Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alberto Aquilani (Mystery Italian Club)

Read 15254 times
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Mystery Italian Club)
      Reply #115: Aug 20, 2010 06:12:29 pm
      Its obvious Roy has had a look pre-season and in training and doesn't like what he's seen from the lad. Maybe not ability wise, maybe just general attitude or something.

Personally, I cant see him playing centre midfield for us as he's far too lightweight and gets pushed off the ball too easily and although he's only played 15 or so games for us apart from the 1st half performace home to spurs he's done nothing for me. Theres no way should he be ahead of Cole, Gerrard or even Pacheco for playing in the hole so to be honest I'm not that bothered by this.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #116: Aug 20, 2010 06:17:08 pm

Probably both!
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #117: Aug 20, 2010 06:40:53 pm
      Of course, I want him to stay, but some Italian club can get him back to form then we get the full Aquilani the season after?

That's the only positive way to look at it :(

You dont loan a player back to Italy to bring him back a year later?!! Thats terrbile management. If he wanted him mastering the premier league for the future for liverpool he could easily have sent him to Newcastle or even west brom til xmas, both sides who like to play attacking football. Sending him to italy is just f**king him off and not being able to sell him. Lucas and Poulsen will never work plus the masch saga has twists and turns left in it.

I cannot understand this decision at all.. what if he gets injured at juventus?? They dont need to look after him hes not there player so they can play him 3 times a week if they want with no loss to them. Plus Poulsen just left cos he couldnt get in the side so Aqua can get games there somehow ie Aqua is better,younger and more expensive than Poulsen.. then why did we just loan him out?? There is no logic to this decision and im predicting a short tenure for Roy at this rate. Looks like we're his blackburn and not his fulham.. :(

Really amateur decision from Roy and hes totally let me down.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #118: Aug 20, 2010 06:45:10 pm
      Its obvious Roy has had a look pre-season and in training and doesn't like what he's seen from the lad. Maybe not ability wise, maybe just general attitude or something.

Personally, I cant see him playing centre midfield for us as he's far too lightweight and gets pushed off the ball too easily and although he's only played 15 or so games for us apart from the 1st half performace home to spurs he's done nothing for me. Theres no way should he be ahead of Cole, Gerrard or even Pacheco for playing in the hole so to be honest I'm not that bothered by this.

Kinda agree he couldnt start ahead of gerrard in the middle but definitely an option to fill in for Gerrard or Cole in their roles and remember they are both older than aqua and very injury prone also. Cole has had 5 x 90min games in 3 seasons so we need decent cover in those positions plus all the uefa + league cup games where players will need to be rested. Now we have no cover and we didnt even get a cent back for it..?? Poulsen in the hole when gerrard and cole are injured haha makes me laugh we lost yossi whose the only person capable of covering for either cole or Gerrard.

Im so pissed off right now
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #119: Aug 20, 2010 06:47:06 pm
      The only reason I can think of as to why this is going to happen is because his transfer fee was only a couple of million initially with the rest done in installments over a period of time and a set amount of appearances. Maybe there are a few couple of million payments due based on appearances in the very near future and the board are unwilling to pay them so told Roy to send him out on loan?

yeh i argued this out before when rafa wouldnt play him but was put in my place that the money due to appearance bonuses for Roma was quite small and the bulk of fees were set in ston over time agreements not appearance based :( Theres no logic to stupidity
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #120: Aug 20, 2010 06:53:04 pm
      When he played last season against Portsmouth it was in the centre probably the best individual performance I saw last season. This makes no sense and If Roy doesn't rate him I worry about what type of players he likes.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #121: Aug 20, 2010 07:26:17 pm
      When he played last season against Portsmouth it was in the centre probably the best individual performance I saw last season. This makes no sense and If Roy doesn't rate him I worry about what type of players he likes.

I actually thought his game against Spurs, in the hole was his best game.

I just don't understand why this lad would be loaned.
      pedro43
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #122: Aug 20, 2010 07:28:49 pm
      Thought he needed last season to adjust.Was expecting big things from him this season now we wont get the chance.So we seem to be buying defensive players and selling our attacking options.Bad business in my view.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #123: Aug 20, 2010 07:50:48 pm
      I'll break my own neck if he leaves :,c
      J1897
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #124: Aug 20, 2010 11:04:22 pm
      Hi guys, i'm a Juventus fan, sorry for my English not perfect

This evening i heard on tv the manager of Aquilani,
      He confirmed that:
      -loan at Juve
      -EUR 15 million for the acquisition next year
      -The player will be in Turin on Monday for a medical and signing the contract

........what we are most concerned about his physical condition, i think the low cost of the player is due to this....

bye
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #125: Aug 21, 2010 12:01:10 am
      Hi guys, I'm a Juventus fan, sorry for my English not perfect

This evening I heard on tv the manager of Aquilani,
      He confirmed that:
      -loan at Juve
      -EUR 15 million for the acquisition next year
      -The player will be in Turin on Monday for a medical and signing the contract

........what we are most concerned about his physical condition, I think the low cost of the player is due to this....

bye

Thanks for clarifying this, we could of done with him on monday against City, bollocks!
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #126: Aug 21, 2010 12:32:26 am
      Why the F**k are we loaning him out just to sell him. If we are going to sell him then do it now, not next year for fucks sake. would rather him stay but that looks unlikely so cash in on him, straight away. no point wasting a year without his services for no reason.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 988 posts | 15 
      Reply #127: Aug 21, 2010 12:54:44 am
      Come on guys, i know it's a little hard to chew; i for one totally loved the guy and would have loved to see him play this season.. But let's not forget Hodgson isn't a clueless idiot. A manager with his experience can surely see what we have seen in Aquilani. He must have his reasons.

Have some faith, we might be having some new blood soon.
      J1897
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #128: Aug 21, 2010 01:23:12 am
      Come on guys, I know it's a little hard to chew; I for one totally loved the guy and would have loved to see him play this season.. But let's not forget Hodgson isn't a clueless idiot. A manager with his experience can surely see what we have seen in Aquilani. He must have his reasons.

Have some faith, we might be having some new blood soon.

and i'm sure Poulsen will certainly do well in Liverpool, in Juve did not go well because the whole team was a disaster... certainly is not Alonso o Mascherano.....

bye all and good luck for this season
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #129: Aug 21, 2010 01:35:34 am
      I hope it turns out well. But my gut feeling is it wont turn out well  :(
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #130: Aug 21, 2010 01:40:14 am
      If he goes on loan to Juve or whatever, we wont see him in a LFC shirt again. I have to take it on the chin and admit he just wasn't to be, kills me saying that as i really thought he would be a great player for us.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #131: Aug 21, 2010 02:09:15 am
      i really thought he would be a great player for us.

You're not alone kenny. ...

"There has never been any question about Alberto's talents," . ..."It is obvious for all to see that he is a gifted footballer" - Roy Hodgson 24 July 2010

. ...but that was before we had Poulsen.  ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,912 posts | 6835 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #132: Aug 21, 2010 02:27:05 am
      Just can't get my head around this decision at all. WTF? One step forward, 2 steps back. F**k  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #133: Aug 21, 2010 02:31:42 am
      Totally lost with this one, whats going on? is this negative news? are we signing a quality attacking midfielder as a replacement? doubt it!!!

Hate being in the dark at the moment.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #134: Aug 21, 2010 04:53:21 am

Same gam i thought of, bril performance.

Still F***ing gobsmackd. What the F**k is going on?
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #135: Aug 21, 2010 01:04:04 pm
      Short, but not so sweet. Good luck, Alberto.

Aquilani loan deal agreed

Liverpool and Juventus have agreed a one-year loan deal for Alberto Aquilani.

The midfielder will undergo a medical in Italy on Monday.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/aquilani-loan-deal-agreed
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #136: Aug 21, 2010 01:04:20 pm
      I just don't get this.

If Roy doesn't want him then don't F***ing loan him. At least sell him and get Diego as part of a deal or go for VDV. At the moment we are just loaning an attacking player and getting a lad who can tackle and not pass the ball two yards.

F***ing great.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #137: Aug 21, 2010 01:06:51 pm
      Apparently it's done deal with Juventus for a year.

Crazy.

Quick Reply