Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 144779 times
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Re: Yossi Benayoun - West Ham
      Reply #69: Jun 26, 2007 05:57:14 pm
      I agree with a bit of everything that has been said really (Barring the argument between scouser and kenny where im not getting involved! joke)..  In my heart I really dont feel that Benayoun is a good enough player to wear the Red of Liverpool.  Its a backwards step when everyone else is flying forwards.  The mancs are splashing the cash on some great talent, Chelsea seem to have just wrapped up a 18 million pound deal for Pato (Who looks sheer class) and we are scratching around the lower prem clubs looking at 2 to 3 million pound players.  The longer this transfer window goes on the more frustrated im getting.  Lets atleast stick a bid in for Tevez, or nail the deal for Torres or get in touch about Simao?!? just do soemthing but dont sign crap cos were panicking.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #70: Jun 26, 2007 06:36:36 pm
      only thing benayoun would be good for is playing in the carling cup, i can't think of
      any of our midfielders how he would be able to push out of the team ::)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #71: Jun 26, 2007 07:19:07 pm
      We are overloaded in midfield,he really would be nothing more than a squad player,we have to aim higher than this.Do we need another midfielder?NO
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #72: Jun 26, 2007 08:21:47 pm
      i really cant see the point in buying benayoun. i agree with molbys belly, whose place will he take in the team?  i would struggle to find him a place on the bench.  if this is the caliber of player we're chasing, i'm worried. we should be challenging chelski for malouda, should've went in against the scum for nani, not slug it out with man city for benayoun, we have to aim higher than that.
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #73: Jun 27, 2007 07:22:22 pm
      I really thought we were looking for players to improve the starting 11 this summer but it appears not.  Benayoun is a useful player but he is not good enough for a starting place at the club.  chelsea and man ure fans must be pissing themselves at the prospect of yet another summer of mediocre signings at Anfield.  A message must come from Liverpool to the rest that we are stepping up big time and that they should be worried.  I know that La Liga has not long finished but i'm starting to worry that the "talk" from Hicks was just that.  If we go out and sign Benayoun instead of a Sneijder, a Simoa or someone else with european pedigree then i for one will feel pretty let down to be honest.
      redmatt82
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #74: Jul 01, 2007 03:21:11 pm
      would make a good squad player but that would be it, should be going for top players, and do we really need another midfeilder?
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #75: Jul 01, 2007 03:50:26 pm
      would make a good squad player but that would be it, should be going for top players, and do we really need another midfeilder?

I think this deal will only happen if Garcia goes to Atletico, and if he did then I think we could do with Benayoun. He would be handy cover for a number of positions, he can play anywhere across the midfield, same as Garcia. Personally I would rather see our little Luis stay though.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #76: Jul 06, 2007 02:34:54 pm
      the deal looks to be happening as we have agreed to swap benayoun for bellamy plus a bit of cash
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Yossi Benayoun: Villa wants £8m !!
      Reply #77: Jul 06, 2007 03:01:30 pm
      WEST HAM have slapped a staggering £8m valuation on Yossi Benayoun’s head, in a bid to snatch Craig Bellamy from Anfield on the cheap
      From Echo
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #78: Jul 06, 2007 04:01:05 pm
      I like Benayoun and would welcome his addition to the squad but if the reports from the Echo are correct and The Irons are putting a £8m price tag on him they're having a laugh. Thats probably double what the Lad is worth! If these reports are true we need to dig our heals in and not be held to ranson no matter who the player is.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun: Villa wants £8m !!
      Reply #79: Jul 06, 2007 04:55:57 pm
      What West Ham want, and what they will get are two entirely unrelated things.

Let's haggle... £80,000
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #80: Jul 06, 2007 05:20:49 pm
      £8m valuation on Yossi Benayoun’s head

:laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

Is it April Fools day?

Tell you what, we'll buy him at that price if they buy Bellamy off us for £40 million.

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #81: Jul 06, 2007 06:24:56 pm
      They seem to be quite keen to get Cisse in as part of the deal and to be honest as long as we get a fair price for the two of them I don't really mind where they end up, as for trying to get £8m for Benayoun their chairman is clearly deluded and the shenanigans that have gone on over Tevez are easily explained if this is how the club now do business.

I wouldn't mess with him though remember what he did to Flash Gordon!

hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #82: Jul 06, 2007 06:28:25 pm
      not picking hairs but where do villa come into it ?
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #83: Jul 06, 2007 06:38:12 pm
      if we are serious about winning or even getting a Chance to come close to winning anything, with the wingers and wide players utd have then we need to stop thinking about F***ing benayoun,

sell cisse and Bellamy and get straight cash and then go and get x2 wingers  END OFF REALLY.

NOT F***ing BENAYOUN.

we need x2 from the following    simao, Mancini, quarsme or a (wide player for wide roles,,, alves)

that is what we need, not two bob bit players like benyoun if we really want to get serious and win anything,,,,, bottom line to be honest, now its time the F***ing board went for it and add  more big talented players to really put pace and bite into the squad.  even then we need a center half / defender. as well.............

come on you Americans TORRES IS NOT ENOUGH,, we all know that too................
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #84: Jul 06, 2007 06:40:25 pm
      They seem to be quite keen to get Cisse in as part of the deal and to be honest as long as we get a fair price for the two of them I don't really mind where they end up, as for trying to get £8m for Benayoun their chairman is clearly deluded and the shenanigans that have gone on over Tevez are easily explained if this is how the club now do business.

I wouldn't mess with him though remember what he did to Flash Gordon!

:laughing-smiley-014: Classic Mate!

I agree with Crazy Horse on this. Just seen the back of the Echo and if they think we're gonna pay £8m for him they can go f**k off! I'd say he's worth no more than £4m! As much as I think he's a not a bad little player and would bring a little something different to the squad, I wouldn't be too happy if we agree to that price. What message would that send out? Think Rafa needs to stroke his goatie on this one and either decide to use his mind games to get that value down or just sack it off.

REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #85: Jul 06, 2007 07:18:29 pm
      What a joke,everyone has`been ripping off West Ham,there trying there luck with us.forget it hammers.£8m-more like £8 pounds,not LFC class
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #86: Jul 06, 2007 10:08:52 pm
      not picking hairs but where do villa come into it ?

Just what I was thinking ???
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #87: Jul 06, 2007 11:26:59 pm
      Benayoun is definitely not the player we want he has proved nothing so far in his career.  He’s not good enough for the rest of the big boys so how can we accommodate him.  He’s 29 years old he has very little extra potential.  I’d rather spend the money on a young up coming talent than waste any sort of money on this to be a bench warmer.  Its simple we need at least one very talented winger that benitez has made clear and some young and upcoming talent for the position.  We’ll have experience in the name of kewell.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #88: Jul 07, 2007 02:44:12 am

I think maybe Paolo might have mixed Aston Villa up with West Ham because their home kits are a bit similar?
      If there's any hairs to be picked though, it might go along the lines of "there's already a Yossi Benayoun thread"...
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #89: Jul 07, 2007 05:27:16 am
      who?
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #90: Jul 07, 2007 05:31:39 am
      keep dreaming hammers.....
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #91: Jul 07, 2007 08:49:49 am
      I think maybe Paolo might have mixed Aston Villa up with West Ham because their home kits are a bit similar?
      If there's any hairs to be picked though, it might go along the lines of "there's already a Yossi Benayoun thread"...

You're right, I was pissed last night & confused by the Villa comment, so forgot to do anything about it. Merging the topics now.

Quick Reply