Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jack Wilshere of Arsenal

Read 20322 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Jack Wilshere of Arsenal
      Reply #46: Feb 23, 2011 07:07:55 pm
      Myth. For a  start they have spent 24 million on 3 centre halves in the last 12 months

Check what he spends on kids.  Ramsey and Walcott for example. Granted the just under 3 million spent on Van Persie looks a right bargain now. Nobdody says anything about Barce look at the youth they have brought through! Xavi Iniesta Messi Pique, Puyol all through the ranks there.

He has had no return trophy wise.Nice to watch etc but overhyped by sky and the like
      Not a myth. They spend 24 million on 3 center halves because they got 41 million in from Adebayor and Touré.
      Arsenal only spend about 40 million total more on incoming transfers than they've sold over the 2 past decades or so, that's like 2 million a year.
      Sure, they haven't won much lately, but in the meantime they build a new stadium which will be fully paid for after this season I believe.
      I think they'll be serious contenders with the new UEFA rules.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: Feb 23, 2011 07:12:09 pm
      Good talent, overhyped because he's English.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #48: Feb 24, 2011 02:59:37 pm
      Best player in the PL at the moment. Amazing first touch, awesome vision. Honestly I cannot believ how good he is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Feb 24, 2011 11:50:10 pm
      They're on the verge of dominating English football for many years. He's spend next to nothing. That might be his 1 downfall, when they need to spend they don't. I still think they should have spend more on a central defender last summer.

Dominate English football? He's been apparently building for the past half decade and failed to win a thing and now the only chance they have of winning something is when every other club is handicapped?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #50: Feb 25, 2011 12:00:45 am
      They're on the verge of dominating English football for many years.

And yet still won F**k all!

They haven't got the defence to dominate.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #51: Feb 25, 2011 12:07:40 am
      Dominating English football would go a lot better if you could protect a 4-goal lead.

They are good, but lets see how this season pans out first. They could F**k up and win nothing (though i can't see them losing to Birmingham)
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #52: Feb 25, 2011 12:10:55 am
      Name me a team who have a better squad then them? There best players are coming into their prime. They've paid of the stadium debt so they can spend more in the transfer market.

failed to win a thing and now the only chance they have of winning something is when every other club is handicapped?

Well Arsenal have been handicapped by having quarter a transfer budget then teams around them.

Ask me on Monday if they've won anything, I'm pretty sure they'll win on Sunday.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #53: Feb 25, 2011 12:11:57 am
      And yet still won f**k all!

They haven't got the defence to dominate.

Koscienly looks quite decent to be fair but agreed, no defence to dominate yet.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #54: Feb 25, 2011 01:01:47 am
      They have a squad of players which are hitting their peaks simultaneously, IMO. They haven't been dominating the English league but have been playing football the way I like it to be played.

Arsenal may not have won anything for 6 years (though this may end at the weekend) but I have to admit, I feel envious of my best Arsenal mates because at least Arsenal are always in the top four every season and usually go far in cup competitions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #55: Feb 25, 2011 02:09:13 am
      Name me a team who have a better squad then them?

Utd obviously!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #56: Feb 25, 2011 08:37:49 am
      Name me a team who have a better squad then them?

And yet still haven't won anything! Which proves my point. Wenger is overrated.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #57: Feb 25, 2011 10:04:44 am
      And yet still haven't won anything! Which proves my point. Wenger is overrated.

Wouldn't say that at all.

Won a league title in france with manaco, 3 league titles, runner up 5 times with Arsenal, as well as 4 FA cups - on a mid table like budget.

Runner up in the champions league, and also the UEFA cup

Arsenal play beautiful football, and have been unlucky not to win more IMO.

Lets also not forget they went a whole season without defeat - 49 in all!

Got great respect for Wenger personally.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #58: Feb 25, 2011 01:08:19 pm
      Not a myth. They spend 24 million on 3 center halves because they got 41 million in from Adebayor and Touré.
      Arsenal only spend about 40 million total more on incoming transfers than they've sold over the 2 past decades or so, that's like 2 million a year.
      Sure, they haven't won much lately, but in the meantime they build a new stadium which will be fully paid for after this season I believe.
      I think they'll be serious contenders with the new UEFA rules.

Of course it is. Theres a perception that Arsenal spend fook all. Quite wrong. Granted they sell and dont spend what they make in sales fully. Doesnt mean they are spending nothing.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #59: Feb 25, 2011 01:58:20 pm
      Of course it is. Theres a perception that Arsenal spend fook all. Quite wrong. Granted they sell and dont spend what they make in sales fully. Doesnt mean they are spending nothing.
      I disagree. The perception is that Arsenal's net transfer spending is much less than other big clubs, and that is true. Everybody knows players cost money, obviously they also have to pay money to get them in.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      Reply #60: Feb 25, 2011 02:53:35 pm
      I disagree. The perception is that Arsenal's net transfer spending is much less than other big clubs, and that is true. Everybody knows players cost money, obviously they also have to pay money to get them in.

I agree that we disagree  ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #61: Feb 25, 2011 04:16:19 pm

It means they are operating at a profit. Rafa (God love him) spent far more than Wenger.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      Reply #62: Feb 25, 2011 04:28:24 pm
      It means they are operating at a profit. Rafa (God love him) spent far more than Wenger.

Good for them. They havent won anything going back longer then us yet people have them on a pedestal. Didnt the sh*te operate at a profit as well until very recently (or still do?) nobody cares tho and they aint winning anything either.

Great business model no doubt, not that great a football model when ye go back to the no trophies bit thats all im saying.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #63: Feb 25, 2011 04:34:26 pm
      We're not doing to well either mate, and Arsenal are always in te champions league, challenging for the major trophies.

To finish in the top 4 on their net spend year upon year is a fantastic achievement.

Every other team around them has spent 100s of millions.

Arsenal are perfecty poised if and when these new regulations are put in place.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #64: Feb 25, 2011 05:14:47 pm
      Good for them. They havent won anything going back longer then us yet people have them on a pedestal. Didnt the sh*te operate at a profit as well until very recently (or still do?) nobody cares tho and they aint winning anything either.

Great business model no doubt, not that great a football model when ye go back to the no trophies bit thats all im saying.

Remember they have had little transfer funds because they've been paying for their stadium.

Let's see on Monday if they've won any trophies.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #65: Feb 25, 2011 06:21:03 pm
      Remember they have had little transfer funds because they've been paying for their stadium.

Let's see on Monday if they've won any trophies.

And if Birmingham beat them, lets see if we're still led to believe that Arsenal are the be all and end all of English football. Or maybe Wenger will tell us, for the sixth consecutive season "these kids will come good next year" and lets see how many soft cu*ts continue to swallow the kids argument.

By the way, all these major honours that Arsenal have fought for, can you remind what they are? Since they last won something in 2005, they've reached two League Cup finals (including this one) and European Cup final. Hardly reaching finals year on year are they or coming close in the Premiership.

We on the other hand, since they last won something in 2005 have won the FA Cup, reached a European Cup final and finished runners up in the League.

But yeah, lets convince ourselves that Arsenal are the high almighty they think they are.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #66: Feb 25, 2011 07:13:31 pm
      And if Birmingham beat them, lets see if we're still led to believe that Arsenal are the be all and end all of English football. Or maybe Wenger will tell us, for the sixth consecutive season "these kids will come good next year" and lets see how many soft cu*ts continue to swallow the kids argument.

By the way, all these major honours that Arsenal have fought for, can you remind what they are? Since they last won something in 2005, they've reached two League Cup finals (including this one) and European Cup final. Hardly reaching finals year on year are they or coming close in the Premiership.

We on the other hand, since they last won something in 2005 have won the FA Cup, reached a European Cup final and finished runners up in the League.

But yeah, lets convince ourselves that Arsenal are the high almighty they think they are.

Sigh.

I don't agree. Its all about the wording really isn't it. The fact is, I cannot remember the last time Arsenal failed to qualify for the Champions League. That is a great acheivement when operating on a mid table - lower table budget.

Hate the way we as fans can not just hand out praise when managers deserve it. It is most unbecoming.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #67: Feb 25, 2011 07:20:20 pm

And won the European Cup - Istanbul was after their FA Cup final ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      Reply #68: Feb 25, 2011 07:25:07 pm
      Nobody is denying they are a superp football team and that Wenger is a fine manager. My gripe if ye want to call it that is that its made out they spend little cash, they spend decent sums of money not relisting nams. Also we keep hearing there kids, they, Wilshere aside, have plenty of experience at this stage and still have had no return on it.

Quick Reply