Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rafa Benitez makes his case for the defence: exclusive by Guillem Balague

Read 8837 times
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Re: Rafa Benitez makes his case for the defence: exclusive by Guillem Balague
      Reply #115: May 26, 2010 04:13:13 am
      Cos Mourinho is the one who is almost certainly going there now you numpty. Stupid question. But hey, if Rafa went there I'm pretty certain he'd bring them success as well.
      IF? IF!!!? Hahahaha, Real Madrid is going to search for glory with Mourinho, not Rafa. That's fact.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #116: May 26, 2010 04:22:01 am
      IF? IF!!!? Hahahaha, Real Madrid is going to search for glory with Mourinho, not Rafa. That's fact.

Errr yeah. I know. Cos they have Mourinho, so of course they are searching for glory with him. Just as we are searching for glory with Rafa. Gee, do you want a cookie for working out what clubs want from their managers?

Difference is, Mourinho has all the money he wants. We are broke, and dying.

Give Hicks and Gillett a big "F**k You" from me while they arse F**k you into typing all this crap you spiel.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #117: May 26, 2010 06:08:42 am
      Errr yeah. I know. Cos they have Mourinho, so of course they are searching for glory with him. Just as we are searching for glory with Rafa. Gee, do you want a cookie for working out what clubs want from their managers?

Difference is, Mourinho has all the money he wants. We are broke, and dying.

Give Hicks and Gillett a big "F**k You" from me while they arse f**k you into typing all this crap you spiel.
      Then why Rafa chose to stay with broke and dying club and still talk about money?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #118: May 26, 2010 06:14:06 am
      Then why Rafa chose to stay with broke and dying club and still talk about money?

Because he started something here when he thought he had the backing, he loves the club and the fans, and he wants to try and see us through this thing. But when the conditions of his employment change (ie, his employers say "we'll give you a transfer budget" and then don't) then he will speak out.

F***ing hell your dim.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #119: May 26, 2010 06:29:59 am
      Because he started something here when he thought he had the backing, he loves the club and the fans, and he wants to try and see us through this thing. But when the conditions of his employment change (ie, his employers say "we'll give you a transfer budget" and then don't) then he will speak out.

F***ing hell your dim.
      Then why don't he walk out like he did with Valencia when they gave him lampshade instead of table?
      Now he only speak out?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #120: May 26, 2010 06:36:00 am
      Then why don't he walk out like he did with Valencia when they gave him lampshade instead of table?
      Now he only speak out?

Well he already had titles at Valencia, and im sure he had the offer on the table from Liverpool already and decided to take that. Liverpool, being one of the biggest clubs in the world, im sure he has a lot of desire to achieve here. Now, i can't say exactly of course - but i do expect that Rafa has a plan, and a desire, to help us back to the top here.

And, he may yet walk out - there are still ongoing discussions (i think?) as to what our situation will be. Im sure if the club told Rafa that they were going to sell Gerrard, Nando, Masch etc to service debt and settle for midtable mediocrity for an uncertain amount of time, then he would indeed walk out. And i would not blame him.

Now im expecting that probably went in one ear, searched for your brain, shrugged in sheer confusion to the lack of any brain matter, and then went promptly out the other ear.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #121: May 26, 2010 06:10:22 pm
      Why has The Mirror suddenly turned pro-Rafa? ???

Im confused that papers are starting to publish actual facts instead of winding up the Rafa-out bandwagon. Have I missed something?

yea what's going on? why the sudden switch in alligiance?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #122: May 26, 2010 06:12:03 pm

Maybe they're worried we will boycott them if they continue printing s**te.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #123: May 26, 2010 08:54:46 pm

The change happened shortly after Guillem Balague publicly bagged his colleague David Maddock out for misinterpreting & writing 'as truth' a speculative article Balague had written, which was just before the email campaign.

I don't read papers any more, because they are usually so biased or manipulative, but if I start hearing that a papers writing fairly & impartially on all matters (very unlikely I know), I'd  start reading papers again.
      AmericanRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #124: May 28, 2010 03:29:40 pm
      Keep up the good fight Rafa

We are behind you
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #125: May 29, 2010 01:22:47 pm

The difference is that even the press have noticed that there are essentially two sides in this fight.

Hicks and Gillet squeezing every penny they can from us.

And.

The fans, the team and the coaching and other "football" staff. Rafa is effectively standing up against the owners to defend the team but he's restricted in what he can say or do because if he can be fired "he" and "we" will have lost.

We'll get a new manager who says and does what he is told.

The press can see that the anger and hatred against Hicks and Gillett is growing daily.

It's time we hurt H & G as much as they are hurting our club.

Boycott club merchandise: there should be a 24 hour picket outside Anfield now to persuade fans not to back Hicks and Gillett with their money.

Got to hold my hands up, I haven't done enough except complain on forums against Hicks & Gillet which is fine but not enough.

Time to take action and a merchandise boycott is the first step.

Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #126: May 31, 2010 04:48:59 am
      What people are doing, what even rafa is now doing is dismissing the team. He's got half the fanbase convinced we're awful to cover huge managerial mistakes last season and to downplay expectations next season.

Getting rid of the yanks is vital, but the team and the football is still our number 1 priority. If we played to our potential the yanks would be a long term problem, rather than an immediate one.  If you want to fight them, if getting rid of them is more important than the football then quit all this doom mongering and organise a proper boycott, cus they blatantly don't care about a fan club and a few sit ins.

I expected our fans to have a little more fight. Stand up against the yanks, make your decision on rafa and stand by it but don't you dare give up on the team.

We need rid of the yanks
      We need to play better football

Both are possible, both should be demanded and expected next season, regardless of transfers, owners or manager.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #127: Jun 02, 2010 10:56:44 am
      Rafa is reportedly well pissed off and can't defend anything after being told there will be no money to spend in the summer and his future will be decided at a third round of talks next week. (Daily Mirror)
      Take that with however many grains of salt you prefer.

Quick Reply