Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

25 man squad rule. Who leaves who comes in

Read 5336 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Squad Size Ultimately Our Downfall
      Reply #69: May 05, 2010 05:32:09 pm
      Crouch wanted to leave because he didnt get enough games - - BUT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE as he was our and Englands top goalscorer

Keane is a million times better than Ngog - - end of story

Barry is a million times better than Lucas - - My opinion

Babel does have tons of potential but probably exhausted his chances at the pool.

Lucas is nothing more than a squad player, again my opinion and may not be yours. I couldnt see him getting into any of the top 3 teams so why should he ours...

Keane - Never worked, and was a moaning kunt ! Fuk him ! Found his level up here in scotland.

Barry deal was fuked up by Parry !

Rafa wanted Keane & Barry, we never had enough money !
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #70: May 05, 2010 05:40:19 pm
      No mate, it's the yank and yanks, injury, beachball, conspiracy, player letting Rafa down, anything.... at the start of the season we're creaming "this is our year" as per usual

I don't think you quite grasp the concept mate to be honest, with Investment that reflects that of a team challenging on all four fronts both Domestically and in Europe over the last two seasons we probably wouldn't be in the situation we are in and half these threads would not exist.

In your signature, space to rent ?

Is that in between your ears ?  :f_whistle:
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #71: May 05, 2010 05:47:58 pm
      I don't think you quite grasp the concept mate to be honest, with Investment that reflects that of a team challenging on all four fronts both Domestically and in Europe over the last two seasons we probably wouldn't be in the situation we are in and half these threads would not exist.

In your signature, space to rent ?

Is that in between your ears ?  :f_whistle:

Aren't you tired trying to back Rafa Benitez with the same old he has got no money therefore he got license to be sh*te.

We are sh*te this season, the yanks has been sh*te since day 1, and most of all Rafa too have been sh*te this season.

Face it.

Money money money, we used to laugh at chelsea, but now we're whoring ourself to every sugar daddy be it Chinese, Arabs, Thais, Scots,

AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #72: May 05, 2010 05:49:08 pm
      Keane - Never worked, and was a moaning kunt ! Fuk him ! Found his level up here in scotland.

Barry deal was fuked up by Parry !

Rafa wanted Keane & Barry, we never had enough money !

have you ever give it a thought that should we get Barry we probably won't have Alonso last season
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #73: May 05, 2010 05:50:20 pm
      If it was possible id be less accomodating

1. Cavalieri
      2. Johnson
      4. Aquilani
      5. Agger
      8. Gerrard
      9. Torres
                          11. Riera
                          12. Aurelio
                          15. Benayoun
      16. Kyrgiakos
      17. Rodriguez
      18. Kuyt
      19. Babel
      20. Mascherano
                           21. Lucas
                           22. Insua
      23. Carragher
                           24. Ngog
      25. Reina
                           27. Degen
                           28. Plessis
      29. Nemeth
                           31. El Zhar
      34. Kelly
      37. Skrtel
      40. Ayala
      47. Pacheco

I know thats all our left footed players but this would only be if we could get someone to replace them, its more wishful thinking than a real idea

Benayoun has been good when he's played, and Lucas has really improved in the second part of the season. I also think Insua has got potential, remember people used to call Carra a donkey but he has become one of our best ever defenders!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #74: May 05, 2010 06:03:32 pm
      Aren't you tired trying to back Rafa Benitez with the same old he has got no money therefore he got license to be sh*te.

We are sh*te this season, the yanks has been sh*te since day 1, and most of all Rafa too have been sh*te this season.

Face it.

Money money money, we used to laugh at chelsea, but now we're whoring ourself to every sugar daddy be it Chinese, Arabs, Thais, Scots,

Aren't you tired of talking sh*te, I know the majority of us are tired of hearing you :D

By the way I made no mention of Rafa Benitez, I was talking on the whole, Investment regarding with or without Rafa should have materialised over the past two seasons and needs to be forthcoming this summer to add strength in depth  and build upon the foundations we have, but you can't grasp that can you ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #75: May 05, 2010 06:11:04 pm

Face it.

Money money money, we used to laugh at Chelsea, but now we're whoring ourself to every sugar daddy be it Chinese, Arabs, Thais, Scots,

Chelsea are adequately funded they are still worth a chuckle but with the money going into the club they are buying success.
      You really have some crazy notions it matters not a jot who sponsors or buys the club as long as they put sufficient in to reap the rewards everyone's happy -  what exactly is your problem with that?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: May 05, 2010 06:12:27 pm
      Whats Babel and Crouch got in common?
      £11 million...... Ha f...ing Ha.
      Wrong thread.

Whats happening y'all?
      Still bitching?

2010/11 Squad just been announced.

Reina   Mascherano   Gerrard   Torres.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #77: May 05, 2010 08:08:18 pm
      Definitely squad quality that's let us down.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #78: May 05, 2010 08:19:47 pm
      We all need to stop looking for what to blame for this season's woes. The Premiership will limit squad size to 25 in the near future, so right now, 27 looks like a good number.

This season's failure has much more to do with;

1) A failed midfield approach. Sell Alonso? Fine; but move Gerrard back in the space left by Alonso. Not so difficult;
      2) Similar to (1). Rafa's over-dependance on the Torres/Gerrard partnership. This affected Rafa transfer policies;
      3) Injuries were too many;
      4) Players' moral was so low. Wonder why;

The same squad almost won last year; calling them shyt is just laughable.

Just on this squad piint, three reasons for last season ...
      1) Don't think we can underestimate how good a season Steven Gerrard had last year. He's scored a pile of goals and had a pile of assists and was generally brilliant. He won the PFA Fans Player of the Year and should've won the PFA player of the year. Torres also had a pretty good year. BOTH SG and Torres made it into the FIFA World Player of the Year Top 10. In the PL scoring chart for the year, SG was 3rd, Torres 4th. When you look back at last season those 2 guys made a huge difference and IMO their great form was a massive factor in us doing so well.
      2) Alonso in the center freed up SG to play in his best position, behind Torres. Loosing Alonso and effectively not replacing him had major knock on effects in terms of quality from the midfield and player re-positioning as a result.
      3) Rafa let them off the leash in the run in and with a less cautious approach we scored a lot of goals and played decent football which bumped up our points tally. Leaving us asking if only.

And on an un-related gripe. I still can't understand why it seems OK to rail against SG, Carra and Torres when they take a dip in form (and on whose form this squad depends) but criticise Rafa and you're a Manc. IMO some of our players deserve more loyalty for their service than the current manager.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: 25 man squad rule. Who leaves who comes in
      Reply #79: Jun 01, 2010 06:26:36 pm

1. Cavalieri
                                                                                             2. Johnson
      4. Aquilani
      5. Agger
                                                                                            8. Gerrard
      9. Torres
                          11. Riera
                          12. Aurelio
      15. Benayoun
      16. Kyrgiakos
      17. Rodriguez
      18. Kuyt
                           19. Babel
      20. Mascherano
      21. Lucas
      22. Insua
                                                                                             23. Carragher
      24. Ngog
      25. Reina
                           27. Degen
                           28. Plessis
      29. Nemeth
                           31. El Zhar
                                                                                             34. Kelly
      37. Skrtel
      40. Ayala
                                                                                             47. Pacheco

To expand on a point I made in another thread.
      Ship out some of the players in the middle of this list and bring in some quality and we should be able to turn around our terrible season.
      Potentially add Ince, Ngoo, Coady, Shelvee(Spelling?) at no cost to the 25 limit
      fivegoldstars
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #80: Jun 01, 2010 08:47:42 pm
      Hi all - new user, can't find an intros thread so I'm wading straight in.
      IMO 25 is an adequate squad size IF you have 21+ quality players. At the minute, we haven't. Whenever the teamsheet goes up and theres been an injury, I always groan at the sight of the replacement. Nobody really steps in and makes me think 'Yeah, he's due a game'. Same with the subs...you're never really calling for someone to get on the pitch.
      Still, if you have to look at where it all fell down, here's my two penneth. The problem lies with Gerrard being so versatile. Think about it - a season or so ago, you wanted him in the middle behind two strikers. Remember the fuss you'd get on Sky whenever he was moved? Problem is, he was used as a fill in when Crouch/Keane went, and was so good, we never bothered getting another striker. We also lost the best central midfielder in the process. To compete next season, he needs to be moved back to his best position, and Torres needs to be supported by a quality second striker.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #81: Jun 01, 2010 08:53:49 pm
      Good post 5GS and I would agree that with the new rules it is quality we need not quantity
      fivegoldstars
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #82: Jun 01, 2010 10:06:38 pm
      Thanks. I think it's true that we're only a few players away. If you look at the first team man for man, there aren't many you'd want to get rid of, and there aren't many that you'd swap like-for-like with other top Prem sides. Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson - we're probably only missing one at the back. Aquilani, Gerrard, Mascherano, Kuyt - just need one, if not two decent wide men. Torres up front - really need another striker.
      For me, I'd go all out for Joe Cole - I'm not sold on Simao - and spend virtually everything else we've got on a real top drawer striker. Riera and Babel can be cashed in too.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #83: Jun 01, 2010 10:39:55 pm
      Would agree with getting rid of those two. Reckon Cole would prefer a London move. Other than that its hard to know what to believe. We heard very little of the deals we made last year before they were completed
      fivegoldstars
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #84: Jun 01, 2010 10:52:41 pm
      I did think that Riera could do a job, but I feel him and Babel have handled themselves all wrong. You don't want that kind of petulance in the dressing room.
      With Cole, I think he'd take a big club over a London club if the offer was right. Thing is, as a free agent, he'll want a crazy wage, and that causes problems. Whether or not we can organise some kind of signing on fee instead, I don't know. The longer it goes on, the bigger this will be, because if he impresses in the World Cup, they'll be a few other clubs in the mix.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #85: Jun 01, 2010 10:57:03 pm
      I think to come in on his wage would upset the structure within the club. Others would no doubt want a raise.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #86: Jun 01, 2010 11:01:08 pm
      I think to come in on his wage would upset the structure within the club. Others would no doubt want a raise.

It would with some of the top earners no doubt, squad players not so much Imo.

Like my Cheryl Cole avatar mate, need a good one to rival that hoof !!!! :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #87: Jun 01, 2010 11:11:56 pm
      Im a big fan of Ms Tweedys talents :) Although I must say even though it started in jest I have become quite fond of my own. Eh on topic. . . . . . No its gone the blood has drained from my primary brain
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #88: Jun 02, 2010 12:36:49 pm
      Lack of investment in the squad being the key factor. Injuries can be absorbed by a large squad

That's exactly it mate
      fivegoldstars
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #89: Jun 02, 2010 01:01:51 pm
      Injuries can be absorbed by a big squad, but look who we've had injured - Gerrard and Torres. No squad size would replace those two. You aren't going to have that type of quality in a squad unless you're Chelski or City, and that's only because some mercenaries are happy to bench warm for £100,000 a week. Look at Arsenal and Man Ure - their squads are bigger than ours, but there aren't many players you'd want playing on a regular basis. I stick with the quality over quantity argument - I don't think you need more than 18 top drawer players.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #90: Jun 02, 2010 01:44:00 pm
      Thats why I changed the title of the thread. Its on longer about hoarding top class players with the rule change. Will be interesting to see how clubs respond to it in the summer
      marcyanguez
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #91: Jun 02, 2010 04:41:25 pm
      I've seen Maxi playing in Spain with Espanyol and At. Madrid, and I'm pretty sure that he's going to perform very bell at Anfield. Wherever he has been, he always has been loved by the supporters and has been one of the best players of the squad.

Quick Reply