Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Jack Robinson (Liverpool -> QPR)

Read 58170 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Jack Robinson Player Thread
      Reply #138: Jan 27, 2013 06:13:31 pm
      Love the fact he told Suarez to F**k off. Some nerve.

Dire.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #139: Jan 27, 2013 06:19:51 pm
      Love the fact he told Suarez to f**k off. Some nerve.

Dire.

Bang out of order saying that to his captain. He was rightly bolloked for wastingthe ball like he did.

Needs to taken down a peg or 2 by the look of it
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #140: Jan 27, 2013 06:21:19 pm
      Hopefully back to reality for Robbo. Massive jump playing u21 to playing for the first team. Time to learn.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #141: Jan 27, 2013 06:21:53 pm
      Bang out of order saying that to his captain. He was rightly bolloked for wastingthe ball like he did.

Didn't like that at all. Wasted that chance and got a rightful bollocking.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #142: Jan 27, 2013 06:33:54 pm
      Has a lot to learn judging by today's performance.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #143: Jan 27, 2013 06:41:41 pm
      Been a big fan of this lad for a while and wondered why he hasn't been playing. Well today he showed why he hasn't been playing. Unfortunately one of the worst left back performances I've seen in a long, long time and considering the history we have in that position that's quite a statement.

Proper smack of reality for the lad this game and I'm hoping the "F**k off" to Suarez near the end of the match was purely out of frustration because that is never acceptable and should apologise when he calms down.

Get your head down lad, accept you've got a long way to go and use this performance as a reference to understand when Brendan doesn't give you time he's right rather than any moaning because this is a massive fall in potential from my perspective. The way you bounce back from a performance like this can shape your career and I hope he doesn't go the wrong way after that.

Like someone said in the match thread there's no point being overly harsh on Robinson because he is such a young lad, needs an arm around him and some encouragement because he's just felt his career go down the pan there.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #144: Jan 27, 2013 06:44:45 pm
      No wonder he doesnt come in while Jose is injured, has gone backwards IMO, dont see much of a future for him here.
      Hiroyuki Ishii
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #145: Jan 27, 2013 07:12:59 pm
      Robbo was too aggressive, couldn't control anger. showed coupled of good runs and great pass for Borini, shows great potential. but I'm afraid he is not coming back to the first team pitch by saying f**k off and poor defense.
      tonights game was played in left side of pitch, so displayed as much mistakes imo.
      Hope he stays here.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #146: Jan 27, 2013 07:55:10 pm

Totally agree Brian. It doesn't matter who you are or what status you have in the team - you never EVER tell one of your own players to f**k off and generally you should never ever conduct that sort of verbal abuse on a football field. That's most disappointing from Robinson.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #147: Jan 27, 2013 08:07:39 pm
      Been a big fan of this lad for a while and wondered why he hasn't been playing. Well today he showed why he hasn't been playing. Unfortunately one of the worst left back performances I've seen in a long, long time and considering the history we have in that position that's quite a statement.

Agree.

Positioning poor and defensive attributes terrible.

Think this may have been his last chance to impress.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #148: Jan 27, 2013 09:25:35 pm
      Very poor performance today from the lad.

Telling Suarez to 'F**k off' won't do him any favours either.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #149: Jan 27, 2013 10:00:24 pm
      The only time I've ever seen him put in a real poor performance in a Red shirt, every other time he's been called upon he's delivered for Liverpool Football Club.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #150: Jan 27, 2013 10:17:43 pm
      Very poor performance today from the lad.

Telling Suarez to 'f**k off' won't do him any favours either.

Spot on mate.

A glorious chance missed by a kid when the Captain on the night and our best player was waiting for a simple pass that would most likely have been converted.

Who the F**k does he think he is yelling at Suarez. Have some F***ing respect young lad!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #151: Jan 27, 2013 10:23:59 pm
      Spot on mate.

A glorious chance missed by a kid when the Captain on the night and our best player was waiting for a simple pass that would most likely have been converted.

Who the F**k does he think he is yelling at Suarez. Have some F***ing respect young lad!

Or maybe Suarez could of shown some leadership and at least applauded Robbo for getting into the position. Did anyone give Suarez a bollocking when he got to the byline and attempted to score with the outside of his foot rather than pulling it back? No because it's Suarez.

If Suarez is allowed to give Robbo a bollocking, then Robbo is allowed to give some back.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      Reply #152: Jan 27, 2013 10:33:42 pm
      Or maybe Suarez could of shown some leadership and at least applauded Robbo for getting into the position. Did anyone give Suarez a bollocking when he got to the byline and attempted to score with the outside of his foot rather than pulling it back? No because it's Suarez.

If Suarez is allowed to give Robbo a bollocking, then Robbo is allowed to give some back.

Robbo can do whatever the F**k he likes mate, was telling him to have some respect. Look at what Suarez has done and will do for this club as opposed to someone who will probably be loaned out in the next 3 or so days.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #153: Jan 27, 2013 10:42:14 pm
      Robbo can do whatever the F**k he likes mate, was telling him to have some respect. Look at what Suarez has done and will do for this club as opposed to someone who will probably be loaned out in the next 3 or so days.

And somebody who has done all that should be encouraging his team mates not giving them a bollocking, especially when we're struggling like we were today. Also, Suarez' performance today wasn't exactly one to look back on fondly either. It was one of his worst performances in a Red shirt.

I've no problem with Robinson showing that he's got the balls to stand up for himself.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      Reply #154: Jan 27, 2013 10:52:27 pm
      And somebody who has done all that should be encouraging his team mates not giving them a bollocking, especially when we're struggling like we were today. Also, Suarez' performance today wasn't exactly one to look back on fondly either. It was one of his worst performances in a Red shirt.

I've no problem with Robinson showing that he's got the balls to stand up for himself.

Encouraging him...come on DLS, he had 90 minutes to get up that wing and that was the first time he did it all match. Then he has a chance to cross to Suarez in the box but he decided to take the difficult angled shot for himself and put it in Row Z, when  the percentage and team thing to do was to put it into Suarez feet and let Luis work his magic.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #155: Jan 27, 2013 11:01:05 pm
      Encouraging him...come on DLS, he had 90 minutes to get up that wing and that was the first time he did it all match. Then he has a chance to cross to Suarez in the box but he decided to take the difficult angled shot for himself and put it in Row Z, when  the percentage and team thing to do was to put it into Suarez feet and let Luis work his magic.

No it weren't mate.

Robinson got up the left wing a fair bit because Borini was always cutting in and leaving some space for him to get up to. I think it may of been Robbo who put the ball in to Broini who fu**ed up that chance in the opening few minutes of the second half. And yeah Robinson fu**ed up the chance, then again he'd earned the right to take that shot on by getting into the space and bringing the ball down. Was Shelvey given a bollocking for that thirty yard effort or Gerrard for his one that hit the bar? Nah they weren't. Was Suarez bollocked for his sub-par performance? No he wasn't.

Luis' magic? Well it weren't there for 90 minutes - even his goal was a ricochet off an Oldham defender and sh*t goalkeeping. Did he have another shot?

Robinson was well within his right to take on that shot and was well within his right to give some jib back to Suarez.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #156: Jan 27, 2013 11:07:13 pm
      Was Shelvey given a bollocking for that thirty yard effort or Gerrard for his one that hit the bar? Nah they weren't.

They were actually good efforts though. Gerrard's in particular. And were actually in the direction of the goal.

Was Suarez bollocked for his sub-par performance? No he wasn't.

Luis' magic? Well it weren't there for 90 minutes - even his goal was a ricochet off an Oldham defender and sh*t goalkeeping. Did he have another shot?

Yeah of course he had other shots. Check the number of times he won corners. He also set teammates up quite a bit, so to say Suarez had some kind of god awful game is odd. It wasn't his usual best, but it was still one of the better performances.

I didn't really have a problem with Robinson shooting, but at the very least put it on target and force a save.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      Reply #157: Jan 27, 2013 11:20:08 pm
      Mate we're gonna disagree on this no matter what.

Why would Gerrard be bollocked for the shot that hit the crossbar  ???

Shelvey was given a F***ing bollocking by me mate, don't know what was said on the pitch as I was too busy trying to hold back the remote I was contemplating throwing at the tv.

Suarez wouldn't get bollocked mate, when he's been our superstar all year. He's capable of the amazing, might not always come off but you know that more than any other player on our roster, Suarez is the man most likely to get the impossible done.

Yeah Robbo did have a right to take that shot, I agree but I said the better thing to do was to pass to Luis. Wish he had off, might not be debating this right now and I could get back to my form guide  ;) and more importantly, we might be having a replay at Anfield.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #158: Jan 28, 2013 06:53:00 am
      Last night Robinson played better than the game against Mansfield. For the situation it's depend on how we think. His decision to shoot can be positive as it's the lad's effort to help his team just the result not go right. yes he should better pass to teammate but don't forget he's still a young lad. And the 'F**k off' also show the lad's frustration and his passion, also we don't know what kind of words Suarez scream at him at the first hand. Anyway some apology from Robbo will be nice.

I will be disappointed if the lad will get less chance because this situation. But saying that I don't think his abilities are enough for now, he has to develop, and much much improve need for his future as I see nothing in him so far as I said after Mansfield game and I mentioned in transfer thread that we need a proven experience full back this window.
      redno7
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | 21 
      Reply #159: Jan 28, 2013 09:26:49 am
      Poor. very very poor.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #160: Jan 28, 2013 10:26:51 am
      Glad it's been mentioned here about the "F**k Off" to Suarez.

The sheer cheek of saying that to your captain, one of the worlds best players.

Extremely disappointed in him.

Quick Reply