Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Thomas Ince (Chelsea)

Read 4817 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Thomas Ince (Chelsea)
      Reply #23: Apr 29, 2010 04:04:28 pm
      and so will Chelsea if they get Ince (which they probably won't)
      Peoples objection on this forum is the mere thought that Chelsea would be bold enough to take one of our top youngsters - I'm just making the point that if we can do it to Barcelona of all teams, then we can't get too high and mighty if someone tries to do it to us

It is a completely different situation. Hasn't Ince got a professional contract? Chelsea have broken these rules before, so some fans are bound to be suspicious. I wouldn't be complaining that Chelsea have tapped him up if they get him,  I'll just be disappointed that he wanted to leave us.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #24: Apr 29, 2010 04:06:13 pm
      It is a completely different situation. Hasn't Ince got a professional contract? Chelsea have broken these rules before, so some fans are bound to be suspicious. I wouldn't be complaining that Chelsea have tapped him up if they get him,  I'll just be disappointed that he wanted to leave us.

He's probably got a better chance of playing for Chelsea than us ATM
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Apr 29, 2010 04:33:20 pm
      Tell that to Glen Johnson. Ince has a great chance here
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #26: Apr 29, 2010 05:45:51 pm
      He got 2 against Leeds today. How in gods name Henrik has he got more chance of breaking through at Chelsea than here surely your only messing.

Unless rich investors from the middle east buy us and give the manager similar money to what City owners give there manager.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 29, 2010 06:12:07 pm
      He got 2 against Leeds today. How in gods name Henrik has he got more chance of breaking through at Chelsea than here surely your only messing.

Chelsea are really big on getting their youth system working (not that we're not) - but I think Abramovich has made big moves on making the club self-sufficient, and a key feature of this will inevitably be youth getting a chance at Chelsea.
      For me, as much as I like Rafa, bringing through youth is not his 'forte' (for-tay), and he will always prefer a Rieira/Maxi/Yossi to taking a punt on a youngster
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Apr 29, 2010 06:14:36 pm
      Chelsea are really big on getting their youth system working (not that we're not) - but I think Abramovich has made big moves on making the club self-sufficient, and a key feature of this will inevitably be youth getting a chance at Chelsea.
      For me, as much as I like Rafa, bringing through youth is not his 'forte' (for-tay), and he will always prefer a Rieira/Maxi/Yossi to taking a punt on a youngster

Here we go same old Rafa doesn't trust youth nonsense.
      We are eleven months into Rafa having total football control. Rafa will bring these guys into the first team. We have seen glimpses of that this year and now that he has his men running the system we will see more strides towards our first team being brought largely through the youth system so that they fit in with Rafa's ethos
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 29, 2010 06:18:57 pm
      Here we go same old Rafa doesn't trust youth nonsense.
      We are eleven months into Rafa having total football control. Rafa will bring these guys into the first team. We have seen glimpses of that this year and now that he has his men running the system we will see more strides towards our first team being brought largely through the youth system so that they fit in with Rafa's ethos

Who exactly controlled the youth system before this season?
      Rafa is a cautious manager, and part of this caution manifests in him being hesitant to take a risk with an inexperienced player.
      I don't particuarly hold that against him, it's just his style - that's why I'm amazed when we are able to recruit the likes of Sterling and Chelvey, they must have huge egos to think they can crack this 1st team - but here's hoping
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Apr 29, 2010 06:23:28 pm
      Ambramovoich has spent massive money buying young players not on his youth system where is the evidence that he has a better chance at Chelsea. Where are the young players coming through at Chelsea.

This season whether you agree with it our not Pacheco, Ayala, Ngog, Insua, Spearing, Kelly have all played first team football.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: Apr 29, 2010 06:23:48 pm
      Who exactly controlled the youth system before this season?
      Rafa is a cautious manager, and part of this caution manifests in him being hesitant to take a risk with an inexperienced player.
      I don't particuarly hold that against him, it's just his style - that's why I'm amazed when we are able to recruit the likes of Sterling and Chelvey, they must have huge egos to think they can crack this 1st team - but here's hoping

Only shows your lack of knowledge of our new youth system philosophy. Which is driven by Rafa and involves some of the best youth development people in the business
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #32: Apr 29, 2010 06:28:28 pm
      Only shows your lack of knowledge of our new youth system philosophy. Which is driven by Rafa and involves some of the best youth development people in the business

I'm well aware of it but where was it 5 years ago?
      What I'm getting at is Rafa has always had a youth system over which he had a big influence - just didn't top his priority list, which is fair enough - but if I where a young up and coming player I wouldn't go near our youth set-up ATM - look at James McArthy at Wigan. He is playing every week in the toughest league in the world and being linked with Arsenal - where would he be if he joined us a couple of years ago?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Apr 29, 2010 06:33:04 pm
      On topic, peeps.

Tom Ince.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #34: Apr 29, 2010 06:35:50 pm
      Tough luck Chelsea, can have Riera if you want?

:D That's exactly what i thought when i seen it!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2862 
      Reply #35: Apr 29, 2010 07:16:18 pm
      This lad will be boss in the future.

It's plain to see we're shaping the future around homegrown lads such as Ince, Sterling, Shelvey, Kelly etc.

He's not going anywhere.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: May 02, 2010 04:27:30 am
      So is it safe to assume that the two football icon programmes they ran were nothing but publicity stunts
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #37: May 04, 2010 11:57:56 pm
      Why not give him a chance if he's good enough. Ngog was given a chance at 19, again, and again, and again, and again, and he's still crap. On the strength of that, Incey wouldn't be a gamble, he'd be a revelation.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #38: May 05, 2010 08:58:00 pm
      Wankers
      ynwa09
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #39: May 09, 2010 01:57:02 pm
      I watch quite a few of the games on lfc.tv

Tom ince does look very good to me and with abit of grooming a very good prospect for the future.We should not sell these types of players.I mean look at gerrard and carra..who knows they may even be as good..! F**k chelski and the rest why should we do the hard bit and let others cash in on them..!
      AmericanRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #40: May 09, 2010 09:33:25 pm
      Why would Thomas want to go to Chelsea in any case???

His father played for LFC so he will have an emotional attachment to LFC

He is settled here in Liverpool

Chelsea is a difficult  place for any rookie never mind an ENGLISH youngster

LFC have the relevant experiance and pedigree to guide Thomas to stardom
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #41: May 11, 2010 06:45:10 am
      I for one would not like to see young Tom Ince leave the club and I don't think his dad would like to see him go,Paul is quite happy with the situation at Liverpool and knows all to well that Liverpool is the best place for young Tom and knows that the club will bring him through when the time is right,more than likely to see Tom feature Pre season with a few other youngsters and possibly a start off the bench at some point in the coming season.The break through will be hard but like most clubs you have to grab it when you can,all I can say is keep hold of him and Tom you will get your chance you have what it takes to be a Liverpool star.

Quick Reply