Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Steven Gerrard (host of clubs)

Read 19094 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Steven Gerrard (host of clubs)
      Reply #207: Jul 06, 2010 08:05:36 pm
      I've heard on the grape vine that grapes makes wine and Gerrard drinks wine and shags Alex up the bum as she looks Nando from behind and for that reason he's staying. ;D

Well with all the arse licking you've been doing to get your pos you will be well in there my mate  :lmao:  :f_whistle:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #208: Jul 06, 2010 08:12:50 pm
      Well with all the arse licking you've been doing to get your plusses

I sell my arse, not lick them mate.

I'm trying to take all the speculation and rumours with a pinch of salt until something concrete happens one way or the other Keith.

Be disappointed to see Gerrard leave as I have been with many players in the past but no player is bigger than LFC and if the money  is re-invested in the squad, I won't have too many qualms as he's been a great servant to the club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #209: Jul 06, 2010 08:19:11 pm
      I sell my arse, not lick them mate.

I'm trying to take all the speculation and rumours with a pinch of salt until something concrete happens one way or the other Keith.

Be disappointed to see Gerrard leave as I have been with many players in the past but no player is bigger than LFC and if the money  is re-invested in the squad, I won't have too many qualms as he's been a great servant to the club.

I think most supporters will be sad to see him go (( if he does )) I remember when we lost Becks  :-\ Its hard to swallow, but like you and whisky nose say! (( you've got a lot in common  :lmao: )) no one is bigger than the club.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #210: Jul 06, 2010 08:27:33 pm
      tezmac

I take it you gave me a neg just cos you don't trust me in what I'm saying?. Not a valid reason but that's life. When you find out I'm right I take it you will give me my positive back!
      No not me i don't bother with that your entitled to your view i just don't have to agree
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #211: Jul 06, 2010 08:32:47 pm
      No not me I don't bother with that your entitled to your view I just don't have to agree

My apologies if it wasn't you. its so easy putting two & two together at times.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #212: Jul 06, 2010 09:18:20 pm

No english players have ever gone to Madrid and had anywhere near the success that they had in England.

Based on that I don't think Gerrard will ever leave.

What about Steve Macmanaman?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #213: Jul 06, 2010 11:55:54 pm
      ^^^

Good shout.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #214: Jul 07, 2010 12:12:28 pm
      Jonathon Woodgate..

Im kidding his debut was Hilarious, Score and Own Goal, Get red carded...

What a debut for one of the most well known clubs in the world.

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #215: Jul 07, 2010 05:57:06 pm

I always thought he was a better player in a red shirt.
      Real Madrid treat their english players like lesser players anyway.

And even if Macca did have a better time at Madrid, that's 1 in 100. It hardly ever happens.
      Plus as long as this Barca team sticks together, no Real Madrid player will win any trophies.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #216: Jul 07, 2010 07:06:05 pm
      Granted that he was great when he was playing with us - but I didnt see too much of him in Madrid to comment.

Also - Liniker did ok at Barca didnt he?

Stevie will proabbly go - IMO. There's so much trash going about, he gets kicked all over the place in the prem and the style of football in Spain will add 2 years to his game. Also with alonso and jose (both massive fans of his) at the club he will get games. I dont blame the guy to be honest - I would proabbly go too.

Also on a positive a few years playing abroad will teach him a lot about the europian game - valuable when he becomes our manager in 10 years.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #217: Jul 07, 2010 07:14:07 pm
      It's a major concern that he's been back from the World Cup for days, made comment in the press about not quitting England but nothing about his intentions with regards the club.

The quote about Hodgson being the right man etc was carefully worded by Stevie and as far as Im concerned...he's gone...without question!!

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #218: Jul 08, 2010 09:57:53 am

Also on a positive a few years playing abroad will teach him a lot about the europian game - valuable when he becomes our manager in 10 years.

If he leaves I don't think he'll ever become Manager.

Plus in 10 years, Carra will probably be manager.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #219: Jul 08, 2010 10:55:42 am
      About time a bit of positive news about the situation from the official site:

Hodgson reveals Gerrard talks
      Roy Hodgson has revealed his delight at the content of his talks with Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher - and the new boss is confident of a similar outcome when he meets with Fernando Torres after the World Cup.

Just hours after being confirmed as Liverpool manager last Thursday, Hodgson met with Gerrard and Carragher - and later Academy Ambassador Kenny Dalglish - in his new office at Melwood.

And the tactician was left thrilled with the positive nature of the conversations.

"I think they went splendidly," Hodgson told LFC Weekly. "I was very happy to meet the players and, of course, Kenny who I already know so well.

"I was delighted to see how positive they are. Everybody is looking forward to the new season."

He added: "Obviously Steven and Jamie are the playing heartbeat of the club and it's very important we keep people like that with us.

"I anticipate there might be a situation where other big clubs will try and sign Steven, but he gave no indication that he wanted to leave."

"Nobody at the club wants him to go so I will be doing my utmost to make sure he stays. I am confident he will."

One player Hodgson has yet to meet is Torres due to the striker's World Cup commitments.

However, the Spain star announced over the weekend he was pleased with the appointment of the 62-year-old and eager to hear the new gaffer's plans for 2010-11 - and Hodgson admits the feeling is mutual.

"Fernando is a wonderful striker and I understand the fans' concerns about his future," he said.

"Unfortunately with the World Cup still on, I won't be able to meet him face to face for another few weeks. That's just circumstance and you won't hear me complaining about it.

"When I do meet him, I will be doing everything I possibly can to convince him that Liverpool is the place to be.

"If he sees progress, I am confident that he won't want to go anywhere else. I think he understands the club and the city."

Meanwhile, the manager is planning a new role for Dalglish under his Anfield reign.

Hodgson believes the Kop legend has a significant role to play in strengthening communication between the Academy and Melwood as the Reds look to develop new talent.

He explained: "I never doubted that Kenny would leave. He's been offered a role, which I believe is a crucial role for the club - not just in the short term, but in the long term.

"The club will benefit from Kenny's work long after I've left Liverpool and long after he's left as well.

"He is very aware of all the players at the Academy and I understand there are a few promising players emerging.

"He will liaise between Melwood and Kirkby and keep me updated with any developments that he deems necessary.

"There is a bridge between the Academy and the first team that needs to be created and I believe he can help build that bridge."

Link
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #220: Jul 08, 2010 11:16:46 am
      ok, I like
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #221: Jul 08, 2010 12:12:01 pm
      Finally! Some sense of security over the future over our captain. I was never in any doubt that Stevie would leave, but it did start to play on my mind a bit. Absolutely delighted to hear this news!
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #222: Jul 12, 2010 04:23:36 pm
      talkaloadofbull.com

Real Madrid Give Up On Inter's Maicon; Liverpool's Steven Gerrard Is Too Old - Ernesto Bronzetti
      Bronzetti offers his views on the major movers and shakers...
      By Salvatore Landolina
      Jul 12, 2010 3:05:00 PM
       Photo GalleryZoom
      Maicon, Diego Milito - Inter (Getty Images)
      Related Links
      Teams
      Inter Milan
      Liverpool
      Real Madrid
      Players
      Maicon
      Steven Gerrard
      Real Madrid will no longer make an effort to sign Maicon from Inter, according to their transfer consultant Ernesto Bronzetti, who says Jose Mourinho has given up the search for a right-back.

"Mourinho is convinced to leave Sergio Ramos on the right and now he wants a central defender or midfielder like Gerrard," Bronzetti told GR Parlamento.

"Real did not make an offer for Maicon, there was a request of €35 million [from Inter]."

Bronzetti made it clear Liverpool's Steven Gerrard is likely to remain at Anfield because his age and price make him beyond reach.

"Kaka will stay at Real, but the president does not agree with Gerrard because he is 30 and Perez doesn't want to know. Plus Liverpool asked for €70m."

And Bronzetti also offered an extended view on the European transfer market.

"[Zlatan Ibrahimovic]? He will stay where he is. I don't know how he will leave [for Manchester City]. I spoke with Sandro Rosell and he is convinced he will stay in Barcelona. The Spanish market is poor. Real will move cautiously, it won't be like last year," he said.

"[Giorgio] Chiellini to Real? No. Absolutely not. I think in the end Porto's central defender [Bruno Alves] will arrive."
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #223: Jul 12, 2010 04:47:32 pm
      Madrid's way of talking about transfers is mad.

It's like they don't give two shits. They just say what they want. Make it clear who their transfer targets are and that's that!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #224: Jul 12, 2010 04:58:38 pm
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #225: Jul 12, 2010 05:02:06 pm
      Boss source that.

chataloadofshit.com.

:roll:

They would probably get a bit more credibility if they changed their address to:

donotbelieveawordwesaybe causeweliterallymakeital lup.com
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #226: Jul 12, 2010 05:03:09 pm
      Boss source that.

chataloadofshit.com.

:roll:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #227: Jul 12, 2010 05:05:38 pm
      Gerrard was never going to Madrid. They will come up with any excuse possible to say why they "didn't" land him.

Khedira is their next target.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #228: Jul 12, 2010 05:22:13 pm
      Smells like Madrid's traditional tactic of appearing not interested to try and lower the price.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #229: Jul 14, 2010 11:24:04 am
      So all that sh*t supposedly to be coming out in the press was, like I said, a load of bullshit then.

Bit like all these stories of him going to Spain.

Maybe, just maybe, the rumours about him going to Spain, were more about his holiday plans, seeing as he as paid for him, his missus and a load of their mates to go to Ibiza.

Quick Reply