Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Christian Eriksen - Denmark, Ajax.

Read 3019 times
      gironda
      • Forum Markus Babbel
      • Started Topic

• 74 posts | -1 
      Christian Eriksen - Denmark, Ajax.
      Feb 10, 2011 10:43:32 pm
      I didn't see the England v Denmark match, but from what I've read this kid stole the show.

Can any of our dutch based fans shed some light? How does he go, week in week out?

LFChrisLFC
      • Forum Ian St John

• 425 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Christian Eriksen - Denmark, Ajax.
      Reply #1: Feb 10, 2011 10:48:17 pm
      I didn't see the England v Denmark match, but from what I've read this kid stole the show.

Can any of our dutch based fans shed some light? How does he go, week in week out?

Wouldn't have said he was that good in the game yesterday, couple of good passes.

Looks like a Charlie Adam with pace.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #2: Feb 10, 2011 10:52:09 pm
      Looks like a Charlie Adam with pace.

Charlie Adam and Eriksen are 2 complete different types of players. Adam is a long range pass who passes it from deeper positions then pushes forward to help the attack. Eriksen is a player who likes to stay in the final third and score goals and assists. Adam and Eriksen are 2 very very different players.

Eriksen is a top player for his age but I don't see us getting him.

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #3: Feb 10, 2011 10:55:15 pm
      We were already discussing him in this thread yesterday: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=35242.msg924381#msg924381
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Feb 10, 2011 10:55:47 pm
      I think it's okay, lfc_ynwa.

This thread is in the general football forum just like the Lionel Messi thread ;)
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #5: Feb 10, 2011 10:59:58 pm
      I think it's okay, lfc_ynwa.

This thread is in the general football forum just like the Lionel Messi thread ;)

Yeah I realized that after I did my post. Thought it was in the transfer forum but I am blind.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Feb 10, 2011 11:00:42 pm
      He was brilliant in the first half yesterday. Great cross in for Dagger, and some very nice touches in and around the box. Only 19. Good prospect, be interesting to see how he goes.
      gironda
      • Forum Markus Babbel
      • Started Topic

• 74 posts | -1 
      Reply #7: Feb 11, 2011 02:58:21 am

Yeh, I see it now. I searched for his name before I started the thread but it didn't turn up...
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #8: Feb 11, 2011 03:21:33 am
      Some newspapers were reporting Sammy being at the game to scout the kid. He looks promising.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Feb 11, 2011 05:06:27 pm
      Eriksen cools Liverpool link

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6745165,00.html

Starlet happy to stay at Ajax

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me on Twitter @skysportspeteo    Last updated: 11th February 2011   

Eriksen: Focused

So yes, Liverpool have probably seen me but I am not spending time wondering about it. I think I'm going to play in Ajax until my contract expires

Denmark sensation Christian Eriksen has played down talk linking him with a possible move to Liverpool.

Ajax ace Eriksen, who impressed during Denmark's 2-1 defeat to England in midweek, is being chased by a host of Europe's top clubs.

Liverpool are thought to be ready to step up their interest in after Reds assistant manager Sammy Lee was spotted in Copenhagen casting an eye over the midfielder.

Eriksen is aware of the speculation, but he insists he plans to stay at Ajax until the end of his contract in 2014.

"Every time Ajax play, there are clubs watching me. That's just the way it is in Ajax," said Eriksen.

"So yes, Liverpool have probably seen me but I am not spending time wondering about it. I think I'm going to play in Ajax until my contract expires.

"There are a lot of young players, who are busy looking at other clubs but that's not the way I think.

"There are still lots for me to learn and improve and I can do that in Ajax, which is one of the best clubs in the world in developing talent.

"When it comes to that, I can't be at a better place."

Walcott tip

Theo Walcott has advised Arsenal to make a move Eriksen after being impressed by his performance at the Parken Stadium.

Gunners winger Walcott came up against Eriksen on Wednesday night and he feels the playmaker would be ideal for Arsenal.

"He has a good touch. You can see he is technically gifted, very comfortable and doesn't lose the ball that often," Walcott is quoted as saying in the Daily Star.

"As for him coming to Arsenal, it's a question to ask the boss - but he would be a great addition."

Looks like a smart kid.
      Give it a couple of years and he will no doubt be a star. Don't think now is the right time for him to come to us
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #10: Feb 11, 2011 10:12:37 pm
      Good attitude, trying to learn everything he can before he moves on. Whens his contract run out?
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #11: Feb 12, 2011 01:50:33 am
      Looked a great player last night. Wouldn't mind if we signed him.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #12: Feb 23, 2011 07:39:43 pm
      Lets hope suarez had a word when he went back to ajax the other day

Quick Reply