Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Have You Ever Been Stopped By The Fuzz (Dealings with the police)

Read 7795 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Have You Ever Been Stopped By The Fuzz (Dealings with the police)
      Reply #23: Apr 01, 2011 01:50:51 pm
      Mate that’s a good story.

I wouldn’t pick a fight with a gay guy, I know a few lads who are, sound guys, look after themselves if you know what I mean.   I go to boxing classes with a lad who is built like a greek god haha, his body fat is less than 3%
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Apr 01, 2011 02:38:16 pm
      Here's the Gaybashing incident !

Again it was in the 80's  involving the owners and bar staff of Antonio's in Barnsley. people of Barnsley traditionally got paid on Thursday's so it always been the big midweek night for going out and Antonio's was THE PLACE TO BE it was heaving on Thursday's, Fridays and Sundays but unbelieveably DEAD on Saturday nights ! everybody preferring the town centre for some reason.

Anyway after closing time and cleaning up we invariably ending up night clubbing somewhere like Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield.
      I'd recently been made redundant from my day job and the owners of the Bar I worked at used to pay me to chauffer them about from the bar to nightclubs and pay for my meals and drinks, I loved it !

The owners (Gay) we're an item so I was safe ! and we're always surrounded by Females (which I revelled in !)
      This particular night we were in the amsterdam Bar in Huddersfield and went onto a night club and after rolling out of the club at about 2-30am we we're walking back to the car 5 males, 4 gay and Me, anyway we were approached by a group of well built males rough as F**k they were, they approached us and asked two of our group if they were Bent (gay)  or not and so to avoid any trouble my friends said no they weren't, so then they approached me (yes your ahead of me already !)
      oy! are thar bent (gay)? to which I replied, who ? me ! nar not me mate ! His reply was swift and painfull 'Ar think thy is !'(Wallop) one bust nose and blood all over ! and off they went.
      MY Friends walked me back into the club to call for the police who arrived very quickly and picked the Gaybashers up further along the road after another battle with some gay men !
      They fetched the police van up to the doors of the club and asked me to identify the the tw*t who was in the back with his mates, which I happliy did as I was sober due to Chauffering !

The out come of all this was after providing a stement at the local nick it was turned 4am before we left for home eventually he ended up in court and got charged with A.B.H. (Actual Bodily Harm) which a lot of people say doesn't actually exist (but does ).
      I was awarded £50 in damages (My F***ing pride hurt more than my nose, I mean 4 gays and me AND I get picked out for a bashing don't know who needed glasse more my assialant or me !)

Anyway in closing may I apologise if anyone has taken offence at any of the terms I have used, it was after all the 80's and a lot of people were ill informed back then !

Professional fag hag...
      That's an impressive CV
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25: Apr 01, 2011 03:07:27 pm
      Once, some mates & I, got jumped by a load of Welsh rugby lads, who were on a 'jolly' in Bristol.  Never really been a huge fighter, so was largely just tying to break it up, pulling people other each other and asking them what the F**k they were doing.  This soon changed when I saw a mate lying prone and then saw his head jumped on.  I lost it, I barreled past two guys, knocking one into the road, the welsh guy was about to bring a boot down on my mates head and instinctively I just grabbed his balls and squeezed, hard.  He went down, screaming in pain.  Felt a punch land on the back of my head, I went down to one knee, but semi spun and was partially facing my attacker,his left arm was with in reach,so I grabbed it, build my self up , lowered by grasp to his fingers and snapped them back.  The other lads were running now, a lot of hotels in the area, shouted at my mate to call an ambulance and then I did the coolest thing I've ever done, I jumped into a taxi at a near by stand and said "Follow those men, they've just cracked my mates head open."  He did, no hesitation.  We followed them for about 5 minutes, saw them go into a hotel, I then got him to take me back to my mates.  The police were there, no ambulance yet.  One walked up to me, I had blood over my shirt, and simply said I was under arrest and proceeded to tell me my 'rights', I was incredulous, trying to explain that I had tried to stop the fight, but it was of no use.  I spent the next hour being processed, taking all my personal items, briefly saw a doctor and then started being questioned, which was brief.  Was told I was in serious trouble. I was calm, I explained what had happened and then was put in a holding cell, laces, belt and my tie all taken from me.  I couldn't sleep, the cot was to uncomfortable and I didn't have any of my pain/anti-inflammatory medications I was taking at the time.  I'll be honest, I was looking forward to the morning, I'd been told by some ruffian elements I knew that you got a good breakfast at the cop shop - they'd lied to me, no breakfast, but I got a cup of coffee and was questioned further, it went on for about 45 minutes, I was told that my story kind of matched up, but I'd caused some ABH on two of the 'assailants', I'd broken the fingers of one guy, the other I'd actually popped his testicle and was likely to be charged, then a knock on the door.  Some whispering, I heard 'CCTV' mentioned and that was all.  The cop who'd been questioning me, sat down and with what looked and sounded like disappointment said that new evidence had come to light and I was free to go.  It was surreal.  I wish I'd seen that evidence and what had cleared me.  I, for once, was glad (and lucky) that Big Brother was watching me.

My mate spent the next 4 weeks in hospital with a fractured skull and has never been the same man since. It ended up going to court, I attended as I was going to be a witness.  Was never called, 4-5 hours into the case, they changed their plea to guilty and got 2 years.  

The only other times I recall being stopped by the fuzz was on a munchie run. My mate & I had spent Saturday getting very drunk & stoned and we needed some sustenance.  The all-night garage was a 6-7 minute walk away.  We were stopped 4 times by 3 different set of coppers and to be honest, our language alone when we were stopped the third and fourth time, which was the repeat visit by the second stoppers, could have escalated the situation.  Never found out who they were looking for or for why though.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #26: Apr 02, 2011 10:03:23 pm
      The worst thing to happen to me regarding the cops was in the summer of 1988, I'd been with my ex-wife but not married to her at the time for 4 yrs.
      She had previously been married and had two girls which I've subsequently brought up as mine since then, we had had our own son in Nov 87.

In August of '88 Dean was crying a lot and wouldn't sleep, so around 9pm that same night we called for an emergency doctor who advised taking him to A&E, which we did they eventually x-rayed him and within 2hrs the police were there as they'ed found an hairline fracture of the skull !

We were seperated and individually interviewed and it was put to us that one of us had done the damage and how well did we really know our partner?, had we done it ourselves ? its was the most traumatic and frightening situation I've ever found myself in.

We both found ourselves questioning each others loyalty, but at the same time specially trained female police officers were interviewng the girls.

On completion of the interviews it transpired that the youngest, Aged 6 at the time had watched her mother and me removing Dean from his playpen by placing our hands under his armpits and lifting him clear of the pen. she in turn had tried to replicate this and accidently dropped him, catching his head  on the the stone Hearth fire surround which caused the Hairline fracture.
      Beween them the two daughters managed to replace him in the playpen and then denied all knowledge to me and their mother !

So eventually we were released without any charges but it sure put a strain on our relationship for a while, what also makes me wonder is whether the records have been deleted ?
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 04, 2011 04:06:57 pm
      i was on my way home from work one night and i was followed by a car all the way home, i turned down my street and the car followed then i noticed it was a cop car, there stopped me outide my house and asked me to take a breathaliser and gave me a ticking off just cos i was doing 33 in a 30 zone, how pathetic is that
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #28: Apr 04, 2011 04:10:04 pm
      i was on my way home from work one night and i was followed by a car all the way home, i turned down my street and the car followed then i noticed it was a cop car, there stopped me outide my house and asked me to take a breathaliser and gave me a ticking off just cos i was doing 33 in a 30 zone, how pathetic is that

Traffic cops - Arseholes.

All about stats for them rather than real police work.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #29: Apr 04, 2011 04:13:27 pm
      The worst thing to happen to me regarding the cops was in the summer of 1988, I'd been with my ex-wife but not married to her at the time for 4 yrs.
      She had previously been married and had two girls which I've subsequently brought up as mine since then, we had had our own son in Nov 87.

In August of '88 Dean was crying a lot and wouldn't sleep, so around 9pm that same night we called for an emergency doctor who advised taking him to A&E, which we did they eventually x-rayed him and within 2hrs the police were there as they'ed found an hairline fracture of the skull !

We were seperated and individually interviewed and it was put to us that one of us had done the damage and how well did we really know our partner?, had we done it ourselves ? its was the most traumatic and frightening situation I've ever found myself in.

We both found ourselves questioning each others loyalty, but at the same time specially trained female police officers were interviewng the girls.

On completion of the interviews it transpired that the youngest, Aged 6 at the time had watched her mother and me removing Dean from his playpen by placing our hands under his armpits and lifting him clear of the pen. she in turn had tried to replicate this and accidently dropped him, catching his head  on the the stone Hearth fire surround which caused the Hairline fracture.
      Beween them the two daughters managed to replace him in the playpen and then denied all knowledge to me and their mother !

So eventually we were released without any charges but it sure put a strain on our relationship for a while, what also makes me wonder is whether the records have been deleted ?

Bloody hell.  Scary story.

I remember taking my boy to the hospital when he was 2 and sprained his ankle, obviously he had just started running so was full of bruises.  I have never been grilled so much by a doctor.  Still, it was around the awful Baby P time and rather that than not noticing it at all.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #30: Apr 04, 2011 05:01:17 pm
      That reminds me actually. When I was working for Toyota, I used to 2 weeks of days followed by 2 weeks of nights. One Saturday morning I was driving home from work and got to within a couple of miles of my house and I think it was about 03:45. I got pulled over by the Police and the only explanation they had for doing so was that I was out driving at that time! I was sat there in my Toyota lease car and named uniform as they told me this and I still had to explain who I worked for, what shifts I worked and where I was heading. Good job they didn't get the breathaliser out of it might have tipped me over the edge!
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #31: Apr 04, 2011 05:29:25 pm
      yh id finished work around 2 in the morning, there was asking me loads of questions about where ive been etc, ive only been driving a few months aswell so i was crapping myself when the lights started flashing, there was up my arse all the way home, i wouldnt be suprised if there where trying to scare me so i speed up, there should be catching the real criminals not been petty pulling people over for nowt
      LFCexiled
      Reply #32: Apr 05, 2011 10:46:15 am

In August of '88 Dean was crying a lot and wouldn't sleep, so around 9pm that same night we called for an emergency doctor who advised taking him to A&E, which we did they eventually x-rayed him and within 2hrs the police were there as they'ed found an hairline fracture of the skull !

That could have gone so much worse Frizz, if the girls had stuck to their story who knows what would have happened.

As regards the records, I wouldn't think they've been deleted mate but I wouldn't worry about it. It's a clear cut case and if they had an inkling that they never got the full story they'd have been back.

I'm not sure if you feel lucky with the end result but you hear of so many sad stories of innocent parents losing there kids to care for things like this.

As regards the topic, I was a little bit of a delinquent in my youth and one of the times I was nicked was quite funny, involving Police being very bored on a quiet night.

Got to nip out but I'll post a bit later.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Apr 05, 2011 11:30:22 am
      The day my father left, I had to fetch the police.  I had no choice to be honest. My parents were having another blazing row and I'd simply had enough.  Both had gotten violent with each other in  the past and I was at breaking point.   I was 11 years old and constantly being brought into their fights, sometimes being woken up in the middle of the night to 'Stuart, tell your mother/father......".  I remember good times as well, but I always recall their relationship being strained, from a young age.   My mother's mental health was beginning to fray as well and she'd spend years sorting herself out after the divorce and if I completely honest, never fully recovered from her problems.  I knocked on the bedroom door and got a "WHAT" shouted at me by both of them.  I took that as an OK to enter and said I needed to talk. To be fair to them, they looked worried, possibly by what I was going to say, thinking it involved me.  I then just poured my heart out, told them that their endless bickering was taking me to the edge and ended with "I think it's best if you leave Dad".

For what seemed like hours, was maybe minutes but probably seconds, silence reigned.  My Father agreed, my mother got hysterical and despite the previous argument in which she had clearly stated the hatred she felt, she was now professing love and begging him not to go, I held my mother and tried to calm her.  I don't think either know how hard it was for me to say, my mother definitely doesn't, My Pa and I have other issues that are healing, but I don't think he understands fully, to this day, but our relationship is improving.  A few minutes more and my dad gets up and goes to the loft, my mother goes completely nuts, she pulls the ladder free, my father is left hanging from the loft, above the stairs, my mum swinging him, if he falls, they both will tumble down the stairs.  I look back on this whole thing comically now, it's hilarious, as long as I disconnect my self from the situation, but I feel my mum would have killed my father to stop him leaving, if given the chance that day.  My dad pulled himself up into the loft. My mother would not move, know spitting venomous barbs at both me and my father, a lost look in her eyes.  My dad tries o get out and she's on him, pawing for his legs.  I've had enough, I go downstairs & pick up the phone.  It's not working, I know why, it was used as a projectile last night, thrown at my dad by my mother for some unknown reason.

I go out the back jump on my bike and cycle to the nearest pay phone, the familiar, ammonia filled stench of urine hits my nostrils and as was typical of them, it had been vandalized, no phone left.  I was now stuck with a choice, the next phone box I knew of was just a little closer, but in a different direction from the cop shop.  I went to the police, I couldn't believe it had come to this, but it had and I raced there, pedaling as fast as I could, which was a mistake, as I was now in tears, distressed beyond belief and it took a good ten minutes to calm down and relate my tale and then I was in a police car.  We arrived at my house to find my mother swinging from my fathers legs, who was just managing to support himself in the loft, if we'd been minutes later, my father has admitted, he doesn't think he could have held on. 

The WPC takes my mother away to the kitchen, the PC takes my father to the bedroom.  I don't remember much else, it takes hours though, it's gone tea time, my younger brother has come home from football training to this mess, my mother starts getting hysterical again.  The PC helps my father pack.  I know my mother's ill, I want to go with my father,my father wants me and my brother to come with him.  I explain I can't, he nods, he knows I think, but he can't stay.  He is gone, the PC takes me and my brother to the shops to get some things for tea, the WPC stays with my mother.  He was kind the copper, he listened, but he didn't get it all, not the full story.  My mother let her anger out on me for 2 years after that.  In the end, my father getting custody made her seek help, it was a condition of her access, but I refused to see her for some time, I needed a break and I'd built up some anger and resentment of my own. I'm glad I didn't leave that day though.  My mum wouldn't have coped, she'd not be here.  I never even asked those coppers their names and as much as I lost that day, I think I gained more and they both deserve praise for teh help they gave me that day a private chat with the PC that day, which will remain private, gave me strength and resolve about the whole mess.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34: Apr 05, 2011 11:38:29 am
      The day my father left, I had to fetch the police.  I had no choice to be honest. My parents were having another blazing row and I'd simply had enough.  Both had gotten violent with each other in  the past and I was at breaking point.   I was 11 years old and constantly being brought into their fights, sometimes being woken up in the middle of the night to 'Stuart, tell your mother/father......".  I remember good times as well, but I always recall their relationship being strained, from a young age.   My mother's mental health was beginning to fray as well and she'd spend years sorting herself out after the divorce and if I completely honest, never fully recovered from her problems.  I knocked on the bedroom door and got a "WHAT" shouted at me by both of them.  I took that as an OK to enter and said I needed to talk. To be fair to them, they looked worried, possibly by what I was going to say, thinking it involved me.  I then just poured my heart out, told them that their endless bickering was taking me to the edge and ended with "I think it's best if you leave Dad".

For what seemed like hours, was maybe minutes but probably seconds, silence reigned.  My Father agreed, my mother got hysterical and despite the previous argument in which she had clearly stated the hatred she felt, she was now professing love and begging him not to go, I held my mother and tried to calm her.  I don't think either know how hard it was for me to say, my mother definitely doesn't, My Pa and I have other issues that are healing, but I don't think he understands fully, to this day, but our relationship is improving.  A few minutes more and my dad gets up and goes to the loft, my mother goes completely nuts, she pulls the ladder free, my father is left hanging from the loft, above the stairs, my mum swinging him, if he falls, they both will tumble down the stairs.  I look back on this whole thing comically now, it's hilarious, as long as I disconnect my self from the situation, but I feel my mum would have killed my father to stop him leaving, if given the chance that day.  My dad pulled himself up into the loft. My mother would not move, know spitting venomous barbs at both me and my father, a lost look in her eyes.  My dad tries o get out and she's on him, pawing for his legs.  I've had enough, I go downstairs & pick up the phone.  It's not working, I know why, it was used as a projectile last night, thrown at my dad by my mother for some unknown reason.

I go out the back jump on my bike and cycle to the nearest pay phone, the familiar, ammonia filled stench of urine hits my nostrils and as was typical of them, it had been vandalized, no phone left.  I was now stuck with a choice, the next phone box I knew of was just a little closer, but in a different direction from the cop shop.  I went to the police, I couldn't believe it had come to this, but it had and I raced there, pedaling as fast as I could, which was a mistake, as I was now in tears, distressed beyond belief and it took a good ten minutes to calm down and relate my tale and then I was in a police car.  We arrived at my house to find my mother swinging from my fathers legs, who was just managing to support himself in the loft, if we'd been minutes later, my father has admitted, he doesn't think he could have held on. 

The WPC takes my mother away to the kitchen, the PC takes my father to the bedroom.  I don't remember much else, it takes hours though, it's gone tea time, my younger brother has come home from football training to this mess, my mother starts getting hysterical again.  The PC helps my father pack.  I know my mother's ill, I want to go with my father,my father wants me and my brother to come with him.  I explain I can't, he nods, he knows I think, but he can't stay.  He is gone, the PC takes me and my brother to the shops to get some things for tea, the WPC stays with my mother.  He was kind the copper, he listened, but he didn't get it all, not the full story.  My mother let her anger out on me for 2 years after that.  In the end, my father getting custody made her seek help, it was a condition of her access, but I refused to see her for some time, I needed a break and I'd built up some anger and resentment of my own. I'm glad I didn't leave that day though.  My mum wouldn't have coped, she'd not be here.  I never even asked those coppers their names and as much as I lost that day, I think I gained more and they both deserve praise for teh help they gave me that day a private chat with the PC that day, which will remain private, gave me strength and resolve about the whole mess.

That's a powerful story Rodders mate!

Teary eyed and all absolutely touching stuff.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #35: Apr 05, 2011 12:33:35 pm

Rodders mate, that is so touching !
      as much as you think like I dd that my own problem with Deans accident we're bad enough there's nothing so upsetting as a family split my Parents we're only seperated when my father died,so I can't begin to imagine how you felt at the time although my own marriage broke up when Dean was also 11yrs old !
      there wsn't any violence involved (she just left her own 2 kids, 1 newly born granchild and Dean to be with her boss ) but I'm no wiser as to how Dean felt at the time time !

LFCexiled
      Reply #36: Apr 05, 2011 02:07:41 pm
      I don't think I'll tell my 'quite funny' story after that.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #37: Apr 05, 2011 07:59:29 pm
      Blimey Stuart, you had a tough time there, my eyes are streaming.....you were brave in doing what you did. That must have been such a difficult moment for you and your brother. I hope your Mother managed to get herself sorted out.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #38: Apr 05, 2011 08:07:22 pm
      I'm guilty of skipping past that story earlier due to the length of it but I'm glad I took the time to come back to it. Hell of a story there, Rodders.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39: Apr 05, 2011 09:57:59 pm
      I'm Scouse of course i have ;)

Seriously though, nothing serious. Had a headlight out and got pulled for that, over took a police car in a 60 because it was doing 40, they weren't happy about that and got pulled over in bloody traffic once for having my music on too loud, they weren't having it that it is a must when Kings of Leon are on!.

Oh and for having a slash in a river on a night out....I really needed a wee, i hope they understood, when you've gotta go you've gotta go.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #40: Apr 06, 2011 12:04:09 am
      Rodders mate, that is so touching !
      as much as you think like I dd that my own problem with Deans accident we're bad enough there's nothing so upsetting as a family split my Parents we're only seperated when my father died,so I can't begin to imagine how you felt at the time although my own marriage broke up when Dean was also 11yrs old !
      there wsn't any violence involved (she just left her own 2 kids, 1 newly born granchild and Dean to be with her boss ) but I'm no wiser as to how Dean felt at the time time !

Blimey Stuart, you had a tough time there, my eyes are streaming.....you were brave in doing what you did. That must have been such a difficult moment for you and your brother. I hope your Mother managed to get herself sorted out.
      I'm guilty of skipping past that story earlier due to the length of it but I'm glad I took the time to come back to it. Hell of a story there, Rodders.
      That's a powerful story Rodders mate!

Teary eyed and all absolutely touching stuff.

Thanks for all the support, didn't mean to bring this thread down.  I've only told the full story once before, to a close friend, but boy, typing that out was cathartic.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #41: Apr 06, 2011 09:38:31 am
      No problems Rodders, I Started the thread for peoples dealings with the police My first post was comical to a point, yours was sad ! thats the way things go, I had an harrowing experience which I posted about whether they're good or bad experiences this is the place for them !
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #42: Apr 06, 2011 01:01:49 pm
      Been handcuffed twice both times for fighting in town. First time got issued a subpoena and  had to fight an assault charge as I beat the sh*t out of this dick head that picked on my mate who was alot smaller then him and the assault on him was unprovoked. Fought off the charge and got away with a formal warning in court, thank F**k for CCTV that proved the guy instigated it all.

Second time was an all in brawl about 7 on 7 we all got handcuffed and taken back to the station got questioned but nothing came out of it. Needless to say after my first official warning I am skating on very thin ice and avoid fights like the plaque.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #43: Apr 06, 2011 07:29:32 pm
      All the time, but the funniest was one time I was riding along with my mate in his car.  Fast and the Furious had just come out so the latest thing was doing up your rides, drag racing, drifting etc.  My friend had spent a fortune doing up his car and had the paperwork for it all.  Driving to meet up with some girls, two cops pulled us up and spent a good 45 minutes defecting the car and lecturing us about the dangers of street racing.  After the final write up, my mate asked why he was receiving the notices, the cop explained we needed certificates from engineers and mechanics for all the work done to the car.  With a sh*t-eating grin on his face, he opens his glovebox and daftly asks "you mean these ones?".

Quick Reply