Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alberto Aquilani (Mystery Italian Club)

Read 15252 times
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Mystery Italian Club)
      Reply #138: Aug 21, 2010 01:10:23 pm
      Im shocked. No idea what to say. Massive dissapointment.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #139: Aug 21, 2010 01:13:21 pm
      When he played last season against Portsmouth it was in the centre probably the best individual performance I saw last season. This makes no sense and If Roy doesn't rate him I worry about what type of players he likes.

I worry too mate. Juve fans must be pissing themselves that we gave them 4,5 mil for Poulsen and then we give them a year of Aquilani for peanuts.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #140: Aug 21, 2010 01:20:10 pm
      Top teams have quality in reserve and that's why Aquilani should be here, by loaning him out we have weakened our squad/position, its a disgrace the lad should be building his form and fitness and learning how his team mates play and gelling with them here.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #141: Aug 21, 2010 01:26:14 pm
      He has gone  :f_wah: :mad: ???

Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has returned to Italy and signed a season-long loan deal with Juventus. More to follow

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #142: Aug 21, 2010 01:33:21 pm
      The dumb thing about loaning a player like him out is that it doesn't give us any money to replace him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #143: Aug 21, 2010 01:39:55 pm
      The dumb thing about loaning a player like him out is that it doesn't give us any money to replace him.

I mentioned that yesterday Dexter, lost a player and have no funds to replace him.

I can not believe it, it's all come about because Roy could not Guarantee him game time when were in 4 competitions and there's injuries, rotation, suspension and substitutions to consider.

I've said in the "Is Roy the right man" thread, I think this decision may just come back to bite Roy on the arse.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #144: Aug 21, 2010 01:45:29 pm
      You look at the deals some teams are getting, e.g Milner for Villa, Ireland AND £20-odd million
                                                                         Eto'o for Inter, Zlatan AND £40 million
      And then we're on the other end of these sort of deals, paying £4.5m for a less then quality defence minded midfielder and giving Juve a much better flowing player for nothing for a year!
      Pissed off to sh*t and back, off to start a new FM and get us a proper midfielder.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #145: Aug 21, 2010 01:51:20 pm
      I've said in the "Is Roy the right man" thread, I think this decision may just come back to bite Roy on the arse.

Indeed, the americans can't be blamed for this, this is Roys call, and its sh*t.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,687 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #146: Aug 21, 2010 01:52:15 pm
      I reckon Pureslime must be a Queen fan. Can see him dancing in his office to Another one bites the dust
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #147: Aug 21, 2010 03:32:45 pm
      Just doesn't make sense. Holding back my anger about this.

The only way I'd accept it is if there was a 'callback clause' in there. But let's face it, there's not, is there...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #148: Aug 21, 2010 04:27:27 pm
      F***ing crazy, we don't have the strength in depth to afford the luxury of loaning out players the F***ing joke is we only have to cop for a couple of injuries and it's panic stations.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #149: Aug 21, 2010 05:04:48 pm
      We will look a laughing stock,Joe Cole in on a free, and a 20 million pound midfielder given out on loan.Hope Roy has something up his sleeve and it ain't just his wrist. :mad:
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #150: Aug 21, 2010 06:14:26 pm
      Got to say im really not too bothered - Aqua has hardly been prolific. If both Rafa and Roy dont play him there must be someting in it, perhaps something they have seen in training?

If he goes to Juve and then playes amazing we can bring him back, or sell him for the 20Million we spent. Lets be honest when he joined not many of us were too chuffed, now he's leaving were all pissey about it - what do you wnat to happen?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #151: Aug 21, 2010 06:24:56 pm
      Definitely looking like Masch is staying with us until at least January with Alberto going to Juve. Massimo Moratti has promised Roy that he won't be offering anything this month. Seems that even owners of other clubs are offering more support to the Liverpool team than those two cu*ts.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #152: Aug 21, 2010 07:55:22 pm
      Or after Joe Cole come, the club have to free some space in the treatment room for him ?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #153: Aug 21, 2010 08:27:20 pm
      I just don't understand how any manager in the world would bring Poulsen to replace Aquilani, because that's what has happened, seeing that masch aparently is not leaving. So I really don't have a F***ing clue about what is going on with this. I think I'll wait til the end of the tranfer window before I unleash my wrath upon Roy's arse. But to this very moment i'm F***ing fuming.

The only word to describe this situation is 'what-a-F***ing-joke'. I loved the lad. Even told some friends he would shine this season...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #154: Aug 21, 2010 08:48:43 pm
      I just don't understand how any manager in the world would bring Poulsen to replace Aquilani, because that's what has happened, seeing that masch aparently is not leaving. So I really don't have a f**king clue about what is going on with this. I think I'll wait til the end of the tranfer window before I unleash my wrath upon Roy's arse. But to this very moment I'm f**king fuming.

The only word to describe this situation is 'what-a-f**king-joke'. I loved the lad. Even told some friends he would shine this season...

What did he do last season to justify him staying on? £18 million for a player who was injured up until November. Then following that he only made 9 starts in which he made no impression. Yes people say when we started him we won games more comfortably (which was a rarity for last season) but that's the result you always get when you replace an attacking minded player in place of a defensive player like Lucas. Sorry but the moment Joe Cole walked into Liverpool this was coming. And I'd much rather have Joe Cole playing with Gerrard and Masch behind him, leaving Aquilani on the bench. Play Aquilani and one of those players is dropped. And for an £18 million rated player - that's the last place you'd want to be. Aquilani came to Liverpool as a first eleven player. Not as an impact sub. Roy made the correct call in my view.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #155: Aug 21, 2010 08:57:26 pm
      This is F***ing bullshit. I really hope there is a clause that allows us to bring him back if needed otherwise we are fu**ed. Cole and Gerrard are both very unlikely to be fit the entire season Roy you idiot! F***ing hell :mad:

I need a beer.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #156: Aug 21, 2010 08:59:26 pm
      What did he do last season to justify him staying on? £18 million for a player who was injured up until November. Then following that he only made 9 starts in which he made no impression. Yes people say when we started him we won games more comfortably (which was a rarity for last season) but that's the result you always get when you replace an attacking minded player in place of a defensive player like Lucas. Sorry but the moment Joe Cole walked into Liverpool this was coming. And I'd much rather have Joe Cole playing with Gerrard and Masch behind him, leaving Aquilani on the bench. Play Aquilani and one of those players is dropped. And for an £18 million rated player - that's the last place you'd want to be. Aquilani came to Liverpool as a first eleven player. Not as an impact sub. Roy made the correct call in my view.

So if Gerrard picks up a knock what happens?

F***ing Masch and Lucas again? Or worse, Poulsen with either of them?
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #157: Aug 21, 2010 09:00:39 pm

Goes without saying. :roll:

Seriously, though. F***ing ridiculous. Someone else said it before that at the very least we're giving up strength in depth. Very upsetting bit of business. I was really looking forward to seeing him this season. Gonna have to watch Serie A now to do so. :(

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #158: Aug 21, 2010 10:31:08 pm
      Goes without saying. :roll:

Seriously, though. F***ing ridiculous. Someone else said it before that at the very least we're giving up strength in depth. Very upsetting bit of business. I was really looking forward to seeing him this season. Gonna have to watch Serie A now to do so. :(

Haha ;)

It is so frustrating though! Every season when we have fallen off the pace in the title race it has always been strength in depth that has fu**ed us over. Now this season when i was finally thinking that, although still not the strongest of squads, we looked to have a bit more quality on the bench - we F**k off one of our best options (IMO) because we can't offer enough F***ing game time. Yeah, in a perfect world he wouldn't get the time cos Gerrard and Cole will play every match - but that won't happen.

Still steaming over this.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #159: Aug 21, 2010 11:15:42 pm
      In the words of an American General in Bastone While surrounded by Germans with no hope at getting out alive, while asked to surrender he replied NUTS. And that is what this is F***ing NUTS
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #160: Aug 21, 2010 11:31:46 pm
      I might have had a few cans tonight but can some sane fcker please explain this one in simple english ,because this is one i truly dont understand .

Quick Reply