Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Medal of Honor

Read 5387 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Medal of Honor
      Apr 26, 2010 07:38:01 pm
      A modern day Medal of Honor is due out this year. Announced a while ago like but I only caught wind of it today from a lad in work.

EA has announced that the next Medal of Honor, due in 2010 on the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360, will be set in modern-day Afghanistan, and have separate developers for the game's singleplayer and multiplayer components.

With the runaway success of Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare franchise, it should come as no surprise to find that other top FPS developers want to create their own interpretations of current combat while hoping to make a dent in Infinity Ward's crown. EA is hoping to create the next great modern-day shooter as it brings the formerly past-focused Medal of Honor franchise to present-day Afghanistan. The company is bringing its two biggest soldiers to the frontlines, as EALA (developers of recent Medal of Honor games) will be creating the single-player component while DICE (of Battlefield franchise fame) will be working on the multiplayer component.

The story will be focused on a Tier 1 Operator--a special class of soldier trained to take on the most difficult of missions, while presumably not under the same hygiene standards as the rest of the army, if the boxart below is any indication. We have yet to see any screens or video of the game in motion, but the game will have a trailer at next Saturday's Spike Video Game Awards. The game already has a dedicated website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed, so expect a constant flow of information about this upcoming game.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/213125/modern-day-medal-of-honor-announced-with-separate-single-multi-player-devs

I used to love the old Medal of Honor games but got sick of playing WW2-esque stuff. Pretty much why COD4 and MW2 were such big hits basically. Other games following suit was an occurence that was always on the cards.

I think this should be excellent. The old ones were good so why shouldn't this be?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Medal of Honor
      Reply #1: Apr 26, 2010 07:47:23 pm
      Weird thinking back to the very first COD - that I had. That game was pure brilliance at the time but looking back it's pretty fun how far gaming has advanced over the years.

There's not much reason why this shouldn't be decent. They have the formula. Don't know if it will be as big as COD, though.

I'll probably wait to see reviews / people's reactions before buying if I decide to.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2010 08:13:03 pm
      Here is the 1st trailer for the game.

Medal of Honor Debut Trailer [HD]
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Apr 26, 2010 09:52:03 pm
      That actually looks pretty fantastic.

Like a cross between Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and the Afghan level on MW2.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #4: Apr 27, 2010 11:00:59 am
      Looks mint. I'll be looking forward to it.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Apr 27, 2010 11:03:26 am
      Looks pretty decent, then again all of these types of games usually do when you watch the trailer.

Not sure that's WW2 though...

Edit: Just seen in the first post that it's modern day set in Afghanistan. That'll teach me to read!
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 17, 2010 01:23:09 pm
      F**king.Can't.Wait.

I'm so cut i won't be able to play the beta coming out on the 21st of June. To me, it seems like they've taken the best of Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 and combined them to make one hell of a game.

Have a look at this gameplay footage:
      Medal of Honor - E3 2010 Multiplayer Gameplay Footage
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Jun 17, 2010 01:24:53 pm
      Looks really decent. Like the way the camera moves when you're moving.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 17, 2010 01:29:07 pm
      I like the visual effects of airstrikes. F**king brilliant.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #9: Jun 26, 2010 01:52:18 pm
      Is it PS3 and Xbox or just PS3?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10: Jun 26, 2010 01:57:11 pm
      Should imagine it's all platforms.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #11: Jun 26, 2010 01:59:46 pm
      Its on every platform.

To me it just seems a rip off of BFBC2 and MW2

I know BFBC2 was created by Dice and they have created MoH
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #12: Jun 26, 2010 06:34:27 pm
      Loved the older MoH. But it'll be interesting to see if in these post-COD days if this has the same feeling to it.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #13: Jun 26, 2010 06:40:09 pm
      I didnt even notice it said in the article the platforms its on. I just saw the picture of the PS3 cover and thought it might be just that. Sorry.

Yeah I liked the old medal of honours, hopefully this will be another good one.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #14: Jun 27, 2010 02:29:57 pm
      I didnt even notice it said in the article the platforms its on. I just saw the picture of the PS3 cover and thought it might be just that. Sorry.

Yeah I liked the old medal of honours, hopefully this will be another good one.
      Game Poster looks Boss to Me.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #15: Sep 02, 2010 12:48:06 am
      Thought I'd bump this as the release date is fast approaching (Oct 15th).

Reading these quotes, it's interesting how people can view things from 2 very different perspectives, ;D

To me, it seems like they've taken the best of Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 and combined them to make one hell of a game.

To me it just seems a rip off of BFBC2 and MW2

It's blatantly a 'rip off' of the two games mentioned but as they're both great games, I think it's a positive and if they've successfully taken the best bits, it will be an amazing game. BFBC2 (single player at least) was a bit of a rip off of MW but that didn't do it any harm, in fact they even take the p**s out of MW during the cut scenes.

Anyone else pre-ordered and on what platform?
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #16: Sep 02, 2010 12:50:35 am
      Its graphics look pretty sh!te compared to MW2...vehicles are always a nice touch though.

I'll probably rent it for a bit and see whats its like.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #17: Sep 02, 2010 08:14:40 am
      Its graphics look pretty sh!te compared to MW2...vehicles are always a nice touch though.
      Do you think so? Looking at the trailer on Play.com and some gameplay footage I saw where someone was flying a chopper, I thought it looked stunning :
      http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/12980655/Medal-Of-Honor-Limited-Edition/Product.html
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #18: Sep 02, 2010 04:35:22 pm
      They've gone for smooth looking graphics instead of detailed. The lazy option.

MW2

v

MOH

« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2010 04:40:52 pm by LFC-LCFC »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #19: Sep 02, 2010 08:30:34 pm
      I get what you're saying but it still looks great on the trailers I've watched and hopefully the gameplay will more than make up for it. The online side to BF:BC2 was brilliant!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #20: Oct 12, 2010 11:03:22 pm
      Whoops, I'm in trouble. I forgot I'd pre-ordered this from Play.com and they've just emailed to say it's been dispatched. Can't really afford to go buying games now, the missus is going to kill me!  :couch:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #21: Oct 12, 2010 11:21:35 pm
      Whoops, I'm in trouble. I forgot I'd pre-ordered this from Play.com and they've just emailed to say it's been dispatched. Can't really afford to go buying games now, the missus is going to kill me!  :couch:

But at least when you're in the dog house you'll have this to keep you occupied ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #22: Oct 12, 2010 11:45:18 pm
      That's true, ;D

Let's hope it's worth it!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #23: Oct 13, 2010 05:42:36 pm
      Seems like a good shooter. Nothing new, but decent. Gets 76 on Metacritic so far.

G4TV gave it a 4/5, which is a good sign. Not sure if I'll 'buy' this though.. EA have had enough of my money over the years :).

As for the COD/BF2 debate, I don't think you'll find a single shooter nowadays that doesn't 'steal' some idea from some other shooter. Still, the constant stream of samey FPS's is kind of boring at times.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: Oct 15, 2010 02:33:25 pm
      Rented this. So far, I've completed the first 'mission'.

Hmm. It seems alright. Most you'd want from a shooting game, but it's nothing new and it feels very much like CoD apart from poorer graphics perhaps. Yet to play online though, so maybe I'll be given a completely different experience there...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #25: Oct 15, 2010 04:23:39 pm
      Rented this. So far, I've completed the first 'mission'.

Hmm. It seems alright. Most you'd want from a shooting game, but it's nothing new and it feels very much like CoD apart from poorer graphics perhaps. Yet to play online though, so maybe I'll be given a completely different experience there...

With Battlefield : Bad Company 2, the single player missions were fun but nothing amazing. The online game, however was brilliant and I think that's what these games are aimed at now. I'm hoping that side of MoH will as good as anticipated.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Oct 15, 2010 07:39:22 pm
      The online is good, but overall it feels like nothing on CoD.

It's hardly a bad game, but to me it really lacks something. I won't be buying it I don't think. I'll wait for Black Ops.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #27: Oct 19, 2010 12:23:39 pm
      Made a big decision.

This is still in it's sealed packaging because I haven't had time to give it a go yet. Now that it's released, I've had chance to read customer reviews. It seems that although it was a highly anticipated game, it's nowhere near as good as Bad Company 2, the graphics aren't great and it, apparently, feels as though they rushed it's development. Such a shame but I think I'll wait for the next Battlefield.
      In the meantime, I've decided to return it to Play.com and buy FIFA 11 instead. At least then if the missus moans I can say it's for the kids as well, ;D
      Seriously though, they always play it in Gamestation when we go in so maybe I should have been less selfish and bought that in the first place!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,271 posts | 283 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #28: Oct 30, 2010 03:38:18 pm
      i thought the campain was good but too short and not anything groundbreaking havent played online yet as fifa takes too much online time up so if anyone thinking about buying it maybe worth a rent 1st

^ good move reprobate
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #29: Mar 17, 2012 11:46:14 am
      Got this game for dirt cheap.

Singleplayer is sh*te. I stromed through the levels. Even the hard level on it is pretty easy.

Multiplayer is OK. Its a mixture of BF and COD. There are flaws like Not enough weapons, No killcam, No recoil, Sniper is one hit kill. It dosen't matter whether you get hit on the leg or head. So snipe-fest is going in all the lobbies. The Maps are pretty awesome. Im still killing the game as I'm awright in FPS games.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: Mar 17, 2012 09:12:01 pm
      Can never get around playing this sh*t.

I will only buy Call of Duty and Battlefield for FPS.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #31: Mar 18, 2012 11:50:18 am
      Got this game for dirt cheap.

Singleplayer is sh*te. I stromed through the levels. Even the hard level on it is pretty easy.

Multiplayer is OK. Its a mixture of BF and COD. There are flaws like Not enough weapons, No killcam, No recoil, Sniper is one hit kill. It dosen't matter whether you get hit on the leg or head. So snipe-fest is going in all the lobbies. The Maps are pretty awesome. Im still killing the game as I'm awright in FPS games.
      Taking My words Back. The Game is Horrible. The more you play. The more you realise how bad it is.

Quick Reply