Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Spurs or City?

Read 5362 times
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Re: Spurs or City?
      Reply #23: May 03, 2010 10:16:06 pm
      Spurs for me don't really care now but I like Harry and he has done a great job since taking over.

Manchester City vs Spurs Wednesday Night should be a good match.
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2010 01:50:44 am by MsGerrard »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6976 
      Reply #24: May 03, 2010 10:28:55 pm
      I'd probably be inclined to go with Spurs as well.

If City get 4th then they may have an extra carrot to dangle in front of some players.

Spurs however will get knocked out in the qualification round in August.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #25: May 03, 2010 10:33:23 pm
      I dunno. I reckon City, as they'll be able to persuade big name players to come by giving them massive wages anyway. If Tottenham get it, then they'll get bigger name players off the back of being in it, but if they're not then they won't, and it helps the gap between us and Spurs stay more even. City will implode anyway.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26: May 04, 2010 12:02:50 am
      To be honest, I really couldn't give a flying F**k who get's 4th now. it's not us  :f_wah: I just look forward to either of them being knocked out in the Qualifying rounds.  ;D
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #27: May 04, 2010 12:24:34 am
      I'd rather the spuds to be honest , bein a Gooner they are supposed to be my mortal enemy . But i'm not from North London , i'm an Aussie , so that rivalry wasn't born into me .
      Citeh would just become like CSKA Fulham and buy all the players and titles .
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #28: May 05, 2010 01:06:13 pm
      If Shitty win, then it just proves the point that the owner with the biggest wallet wins, which may actually force our 2 owners to realise that if we want to get back were we belong in the CL, they are going to have to invest.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #29: May 05, 2010 01:46:24 pm
      If Shitty win, then it just proves the point that the owner with the biggest wallet wins, which may actually force our 2 owners to realise that if we want to get back were we belong in the CL, they are going to have to invest.

Arguably they've both got bigger wallets. So point proven already.

On a side note, how good would it have been had Villa got 4th spot after Gareth Barry left them for Champions League Football. :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6976 
      Reply #30: May 05, 2010 07:40:14 pm
      Whoever wins this match, I bet Man City still outspend everyone this summer.

I'm backing Spurs tonight.  I hope they finish above Arsenal as well.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: May 05, 2010 07:44:04 pm
      Forgot about the match. Going to have to set it up in a bit so I can watch it up here.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,346 posts | 2868 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32: May 05, 2010 07:57:06 pm
      Ive always liked the way Spurs play and they have Crouchie so Spurs for me

Fans are knobs tho
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #33: May 05, 2010 09:37:11 pm
      Anyone think that if City fail to qualify this year and next year the owner will think about selling them? With all that money invested not going anywhere.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34: May 05, 2010 09:41:07 pm
      Anyone think that if City fail to qualify this year and next year the owner will think about selling them? With all that money invested not going anywhere.

Doubt it to be honest. If they miss out it will only be by a couple of points too so would have been an improvement from last season.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #35: May 05, 2010 09:43:41 pm

He's already committed himself to a £1B redevelopment of the area surrounding Eastlands so he's there for the long haul (whilst most Saudis live in poverty)
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/12/manchester-city-development-eastlands
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #36: May 05, 2010 10:57:44 pm
      It's confirmed.

Tottenham it is.

Who reckons Mancini will now be sacked?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #37: May 05, 2010 10:59:26 pm
      It's confirmed.

Tottenham it is.

Who reckons Mancini will now be sacked?

Perhaps.

Pretty ridiculous if he is though. I hate what Man City have become (I refused to call them 'City' anymore, as if they were the elite city. Same with Man United).
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #38: May 05, 2010 10:59:34 pm
      Happy days good to see City suffer, I like Spurs and all but the worst part is they'll be knocked out by someone like Toulouse now in the qualifiers

Mancini should pack his ridiculously over priced suitcases tonight because he is outta there!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #39: May 05, 2010 11:00:02 pm
      They showed the match on ESPN here in the US.  That match was F***ing awful....Just boring.  No energy from either side, Crouch with a lucky goal and Spurs go to Europe.

Besides Spurs getting a CL spot it sucked of energy.  I dont think either team should go to Europe...Just nothing going on...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #40: May 06, 2010 01:42:48 am
      Spurs in Europe then.

Anyone remember that man city fan who got that tattoo of something like Champions this season, CL winners next season, or something like that? Must feel like a right dickhead now :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6976 
      Reply #41: May 06, 2010 02:54:03 am
      So if Spurs finish 4th then the qualifying rounds have had a bit of a revamp.

The likes of the teams they could play in the preliminary round are

Celtic
      Dinamo Kiev
      Ajax
      Zenit St Petersburg
      Portugese runners up

Those teams are the 5 seeded teams in the 10 teamed 3rd qualifying round.

Spurs enter at the 4th qualifying round.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #42: May 06, 2010 10:22:25 am
      They showed the match on ESPN here in the US.  That match was f**king awful....Just boring.  No energy from either side, Crouch with a lucky goal and Spurs go to Europe.

Besides Spurs getting a CL spot it sucked of energy.  I dont think either team should go to Europe...Just nothing going on...

We must have been watching different games then, I saw a Spurs side create numerous good goal scoring chances, play with width and pace and go for the win.

Reminds me of a team I used to know..
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #43: May 06, 2010 11:28:08 am
      Good season for spurs, and they deserved 4th, and maybe even 3rd.

Great result for us too, simply because this will stop chity attracting top class players - oh sure they'll get a few more high profile mercenaries, but for them this is a failure, and I predict more kaka-like fiasco's this summer.

Long term, they will be a force in all probability, but IF things pan out well for us over the next few months, we won't fall far behind.

Admittedly that's a big IF, but let's not forget that spurs haven't pulled up any tree's in europe and whilst delboy 'arry might be a good man-manager, I don't think he has the nous to succeed in europes top competition.

City meanwhile will be rocked again by instability if they get rid of mancini...
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #44: May 06, 2010 11:56:51 am
      Good season for spurs, and they deserved 4th, and maybe even 3rd.

Great result for us too, simply because this will stop chity attracting top class players - oh sure they'll get a few more high profile mercenaries, but for them this is a failure, and I predict more kaka-like fiasco's this summer.

Long term, they will be a force in all probability, but IF things pan out well for us over the next few months, we won't fall far behind.

Admittedly that's a big IF, but let's not forget that spurs haven't pulled up any tree's in europe and whilst delboy 'arry might be a good man-manager, I don't think he has the nous to succeed in europes top competition.

City meanwhile will be rocked again by instability if they get rid of mancini...

Mancini will be sacked, I have no doubt about that. And I guarantee they will go after Mourhino and fail.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #45: May 06, 2010 12:46:50 pm
      Spurs getting in is good for everyone overall, thank god it's not Citeh.

Quick Reply