Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Boycotting games & merchandise

Read 9985 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Boycotting games & merchandise
      Reply #69: May 17, 2010 03:48:11 pm
      Let's face it. The reality of boycotting games etc is getting closer and closer by the day the longer the owners are here. The more people really start to understand where our real problems are, the more people will not want to hand their cash over to pay unjustified debts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #70: May 17, 2010 03:55:07 pm
      I read that quote too HR.  I also read somewhere this morning that season tickets next season could have to go up to £1900 to balance the cashflow.

I'm hoping you meant £900 there Reddebs, because £1900 would be truly F***ing shocking, could they even justify putting the prices up after the season we've had.

Actually couldn't believe that I heard Blackburn were one of the cheapest clubs for season tickets out of virtually all but two of the 92 Premier League and League clubs.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #71: May 17, 2010 03:55:40 pm
      The more people really start to understand where our real problems are, the more people will not want to hand their cash over to pay unjustified debts.

That still wont stop the day-trippers though, they will spend big in the shops and we will still have the same problem, 2 Yank c*nts raping our club for every penny, whilst Scudamore and his circus sit on their arses doing f**k all.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #72: May 17, 2010 04:01:53 pm
      I'm hoping you meant £900 there Reddebs, because £1900 would be truly f**king shocking, could they even justify putting the prices up after the season we've had.

Actually couldn't believe that I heard Blackburn were one of the cheapest clubs for season tickets out of virtually all but two of the 92 Premier League and League clubs.

Nope I definately meant £1900.  They couldn't care less how our season went so long as they get their cash but you know that already.  Maybe they're trying to get rid of everybody connected to the club who try to stand in their way.  They're doing it with Rafa, some of the players seem to be getting the message and now they're starting on the fans.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #73: May 17, 2010 04:04:50 pm
      Nope I definately meant £1900.  They couldn't care less how our season went so long as they get their cash but you know that already.  Maybe they're trying to get rid of everybody connected to the club who try to stand in their way.  They're doing it with Rafa, some of the players seem to be getting the message and now they're starting on the fans.

thats over £100 a game cant be right
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #74: May 17, 2010 04:08:46 pm

Shudders.

Maybe in London, but theres not a hells chance they'll get away with that here, unless of course they are corporate tickets.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      Reply #75: May 17, 2010 04:10:56 pm
      Shudders.

Maybe in London, but theres not a hells chance they'll get away with that here, unless of course they are corporate tickets.

That wouldnt surprise me, knowing them 2 c*nts they would price the fans out of attending the games, and then start on merchandise until someone comes in and buys the club off them.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #76: May 17, 2010 04:18:18 pm
      That wouldnt surprise me, knowing them 2 c*nts they would price the fans out of attending the games, and then start on merchandise until someone comes in and buys the club off them.

Exactly my point.  They don't want die hard fans there, they only want people who spend wads of cash.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      Reply #77: May 17, 2010 04:53:07 pm
      Exactly my point.  They don't want die hard fans there, they only want people who spend wads of cash.

The only people i want to see spending wads of cash in L4 are the new f**king owners....whenever we get some, oh and i want to hear the noises of spades & diggers aswell when they start on our new stadium.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #78: May 17, 2010 08:11:31 pm
      I won't be buying the new shirt until the muppets are gone! Luckly I don't really like it anyway ;D
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #79: May 18, 2010 01:40:19 am
      Surely,if this is true,now is the time to stop buying official LFC mechandise.As for games.if you are prepared to pay £100 per ticket to watch this sh*te,then carry on brother without me.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #80: May 18, 2010 06:23:22 pm
      If this drags on and it turns they are biding for time. It might be the only option. Hit those bas**rds in the pocket.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #81: May 18, 2010 06:39:31 pm
      Its my sons birthday next month. Looked at a lot of threads regarding money and owners. Have decided Liverpool merchandise will wait and be reviewed in December. I wont judge anyone who does otherwise but I feel at a loss as to how best to express my distaste for the regime in charge and for now its all I can have an influence in. Even if it is minute in the grand scheme of things
      MsGerrard
      Reply #82: May 18, 2010 07:51:16 pm
      I will not be buying the new shirt, or anything else for that matter.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #83: May 18, 2010 09:20:59 pm
      I'm not buying anything either nor am I renewing my membership till they've gone.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #84: May 18, 2010 09:32:52 pm
      I try and avoid it at all costs on matchday but I went into the club shop 1st home game of the season vs stoke (to get a new air freshner for my car ;)) and there was a fella in front of me who spent £250 on shirts, mugs, flags, scarves, toilet paper........etc.

You tell me who they'd rather shop there......
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #85: May 18, 2010 10:47:01 pm
      I will not be buying the new shirt, or anything else for that matter.

As much as it pains me to say it, me and my boys have had new shirts for the last 3 seasons ( since they've been born ) , i shall be boycotting the merchandise myself and will not be renewing my membership either. Until the owners are gone that is.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #86: May 18, 2010 11:01:55 pm
      As much as it pains me to say it, me and my boys have had new shirts for the last 3 seasons ( since they've been born ) , i shall be boycotting the merchandise myself and will not be renewing my membership either. Until the owners are gone that is.

I've also had a lot of new shirts recently, no more though, I have to admit to visiting the LFC store nearly every time I go to Liverpool, and nearly always buy something, I also like to get stuff for my friends abroad, as they can't get much.

It will be hard for me to refrain from going in there, but I must resist, until the two clowns have departed our beloved club.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 11:28:59 pm by MsGerrard »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #87: May 18, 2010 11:07:27 pm
      Well I've already promised me nephew the new goalkeeping kit. He's Liverpool mad and at the age of 4, which he'll be in June, trying to explain to him the ins and outs of the boardroom problems ain't gonna get anywhere. He just sees the kit and wants it, I can't refuse me nephew that joy.

I will however be buying the kit from either an online retailer or a shop in town. Certainly won't be going to the official stores - not only do they cost over the odds to begin with, it means more money going to those F***ing clowns.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #88: May 18, 2010 11:50:39 pm
      Well I've already promised me nephew the new goalkeeping kit. He's Liverpool mad and at the age of 4, which he'll be in June, trying to explain to him the ins and outs of the boardroom problems ain't gonna get anywhere. He just sees the kit and wants it, I can't refuse me nephew that joy.

I will however be buying the kit from either an online retailer or a shop in town. Certainly won't be going to the official stores - not only do they cost over the odds to begin with, it means more money going to those f**king clowns.

My 2 boys are 18 months and 30 months. My youngest loves Torres and my oldest loves Reina ( think it's because he's got a bald head like his dad!). If the kit is bought from an online retailer, won't money still go into their pockets? With a bit of luck they'll be gone by the summer ( the owners that is! ).
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #89: May 18, 2010 11:58:25 pm
      My 2 boys are 18 months and 30 months. My youngest loves Torres and my oldest loves Reina ( think it's because he's got a bald head like his dad!). If the kit is bought from an online retailer, won't money still go into their pockets? With a bit of luck they'll be gone by the summer ( the owners that is! ).

It could do mate, to be honest I don't know they work the retail market. Not sure what goes where and to who.

But hopefully the owners will have gone by the start of the new season, not that I'm holding me breath though.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #90: May 19, 2010 12:08:57 am
      I understand the people who choose to boycott games & merchandise, etc- but i honestly dont see the point-

I mean its not going to hit our clown owners in the pocket if a few people dont buy stuff or go to Anfield- and it would never work on a mass scale to make the owners take notice-
      I go to Anfield and watch our boys for them- to support them to win our games, nothing to do with the owners- (even though it has everything to do with the owners)
            All of this bullshit affects the players- how cant it?  They need all the support they can get- to carry on playing through this- and hope we get new owners, and behind the scenes & £££ will get sorted out.
      We all want the same thing- players, fans & probably the staff also- Yanks out- Rich new owners in!
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #91: May 19, 2010 12:10:20 am
      Feel for you guys with the youngsters. But, i'm out of buying any official merchandise till the fuckwits are gone.  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply