Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jack Wilshere of Arsenal

Read 20323 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Jack Wilshere of Arsenal
      Reply #69: Feb 25, 2011 10:28:18 pm
      The academy produce footballers capable of becoming great, they are given every chance, some solid players have been bought at a youngish age and put into the squad.

I don't really buy the kids thing either, just have respect for his achievements which have been done on small(ish) sums of cash.

Hate Arsenal, hate Arsenal fans but I have time for Wenger.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #70: Feb 25, 2011 10:34:22 pm
      Hate the way we as fans can not just hand out praise when managers deserve it. It is most unbecoming.

Maybe because some of us have memories. What was it that cheeky French c**t said not long after Istanbul, even Millwall can get to cup finals.

He's a myopic and hypocritical tw*t and it's most unbecoming listening to Wenger moan about Arsenal being victimised every time one of his players get sent off.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #71: Feb 26, 2011 08:37:14 am
      Maybe because some of us have memories. What was it that cheeky French c**t said not long after Istanbul, even Millwall can get to cup finals.

He's a myopic and hypocritical tw*t and it's most unbecoming listening to Wenger moan about Arsenal being victimised every time one of his players get sent off.

Indeed, but just because he says stupid things doesn't mean hes over rated or whatever.

Maybe if he'd have given Liverpool full on praise 24/7, he would be the most under rated manager to live.

The sh*te he comes out with doesn't alter the fact he is a top class manager.

Anyway, am sick of talking about it, wish I'd have just said he was sh*te now   >:D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #72: Feb 26, 2011 05:31:44 pm
      Sigh.

I don't agree. Its all about the wording really isn't it. The fact is, I cannot remember the last time Arsenal failed to qualify for the Champions League. That is a great acheivement when operating on a mid table - lower table budget.

Hate the way we as fans can not just hand out praise when managers deserve it. It is most unbecoming.

So it's all about getting Champions League football that's important? Nah, football is about winning trophies and Arsenal haven't done that for years - they've failed to succeed. Same way we have the last few years.

As for Wenger, he's a F***ing tw*t of a person. He believes his own hype that he's some world beater. World beaters win trophies on a regular basis. I can give credit to managers who deserve it. If small clubs were doing what Arsenal have been, they'd probably get a lot more respect off me. But for a big club under a so called world manager to have won nothing for five or six years is a F***ing disgrace. No matter how you wanna dress it up.

He's too stubborn to go out and buy a proven centre half because he's so far up his own arse that he can work miracles on this tiny budget. The Arsenal board have admitted that money is available to spend, but Wenger being Wenger, doesn't wanna spend it because he might then get stick for still winning nothing despite spending a fair bit. Or when they win something we might hear about them spending big rather than Wenger's miracles.

He's an overrated manager and a complete c**t. But because of the football they play, nobody ever says sh*t about them. The entire side is based on arrogance, which comes from the top - manager and captain.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4978 
      Reply #73: Feb 26, 2011 10:54:28 pm
      So it's all about getting Champions League football that's important? Nah, football is about winning trophies and Arsenal haven't done that for years - they've failed to succeed. Same way we have the last few years.

As for Wenger, he's a f**king tw*t of a person. He believes his own hype that he's some world beater. World beaters win trophies on a regular basis. I can give credit to managers who deserve it. If small clubs were doing what Arsenal have been, they'd probably get a lot more respect off me. But for a big club under a so called world manager to have won nothing for five or six years is a f**king disgrace. No matter how you wanna dress it up.

He's too stubborn to go out and buy a proven centre half because he's so far up his own arse that he can work miracles on this tiny budget. The Arsenal board have admitted that money is available to spend, but Wenger being Wenger, doesn't wanna spend it because he might then get stick for still winning nothing despite spending a fair bit. Or when they win something we might hear about them spending big rather than Wenger's miracles.

He's an overrated manager and a complete c**t. But because of the football they play, nobody ever says sh*t about them. The entire side is based on arrogance, which comes from the top - manager and captain.

Totally agree mate and have said something similar before on the forum and found few agreeing with me.

Wenger seems happier to be the club accountant these days than actually concentrating on his proper job.

Pretty football is all well and good but football has always and will always be about winning trophies.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #74: Feb 26, 2011 11:07:49 pm
      Totally agree mate and have said something similar before on the forum and found few agreeing with me.

Wenger seems happier to be the club accountant these days than actually concentrating on his proper job.

Pretty football is all well and good but football has always and will always be about winning trophies.

I've never liked Wenger.

He's come out in the past saying things about us and the forum has gone into Arsene Wenger Love overload. People seem to forget what a c**t he is when he's said the odd decent thing about us.

Just can't stand him. The F***ing "I didn't see it" routine has worn thin. The "kids" who are in their mid 20s has worn thin. The "I've got no money although I have I just won't spend it and swallow a bit of pride" grinds the F**k out of me.

But come this time tomorrow if they've won the League Cup we'll be hearing once more about him being the greatest manager from abroad ever to step foot in the Premiership. And how he's up there as one of the all time greats.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4978 
      Reply #75: Feb 26, 2011 11:23:22 pm
      The "kids" who are in their mid 20s has worn thin. The "I've got no money although I have I just won't spend it and swallow a bit of pride" grinds the f**k out of me.

It's almost as if he is afraid to spend big and is happier to use his 'kids' as if he gets a big signing wrong then he is more open to criticism.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #76: Feb 26, 2011 11:33:15 pm
      It's almost as if he is afraid to spend big and is happier to use his 'kids' as if he gets a big signing wrong then he is more open to criticism.

His record with big transfers isn't that great. Reyes, Eduardo, Wiltord. Maybe that's why he does stick with signing relatively unknowns :laugh:
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #77: Feb 26, 2011 11:35:56 pm
      How did this turn into a Wenger thread ?

Look forward to seein Jack bossin the midfield in the final tomorrow ;-)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #78: Feb 27, 2011 05:57:54 pm
      Let's see on Monday if they've won any trophies.

Nope stil haven't won a trophy in six years!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #79: Feb 27, 2011 06:42:43 pm
      Crying baby
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #80: Feb 28, 2011 11:08:19 am

As for Wenger, he's a F***ing tw*t of a person. He believes his own hype that he's some world beater. World beaters win trophies on a regular basis. I can give credit to managers who deserve it. If small clubs were doing what Arsenal have been, they'd probably get a lot more respect off me. But for a big club under a so called world manager to have won nothing for five or six years is a F***ing disgrace. No matter how you wanna dress it up.

Eh? They may be an arrogantt side, but the "entire side is based on arrogance" comment doesn't even make sense. I think their side is based on keepeing possession of the football rather than arrogance.

I'd give anything to see Liverpool go back to being comfortable in possession. At the moment we have players in the squad who see the ball as an inconvenience.

By the way Wenger spent £9M on Konscielny and £4M on Squilacci, not to mention £10M on Vermaelen. Hardly " too stubborn to go out and buy a proven centre half because he's so far up his own arse that he can work miracles on this tiny budget."

Also we haven't won anything for 5 years, and I don't see that as a 'F***ing disgrace'.  
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #81: Feb 28, 2011 03:30:26 pm
      Also we haven't won anything for 5 years, and I don't see that as a 'F***ing disgrace'. 

But one of our managers was hounded out by the press and in part some of our own fans for exactly those reasons. But I like the way some Liverpool fans feel the need to defend a manager who means F**k all to us!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #82: Feb 28, 2011 08:04:06 pm
      Eh? They may be an arrogantt side, but the "entire side is based on arrogance" comment doesn't even make sense. I think their side is based on keepeing possession of the football rather than arrogance.

I'd give anything to see Liverpool go back to being comfortable in possession. At the moment we have players in the squad who see the ball as an inconvenience.

By the way Wenger spent £9M on Konscielny and £4M on Squilacci, not to mention £10M on Vermaelen. Hardly " too stubborn to go out and buy a proven centre half because he's so far up his own arse that he can work miracles on this tiny budget."

Their side is based on arrogance, if you don't believe that then fair enough.

And those three centre halves were proven at which Premiership clubs? He's too stubborn to go out and buy a proven defender. Cahill, Jagielka, Dunne even our very own Danny Agger would all of been better buys in the summer but of course Wenger is too stubborn and up his own arse to buy one of those players.

And we haven't won anything for five years, and personally I do find it a disgrace that we haven't. Big clubs are meant to win trophies.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #83: Feb 28, 2011 10:39:31 pm
      Their side is based on arrogance, if you don't believe that then fair enough.

And those three centre halves were proven at which Premiership clubs? He's too stubborn to go out and buy a proven defender. Cahill, Jagielka, Dunne even our very own Danny Agger would all of been better buys in the summer but of course Wenger is too stubborn and up his own arse to buy one of those players.

Neither were Sami, Agger, Soto, Skrtel, Wilson etc etc... I actually can't remember the last CB we bought from a premier league side.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #84: Feb 28, 2011 10:42:26 pm
      Think Vermaelen is a solid defender, very unlucky with his injury this season, wasn't injury prone before at Ajax.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4978 
      Reply #85: Feb 28, 2011 11:00:55 pm
      Also we haven't won anything for 5 years, and I don't see that as a 'f**king disgrace'. 

Disgrace might be a strong word for it mate but it's still not acceptable. We play football matches to win trophies. Simple as.

Also I'm amazed by the Arsenal love in by many on here. I just don't get the praise Arsene Wenger gets for basically faling in his job as manager of that club.

I've said it before and will say it again he is one of the luckiest managers currently working to get such an easy time from both the press and his own club.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #86: Feb 28, 2011 11:22:24 pm
      Failing by our standards when it comes to trophies sure, but perhaps not by their club's standards. Think their main goal the past few years probably has been building and paying off their new stadium and to invest into the future while trying to compete the best as they can without getting themselfs into any debt. Look at the teams they've been competing with. Chelsea has a sugar daddy who is spending way more than their income can handle, Arsenal can't compete with that. Man U has a much larger fanbase and is in serious debt aswell. The only way for Arsenal to compete with all that is to get into debt aswell. Or, they invest in youth and build a new stadium to ensure more future income. And I can't stand Wenger either, but I think Arsenal's financial policy has been very smart. If we would've ran a similar policy as them, with our bigger fanbase and income, we would be alot stronger than Arsenal right now and competing for the title every year while having no debt at all. But, that's just my opinion.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #87: Mar 01, 2011 04:57:19 am
      But one of our managers was hounded out by the press and in part some of our own fans for exactly those reasons. But I like the way some Liverpool fans feel the need to defend a manager who means F**k all to us!!

Thats why it is in the general football section. The whole section means F**k all to us other than to talk about outside football stuff.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #88: Mar 01, 2011 12:51:39 pm
      Neither were Sami, Agger, Soto, Skrtel, Wilson etc etc... I actually can't remember the last CB we bought from a premier league side.

Henchoz, though he may of been bought from Blackburn when they were in the old division 1. But Sami had Carra/Henchoz beside him who knew the English game. As have the others you mentioned, they were partnered with players who knew this country.

Arsenal's don't and Wenger needs to sign the Gunners a proven Premiership centre half if he's to stand any chance of winning things. A decent kkeeper wouldn't go a miss either. And maybe a central midfielder who can win the ball, but then we might not hear the press w*nk over Arsenal's great fluent football if they had somebody in the mould of Didi Hamann protecting the back four.

That's why he won't sign a good old fasioned British centre half because he's that arrogant about his beautiful football that he won't change it for success.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #89: Mar 01, 2011 12:58:05 pm
      So is this the Unofficial Arsenal Thread then...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #90: Mar 01, 2011 01:00:47 pm
      Wenger may not have won a trophy since 2005 but I still think he's a good manager and is good at developing young players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #91: Mar 02, 2011 12:34:52 am
      What's this sh*te about Arsenal's superb youth system? Last time i checked, not one player in the first team started at Arsenal.

Every single player has been poached from another club while the youth who started at the club is out on loan. You know, Afobe, Emmanuel-Thomas, Hoyte to name a few all plying their trade in the Championship at best.

No club has a superb youth system except Barcelona. What Arsene has done is poach youngsters from other clubs and develop them.

And he goes on about how they are growing together and they need time to mature - most of the young players in the squad (who are actually around 23 on average) have been together since 2005/06.

Arsene is an overrated, arrogant, ignorant, condescending tw*t and for what?

Quick Reply