Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Lets be honest, this take over is a sham designed to buy the owners time.

Read 6495 times
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 747 posts | -3 
      Re: Lets be honest, this take over is a sham designed to buy the owners time.
      Reply #46: May 31, 2010 03:43:46 pm
      Is right mate,his quote was "within a matter of months".Basically means f*ck all,especially with Hick's subsequent comments of 12-18 months wait for their right price.IMO only RBS can resolve this impasse,by calling in the loan on the due date.This may well see us suffer the same fate as Hick's other sports interests,but of course that has not bothered him to date,even in his own backyard.Am I wrong in assuming that we have to step up the "anti" overhere before it's too late?

Yep, but's it's disheartening seeing more people interested in slagging or praising the manager than showing more concern for removing the owners.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: May 31, 2010 06:30:54 pm
      Lets be honest here, you could picket and protest at Anfield 24/7 and it would not deter these two F**k wits one bit, I'd go as far as saying it will be of even more detriment to finding new owners in all honesty, I mean who wants to take on a club with a massively exaggerated valuation with troublesome fans ?

Now I use the word troublesome fans loosely as where we may think we are doing the right thing potential buyers may be put off by such protests, the only way we can do anything really is to have one off well arranged protests and spread awareness.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #48: May 31, 2010 06:54:33 pm
      Lets be honest here, you could picket and protest at Anfield 24/7 and it would not deter these two f**k wits one bit, I'd go as far as saying it will be of even more detriment to finding new owners in all honesty, I mean who wants to take on a club with a massively exaggerated valuation with troublesome fans ?

Now I use the word troublesome fans loosely as where we may think we are doing the right thing potential buyers may be put off by such protests, the only way we can do anything really is to have one off well arranged protests and spread awareness.

Something similar was mentioned in the press a few weeks ago mate - that the protests are putting off potential buyers, my take on it was it was Purslime having a dig.

Just a suggestion here but if we are organising a march through Liverpool on July 4th how about we try to have something similar in Hicks hometown, join forces with the Stars and Rangers fans.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #49: May 31, 2010 07:30:42 pm
      Something similar was mentioned in the press a few weeks ago mate - that the protests are putting off potential buyers, my take on it was it was Purslime having a dig.

Just a suggestion here but if we are organising a march through Liverpool on July 4th how about we try to have something similar in Hicks hometown, join forces with the Stars and Rangers fans.

The only thing putting off potential buyers right now is the ridiculous price tag Hicks has put on the club. I can't see anyone meeting the valuation. Why would they? The clubs in a mess financially. The team needs players and the club needs a new stadium. The true valuation of this is over a billion easily.

I like the idea of joining forces with the other fans. Maybe our american posters could help us out. Hicks has already said he doesn't like his privacy breached. Imagine how much that would put the wind up him having it on his own doorstep.  ;D

I remember one of the american lads saying there was a Liverpool supporters group in New York. They have some clout be the sounds of things. They had (i think) some commentator resign because of his comments about Hillsborough being Liverpool fans fault.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #50: May 31, 2010 07:37:46 pm
      The only thing putting off potential buyers right now is the ridiculous price tag Hicks has put on the club. I can't see anyone meeting the valuation. Why would they? The clubs in a mess financially. The team needs players and the club needs a new stadium. The true valuation of this is over a billion easily.

I like the idea of joining forces with the other fans. Maybe our american posters could help us out. Hicks has already said he doesn't like his privacy breached. Imagine how much that would put the wind up him having it on his own doorstep.  ;D

I remember one of the american lads saying there was a Liverpool supporters group in New York. They have some clout be the sounds of things. They had (I think) some commentator resign because of his comments about Hillsborough being Liverpool fans fault.

Yeah they did get him off air mate.  Not sure if we have a supporters group in Dallas which is why I suggested the Stars and Rangers fans.  But can just see it now - a few thousand angry fans protesting on Hicks front lawn on 4th July  :lmao:  that'll get us some media attention.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #51: May 31, 2010 08:36:00 pm
      With regard to the title of this thread...it's no coincidence that their preferred strategy is to sit it out until something turns up, so the inflated asking price well suits their purpose.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #52: May 31, 2010 09:08:02 pm
      A coalition between all the sport establishments they've fooked up sounds like a good idea..
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #53: Jun 01, 2010 12:00:21 am
      With regard to the title of this thread...it's no coincidence that their preferred strategy is to sit it out until something turns up, so the inflated asking price well suits their purpose.

I was going to start a new one. But, after looking at this, figured i only needed to change the title.

Quick Reply