babel playing up front just can't cut it in the 13 minutes or so he played did not find himself in a position to be played at let alone set up for a goal. I don't want to take anything away from this victory but I would hope that the lads will not have it in their heads that the game in Madrid will be played with such ease.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #423: Apr 20, 2010 02:41:05 am
      We're gonna win the League
      ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #424: Apr 20, 2010 03:09:44 am
      ;)

:laugh: That's the spirit!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #425: Apr 20, 2010 03:34:26 am
      He's been a bargain at free. No question.  Such a shame he's cup-tied for the Euro games.

I wonder if he is as hungry to face his old team as Torres is. Hopefully he improves so next year, he will be able to show what he has on the European stage.
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #426: Apr 20, 2010 03:57:36 am
      just home from the game ( had a few pints in town afterwards) West Ham where sh*t, never threatened us at all, we beat them 3-0 from half a dozen half chances really, we showed tonight that we lack a quality stricker to replace Nando ( cause we should of tore them apart) and it showed in the amount of action in the finally 3rd of the pitch, Stevie looked frustrated at times when he was either on the ball and no one was making runs and had to pass it sideways and when he was making runs and no one was looking for him. The best move of the night was for N'gog's goal which was a top class move from him and Maxi, but the lad looked out off his depth at times against a mediocre defense ( hope he doesnt start on thursday) Maxi looked promising at times, cant understand what the story is with Aquliani????? why did he not get a run out at least? I was sitting at the back of the Kop 207 and it was very vocal for all of the game except for the first 10 - 15 mins of the second half when the west Ham fans where sing '' You are nothing without Torres'' Loved the new Maxi song which was song for most of the second half

Anyways 3-0 is still 3-0 and 3 points  YNWA
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #427: Apr 20, 2010 04:06:06 am
      Agger was solid at left back and Nick the greek keeps getting better, :scarf:
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #428: Apr 20, 2010 04:19:08 am
      just home from the game ( had a few pints in town afterwards) West Ham where sh*t, never threatened us at all, we beat them 3-0 from half a dozen half chances really, we showed tonight that we lack a quality stricker to replace Nando ( cause we should of tore them apart) and it showed in the amount of action in the finally 3rd of the pitch, Stevie looked frustrated at times when he was either on the ball and no one was making runs and had to pass it sideways and when he was making runs and no one was looking for him. The best move of the night was for N'gog's goal which was a top class move from him and Maxi, but the lad looked out off his depth at times against a mediocre defense ( hope he doesnt start on thursday) Maxi looked promising at times, cant understand what the story is with Aquliani????? why did he not get a run out at least? I was sitting at the back of the Kop 207 and it was very vocal for all of the game except for the first 10 - 15 mins of the second half when the west Ham fans where sing '' You are nothing without Torres'' Loved the new Maxi song which was song for most of the second half

Anyways 3-0 is still 3-0 and 3 points  YNWA

Maybe Aquilani will get the start Thursday? It is very frustrating because there hasn't been any news of an injury or falling out of the manager, he is just in limbo. But as long as we keep getting results, so be it. I just wish the lad would get some playing time.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #429: Apr 20, 2010 04:48:05 am
      i thought kuyt played well tonight, but there few posts here which are criticizing kuyt. is it matter of i saw what i wanted to see or kuyt did play well tonight. can anybody confirm it?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #430: Apr 20, 2010 04:50:46 am
      I thought kuyt played well tonight, but there few posts here which are criticizing kuyt. is it matter of I saw what I wanted to see or kuyt did play well tonight. can anybody confirm it?

I thought he did okay, he was hustling non-stop and tracking every ball around him, but some of his passes weren't very accurate. He just kinda seemed like he was going through the motions.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #431: Apr 20, 2010 05:38:44 am
      It seemed their are more posts pissing on the season then the fact we went out and won a match we needed and on top of it had a good showing all around.

What happened this season sucks. We had high expectations and sh*t didn't work out...move one. Where ever we finish whether its 4th or 6th or even lower, then so be it.  We had a sh*t season and it happens.  You cant be dominate and win every single year, every match. Every team goes through down time and rebuilds and always comes back better for it.  I'll take a season or two of rebuilding and imperfect football If I think its for the better.  We might come out of this stronger, make some good moves in the off season, bring in talent and guys willing to do what it takes to win the league and the CL. But whatever happens I will still watch every match and post my thoughts on here and support the club.

I support Liverpool Football Club...not individuals or owners or board members or whatever....I support the team, its history and what it means to world football.  Liverpool is an Institution. Its an entity all to itself and that is whats important.   Wherever they go I'll be their.  Bad seasons is what makes good seasons and league titles and Cups that much better.  Its  knowing that you were their when the team was poor and when they do get that 19th title its going to be that much sweeter.

So, everyone relax, stop fighting and enjoy our 3-0 win over those bubble blowing pricks who are crying into their pints and moaning about relegation.  We won, we played dominate football, without our best player in Torres and got 3 points. Reina, as usual kicked ass, Yossi ran his ass off and scored and we did what we needed to stay in the fight.   End of discussion.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #432: Apr 20, 2010 05:48:54 am
       I do not think there was ever any doubt as to the result,it was just a stroll in the park.3 points in the bag thank you and a practice session for Athletico Madrid.
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #433: Apr 20, 2010 06:07:00 am
      Good on the lads for a good win, and at least a good vibe before Atletico and trains, buses and whatever else to get there!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #434: Apr 20, 2010 06:43:40 am
      Just watched, solid game! Im drinking, so not gonns be the best analysis and i really can't be arsed typing a big post eihtr :D

But, Maxi is looking to be an awesom signing. So is Sotis. 1.5m between two of then? Thanking you very F***ing much ;D For all the talk of Rafa's apparently horrible dealin in transfers, that is F***ing awesome. Pick Sotis for MOTM though, solid in the back and then providing a good threat up front on the setpiece as well. Should have buried that header in the first, but was unlucky that he doesn't have a goal credited to him after that OG, was a whisker away from going in but oh well.

Happy times! Beer tomes!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #435: Apr 20, 2010 06:58:59 am
      Less of this talk about Lucas, the real issue is, why the F**k did Pacheco not play...? ....

;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #436: Apr 20, 2010 07:06:58 am
      Less of this talk about Lucas, the real issue is, why the f**k did Pacheco not play...? ....

;)

Cos Rafa let him go with Spain the F***ing idiot. Seriously, wtf Rafa.

;)

Quick Reply