Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

New England Captain:- Stevie Gerrard

Read 9810 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,288 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: New England Captain:- Stevie Gerrard
      Reply #69: Jun 05, 2010 11:28:07 am
      Can't work some of you folk out  :mad: If your English you should care. Doesn't matter whether your a manc, scouser, bluenose yorkshire man or what! Were English and should be proud of it. If Mancs and Scousers can't get together on this one then theres no hope for anyone.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #70: Jun 05, 2010 11:43:36 am
      Bullshit mate, the world cup is the hardest cup competition there is. F**k me, its so difficult England have never even won a European cup. Think what you like guys, but i'm English and my country comes first everytime.

PS, how would any of you guys know unless you were around when England last won it.

Not bullshit at all mate I'm patriotic yes, but does my love of the National team come before the love of Liverpool F.C ?

The simple answer is not a F***ing chance.

I'd like England to do well, I'd like them to win the World Cup, but would I like that more than for us to win the League next year ?

The answer is no, I'd much rather we win the league next year.

I have an emotional investment in Liverpool F.C that drags my arse on to this very forum the very moment I drag it out of bed that I do not have in the National team, so it's Liverpool first and National team second for me mate.

And thats no Bull sh*t
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #71: Jun 05, 2010 12:16:53 pm
      author=keith singleton link=topic=30583.msg685504#msg685504 date=1275733687]
      Can't work some of you folk out  :mad:
      It's called insularity Keith and it's a mindset that has been forced on people by the self seeking governments of this country since I can remember.
      The result is a rejection of national identity and an indirect result is an indifference to national sport in this case football.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #72: Jun 05, 2010 12:19:54 pm
      It's called insularity Keith and it's a mindset that has been forced on people by the self seeking governments of this country since I can remember.
      The result is a rejection of national identity and an indirect result is an indifference to national sport in this case football.

Not me mate, i love international footy. It gets better when you lower expectation and stop buying into the hype.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,288 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #73: Jun 05, 2010 12:27:28 pm

Come again stuey  ;D ??? i thought this was a football forum  :lmao:

Ps... Its about opinions mate, obviously we differ on this one.

Good luck.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #74: Jun 05, 2010 01:28:29 pm
      Not bullshit at all mate I'm patriotic yes, but does my love of the National team come before the love of Liverpool F.C ?

The simple answer is not a F***ing chance.

I'd like England to do well, I'd like them to win the World Cup, but would I like that more than for us to win the League next year ?

The answer is no, I'd much rather we win the league next year.

I have an emotional investment in Liverpool F.C that drags my arse on to this very forum the very moment I drag it out of bed that I do not have in the National team, so it's Liverpool first and National team second for me mate.

And thats no Bull sh*t

Some one just gave me a neg for that post stating "i know it was you, stop being a poof." ????

Was I tickling your arse hole and ball bag when I typed that or something ?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #75: Jun 05, 2010 02:10:47 pm
      For all those yapping about being English or Scouse try here

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=30590.25

For those who wish to talk about Stevie becoming England Captain carry on..

:ontopic:
      Jpm3
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #76: Jun 05, 2010 07:12:21 pm
      Gerrard should have been captain anyway!!!!!!....... Go get em Stevie!!!!!!
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #77: Jun 05, 2010 07:55:25 pm
      Good I like it. Always thought he should have got the armband anyway when Terry was removed.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #78: Jun 06, 2010 06:00:29 am
      Losing Rio Ferdinand is devastating but at least we've got Steven Gerrard the Gladiator

The moment I heard about Rio Ferdinand's cruel injury, my mind raced back to Wembley Stadium two weeks ago. I chatted with the Manchester United star for 15 minutes after the game against Mexico, and have never seen him more excited, focused or proud.

'Being England captain is the biggest thing that's ever happened to me,' he said.

'I still pinch myself, to be honest. But I'm ready for it.' I've known Rio for a few years now, and he's a great guy - funny, much smarter than you might think, impressively honest and a wonderfully talented footballer.
      To see his dream of leading England in a World Cup so heartbreakingly shattered is devastating for him, his team-mates, and for everyone who cares that we win the tournament.

Make no mistake, he's going to be a massive loss both on the pitch and in the dressing room. But lost he is. And we are where we are. Which brings me to new captain Steven Gerrard.

Rarely in the field of footballing conflict has so much now rested on one pair of shoulders. I've always been a massive fan of the Liverpool skipper.

He's a brilliant player and a loyal one, too. But he's not had a great season, his form for England has never been as good as his club game, and his critics have begun to multiply.

So suddenly being thrown the armband on the eve of the world's biggest soccer competition is a huge moment for him.

But it's a challenge I believe Gerrard can rise to. I remember watching that famous Champions League final against AC Milan, when Liverpool were three goals down and seemingly shot to pieces. Gerrard came out for that second half looking like Russell Crowe in Gladiator after his family were wiped out.

And he personally drove Liverpool to one of the greatest comebacks of all time with a rampaging display of raw power, determination, ferocity and utter refusal to admit defeat. He won the Man of the Match award and later received the UEFA Club Footballer of the Year award.

But he's never, for reasons I can't really fathom, quite hit those heights again on the biggest stages. And that's allowed the snipers to niggle away at his supposed lack of guts, desire and will to be the best of the best. I'm not buying any of that guff.

Steven Gerrard proved to me in that astonishing match against Milan that when the chips are down, and it really matters, he can deliver. And any man that can do that once, can do it again.

So don't be surprised if when we line up against the United States, our captain grabs a microphone and bellows: 'My name is Stevius Georgius Gerrardus, Commander of the Army of England, General of the Three Lions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Fabius Capellius.

Brother to an injured colleague. And I will have my vengeance, in this match or the next.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1284271/Piers-Morgan-Losing-Rio-Ferdinand-devastating-weve-got-Steven-Gerrard.html

Love the comparison he makes. :laugh:
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #79: Jun 06, 2010 09:20:14 am
      Good luck Stevie lad
      God moves in mysterious ways
      First game..
      Kick some Yank arse!!!!!!!!
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #80: Jun 06, 2010 09:54:56 am
      Steven Gerrard is our captain,
      Steven Gerrard is a red,
      Steven Gerrard plays for Liverpool'
      A Scouser born and bred.

Two Dogs fightin' actually. We used to be called woolybacks in the seventies when we had a bevvie in town. Many cracked skulls later we are known as two dogs. Special area for footballers is the borough of Knowsley and a few fighters among them. Steven, Peter Reid, he was in our class, Steve McMahon, Jimmy Case, Terry McDermott, Davie Fairclough, Alan Waddle, a geordie but bevvied in the Quiet Man, Chris Pile, bet you don't know him. You should, he has a Euro winners medal with LFC. Joey Barton, Micky Quinn, Tony Hibbert, Lee Trundle, Karl Connolly, David Nugent, Whose dad was known as Fats and played for several Huyton teams in goal, fat cat. Talking of fat, John O'Leary, the best amateur player never to play pro. Confirmed by Bobby "The Manc tw*t" Charlton in his book. The Martindales, including Victor the Dad who nutmegged me to death when he was 53, the b***ard and still was too slow to run round me and get the ball but made me look a right dickhead, David Riddler, John Murphy, Chris Shuker, Tony Kaye of the betting scandal of the sixties lived in a corpy house round the corner and drove a big white Zephyr, no one had a car then round our way. Blue nose t**t. Many many more I have missed and Bill Shankly only lived 3.9 miles from 2 dogs. My hero. Good luck Steven, my reason for supporting England for the first time..
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #81: Jun 06, 2010 10:40:00 am
      And, if by some miracle England do win the World Cup. Stevie still wouldn't pick it up as captain. They'd make f**king Beckham walk out and pick it up.
      You know the "establishment" so well
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #82: Jun 06, 2010 11:20:47 am
      Good for Stevie's confidence I think. Hope the Liverpool lads do well at the world cup, still don't want England to win it though :P

Quick Reply