Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Owners, Board Room & campaigns aside who's feeling optimistic ?

Read 5290 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Owners, Board Room & campaigns aside who's feeling optimistic ?
      Reply #69: Jul 25, 2010 02:23:09 am
      And what are you smoking tonight?

What makes you so sure we have a manager who can lead us to 1st spot and on what evidence?

Shabs, we can do it.

We will do it.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #70: Jul 25, 2010 02:27:40 am
      Shabs, we can do it.

We will do it.
      I really hope we can Res I, really hope we can.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #71: Jul 25, 2010 02:35:41 am
      Shabs, we can do it.

We will do it.

I really hope we can Res I, really hope we can.

Guy's im not deluded to think roy is gonna give us the holy grail with the squad we have.

I got negged for posting that i suppourt roy reluctantley!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #72: Jul 27, 2010 10:09:14 pm
      We can do it.

We won't do it.

That's my guess. We have a great team but with Purslow around the team, a manager who isn't even managing anything, owners F***ing about and the undoubted more sh*te that will eventuate throughout the season i think a 4th spot is as good as it will get.

Roy said himself that he doesn't decide the team. If the board decide the Europa League isn't worth it, then Roy will use a weaker team.

Furthermore, Purslow is hoping we all say yes right now to the original question. If we're optimistic, it buys him time and it papers over his fuckwit-ness behind the scenes. We know what he's up to and won't stop fighting him and the Yanks but there are a lot who won't care as long as we're winning. That ideology will go a long way to keeping Purslow - it's why he is trying to get on our side with the Joe Cole signing.

Going by the last two points, if we perform in the league then most will be happy and won't bother with the off field stuff. After all, Purslow is feeding off our demands. We want the league more than anything, and he'll do anything (as long as it costs nothing) to get us as high as possible - including fielding a reserve team in Europe.

So in conclusion, i'm hopeful - not optimistic.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #73: Jul 27, 2010 10:20:04 pm
      Over the summer I have found myself getting more and more pessimistic, things looked up when we signed Joe Cole, but when you sit back and think things over, it's clear that our manager no longer has control of transfers. Our SQUAD is getting weaker, while the first XI improves, clever ploy from the yanks, because people will see the starting team, and be happy, and ignore the fact we don't have great back up, and what back up we do have is being flogged off.

As I have said in another thread, squads win leagues, and ours isn't up to scratch. I can see us scrapping till the end for the Champions league positions, and I really can't tell if we will get it or not.

I can see us winning a domestic cup, but wouldn't be surprised if we go out of the Europa in the early stages.

Just seeing us in a whole lot of sh*t at the moment, and no way out of it.

Quick Reply