Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Fabio Capello warns England boo boys to not to jeer Liverpool's Jamie Carragher

Read 3143 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Fabio Capello warns England boo boys to not to jeer Liverpool's Jamie Carragher
      May 16, 2010 02:46:07 am
      Fabio Capello warns England boo boys not to jeer Liverpool's Jamie Carragher

Fabio Capello has urged England fans not to jeer Jamie Carragher, after the Liverpool defender gave an admirably honest account of playing for the nation in his autobiography.

He admitted he was never 'in love' with playing for the country and considered his Liverpool commitments to be more important.

Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and John Terry have been booed by England fans at Wembley and Capello is counting on the fact there will be no repeat.
      'I hope not,' he said. 'The fans must support Carragher because he is part of the team. I think during the World Cup all the fans will help us.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278705/Fabio-Capello-warns-England-boo-boys-boo-Liverpools-Jamie-Carragher.html?

Interesting.

RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: Fabio Capello warns England boo boys to not to jeer Liverpool's Jamie Carragher
      Reply #1: May 16, 2010 03:22:51 am
      " England boo boys" will jear Carra because he plays for Liverpool.We are the anti-Christ of football establishment.Harks back to the Shankley era.How dare a Scotsman set up an "english dynasty" against tradition.Carragher is there on performance this season,to my knowledge he is not shaggung a team mates wife,so he deserves his place in the squad.I personally  will be supporting Spain,because I don't give a flying F**k about the media sh*te.How many North of England players are involved?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Fabio Capello warns England boo boys to not to jeer Liverpool's Jamie Carragher
      Reply #2: May 16, 2010 09:09:13 am
      As a non English man I have to say it's ridiculous that you boo your own players anyway!
      Why spend hundreds of pounds traveling to matches and jeer the people you're traveling to see??
      prettyrabbit
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      Reply #3: May 16, 2010 01:05:07 pm
      hope to see Carra part with Terry as Central Backs.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: May 16, 2010 02:30:50 pm
      Why the F**k would they boo him when there is so many other knobheads in the team.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #5: May 16, 2010 03:24:16 pm
      As a non English man I have to say it's ridiculous that you boo your own players anyway!
      Why spend hundreds of pounds traveling to matches and jeer the people you're traveling to see??
      Well, after what Terry pulled with Bridge, could you blame anyone booing him?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #6: May 16, 2010 03:30:26 pm
      If Carra does get booed it's just indicative of how genuinely stupid some football fans are. How can you jeer someone for being honest about his commitments? I'm sure he's come back into the squad fully aware he probably won't get much in the way of game time, but he's still willing to help. Model professional is our lad and it'd be f**king stupid if some England 'fans' boo him.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Fabio Capello warns England boo boys to not to jeer Liverpool's Jamie Carrag
      Reply #7: May 16, 2010 03:30:41 pm
      Why the F**k would they boo him when there is so many other knobheads in the team.

Because he's a scouser who, according to many of your southern media 'turned his back on England' when it was the player himself who was getting shunned. You can bet your bottom dollar that the scum will be trying to stir it up.

Because it's the mentality of a lot of people who are easily influenced by the scumbag media we have here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #8: May 16, 2010 03:33:30 pm
      Or he'll launch a quid at your head!!

"He's red, he's sound, He'll................
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #9: May 16, 2010 08:45:42 pm
      I hope he doesnt get booed- would be a disgrace,

Im sure there are a hell of alot of people that would rather see their domestic teams sucess than their countries- but just keep quiet about it!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #10: May 16, 2010 09:25:07 pm
      The main reason I dont support England is because of England fans. Worst fanbase in football. Need a f**king brass band to make any noise, and boo the players off the pitch every other game.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #11: May 16, 2010 11:04:19 pm
      England boo everyone  but Rooney
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #12: May 16, 2010 11:05:25 pm
      England boo everyone  but Rooney

Or basically whoever is flavour of the month.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #13: May 16, 2010 11:06:20 pm
      Or basically whoever is flavour of the month.

Pretty much

England fan base is disgusting.

Lets get a band to get us going, we have no songs no real fans just hooligans.

Shame to be honest
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #14: May 16, 2010 11:08:09 pm
      Pretty much

England fan base is disgusting.

Lets get a band to get us going, we have no songs no real fans just hooligans.

Shame to be honest

Awesome. Thanks very much.

I'll take that as a compliment?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #15: May 16, 2010 11:56:18 pm
      The World Cup, IMO, is the oddest tournament when it comes to who people support.  Because of club loyalties its hard to not root and cheer for a player from another team.  Its not like the Olympics or any other national tourney. I'm American and I will fully support the US team.  I think we have a good shot of making it out of the group stage and think we can be a dangerous team.  However, I would like to see England go far because of Carra and Gerrard, I would like to see Spain go far because of Nando so its tough.

But, too boo your own national team is not good.  You might think John Terry is a f***in pr**k and hate Lampard.  But they are representing your nation.  To boo them is just in bad taste. I'm sorry. Terry is a dick, fine however he is one the best players in the World and is representing your country.

Personally I hate Landon Donovan. Cant stand him on or off the pitch. But, when he wears the US jersey he is representing my country and I will support him. When you watch the WC your watching the best of the best.  Were watching the best football players in the World. Any player who starts a WC match is one the best in the world. Period.  When the final whistle blows, in the WC Final and the winners are holding the trophy. You are looking at the best "Team" in the world. Thats what I think of. I am watching greatness. I am watching someone who is the greatest at what he does. Were watching perfection.

ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #16: May 17, 2010 12:05:58 am
      Fabio Capello warns England boo boys not to jeer Liverpool's Jamie Carragher

Fabio Capello has urged England fans not to jeer Jamie Carragher, after the Liverpool defender gave an admirably honest account of playing for the nation in his autobiography.

He admitted he was never 'in love' with playing for the country and considered his Liverpool commitments to be more important.
      Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and John Terry have been booed by England fans at Wembley and Capello is counting on the fact there will be no repeat.
      'I hope not,' he said. 'The fans must support Carragher because he is part of the team. I think during the World Cup all the fans will help us.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278705/Fabio-Capello-warns-England-boo-boys-boo-Liverpools-Jamie-Carragher.html?

Interesting.

Firstly , i would never boo one of my own countries players , but for Carragher to state that he was never "in love" with playin for his country boggles the mind . Surely there can be no greater honour than playing for your country in your chosen sport .
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #17: May 17, 2010 01:26:22 am
      Firstly , I would never boo one of my own countries players , but for Carragher to state that he was never "in love" with playin for his country boggles the mind . Surely there can be no greater honour than playing for your country in your chosen sport .

Not when that country is full of knobends.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,152 posts | 3385 
      Reply #18: May 17, 2010 01:48:24 am
      Boo Carra all they F***ing like.

He won't be the first Liverpool player to be on the receiving end of it and he won't be the last. We all know that there's something which sets Liverpool Football Club's players apart from the rest of the national side. It's been that way for a while.

Also if he gets booed, it might make him hang up those international boots (again) and concentrate fully on his club - our club. Thinking about it, I'm wondering how long he's been thinking about coming out of international retirement and if it's had some effect on his game because this season he has been awful at times.

Funny how after his worst year in about a decade, he gets recalled to the England squad?

Anyway, the England fans can boo Carra. It won't make the slightest bit of difference to him. He still won't be in love with England if they don't boo him.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Fabio Capello warns England boo boys to not to jeer Liverpool's Jamie Carrag
      Reply #19: May 17, 2010 02:49:15 am
      But, too boo your own national team is not good.  You might think John Terry is a f***in pr**k and hate Lampard.  But they are representing your nation.  To boo them is just in bad taste. I'm sorry. Terry is a dick, fine however he is one the best players in the World and is representing your country.

I might be wrong mate, but I'm getting the impression you're getting scousers mixed up with England fans. The majority of scousers wouldn't waste their breath booing Lampard or Terry when they're playing for England. Or any other player for that matter.

Scousers in general aren't really patriotic. I'll watch the world cup and hope England do well. If they win it, then I'll get pissed (drunk pissed, not angry pissed). But notice I say 'they'.

If you're gonna boo a player who is representing you and who doesn't spend enough time with his team mates to practise, you're a F***ing spineless gobs***e. Most England fans think they've got a god given right to success. And that's why I think a lot of fans who take England seriously are bellends. England fans are represented and hugely influenced by the horrible media we have here. That's why when England don't win anything, the players are slatted to bits and the manager is practically mentally lynched and physically stalked.

Lampard and Terry won't get booed by scousers because we're good sports and we can't be arsed. But those players won't get booed by the England fans because Lampard and Terry are the media darlings. Carragher on the other hand is not. Hence Capello feeling like he has to 'warn England boo boys'.

I hope you see things a bit clearly now YANK mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #20: May 17, 2010 03:01:17 am
      I might be wrong mate, but I'm getting the impression you're getting scousers mixed up with England fans. The majority of scousers wouldn't waste their breath booing Lampard or Terry when they're playing for England. Or any other player for that matter.

Scousers in general aren't really patriotic. I'll watch the world cup and hope England do well. If they win it, then I'll get pissed (drunk pissed, not angry pissed). But notice I say 'they'.

If you're gonna boo a player who is representing you and who doesn't spend enough time with his team mates to practise, you're a F***ing spineless gobs***e. Most England fans think they've got a god given right to success. And that's why I think a lot of fans who take England seriously are bellends. England fans are represented and hugely influenced by the horrible media we have here. That's why when England don't win anything, the players are slatted to bits and the manager is practically mentally lynched and physically stalked.

Lampard and Terry won't get booed by scousers because we're good sports and we can't be arsed. But those players won't get booed by the England fans because Lampard and Terry are the media darlings. Carragher on the other hand is not. Hence Capello feeling like he has to 'warn England boo boys'.

I hope you see things a bit clearly now YANK mate.

Plus the fact nowadays the large majority of travelling England fans are made up from lower league teams, desperate for some kind of adventure, Premier League teams fans (well those in Europe) see every season.

The xenophobic sh*te in Germany with all the chair throwing was enough for me, even worse was the treatment and abuse by an England mob to some lone Brazilian fan shown on a Panorama documentary just after the World Cup.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #21: May 17, 2010 03:07:11 am
      even worse was the treatment and abuse by an England mob to some lone Brazilian fan shown on a Panorama documentary just after the World Cup.

Agreed. Especially that. That was horrible that. Although it was a mob of tits and doesn't represent all England fans.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #22: May 17, 2010 03:08:53 am
      Agreed. Especially that. That was horrible that. Although it was a mob of tits and doesn't represent all England fans.

Nicely put.

Just the large majority, there's enough books!!

Quick Reply