Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Uefa are a JOKE!!!

Read 3420 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Uefa are a JOKE!!!
      Reply #23: Apr 20, 2010 10:59:24 pm
      Jesus christ, that's ridiculous.

I had one crazy thought of trying to get a ticket myself (even though I have no idea of how it works) if we reached the final, it would be a brilliant first trip to Europe. Now I think it wouldnt have not even a small chance of happening.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #24: Apr 20, 2010 11:45:08 pm
      Makes sense to me actually. It's not just corporations and sponsors that all these other tickets have gone to, they mostly went to football fans, international ones but in this case also many germans. International general public ticket sales already started in february and ended in march, and the german sales were even before that, they ended in january. This is normal with tournaments and finals these days. Same with the World Cup, you can already get tickets now for the finals without knowing who plays. Not too bothered by it.
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 20, 2010 11:47:39 pm
      No suprises its there old game, money drives football these days, the fans are a second thought.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #26: Apr 21, 2010 12:23:38 am
      Won't stop us filling the stadium
      l3scouser
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 21, 2010 12:33:51 am
      just heard Madrid and having to complete the same trip as us on the return leg
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #28: Apr 21, 2010 12:40:21 am
      Dosnt matter we'll get Hamburg in the final an still take over there f**king yard.

THEM SCOUSERS AGAIN
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #29: Apr 21, 2010 01:21:36 am
      If they want this contest to be fair, Athletico have to travel the same number of hours as we are doing. Otherwise its not a fair 2 legged tie.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #30: Apr 21, 2010 02:03:04 am
      If they want this contest to be fair, Athletico have to travel the same number of hours as we are doing. Otherwise its not a fair 2 legged tie.

They have to walk to Anfield. lmao.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Apr 21, 2010 02:15:42 am
      UEFA has long been a joke.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #32: Apr 21, 2010 02:18:49 am
      That just shows that UEFA, FIFA,EPL etc.. Dont care about the fans or supporters.  Its whoever can pay to have their name on the side boards or who can pay to put their name on the jersey.  How many F***ing Heineken commercials and adverts do you see during the Champions league matches.

Now this means 30,000 plus seats of people who really dont give a F**k about football but blow into those annoying, plastic goddamn horns and throw streamers and beach balls around like its a beach party.  Assholes. The real supporters who would give their arms to be at these matches are forced out by high ticket prices or just not given any chance at all to buy tickets.  So UEFA is going to have a Cup final in Europe and guaranteed their will be huge sections of empty seats...Disgrace.

Corporations are ruining sports all over the world. They destroyed every sport in the US and made it Impossible to get tickets for the Superbowl or World Series or Stanley Cup....then you watch on TV and their's empty seats and entire sections empty for a championship final.  
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #33: Apr 21, 2010 02:22:59 am
      That just shows that UEFA, FIFA,EPL etc.. Dont care about the fans or supporters.  Its whoever can pay to have their name on the side boards or who can pay to put their name on the jersey.  How many f**king Heineken commercials and adverts do you see during the Champions league matches.

Now this means 30,000 plus seats of people who really dont give a f**k about football but blow into those annoying, plastic goddamn horns and throw streamers and beach balls around like its a beach party.  Assholes. The real supporters who would give their arms to be at these matches are forced out by high ticket prices or just not given any chance at all to buy tickets.  So UEFA is going to have a Cup final in Europe and guaranteed their will be huge sections of empty seats...Disgrace.

Corporations are ruining sports all over the world. They destroyed every sport in the US and made it Impossible to get tickets for the Superbowl or World Series or Stanley Cup....then you watch on TV and their's empty seats and entire sections empty for a championship final. 

How very true, but to be fair, we Americans are lazy when it comes to following teams to different events. The only event I know of that has fans travelling long distances is The NCAA tournament.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34: Apr 21, 2010 02:42:57 am
      It does not surprise or shock me one bit.

I am sure those 12,000 will do us proud though.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #35: Apr 21, 2010 10:57:16 am
      Crazy. Was desperate to go after the disappointment of Athens. Looks like I won't be now.
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #36: Apr 21, 2010 01:54:15 pm
      Its all done to push ticket prices up. Platini knows exactly what he's doin.When its Liverpool playing the little Dog pops in the Vatican and prays for trouble.He knows ticket shortage causes desperation and when people become dseperate well,anything can happen which is just what the little bummer wants when it comes to "Ze Ingleash Peegs" :f_steam:
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 21, 2010 02:58:24 pm
      Again this just goes to show how UEFA dont give a sh*t about the fans and never will 24000 tickets for both sets of fans is ridiculous where do they get off giving out all those other thousands of tickets to corperate people, it just stinks to high heaven it really does.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #38: Apr 21, 2010 06:28:13 pm
      Makes sense to me actually. It's not just corporations and sponsors that all these other tickets have gone to, they mostly went to football fans, international ones but in this case also many germans. International general public ticket sales already started in february and ended in march, and the german sales were even before that, they ended in january. This is normal with tournaments and finals these days. Same with the World Cup, you can already get tickets now for the finals without knowing who plays. Not too bothered by it.

Not having a go, but where do the majority of those tickets end up, in the hands of touts and on the black market, should of made more than 12,000 available to the competing teams, but then again they have to sort out the Uefa family first and the corporate cu*ts!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39: Apr 21, 2010 08:08:17 pm
      Nothing new there then?

If we get to the final, that won't stop us taking the ground over.

I was thinking the very same when i saw the release of this news on sky sports news. Think back to both Istanbul and Athens when we completely dominated the stands in both European finals, i can't see it being any different even if we play Hamburg themselves.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #40: Apr 21, 2010 08:28:21 pm
      To the tune of oh Campione

11,000 tickets, you must be kidding, for Liverpool
      They say tickets are numbered,
      we're not getting anymore,
      buy we'll buy them outside like we've always done before. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #41: Apr 21, 2010 10:43:34 pm
      Typical!!whoever we plan in the final, its gonna be a knightmare!!Hamburg, we will just be surrounded by Germans, and if its Fulham,  what a knightmare with 80000 people trying to get to Germany potentially.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #42: Apr 21, 2010 10:47:51 pm
      Typical!!whoever we plan in the final, its gonna be a knightmare!!Hamburg, we will just be surrounded by Germans, and if its Fulham,  what a knightmare with 80000 people trying to get to Germany potentially.

I'm sure it won't be as bad as being surrounded by Italians! Anyone who went to Rome in 1984 will tell you that.

And like F**k Fulham will take anywhere near the same numbers as us if they get to the final.

Quick Reply