Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Hull 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 30715 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Re: Hull 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat
      Reply #322: May 09, 2010 07:09:56 pm
      Just got home now so had the pleasure of listening on the radio. 

Aldridge gave Lucas man of the match - it actually seemed like it sparked to a bit of life in the final 10 minutes.  Jack Robinson? Never heard of the lad.  Not sure if Rafa was trying to highlight a point bringing him on.

At full time it switched over to Everton who scored a winner in the last minute.

A win for us would have saved our pre-season preparations a further two weeks. 

Enormous disappointment this season.  Enormous.  Getting 23 points less than a fantastic league campaign last season is simply baffling.

Anyway, thank F**k it's over.  But now, we've got a horrible summer coming up I'm afraid.
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Re: LIVE: Hull vs Liverpool
      Reply #323: May 09, 2010 07:10:11 pm
      I don't know if our players even knows that we could still get 6th place during the match. They look as though they are in Hawaii enjoying the beach.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #324: May 09, 2010 07:12:58 pm
      Tbh its the kind of result i expected today, not much going on out there at all unfortunately. Its been a long disappointment of a season but we have got to carry on and restore our position in the league which given a few quality additions in the riht places i have no doubt we will.
      Right thats that then.. can we please have our beloved club sorted out and in the hands of owners who have a genuine clue how to run a football club..quickly please.YNWA EVER. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #325: May 09, 2010 07:13:07 pm
      Taking this result to heart, many of you.

I personally don't mind a lot. I think there are places we'd all (players, staff, fans) rather be than watching/playing football for Liverpool given the past season.

Was lethargic, lacked any sort of anything which was pretty much expected. Gave run outs to Pacheco, Ngog and gave Robinson his first appearance as a 16 year old.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #326: May 09, 2010 07:13:38 pm
      Oh just get fu**ed you bunch of cu*ts. Do my F***ing head in.

Whoever negged, I really don't give one.

Time after time I log in to look in the post-match threads - have a read and have a nice discussion. But no. It's full of F***ing sh*t from clueless idiots.

No point in having a decent discussion 'cause it gets lost amongst annoying posts in their tens.

I hope we lose many fans after this season. I really do. Wind and wind and wind.
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #327: May 09, 2010 07:14:16 pm
      Oh just get fu**ed you bunch of cu*ts. Do my f**king head in.

who was that for? To those who dare to question rafa?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #328: May 09, 2010 07:15:22 pm
      To follow up on a point. . . It could very well be that Robinson was used to make a point. I would point out that he has trained with the first team this year. . In saying that we could have used Ince instead. . Not to mention the reserves. I am always happy to see the youth team progress though.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #329: May 09, 2010 07:16:12 pm
      Enormous disappointment this season.  Enormous.  Getting 23 points less than a fantastic league campaign last season is simply baffling.

This quite an understatement! I think everyone are entitled to swear today.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #330: May 09, 2010 07:16:28 pm
      who was that for? To those who dare to question rafa?

No. For those who come out with pointless statements. For those who live in negativity. For those that all season have spoiled any kind of possible enjoyment for other fans. There's been many a time where we've won and played well and still we've had it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #331: May 09, 2010 07:17:15 pm
      I challenge anyone to defend that result today.  Tell me how Rafa is not responsible?

What about the 11 on the pitch? When a result goes bad it's equal blame, just as when you win. Don't start slinging sh*t at Rafa just cos you hate him and are in a bad mood. We are all feeling it, so just calm down. I know you are just looking for someone to fight with about this.

It was last game. Many of the players were already on holidays, basically. Don't get that wound up.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #332: May 09, 2010 07:17:29 pm
      I'd like to say that the season is over, though we all know that it is all just beginning. This is going to be the biggest summer in the history of Liverpool Football Club, we all sit with baited breath, wondering if there is a knight in shining armour waiting for the right moment to strike and save us.

This is just it, what is around the corner for us?  Although I couldn't wait for the season to end, I'm so nervous about what tomorrow will bring.  Please stay Rafa, Torres and Stevie, we need you.  Please F**k off H&G asap.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #333: May 09, 2010 07:18:10 pm
      Thank F**k the season's over.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #334: May 09, 2010 07:18:30 pm
      To follow up on a point. . . It could very well be that Robinson was used to make a point. I would point out that he has trained with the first team this year. . In saying that we could have used Ince instead. . Not to mention the reserves. I am always happy to see the youth team progress though.

Maybe Rafa is showing intention by play a less well know youth player to point out the fact that he is developing youth and is going to stay.

I dont know though, its always hard to tell but I said before the game I would like to see some youth players get a run out, I just expected us to do a little better. Still dont know what Pacheco has to do to get a proper chance in the first team.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #335: May 09, 2010 07:19:23 pm
      I actually felt Pacheco offered more in 17 minutes than El Zhar throughout the whole game. El Zhar should have made a run to Stevie's right at one point but decided to stay behind which Stevie tried to back heel and lost it.

Stevie looked lively in the last 5 minutes though.

Leoshavi
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -1 
      Reply #336: May 09, 2010 07:19:35 pm
      ahhhhh - it's over
      AmericanRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #337: May 09, 2010 07:20:53 pm
      I challenge anyone to defend that result today.  Tell me how Rafa is not responsible?

I will defend it,there was nothing to play for, the season was over and it had a pre-season friendly feel to it. WC on the mind of some players, after what happened to Garry Barry players would have been a little mindful...it is only natural though as fans we cannot fully understand it but we must accept it

We have to be realistic and note that we are lacking in a quality lead striker when Torres is not on the field; we have learnt this lesson this term, next term Rafa  will put in place measures to prevent the same frustrations. Watch Rafa's movements in the draft window

We are all frustrated but to resonate Rafa's philosophy; it is important to play  with the mind as well as passion.

Rafa will come back with a BETTER team next season, let us get behind him

As for ElZhar...I felt it was a farewell appearance.

Masch as a RB...well we did not need two DCMs against Hull  today and we were short in the RB area, plus Lucas has been excellent of late so it  only makes sense to utilize Lucas as it sends the correct message to the squad; you perform you play!

Look at the positives:
       Aquilani looks certain to light up Anfield next season, he seems to be getting stronger and adjusted to the hussle of the EPL.

Torreswill be back next season

Gerrard will be better next season

plus NEW SIGNINGS!!!!
      djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #338: May 09, 2010 07:21:41 pm
      What about the 11 on the pitch? When a result goes bad it's equal blame, just as when you win. Don't start slinging sh*t at Rafa just cos you hate him and are in a bad mood. We are all feeling it, so just calm down. I know you are just looking for someone to fight with about this.

It was last game. Many of the players were already on holidays, basically. Don't get that wound up.

Oh I see.  Players fault.

What exactly does Rafa get paid for?  I assumed it was for motivating the players... dang, my mistake.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #339: May 09, 2010 07:23:17 pm
      It's almost as if some people have been wanting us to do badly all season so they can say 'told you so' about our manager.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #340: May 09, 2010 07:23:37 pm
      Oh I see.  Players fault.

What exactly does Rafa get paid for?  I assumed it was for motivating the players... dang, my mistake.

Players aren't paid enough to motivate themselves?
      djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #341: May 09, 2010 07:24:04 pm
      I will defend it,there was nothing to play for, the season was over and it had a pre-season friendly feel to it.

I see.  No-one told the players then that they should play with PRIDE?  - and go for 6th place...
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #342: May 09, 2010 07:24:29 pm
      From BBC Sport, Rafa:

"We had a meeting last week which was positive. We will have another meeting on Wednesday next week. It is very clear what my situation is with the club. I have four years remaining on my contract and I have made a strong commitment to the club. I am really pleased to have been here for a long time and hopefully I can stay here is the conditions are right."
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #343: May 09, 2010 07:24:40 pm
      To be honest the only plus to come from this season is that it will probably see some so called "fans" F**k off to support chelsea or whoever else is on top right now.

We all want the same thing as reds here, but some people are far too impatient. They want it now, or they want Rafa gone.

For me the bottom line is, no matter what you think about Rafa, he's done as good as any other manager could have done in his situation, so i'd think twice about getting rid of him.

Over the past 10 years, we've seriously overachieved. This season, we've underachieved slightly. Looking at money spent there's no reason why we should be where Chelsea are right now.

So until that changes, we'll continue to battle for 4th place rather than for 1st.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #344: May 09, 2010 07:24:48 pm
      It's almost as if some people have been wanting us to do badly all season so they can say 'told you so' about our manager.

Yep. :-\

Quick Reply