Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

David Bentley (Tottenham Hotspur)

Read 7057 times
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Re: David Bentley (Tottenham Hotspur)
      Reply #46: May 21, 2010 12:26:44 am
      Bollocks to this.

He's a fairy. Does my nut in diving around and generally being a knobhead.

your bang on mate. Cares more about his hair, his money and his image. Not the right guy for us. Just because he is good on fifa or whatever doesnt mean he will be perfect for us. Besides he's more of an out and out winger isnt he? We don't use wingers.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #47: May 22, 2010 12:09:04 am
      This lad has at no stage been sensational for Spurs and they would piss themselves if they were offered £15 million for him, anyone that genuinely thinks he is good enough for Liverpool either hasn't watched Bentley much or thinks Liverpool are a much smaller club than I do.

Let him F**k off to Villa where he will flop. Really can't see Rafa been interested in a lad who has a lot bigger an ego than talent. A vastly overrated player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #48: May 22, 2010 01:10:08 am
      This lad has at no stage been sensational for Spurs and they would piss themselves if they were offered £15 million for him, anyone that genuinely thinks he is good enough for Liverpool either hasn't watched Bentley much or thinks Liverpool are a much smaller club than I do.

Let him F**k off to Villa where he will flop. Really can't see Rafa been interested in a lad who has a lot bigger an ego than talent. A vastly overrated player.

I don't think anyone has stated, or even close, that they would like Bentley for 15m.

I think the most anyone has said they'd like him here for is 7 or 8m.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #49: May 22, 2010 10:19:35 am
      I wouldn't pay anything for him, he is vastly over rated and has a terrible attitude, not good enough for Arsenal or Spurs. Will flop as well if he comes here but don't see it happening.

He is a carrbon copy of Pennant, at least Pennant was a regular for us and was our best player against Milan in the 2007 Champions League final, Bentley has never been a regular at Spurs.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #50: May 23, 2010 02:52:42 pm
      And when he was at Blackburn he carried the side. Not a big fish in a small pond at Blackburn because he was massive for them. When he didn't play, they were woeful, and he played well enough most games in the season.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #51: May 23, 2010 07:29:11 pm
      He was good for half a season with Blackburn, so F***ing what Crouch I wonder how much Blackburn matches you watched that season, or did you just read all the F***ing ridiculous hype about him being the next Beckham. That really was hilarious. An average player with a terrible attitude.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #52: May 23, 2010 07:31:30 pm
      He was good for half a season with Blackburn, so F***ing what Crouch I wonder how much Blackburn matches you watched that season, or did you just read all the F***ing ridiculous hype about him being the next Beckham. That really was hilarious. An average player with a terrible attitude.

He has quality.

Stop turning every thread you enter into an argument.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: May 23, 2010 07:33:41 pm
      He takes a good corner he has F**k all else, his delivery is decent but that is all, not the first time though Res I see the game completely different than you. Barring a half a season with Blackburn he has had a very mediocre career.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #54: May 23, 2010 07:39:59 pm
      I'm not turning every thread into an argument am i not allowed debate is this not a forum can I not disagree with someone, not the first time your having a hop off me for F**k all.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #55: May 24, 2010 12:36:26 am
      If we are looking at players like Bentley then we are accepting mediocrity. The only time a player like this should be near a Liverpool changing room is when he's putting the lads kit out and cleaning their boots.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,116 posts | 3368 
      Reply #56: May 24, 2010 01:10:56 am
      He may not be the greatest, but he is a natural right winger. Something we currently lack in Kuyt and El Zhar. He's an out and out winger who can put a decent ball in the box.

At best though, he's a bench player for a club like Liverpool.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #57: May 24, 2010 02:18:40 am

Wasn't just half a season mate.

And yes i did watch him, because i wanted him at the club before Spurs signed him.

I reckon a move to us would be great for him and for the club if at the right price, but like i said before, we have Maxi.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #58: May 24, 2010 02:24:28 am
      As I said before not good enough for the Spurs, not good enough for LFC.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #59: May 24, 2010 02:30:59 am
      I'm not turning every thread into an argument am I not allowed debate is this not a forum can I not disagree with someone, not the first time your having a hop off me for f**k all.

Yes you are. Every time someone says something against what you think you get the "oh thats F***ing really F***ing hilarious you think hes good, average player at best its really a joke you F***ing think that" cob on. Annoying.

For me, okay player, and if he came id give him a chance. On his day he can be bril, so it depends which player turned up regularly for us.

But, we have Maxi. I'd rather invest on the left and up front, if we do invest that is.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #60: May 24, 2010 03:16:54 am
      Something we currently lack in Kuyt and El Zhar. He's an out and out winger who can put a decent ball in the box.

Better than El Zhar? Sign him up. ;)

I'd take him, definitely. He can actually cross a ball. I get a nosebleed every time we score from a decent cross.

And from what we have seen from him, he definitely has quality. A country mile away from being another Pennant.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #61: May 24, 2010 03:22:15 am
      Better than El Zhar? Sign him up. ;)

Is that the criteria for a Liverpool player at the moment? Sign me up then!

I'll play for two slabs of beer a week. And a 12-piece feed from KFC after every training. WITH fries. Love that seasoning.

Better make that three slabs a week as well, just to be sure.

:D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #62: May 24, 2010 03:32:54 am
      Better make that three slabs a week as well, just to be sure.

:D

Nowhere near enough for you.

You big sexy beer demon.

In all seriousness though, if Yossi is F***ing off to Chelsea we're left with Maxi, Kuyt, Babel and El Zhar left for the wings.

Babel may well make way, hopefully for Turan.  El Zhar, at the moment, isn't ready to play for us yet. If he ever will turn in to a Liverpool standard player is another debate entirely.

In the meantime, I wouldn't mind having Bentley in his place. Our wings will look a little better off actually having players who like getting a ball in the box. 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #63: May 24, 2010 03:39:05 am
      Well i was being nice, with our financial situation and all. Don't need them taking out another loan just to pay for my beer :D

Aye, good point about Yossi though. If he does piss off to Chelsea (which i will be very disappointed in the lad for) then a guy like Bentley, provided he comes cheap, would be very handy.

I honestly don't think he is the greatest, but i'm not exactly sure the reason for the hatred towards him either. Think he is much better than Pennant.

And players that like to cross a ball are indeed very welcome at the moment.

Also if El Zhar is still at the club come the start of the season, someone give me a blunt spoon so i can dig my eyeballs out.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #64: May 24, 2010 08:04:01 pm
      Nice of you to wade in as usual YNWA, jaysus I'm saying a lad that is not good enough for Spurs and Arsenal and is not good enough for us.

I'd like to think with all the sh*t going on we are still a big club, no way in a million years this lad is better than Maxi so why waste money on this clown.

Sorry if I annoyed you YNWA i was debating with Crouch and again like many times it has seemed to annoy you and Reslivo but then nothing new there.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #65: May 25, 2010 04:13:52 am
      Nice of you to wade in as usual YNWA, jaysus I'm saying a lad that is not good enough for Spurs and Arsenal and is not good enough for us.

I'd like to think with all the sh*t going on we are still a big club, no way in a million years this lad is better than Maxi so why waste money on this clown.

Sorry if I annoyed you YNWA I was debating with Crouch and again like many times it has seemed to annoy you and Reslivo but then nothing new there.

Always on the fringes looking in me is, my hot-headed friend.

Look, if you had cared to notice, there is also times I agree with you. So its not like im just pouncing on whatever you say. But whenever you 'debate' you manage to turn it into an argument with insults - something I have been guilty of as well, but unlike yourself I know I have and am trying to not do that. You attacked Crouch's knowledge, accusing him of buying into hype in the media rather than having made his own judgement. That's not debate, thats argumentative and insulting. You see what I mean? So don't accuse me of just "wading in as usual" - I just always find you getting a cob on for no reason and to be honest, I hate seeing it. I hate that I have done it, and am trying not to do it, so I suggest you try the same - as I have said to you before. Debate runs a lot better when there is no snide remarks like yours being thrown out.

Anyways, on topic.

Still think Bentley shouldn't be a top priority considering we have Maxi who seems like he will be quality, but he is quality all the same as long as he actually tries - I just don't see the point in signing him unless we are blessed with money, something we are not. A natural and quality left sided player, to complement Maxi on the right, is what I would love to see.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #66: May 25, 2010 04:23:40 am
      Sorry but i think bentley is quality...been lost in the lost form wilderness for a while but truely believe that he, on his day is the best winger of quality balls and invention in the prem. Can see torres benefiting from his addition to the club. Should be in the world cup squad and at liverpool i'd have him over kuyt and maxi in a heartbeat. BUT not for 15million...for half that he'd be value for money
      Cored
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #67: May 25, 2010 01:29:07 pm
      No.

Quick Reply