Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Rafael Benitez wants four more years at Liverpool

Read 9014 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Rafael Benitez wants four more years at Liverpool
      Reply #92: May 22, 2010 03:14:34 pm
      I think a lot of fans have that problem, much more than Rafa.

I understand that Lucas is not Xabi, I also understand that he does not possess any of the attributes that Xabi had that made him successful in the role of deep lying play maker, thats why I don't envisage Lucas getting much game time, however if Mascherano leaves then I could see the chances of game time vastly improving as he'd be utilised as the holding midfielder no doubt.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #93: May 22, 2010 03:32:39 pm
      Yes rafa!
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #94: May 22, 2010 05:37:45 pm
      How can you so sure if he's given large amounts of money, we will win premierleague?
      Look at Real Madrid, do they win anything after spending so much money?

Your right they didn't win the league. But, if you bothered to look into it. You will see, they broke a shed load of records in not doing so. They are competing with aguably the best team in the world. Players do not gell overnight. They will come together next season mark my words. The experience will do them good. Why else would Barcelona be spending sh*te load of cash to strenghten next season?
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #95: May 22, 2010 05:42:24 pm
      I don't think we have any major changes in formation and tactics, it's still the same since day 1, the only difference is that Rafa can't seem to understand that Lucas is not Xabi Alonso

A lot of people overlook we also lost Arbeloa. He was solid for us at right back the season we almost won the title. He gave us important balance at right back. Knew when to go forwards and when to stay back.

We also lost Hyypia, a man mountain in defence. It was his attacking of the ball that kept utd out when we thumped them 4-1 at the theatre of sh*te. He didn't play many games that season, but we rarely lost with him in the team. I think his days were numbered when he gave a penalty away in the 4-4 draw at Chelsea during the champions league. It was obivious then he was becoming to slow and a liability in defence if he played too much. Which, unfotunately for us, is what he wanted.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #96: May 22, 2010 05:50:16 pm
      Your right they didn't win the league. But, if you bothered to look into it. You will see, they broke a shed load of records in not doing so. They are competing with aguably the best team in the world. Players do not gell overnight. They will come together next season mark my words. The experience will do them good. Why else would Barcelona be spending sh*te load of cash to strenghten next season?
      Someone said they couldn't win because of their current manager.
      I would suggest they take Rafa as their manager. You agree?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #97: May 22, 2010 09:54:25 pm
      Because we are engaged in a battle for the future of our football club against a gang of absolute cu*ts, and we need as many people within the club to be on our side as possible; Rafael Benitez is on our side, he's one of us, and if you're too short-sighted to see that, and you care more about a 1-0 defeat away to Wigan, then you need to reassess your priorities.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #98: May 22, 2010 10:04:26 pm
      Rafa won't manage richer club like Real Madrid, cos he knows he could be sacked anytime if he could not perform as expected.
      I challenge Rafa now to manage big club with much money than Liverpool.
      The best thing Liverpool board can do now, sell those sh*t players and use the money to sack Rafa and get another manager.
      That's why Rafa wants assurance money raise to sell player directly re-invested to the squad, he's f_cking worries if Yanks could use the money to sack him.
      Rafa would hardly win you premierleague even he get another 4, or 40 years, because he believes only spend big can win it.

Rafa won't be going to Real, Mourinho will be announced as their new manager next week.
      Might start a bit of managerial musical chairs.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #99: May 22, 2010 10:50:48 pm

Even when they win they F**k off their managers. sh*te example is Real, but wouldn't expect anything less from you.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #100: May 23, 2010 02:40:29 pm

In a poll of Madrid fans they wanted Rafa as second choice. Capello was first. Food for thought.

In answer to your question. No, i wan't him to have another season at Liverpool.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #101: May 23, 2010 02:43:03 pm
      Rafa won't manage richer club like Real Madrid, cos he knows he could be sacked anytime if he could not perform as expected.
      I challenge Rafa now to manage big club with much money than Liverpool.
      The best thing Liverpool board can do now, sell those sh*t players and use the money to sack Rafa and get another manager.
      That's why Rafa wants assurance money raise to sell player directly re-invested to the squad, he's f_cking worries if Yanks could use the money to sack him.
      Rafa would hardly win you premierleague even he get another 4, or 40 years, because he believes only spend big can win it.

Care to add when the last time was a team won the league, that didn't spend big?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #102: May 23, 2010 03:38:15 pm
      I think people need to put aside their beliefs on Benitez now, it looks very much like he is staying so nows the time to get behind the manager and players and look to next season, we may have conflicting views on many things, but the goal we all share is to see Liverpool F.C once again become successful so like it or lump it at this present time Rafael Benitez is the man associated with that task so for me he gets my support.

This is ultimately what people should be taking on board. Along with this, we have a huge task to save our club from death at the hands of rapist owners.

How people continue to cry and moan about Rafa without putting as much or more effort into (at the very least) voicing their thoughts on the owners is just totally baffling.

Rafa wants to stay under the current regime. That to me says he wants to fight for us. He's on our side so he gets my support.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #103: May 23, 2010 03:47:28 pm
      Because we are engaged in a battle for the future of our football club against a gang of absolute cu*ts, and we need as many people within the club to be on our side as possible; Rafael Benitez is on our side, he's one of us, and if you're too short-sighted to see that, and you care more about a 1-0 defeat away to Wigan, then you need to reassess your priorities.

Well said mate.

Shits me seeing Reading, Wigan, Portsmouth etc. being used to beat him with a stick when other big clubs fail to lesser teams also.

Its Rafa v Owners. If you pick the owners over him then your literally screwed in the head.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #104: May 23, 2010 03:59:11 pm
      This is ultimately what people should be taking on board. Along with this, we have a huge task to save our club from death at the hands of rapist owners.

How people continue to cry and moan about Rafa without putting as much or more effort into (at the very least) voicing their thoughts on the owners is just totally baffling.

Rafa wants to stay under the current regime. That to me says he wants to fight for us. He's on our side so he gets my support.

Is right Kenny mate, Rafa Benitez what ever his pro's and cons seems to be the only one at management level that has a genuine love of the club and the fans, his desire to remain and work under the constraints placed upon him is testament to the man he is and I have no doubts if he is backed in the transfer market he'll have us back competing.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #105: May 23, 2010 07:35:13 pm

Ya reckon.  ;D

Quick Reply