Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Our Top 5 of Academy

Read 2802 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Re: Our Top 5 of Academy
      Reply #23: May 24, 2010 10:45:11 am
      What about Lauri Dalla Valle ? He is meant to be an awesome prospect as well.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #24: May 24, 2010 10:47:03 am
      Our Academy has produced nothing in the last 10 years and has proved to be a complete waste of time and money for those involved. The money wasted on that place could have spent much more wisely.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: May 24, 2010 01:09:28 pm
      Dalla Valle is a great little goal poacher. Needs to work on his physical game though as much of the modern game is about being strong and athletic but this kid has great positional awareness and is a natural goal scorer. I think he was only left off our list as he has been playing in the reserves this year
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26: May 25, 2010 08:52:19 pm
      I think Dalla Valle, N'Goo, Sterling and Ince have the most potential. I like watching N'Goo running with the ball, I always wonder how he doesn't trip over his own big legs. :D
      Seattlered
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #27: May 26, 2010 12:30:58 am
      Our Academy has produced nothing in the last 10 years and has proved to be a complete waste of time and money for those involved. The money wasted on that place could have spent much more wisely.

I'd agree that we haven't had anyone come through recently. Although the youth system has been revamped in the last year or so. We have brought in some great new prospects such as Sterling, shelvey, hopefully Wilson and Pacheco. That's a very short list of some great young players. I believe under Rafa's hand and the new youth set up we could have some very exciting players coming through in the next few seasons.
                    Its silly to say the money could have been used elsewhere because for the most part the new players are purchesed with the money from the sales of other youth. For example the sale of San Jose, who we purchased for less than £700k was sold for around £2.6m. That money is most likely to go to funding the purchase of shelvey and Wilson. Both who already have 20 plus games of first team football, albeit in a lower league or team.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #28: May 31, 2010 08:30:20 pm
      Bruna plays in the reserves. Signed from Real Madrid and was held in as high a regard as Pacheco was at Barcelona. Been hit and miss this year. Seemed to lose interest in games very easily but does have quality
      I hope he gets a chance in the prem :-\
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: May 31, 2010 09:03:07 pm
      I hope he comes back next year with some fire in his belly otherwise he could leave before he becomes the next Babel. Needs some hunger if he is going to progress
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #30: May 31, 2010 10:36:04 pm
      What about Hobbs? He's the captain of the team and their best player with just 21 years.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2010 10:44:09 pm by miguelred »
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #31: Jun 01, 2010 01:21:54 am
      I hope he comes back next year with some fire in his belly otherwise he could leave before he becomes the next Babel. Needs some hunger if he is going to progress
      How come your such an expert mate ?
      Do you go and watch the reserves ?  :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Jun 01, 2010 08:10:38 am
      I wish. I live in Ireland. I do watch every youth and reserve game during the season. I have LFCTV so I record all the games and watch them on saturday mornings. . . Theses some useless information for you
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Jun 01, 2010 08:13:01 am
      I am pretty sure that we sold Hobbs Miguel. There is even a thread on here called the one that got away that refers to him
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #34: Jun 01, 2010 11:24:46 am
      What about Hobbs? He's the captain of the team and their best player with just 21 years.

Signed permanently for Leicester I think.

Quick Reply