Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool FC Vs. Club Atlético de Madrid - Pre match thread

Read 19350 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool FC Vs. Club Atlético de Madrid - Thursday 29th April; 20:05pm
      Reply #69: Apr 28, 2010 09:28:29 am
      All good in theory, but I can not see Stevie on the right.

Theory? If Kuyt and N'Gog are out those seem to be the only options unless Rafa is going to spring someone like Amoo to play on the right or try Pacheco on one of the wings
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #70: Apr 28, 2010 09:50:57 am
      3-1 win for us ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #71: Apr 28, 2010 10:03:23 am
      It's been a long while since I've seen Stevie on the right.

And just remember may not have N'gog and Kuyt! Looks like Babel would need to play top with either Gerrard/Aquilani behind him.

Probably would see Lucas partnering Masch, Aquilani in front of them, Yossi left and Gerrard right then, unless we have someone who can play on one of the wings (Riera :f_tongueincheek: ).
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #72: Apr 28, 2010 11:01:04 am
      Come on 1 day away and im pumped for this
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #73: Apr 28, 2010 11:08:51 am
      Oh my not much posting going on here then?

We are going to give it our all. If it means them being humiliated, then so be it. I expect this to be an old fashioned European night! We can do this!!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #74: Apr 28, 2010 11:11:44 am
      We have played Lucas on the right before. Kuyt should be okay though. His physio will beat him into shape. Hopefully
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #75: Apr 28, 2010 11:35:08 am
      Kuyt does not have serious injuries that rule him out of games the mans a machine, they'll just replace the part and he'll be as good poor as new.

Seriously though I'm a tad concerned for this one and if we go out I'd like to see us go out with a bang instead of the whimper we seen in Madrid so what ever the formation, what ever the players picked, I've only got three words to say on the matter and that is "Attack Attack Attack"
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #76: Apr 28, 2010 11:42:29 am
      If we win 1-0, how is the extra time system works? Will the away goal be still be counted?
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #77: Apr 28, 2010 11:46:07 am
      If we win 1-0, how is the extra time system works? Will the away goal be still be counted?

1-1?

There is no away goal as both teams scored on there home ground, i think we would go through but unsure personally.

Think we may have OT + Peno's
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #78: Apr 28, 2010 11:47:41 am
      Let's just go for the throat. I'm fed up of seeing Rafa let opponents bring the game to us, this is Anfield, let's take our game to them and be relentless. Nobody is going to give this trophy to us, we need to go and take it. The central midfield pairing will be crucial, i just pray Rafa gets it right, whichever way he goes with it. I'm going for a 3-0 win, looks like injuries are going to force Rafa's hand for this one. Come on Redmen!
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #79: Apr 28, 2010 11:55:10 am
      I do think they will probably get one. But I do think we will get 3. So according to my calculations I make that 3-2 on aggregate with us through. Sorted ;)

3-1 - Gerrard with another double and I reckon Mascherano will get a rare one. Thats gotta be worth a quid at bookies.

Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb
      • Started Topic

• 170 posts |
      Reply #80: Apr 28, 2010 11:56:30 am
      I do think they will probably get one. But I do think we will get 3. So according to my calculations I make that 3-2 on aggregate with us through. Sorted ;)

3-1 - Gerrard with another double and I reckon Mascherano will get a rare one. Thats gotta be worth a quid at bookies.

haha, go put a bet on fella
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #81: Apr 28, 2010 11:58:02 am

45-1 i've got the scorecast sheet up if any1 wants me to check any other results/scorers
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #82: Apr 28, 2010 11:58:39 am

I can't not do now though can i?
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #83: Apr 28, 2010 12:03:39 pm
      I can't not do now though can I?

that makes no sense what so ever but

coral.co.uk

Liverpool are 10/1 to win 3-1
      Athletico are 66/1 to win 3-1
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #84: Apr 28, 2010 12:05:27 pm
      I can't not put the bet on now. Because if I don't its bound to be the right forecast
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #85: Apr 28, 2010 12:07:02 pm
      In a perfect situation id be right with you but as you said the injury front aint good and we dont want to throw it all away by being left wide open to the counter. How many times have we done this to teams in their own back yard and killed the tie off with a quick away goal? These are no mugs but at the same time they can be beaten convincingly on their travels too. Like i said before the first leg, who evers up front has got to make the ball stick and give their defence something to think about. Weve got to keep an eye on Aguero , hes back aint he.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #86: Apr 28, 2010 01:02:34 pm
      Can't F***ing wait.

The first and last Europa League game I'll be catching - due to the fact that I've been banned from watching 3am games as it's a crucial academic year - and if we do get to the final I'll be giving it a miss because of exams a couple of hours later.

I just have a stirring feeling that something's very special is gonna happen. The place is going to erupt!!

Another night for Rafa's players to 'Give themselves a chance to be heroes' and it's special occasions like these where we rise up to the billing. Roll on another magical European night!!

YNWA
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #87: Apr 28, 2010 01:07:54 pm
      Very much look forward to this one.

Regardless of the injuries we have, I think that we can easily do the job at Anfield.

I'm not going to stick me neck out with a prediction of the scoreline but I think we'll win on the night, with a clean sheet.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #88: Apr 28, 2010 01:09:21 pm
      After looking at Bayern Munich entering the final in style - an Olic perfect hat-trick, I am so stoked for Liverpool to get into the Europa League Final as well.

Come on, Reds. Tonight's the night where dreams will become reality, records will be broken, careers will be defined and legends will be born.

Do them in, at Anfield!
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #89: Apr 28, 2010 01:11:21 pm
      The first and last Europa League game I'll be catching - due to the fact that I've been banned from watching 3am games as it's a crucial academic year - and if we do get to the final I'll be giving it a miss because of exams a couple of hours later.

Same here ROF , my parents have banned me from watching late night footy games with IGCSE's coming up .

Can't wait for this ! I want us to go for kill form the starting whistle ad finish the job off . I'm looking twords a 2-0 win for us !

Come on redmen

YNWA  
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #90: Apr 28, 2010 01:14:12 pm
      1-1?
      There is no away goal as both teams scored on there home ground, I think we would go through but unsure personally.
      No if we come 1-0 till 90mins, and then they score in the extra time (will that count as an away goal)?
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #91: Apr 28, 2010 01:14:47 pm
      I think so yes as they scored away from home. I guess.

We need rafa to play this:

Al Pacino's Inspirational Speech

Quick Reply