Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alberto Aquilani (Mystery Italian Club)

Read 15253 times
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Alberto Aquilani (Mystery Italian Club)
      May 05, 2010 08:56:18 pm
      The agent of Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has not ruled out a return to Italy with Fiorentina this summer.

Aquilani has been a disappointment at Anfield since his £20million move from Roma last summer as a supposed replacement for Xabi Alonso, with his time in England disrupted by several injuries.

Speculation has suggested that debt-ridden Liverpool may look to raise transfer funds by offloading the Italy international, while manager Rafa Benitez's uncertain future has also cast the player's prospects into doubt.

Fiorentina have been credited with an interest in Aquilani and his agent, Franco Zavaglia,knows that the Serie A club's sporting director, Pantaleo Corvino, is an admirer.

"The interest of Fiorentina is not new," Zavaglia told firenzeviola.it. "There are rumours about Aquilani and Fiorentina for three years.

"I don't think there is anything concrete at the moment, but one thing is for certain, Alberto is a craze of Corvino.

"It is still too early to tell if a deal is possible. First of all the priority is to finish the season well. Then we will know what will be the future at Liverpool."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6135197,00.html

This is not so good. Seems to have all the makings of another Robbie Keane deal :( Hope not because I think he's a real player he just didn't get the chance this season. Thoughts?
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2010 12:12:56 am by crouchinho »
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Re: Aquilani linked with Fiorentina...sigh...
      Reply #1: May 05, 2010 09:13:13 pm
      I think everyone is saying, "let's wait to see what happens with the ownership". Nothing more than that.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #2: May 05, 2010 09:16:39 pm
      Alberto is a craze of Corvino - whats one of them. sounds like an ice cream
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #3: May 05, 2010 09:19:03 pm
      Aquilani has been a disappointment at Anfield since his £20million move from Roma last summer.

No he hasn't.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: May 05, 2010 09:19:30 pm
      Bloody hell.

Is it so hard to find the Transfer board? I really didn't realise it was.

Moved, renamed.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina)
      Reply #5: May 05, 2010 09:25:17 pm
      Ahhhh, will these F**k-wit journos ever get it right? He hasn't been disappointing at all, he just hasn't player mucha nd when he has he's looked immense. And he didn't cost £20 mill you tit!
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #6: May 05, 2010 09:29:25 pm
      Bloody hell.

Is it so hard to find the Transfer board? I really didn't realise it was.

Moved, renamed.

Checked the Transfer board it seemed to be all inbound transfers, so I assumed it would've been wrong to post it here. Plus the 'Benayoun - I might leave Reds' thread has survived fairly well in the Kop board without being moved and this is an identical story.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7: May 05, 2010 09:32:41 pm
      Checked the Transfer board it seemed to be all inbound transfers, so I assumed it would've been wrong to post it here. Plus the 'Benayoun - I might leave Reds' thread has survived fairly well in the Kop board without being moved and this is an identical story.

Benayoun isn't being linked to anyone in particular.

Aquilani and Torres are. So it's not identical at all.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #8: May 05, 2010 10:06:48 pm
      The only disapointment is that he wasnt fitter quicker, but we seem to have got him near enough match fit and hes show some serious class when hes started

Dont let him go!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #9: May 05, 2010 10:08:52 pm
      The only disappointment was his playing time, his skills are fantastic and I would love him to stick it out for the remainder of his contract. He could become a Liverpool legend, who really knows with only 3-4 starts he has had, and he has scored twice and assisted like 4 goals already in little time.
      leeper1892
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | -2 
      Reply #10: May 05, 2010 10:09:46 pm
      i think his quality will show next season. dont let him go
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #11: May 05, 2010 10:19:45 pm
      been impressed with him in the few games he's played. If he gets a good pre-season he will show his worth next season. Another day, another liverpool player being linked with a move, the usual bullsh*t.

How many of our players have been linked with moves now? Reina, Torres, Gerrard, Kuyt, Benyoun, Aquilani, Mascherano, Ince, and Rafa. I've probably forgotten a few. I wish all these useless c*nt journalists would piss off and stop talking complete b*ll*cks, they sicken me
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #12: May 05, 2010 10:23:40 pm
      F**k me is there anyone that is not being linked away from the club this is a F***ing joke Broughton hurry the F**k on and find owners or I can see nothing but a mid table finish next season.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #13: May 05, 2010 10:43:38 pm
      A fit Aqulani is one of the players I am most looking forward to seeing next season. He must not be sold.

Anyway, if you believe the papers, we will be lucky to have enough players left next season to even field a team.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #14: May 05, 2010 10:47:32 pm
      Anyway, if you believe the papers, we will be lucky to have enough players left next season to even field a team.

And that's the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold said so.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #15: May 05, 2010 10:48:27 pm
      And that's the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold said so.

What?
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #16: May 05, 2010 10:48:42 pm
      Every summer these journalists have stories linking players with clubs only about 2% of these ever end up in transfers. It's crap just to fill up space.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #17: May 05, 2010 10:50:50 pm
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #18: May 05, 2010 10:52:51 pm
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #19: May 05, 2010 11:44:02 pm
      I'm disappointed in myself pal!!
      I STAN BULL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -2 
      Reply #20: May 07, 2010 09:42:52 pm
      At least let the lad have another season. When he did play he played ok. Rafa has to start playing some players he says he has trust in. He says he has trust in Pacheco but never lets the boy play on the pitch only up and down the side line warming up.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2010 02:35:20 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Tidied your post up a bit. »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Aug 20, 2010 12:11:52 am
      How about this!

Aqua set for Italian loan
      Roy Hodgson has revealed Alberto Aquilani could be set to go out on loan back to Italy.

The midfielder was not included in the squad for Thursday's 1-0 Europa League win over Trabzonspor and the Reds boss admitted a temporary move back home could be on the cards.

"At the moment we are considering possibly loaning him to an Italian club, but nothing is sure about that yet so I don't have anything to report," said Hodgson.

"I didn't want to use him tonight just in case the loan goes through because for Aquilani this year it's very important that he plays regular football, every week as the number one man on the team sheet.

"I can't promise him that here so if a loan move to Italy could help him in that respect it might be good for all parties.

"It would certainly be what he needs, it would certainly protect the value of the player and when he does return to Liverpool no doubt we will see the Aquilani that we signed before he came here injured last year."

Source lfc.tv
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #22: Aug 20, 2010 12:14:13 am
      I think i speak for most when i say..

WHAT. THE. F**k.

Quick Reply