Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool - In-game and post-match

Read 52739 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool - In-game and post-match
      Reply #644: Apr 23, 2010 07:37:57 pm

Ermmm if you don't invest whilst others around you do, they progress and you regress simples.

Your not that stupid are you ? ...ok you really don't need to answer that question I already know.

We got 20M + 17M signings, the mancshite sold Ronaldo and got valencia for 1/5th I don't see them crumbling to pieces.

Did they not fall out the Champions League, due to Rooney's injury ?

If Man Utd don't win the league this season, they only have teh league cup to show for their efforts, if we win the Europa league, it could be argued we've had as good a season as them in terms of Silverware.

I give you 10 first game injury excuse, but last night, there's no major injury bar torres and we can't muster 1 shot on the F***ing target.

Ermm you asked "where it all went wrong ?", you did not define where did it go wrong last night gob sh*te and I gave you a clear answer.

Honest mate my son talks more sense than you and he's only 8, but well done every community needs an idiot. :D
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #645: Apr 23, 2010 07:41:06 pm
      Ermmm if you don't invest whilst others around you do, they progress and you regress simples.

Your not that stupid are you ? ...ok you really don't need to answer that question I already know.

Did they not fall out the Champions League, due to Rooney's injury ?

If Man Utd don't win the league this season, they only have teh league cup to show for their efforts, if we win the Europa league, it could be argued we've had as good a season as them in terms of Silverware.

Ermm you asked "where it all went wrong ?", you did not define where did it go wrong last night gob sh*te and I gave you a clear answer.

Honest mate my son talks more sense than you and he's only 8, but well done every community needs an idiot. :D

Shots on Target : 0

Honest mate, my sunday school football club plays more football than LFC and they're only 10ish, but well done every F**k up needs a scapegoat
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #646: Apr 23, 2010 07:43:16 pm

We are playing shity football without even being able to have 1 shot on target on more than 1 occasion this season, you tell me where I got it wrong when I say we're sh*t.

Its going wrong because we have the most unproductive, uncreative midfield I have ever witnessed at Anfield, if your not creating chances your not going to score goals its that F***ing simple. Forwards rely on quality service even the best of them, you cut off the service you nullify the threat, thats why I feel the sh*te being directed at Gerrard is way over the top as when he's played centrally, we look a hell of a lot better side and the creative spark re-ignites, remove him from there and put him in the hole with Mascherano and Lucas as our central midfield pairing and results suffer for it.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #647: Apr 23, 2010 07:47:53 pm
      Its going wrong because we have the most unproductive, uncreative midfield I have ever witnessed at Anfield, if your not creating chances your not going to score goals its that F***ing simple. Forwards rely on quality service even the best of them, you cut off the service you nullify the threat, thats why I feel the sh*te being directed at Gerrard is way over the top as when he's played centrally, we look a hell of a lot better side and the creative spark re-ignites, remove him from there and put him in the hole with Mascherano and Lucas as our central midfield pairing and results suffer for it.

If moving gerrard to midfield works wonder, why don't we do that. It's not like the best partnership on planet earth is still working as intended.

We have Aquilani / Benayoun / pacheco who's worth a shot in the AM While gerrard back in the centre.

That's frustrating, as imo Rafa have found the answer but somehow refuses to use it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #648: Apr 23, 2010 07:48:15 pm

Honest mate, my sunday school football club plays more football than LFC and they're only 10ish, but well done every F**k up needs a scapegoat

Did you watch the match ?, have you watched the majority of games this season ?, yes we had no shots on target, where does that stem from ?

Who's job is to provide service to the front men ?

Its the midfield and full backs, not Rafa Benitez and to a degree not Steven Gerrard as he's only as good as the service he receives and he can't really do much with the ball when he's not receiving it, get where I'm coming from now ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #649: Apr 23, 2010 07:49:30 pm
      You're a manc.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #650: Apr 23, 2010 07:54:34 pm
      Did you watch the match ?, have you watched the majority of games this season ?, yes we had no shots on target, where does that stem from ?

Its the midfield and full backs, not Rafa Benitez and to a degree not Steven Gerrard as he's only as good as the service he receives and he can't really do much with the ball when he's not receiving it, get where I'm coming from now ?

Wasn't it Rafa's job to solve the problem? Both the fullbacks are his signings, the midfields as well, his persistence with Lucas while having aquilani around.

We're playing wonderful football with Aquilani on the side, why on earth Rafa does not at least try to play him is beyond me, it's not like we're changing a winning team putting aquilani on.

AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #651: Apr 23, 2010 07:54:53 pm

I wish I'm a manc, it's a lot more easier to face life
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #652: Apr 23, 2010 07:58:27 pm

Hahaha...classic!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #653: Apr 23, 2010 08:05:29 pm
      It must frustrate the hell out of Mascherano and the defence behind him when they get possession,start a good move to the front men and then they cock it up ! our best attackers were Agger and Sotis! Kuyt 's workrate was immense as usual but his final ball crap! the two 'strikers' if you can call them that were toothless,and you get the feeling that when they have to make a choice they always make the wrong choice ,yes i'm frustrated to hell myself watching inept performances from our players ,shane Maxi was ineligible and also shame Aquilani wasn't playing ...i'd be tempted to drop Benny or even Stevie ,going on form ,still, i suppose a 1-0 can be pulled back at home thank god for Pepe Reina our future captain i think .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #654: Apr 23, 2010 08:06:54 pm
      So you never been to Manchester either.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #655: Apr 23, 2010 08:08:38 pm
      No probs we gonna tw*t them at Anfield.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #656: Apr 23, 2010 08:10:10 pm
      So you never been to Manchester either.

Other than that night he loaned Rooney his Granny, I don't think so. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #657: Apr 23, 2010 08:12:37 pm
      Other than that night he loaned Rooney his Granny, I don't think so. ;D
           :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #658: Apr 23, 2010 08:18:16 pm
      It's strange that the players say that every game now should be treated like a final. Are they going to shoot like that when they actually play in a final?
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #659: Apr 23, 2010 08:37:50 pm
      No probs we gonna tw*t them at Anfield.
      To right Stuey, we are certainly going to do them over. And a nice 7,000 you've got mate.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #660: Apr 23, 2010 08:51:27 pm

Gerrard clean on goal - misses the target.

Kuyt, too - misses.

Johnson, too - loses the ball.

Benayoun free header at the back post - over runs it and misses.

4 chances to score and should atleast hit the target but stats will tell you that we had 0 shots on target.

Sticking to the positives, Pepe, Lucas and Carra were great for us.

Pepe kept it competitive, as did Carra with their awareness and anticipation. Lucas covered Gerrard and Masch' shiteness and played some delightful balls through.

Our flanks were disappointing again. No width and our fullbacks were not supporting them/getting burned by Reyes and Simao.

1-0 is pittance. Let's have 'em.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #661: Apr 23, 2010 08:52:27 pm
      Ah ta for clearing that up. Wasn't too sure you see.

Any ideas who this Italian fella Huyton Red was on about then?
      ;D,my mind wasnt all clear mate..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #662: Apr 23, 2010 08:57:51 pm

Well piss off now then. Anyone who says something like that is no real Liverpool fan!! :mad: Boils my blood when I see a so-called Liverpool fan say something like that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #663: Apr 23, 2010 09:00:15 pm

Are you saying that we would still have had 0 shots on target if Torres was playing upfront on his own and the midfield still played and full backs and everybody else played as bad.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #664: Apr 23, 2010 09:00:43 pm
      Very poor performance last night and just a typical show of negativity as of this season, But it is only half time and it could have been alot worse, Last season Rafa experimented with the Gerrard and Nando partnership, He obviously spotted that they feed of each other and would make a great pairing up top, But Midfield is Gerrards forte and when Torres is not playing thats where Stevie should play, Now you could argue that Rafa's tactics are somewhat strange to say the least and last nights options were clearly way off the mark, His choice of team was spot on with the exception of Ngog though, I would have had Babel on the left benny on the right with kuyt up front with Lucas in the hole, Gerrard in midfield with Masch providing a solid midfield and the ability to supply the front runners, To me that would provide a nice balance with most of the players in there favoured roles and comfortable with it, We will make the final, Atletico have fu**ed it IMO, Yeah they'll have Aguero back and he will be a threat, But Benfica are a better outfit than them and look what we did to them, We are going to miss Nando no question, And as of this moment its hard to see where our goals will come from, But in saying that though history tells us that when our backs are against the wall we usually prevail, A all English final is still on and thats exactly what will happen, And thats really going to piss on Platini's French fries.

Keep the faith people      YNWA     IRWT     JFT96
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #665: Apr 23, 2010 09:02:20 pm
      To come to think of it, its obviously not going to make anybody feel any better but Benayoun did still have a goal ruled offside when it is clear to the human eye that he definitely was ONSIDE. We should be taking an away goal back to Anfield with us for the second leg therefore putting us in full control of the tie.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #666: Apr 23, 2010 09:03:03 pm
      Well piss off now then. Anyone who says something like that is no real Liverpool fan!! :mad: Boils my blood when I see a so-called Liverpool fan say something like that.
      He is a manc Dave on a piss take, thinks we're F***ing stupid mate.

Quick Reply