Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Alberto Aquilani
      (58.7%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (18.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (4%)
      Ryan Babel
      (1.3%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (17.3%)

Liverpool 2-1 Atletico Madrid: Live match thread and post match frustration

Read 65155 times
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Re: Liverpool vs A.Madrid: Match thread
      Reply #1127: Apr 30, 2010 12:45:35 am
      Not sure why Babel is getting so much hype. Sure - he worked hard, but he still had the touch of a rapist and was pretty wasteful.

F***ing agreed, expected more from him
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1128: Apr 30, 2010 12:46:59 am

Easily forgotten isn't it! It's the away leg that killed us.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #1129: Apr 30, 2010 12:47:07 am
      Babel's attitude was good tonight, chasing lost causes, etc.

But I see people slag Kuyt off for his first touch. But I personally think Babel's is far worse. And Babel often dithers on the ball when a quick reaction would certainly put someone through.

He played well tonight, but I still don't think that he is fulfilling his potential.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #1130: Apr 30, 2010 12:47:17 am
      Iker Casillas played his first in a final - anyway, the stand out decision from Rafa today was Johnson left-back Masch right - when BOTH are culpable for the goal that puts us out our 5th competition this season, you can't blame me for drawing attention to it
      But credit to the team, it was a good effort - see you next season!

why not draw attention to every tackle masch made or how quiet johnson kept reyes or the saving header johnson made when it looked like a free header for aguero.  
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #1131: Apr 30, 2010 12:48:28 am
      I really hope babel don't turn to be a headless chicken with the touch of a serial rapist
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #1132: Apr 30, 2010 12:48:37 am
      Nabil El Zhar has just logged onto the forum - well he can suck the back of them! 

Probably very harsh but I really don't rate the guy at all.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #1133: Apr 30, 2010 12:48:45 am
      why not draw attention to every tackle masch made or how quiet johnson kept reyes or the saving header johnson made when it looked like a free header for aguero.  

because we were eliminated from the competition.........I'm going to treat a negative as a negative for now
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #1134: Apr 30, 2010 12:49:11 am
      Babel's attitude was good tonight, chasing lost causes, etc.

But I see people slag Kuyt off for his first touch. But I personally think Babel's is far worse. And Babel often dithers on the ball when a quick reaction would certainly put someone through.

He played well tonight, but I still don't think that he is fulfilling his potential.

agree. Although it is a relief to actually see some passion!!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1135: Apr 30, 2010 12:50:18 am
      I think it is. You see the way the fans sit forward and the buzz from the crowd when he get's the ball.
      Watch next time he gets the ball and starts running forward with it

I was part of the crowd tonight. Anticipation isnt the right word. Trust me.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #1136: Apr 30, 2010 12:50:24 am
      Europa League final would have been nice....but I can't get too wrapped up about it, we lost, we have to move on and just chalk this up as experience. Some great things happened in this match. Aquilani isn't a bust, Benayoun still produces, when given a challenge Rafa can still manage with what he has, and much more. YNWA! We have each other for support!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #1137: Apr 30, 2010 12:50:36 am
      It's simple the best team won the match. We played brilliantly I'm just sad Aquilani wasn't able to finish the game with the free space he could have done something cutting edge. Sometimes we need to learn to take things in the chin. The lads gave it their all! Babel certainly did, I simply wished he made more attempts at beating the defender but he did well at what he was meant to.

Atletico got lucky, sadly Johnson was isolated and it would seem no one told him man on. So he lost possession. These things happen in games. The lads took the game to them and it was a quality performance. Atletico did come back in the second half and that made the game more exciting.

It would have been nice if we had Yossi on the bench to run at their defenders late on. He would have made an impact definitely.

For all the lads blaming Rafa they need a rethink for Rafa did well, the team did well. They got an away goal that proved crucial. Maybe if ours that was legitimate in the first game was given, we'd not be ruing anything now.

Every player did well. Question marks on Stevie's second half though and extra time for that matter.
      McEvoy_LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #1138: Apr 30, 2010 12:50:47 am
      I actually think that Gerrard didn't play well at all tonight... Looked out of it? Am I wrong? Gerrard has looked tired and off the pace a lot this season...?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1139: Apr 30, 2010 12:52:13 am
      About Johnson on the left wing, I think it was the same Arbeloa/Messi idea: Reyes is so left footed he rarely reaches the line and mostly cuts in, allowing Johnson to use his best foot to cut Reye's moves.

So sad he lost that battle in the air TBH. Here in Argentina the commentarist said: "At such a crutial part of the game, you can't just jump like that. You have to jump like you're lifes at play, if you think you're loosing it, use your arms, use anything you can. Otherwise, you won't be in the finals."

Though I did think there was WAY too much space between him and who i think was Agger. If one fails, the other one comes in. I think it was a very sad goal, but speaking the truth we've taken so many sad goals this season...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #1140: Apr 30, 2010 12:52:50 am
      I actually think that Gerrard didn't play well at all tonight... Looked out of it? Am I wrong? Gerrard has looked tired and off the pace a lot this season...?

He looked good initially but looked increasingly tired as the game wore on.

The same with Aquilani too, but he was a pure animal from the off. His passing was tremendous. A key player next seaon hopefully.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #1141: Apr 30, 2010 12:53:02 am
      Gutted me. Even more gutted I come back here to find so many blaming Rafa for our WIN.

If you dont like Rafa as manager, then support a team which he doesnt manage because Im f**king sick of this same sh*te after every bad result it gets f**king repetative.

This.

Well done lads you done us proud. I could not give any negative comments about any of our starting 11.

And to all those critisising Rafas subs, can you please tell the rest of us what other options he had? and just how is Rafa to blame for a lack of investment? Idiots!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #1142: Apr 30, 2010 12:54:11 am

I don't think it would have looked as worse if it wasn't a 120 minute match opposed to a 90 minute one. I know we played Sunday and that isn't an excuse but we have just looked exhausted this entire season.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1143: Apr 30, 2010 12:54:53 am
      I was part of the crowd tonight. Anticipation isnt the right word. Trust me.

Maybe not for you because you're blind to any of the improvements from players like Babel. But whenever I'm at the match you can see the anticipation because we all know what he can do.

RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #1144: Apr 30, 2010 12:55:45 am
      I don't know what anyone sees in El Zhar

I've never seen the threat or danger there!
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #1145: Apr 30, 2010 12:58:51 am
      for those who criticized, what can he do in 30 min when most of our players were so tired when he came in, he was turned to the mid to take  the ball. nabil needed more games to improve and that what he missed. at least he got involved in the second goal.
      I wonder why Babel played the full game.

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Atletico Madrid: Live match thread and post match frustration
      Reply #1146: Apr 30, 2010 01:00:34 am
      Maybe not for you because you're blind to any of the improvements from players like Babel. But whenever I'm at the match you can see the anticipation because we all know what he can do.

Where's this attitude come from?

The noise is NOT anticipation when Babel gets the ball. The noise is more along the lines "f**king do something to prove your point Ryan you lazy moaning tw*t!" Not that people actually say it, but thats why they urge him on.

Obviously Im blind though aren't I so what does it matter...Im probably deaf as well.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1147: Apr 30, 2010 01:05:10 am
      Any man with his username as Nabil El Zhar is seriously taking the piss!!! Or is it you Nabil you piece of sh*t...Im better than El Zhar :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1148: Apr 30, 2010 01:06:49 am
      Hello, we're all Reds here!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1149: Apr 30, 2010 01:06:55 am
      Wow the forum's a nice place to be tonight.

I'm done.

Quick Reply