Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Boycotting games & merchandise

Read 9817 times
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Boycotting games & merchandise
      May 12, 2010 02:38:47 pm
      Just a thought really

i know we all hate hicks and gillett with a passion, but surely boycotting things will only make things worse?

the attendance at the west ham game was pathetic, i know there was some sort of petition to stop people going, and a majority of them were season ticket holders, but the people who didnt buy tickets just make things worse!!

as for the new kit, shirts etc, if you support your team you will buy it, the first adidas shirt with the collar, after the reebok CL shirt, was our best selling shirt in years, and those two bellends were in charge then..

lack of sales = lack of money generated, it will only damage the club more!!!

i wont stop buying stuff as they are in, because i dont want to make things worse

boycotts will only damage us further, and now we're so behind the pack, lets not stay there..

go out and get the shirts, support your team and soon enough those gobshites will be gone,

be part of the solution, not the problem!
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2010 03:01:20 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Do not put the title all in capitals. »
      Leoshavi
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -1 
      Re: BOYCOTTING GAMES AND MERCHANDISE
      Reply #1: May 12, 2010 02:41:40 pm
      I don't put a penny into this club any more, directly or indirectly for I'll be damned if I prop H&G up.
      It may well hurt the club in the short term but it is the long term which matters
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #2: May 12, 2010 02:42:54 pm
      I don't put a penny into this club any more, directly or indirectly for I'll be damned if I prop H&G up.
      It may well hurt the club in the short term but it is the long term which matters

and with fans not buying shirts etc, thats going to look an attractive option for any potential investment?
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #3: May 12, 2010 02:43:46 pm
      Well I think that people are boycotting the games and merchandise to make Hicks and Gillett realise that their not making enough money from the club, therefore they will sell the club, problem solved. But knowing these two a***holes, they could keep the team until the club is near death and then sell when it's too late, you could be right.
      Leoshavi
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -1 
      Reply #4: May 12, 2010 02:48:34 pm

and with fans not buying shirts etc, thats going to look an attractive option for any potential investment?

Well what d'you suggest - sit back and do nothing?
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #5: May 12, 2010 02:52:11 pm
      Still protest against them, but dont damage the club financially, what happens if we dont like the next owners? same scenario, we're starting to look an unattractive purchase due to the fans boycotts

Well what d'you suggest - sit back and do nothing?
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #6: May 12, 2010 02:52:20 pm
      The Yanks would never stop me from supporting my team, I don't understand why people would boycott games. My love for the club is greater than my hate towards them.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #7: May 12, 2010 02:56:41 pm
      The Yanks would never stop me from supporting my team, I don't understand why people would boycott games. My love for the club is greater than my hate towards them.

Thank you!
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2010 03:01:47 pm by Reslivo »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #8: May 12, 2010 02:58:09 pm

Just what I was about to write - totally agree.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #9: May 12, 2010 02:59:21 pm
      What boycott are you on about? I never heard of one.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Boycotting games & merchandise
      Reply #10: May 12, 2010 03:02:28 pm
      What boycott are you on about? I never heard of one.

Really?

Buying official stuff from the offal is supposed to be one, as it puts money directly into the Yanks' pockets.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: May 12, 2010 03:02:47 pm
      This is exactly why H&G bought the club (brand), piled on debts and refuse to invest any money into it.  They know that no matter how badly the team does, how much we slip down the league, whether we get relegated or not the fans will continue to spend our hard earned money giving them a viable business.

Read up on Hicks - it's been his business model all through his life.  He knows a sports brand has lifelong fans that will follow their team through thick and thin and whilst the business is still trading he will make a profit - even if the business isn't.  Football isn't a cleaning product, a drink or a make of car where the customer has a choice - it's a lifestyle, it's in our DNA.  Unless you're a glory hunter of course.

You might want to read an article from todays Mirror that I've posted in the takeover/investment thread which I'm questioning if H&G through Purslow are once again trying to manipulate the fans.  It ties in with the sentiments in this thread.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #12: May 12, 2010 03:12:22 pm
      If the money isn't being spent, they can't take it out.

We already know money's not going back into the club - it's going into their pockets.

So the only question here is how much money do people want to put in their pockets?

All those 35 quids add up to a nice little sum, and it goes nowhere near the team or the club.

It's hypocrisy, pure and simple, to moan about them taking money out of the club whilst buying THEIR F***ing MERCHANDISE - THE MERCHANDISE BELONGS TO THEM AND THEY PROFIT FROM IT, NOT THE CLUB.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #13: May 12, 2010 03:28:03 pm
      Really?

Buying official stuff from the offal is supposed to be one, as it puts money directly into the Yanks' pockets.

I meant the boycott of the West Hame game hes going on about.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #14: May 12, 2010 03:29:01 pm
      If the money isn't being spent, they can't take it out.

We already know money's not going back into the club - it's going into their pockets.

So the only question here is how much money do people want to put in their pockets?

All those 35 quids add up to a nice little sum, and it goes nowhere near the team or the club.

It's hypocrisy, pure and simple, to moan about them taking money out of the club whilst buying THEIR F***ing MERCHANDISE - THE MERCHANDISE BELONGS TO THEM AND THEY PROFIT FROM IT, NOT THE CLUB.

i find it very strange that you can support the club but boycott it in every way possible?
      Leoshavi
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -1 
      Reply #15: May 12, 2010 03:35:39 pm

I find it very strange that you can support the club but boycott it in every way possible?

I find it strange you can support the club but line H&G's pockets......
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: May 12, 2010 03:37:23 pm

I find it very strange that you can support the club but boycott it in every way possible?

It equates to the old saying "you have to be cruel to be kind".  It's a temporary thing which doesn't mean you love something any less but it's in it's best interest to stifle it for a while.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #17: May 12, 2010 03:37:30 pm

In some cases, supporting the club means doing everything possible to get rid of the leaches, not paying lip service to it on an internet forum whilst piling more money into their pockets.

I'll say again - you are not buying from the club, you are buying from the yanks, and putting even more money in their pockets.

Every single revenue stream means more money that they take OUT of the club.

THEY ARE THE OWNERS, THEY ARE THE ONE'S PROFITTING, NOT THE CLUB.

So don't try and give me a guilt trip because you want a shiny new F***ing shirt to impress your mates.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #18: May 12, 2010 03:49:31 pm
      So don't try and give me a guilt trip because you want a shiny new f**king shirt to impress your mates.

i beg your f**king pardon? new shiny shirt to impress the mates?! ;D, its not that at all, its supporting the club, i support liverpool whoever is in charge, i dont care if its the yanks, moores, whoever, but i will not stop buying things which WILL damage the club to protest against the owners..
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #19: May 12, 2010 03:54:03 pm
      I beg your f**king pardon? new shiny shirt to impress the mates?! ;D, its not that at all, its supporting the club, I support liverpool whoever is in charge, I dont care if its the yanks, moores, whoever, but I will not stop buying things which WILL damage the club to protest against the owners..

You're NOT supporting the club - you are lining the pockets of the yanks.

Is that so hard to understand?

How the f**k is NOT giving money to the yanks damaging the club?

That's just a f**king cop-out.

So here's the thing - if you're still intent on giving money to the yanks at the expense of the club because of some sense of misguided loyalty, then you haven't got a clue what's been happening the last few years.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #20: May 12, 2010 04:09:06 pm
      ok, what ever you say... i think its bullshit, but its all about opinions!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #21: May 12, 2010 05:18:25 pm
      ok, what ever you say... I think its bullshit, but its all about opinions!

It's not an opinion - it's a fact.

You are paying the yanks to rip off the fans.

That's the reason they are here - to make money off us.
      And every time someone buys merchandise, their shark smile gets just a little bit wider.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #22: May 12, 2010 05:52:20 pm
      so the point that people seem to be failing to get is....

boycotting the club merchandise /tickets etc

WILL DAMAGE THE CLUB!!!!

Quick Reply