Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Slovenia 2-2 USA (Gp C) 18 June 2010, 15:00 - BBC1

Read 10466 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Slovenia v USA 3pm
      Reply #92: Jun 18, 2010 05:55:34 pm
      And I reckon there could have been a last-man red card for that player that brought Altidore down when he was through as well, but I guess that was debatable. I just think whenever its last man its gotta be red.

USA deserve the 3 points today, and should well have them with the fact they have scored 3 legitimate goals. Maybe the greatest comeback win in their history ruined by an utterly inept referee. B***ard should never referee again unless its Under-13's.

I agree. Altidore would have had a crack at goal if he wasn't pulled down. I thought, a last man who prevents a goal scoring opportunity would be a straight red?

Bob Bradley can be happy with the come back but I think USA did more than enough to win it but were robbed. USA deserved to win that game. There was nothing wrong with Edu's goal. In any case, it was the Slovenians holding the Americans. There were 2-3 Americans being held back and it wasn't an offside.

The refeereing decisions this tournament have been shocking. Feel referees are ruining the games recently. USA were robbed, IMO.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #93: Jun 18, 2010 05:58:34 pm
      I agree. Altidore would have had a crack at goal if he wasn't pulled down. I thought, a last man who prevents a goal scoring opportunity would be a straight red?

If Altidore was going to take the shot by the corner flag then maybe but that wasn't a red card, seen them given before but that was the only decision the ref made right, rest of the game was brutal.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #94: Jun 18, 2010 06:02:35 pm
      The ref shouldn't be having that from the players - even if it was a poor decision.

Should've booked Altidore then.

Though im all for referee protection and fairness, you can understand why though eh? Adrenalin, and you have just had a World Cup win, which for nations like the USA are never something taken for granted, stolen from you. I mean i know myself in that situation i would have been right next to Altidore - and there's a fair chance i would have been letting fly every word in my extensive book of beration at that referee.

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #95: Jun 18, 2010 06:07:40 pm
      There were 4 US players that were being HUGGED by the Slovenian players and still got the goal, then it was disallowed.  I am f***in livid right now.

FIFA need to do the right thing. First they need to overrule that yellow card for the handball, which wasn't a handball. Then they need to give the US the 3 points and Slovenia 0.  Its the World Cup and if they cant do the right thing then why even have ref's.  I am just completely gutted. f***in disgrace.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #96: Jun 18, 2010 06:10:18 pm
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #97: Jun 18, 2010 06:11:30 pm
      America is quick to rage at this guy:

Check out his wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koman_Coulibaly

He was preselected as a referee for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.[1] His officiating in the game between USA and Slovenia was roundly criticized by television commentators at the time. Coulibaly negated a late U.S. goal with an offsides call, which replays have shown to be inaccurate. The goal would have capped a US comeback from a 2-0 halftime deficit to Slovenia; instead the game ended in a 2-2 tie. Coulibaly is rumoured to hate the United States of America with the burning passion of a white hot sun.

Speaking on the game, Chris Moyles said: "I've just seen that disallowed goal for the US again - and not only was there no foul by a US player, there are probably two penalty-kick offences being committed by the Slovenian defenders. Shocking decision." Coulibaly's exploits have drawn comparisons to such sporting pariahs as Jim Joyce, Don Denkinger, Tim Donaghy, and even BP CEO Tony Heyward.

Koman even gave out a yellow card to Robbie Findlay (of the US) in the same game, after he was hit in the face with...the ball? Koman definetely stole the show in the US-Slovenia game.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #98: Jun 18, 2010 06:14:28 pm

That doesn't matter one little bit. There are no excuses for being sh*t at the world cup, every referee should be made sure they are fit to do the job. He wasn't, and should not ever referee anything important again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #99: Jun 18, 2010 06:20:31 pm
      They got a double win this time and when they actually score more goals than their opponents the US media will call it some nobhead thing that no one has ever heard of then claim America is where it all began and produce photographs of the Little Big Horn with the US Army winning by a massive draw margin.
      With the disallowed goal if you stop the clip the lad is definitely in an offside position and the linesman is perfectly positioned to judge, offside all day.
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010 06:29:52 pm by stuey »
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Re: Slovenia 2-2 USA 3pm
      Reply #100: Jun 18, 2010 06:25:36 pm
      Good job Slovenia, Dempsey must be sent-off.

I hope England and Slovenia get the last 16
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #101: Jun 18, 2010 06:25:59 pm
      America is quick to rage at this guy:

Check out his wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koman_Coulibaly

Thats great...Hopefully we can add...."After a review of the match, FIFA has fired Coulibaly and he will never ref a International or League match again".

Honestly, I understand when a ref misses a call. It happens their is alot going on and he cant see it all. But from the first 10 minutes it was bad call after bad call after bad call on the US and Slovenia.  

2 times a Penalty shot should of been called. Yellow cards for players who did nothing wrong and a disallowed goal.  Funny thing, I had a feeling that if the US scored it would be disallowed.  His officiating was so poor I wonder if he was on the take.
      ChicagoIllinoisLFCreds
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Re: Slovenia 2-2 USA (Gp C) 18 June 2010, 15:00 - BBC1
      Reply #102: Jun 18, 2010 10:43:54 pm
      This match was the worst officiated game I've seen on the international level. But it's not as worse in 2006 World Cup Netherlands vs. Portugal
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010 10:52:25 pm by ChicagoIllinoisLFCreds »
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #103: Jun 19, 2010 12:34:40 am
      This match was the worst officiated game I've seen on the international level. But it's not as worse in 2006 World Cup Netherlands vs. Portugal

Dont forget 02...  Korea v Italy and Spain... US / Germany handball
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #104: Jun 19, 2010 12:46:49 am
      Or '06 Australia v Croatia - one player got 3 yellow cards!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #105: Jun 19, 2010 12:52:07 am
      ^
      Yes,The incopetence never ends
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #106: Jun 19, 2010 01:19:00 am
      Have to agree that ref was poor.

America should have been down to ten men in the first minute when their fella elbowed the Slovenian in the face.

:f_whistle:

Quick Reply