Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1114908 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #11201: Nov 25, 2014 09:59:13 am
      Think Lucas should start tomorrow, but there again I do not pick the team.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #11202: Nov 25, 2014 10:28:31 am
      Poor Lucas. Having to watch our shambolic unprotected defence from the sidelines when he could be doing something about it. But Rodgers seems to have lost faith in him or is too scared to drop Stevie. Hopefully Lucas will join a club that appreciates what he has to offer in January.

YNWA.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #11203: Nov 25, 2014 10:40:24 am
      Lucas and the lad Can should be playing more, given what we've seen.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #11204: Nov 25, 2014 11:13:55 am
      Lucas isn't the answer to many questions, but if I were Brendan I'd definitely be playing him as of now.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11205: Nov 25, 2014 12:01:24 pm
      Lucas isn't the answer to many questions, but if I were Brendan I'd definitely be playing him as of now.

Come back Lucas ... all is forgiven ?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #11206: Nov 25, 2014 12:02:31 pm
      Come back Lucas ... all is forgiven ?

;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #11207: Nov 25, 2014 12:42:29 pm

Haha not quite lads. Lucas is still bang average but he DOES want to play for the shirt and he WILL put a shift in. He's exactly the kind of character we need in the team for the next few matches IMHO.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11208: Nov 25, 2014 12:49:24 pm
      Haha not quite lads. Lucas is still bang average but he DOES want to play for the shirt and he WILL put a shift in. He's exactly the kind of character we need in the team for the next few matches IMHO.

I agree Mick, not so sure that we haven't burned our bridges where Lucas is concerned though. Seems all I ever read about him now is how much Benitez liked him and how he would be willing to go to Napoli.

So if we follow the Reina principle he will be out on his ear as soon as the transfer window opens.

For such a carefully planned transfer window we really seem to have managed to mess it up.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11209: Nov 25, 2014 02:00:02 pm
      I agree Mick, not so sure that we haven't burned our bridges where Lucas is concerned though. Seems all I ever read about him now is how much Benitez liked him and how he would be willing to go to Napoli.

So if we follow the Reina principle he will be out on his ear as soon as the transfer window opens.

For such a carefully planned transfer window we really seem to have managed to mess it up.

Exactly Saint.

Lucas is pretty much packed and ready to go now (to all those CL teams that want him, despite what people try to peddle). Brendan made a big mistake letting Reina go (imo) and he'll make another one letting Lucas go. Agger/Reina/Lucas I'd happily see all 3 starting for us at the moment.

As much as we can say Brendan might not have total control of who he is buying, you can sure as sh*t say he's got some control on who he lets go and all 3 of these will be mistakes.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #11210: Nov 25, 2014 02:06:53 pm
      Exactly Saint.

Lucas is pretty much packed and ready to go now (to all those CL teams that want him, despite what people try to peddle). Brendan made a big mistake letting Reina go (imo) and he'll make another one letting Lucas go. Agger/Reina/Lucas I'd happily see all 3 starting for us at the moment.

As much as we can say Brendan might not have total control of who he is buying, you can sure as sh*t say he's got some control on who he lets go and all 3 of these will be mistakes.

Yup. Carra made the point on Sunday there are no men in the team and he's right. The only man we have left is Lucas since Agger and Reina were fu**ed off over clashing with Rodgers ego.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #11211: Nov 25, 2014 09:33:17 pm

So possibly the answer to one question then Mick? ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11212: Nov 26, 2014 09:55:01 pm
      Another decent performance by Lucas, would be a real mistake to let this lad go in Jan if we don't have a replacement coming in.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #11213: Nov 26, 2014 11:11:23 pm
      Not the best in his position but showed why having Gerrard in the DM role has been a cause of many of our problems.
      Hopefully a few more games under his belt will get him match sharp.

My MOM tonight.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #11214: Nov 26, 2014 11:14:33 pm
      Horribly exposed for pace a few times, but given it's his first game for a while I thought he did pretty well. Was bailed out a few times by Allen, but I think he'd actually look better alongside Can in a defensive midfield two rather than the diamond.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #11215: Nov 27, 2014 01:55:42 am
      Horribly exposed for pace a few times, but given it's his first game for a while I thought he did pretty well. Was bailed out a few times by Allen, but I think he'd actually look better alongside Can in a defensive midfield two rather than the diamond.

First half I couldn't see any difference between him and Gerrard in that position. Ludogrets still seemed they had acres of space to get in and behind our midfield.

Second half we looked more compact though.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #11216: Nov 27, 2014 02:29:00 am
      Played like a professional and probably made mistakes I didn't notice on my crappy stream but I can't assume too much there.
      He played like a pro.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #11217: Nov 27, 2014 11:42:45 am
      Another decent performance by Lucas, would be a real mistake to let this lad go in Jan if we don't have a replacement coming in.

Absolutely. It'd be like keeping our finger on that self destruct button.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #11218: Nov 27, 2014 12:22:20 pm
      Looked a little rusty at times but still, worryingly, one of our better players.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #11219: Nov 27, 2014 12:41:14 pm
      Our ball retention was better with Lucas in the side yesterday, allways has been.
      No surprise we´re topping the chart in giving the ball away this year.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11220: Nov 27, 2014 04:06:05 pm
      I thought he had an average game yesterday with little real impact. Every ball that we knocked out to the edge of our box was almost always picked up by a Ludo player, his passing was sterile and negative and our attacks were correspondingly very slow (even more than usual).

Not convinced Lucas is the solution, or even the question anymore, but if he will stay is still a very useful squad player.   
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #11221: Nov 27, 2014 04:18:49 pm
      I thought he had an average game yesterday with little real impact. Every ball that we knocked out to the edge of our box was almost always picked up by a Ludo player, his passing was sterile and negative and our attacks were correspondingly very slow (even more than usual).

Not convinced Lucas is the solution, or even the question anymore, but if he will stay is still a very useful squad player.   

If you think his passing was sterile and negative you must have missed all our recent games with Gerrard and the CB's playing keep the ball.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11222: Nov 27, 2014 04:33:28 pm
      If you think his passing was sterile and negative you must have missed all our recent games with Gerrard and the CB's playing keep the ball.

So just what we needed, another one upholding a proud tradition ?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11223: Nov 27, 2014 04:36:13 pm

I thought his passing was very good, it was mostly positive and keeping the ball ticking. His movement and positional play was very good too. Where Gerrard drops deep and splits the CB and launches long balls, you see Lucas doing the opposite and pushing up into space and keeping things short.

Imagine if Coutinho had played instead of Gerrard, him and Lucas really would be a match made in heaven in my opinion!!!

Quick Reply