Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Gerrard and Carra .... silence over Rafa

Read 16650 times
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Re: Gerrard and Carra .... silence ....
      Reply #115: Jun 29, 2010 07:59:00 pm
      Well the World Cup's over for you two now.

So lets hear what you think about what has been going on here over for the last four weeks. You probably know what we think about what happened over there!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #116: Jun 29, 2010 08:01:56 pm
      Yes, and if to days rumours are true, the first job Roy Hodgson will have is to sit down with this pair and find out what Stevie's intentions in particular are.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #117: Jun 29, 2010 10:53:34 pm
      i agree kelvo,that will be the managers first job get the lads togather and see what he can get out of them.. i do agree with carra if players do not want to play for LIVERPOOL they should leave.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #118: Jun 29, 2010 11:14:23 pm
      I agree kelvo,that will be the managers first job get the lads togather and see what he can get out of them.. I do agree with carra if players do not want to play for LIVERPOOL they should leave.

Just read in the Echo that the World Cup players all get a mandatory 3 weeks off, so the English lads won't be back till mid July.  Those still in the WC will all miss the Europa League qualification match on 29th July.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #119: Jun 29, 2010 11:16:04 pm
      Gerrard has given me fantastic memories and like one or two other's I don't give a sh*te about what he thinks, what can he and Carra do anyway SFA that's what. I am more interested about is he staying than what he thinks of RB, RB has gone so we to must move on besides Rafa would want that as well so lets all get over this division that has been growing ever since we had a bad season and lets get us all on the same page to push H&G into touch.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #120: Jun 30, 2010 01:31:22 am
      I get the vibes that Gerrard is going. Still nothing positive, though, around these parts..
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #121: Jun 30, 2010 11:41:10 am
      If Gerrard goes, he is a hypocrite.. And people say they wouldnt blame him..Of all the times LFC has needed him, NOW is when we need our captain.. Show your bottle, stay and fight for YOUR club.....or lose my respect and other Liverpool fans!!
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #122: Jun 30, 2010 11:58:17 am
      Spot on!

Any Liverpool player that leaves now- will lose my respect.

We are in this position because of the players, they played rubbish football, they gained enough points to finish 7th, and they made little effort in the lesser games that we ended up losing.

We need our Captain now- more than ever, the players look to him, look up to him and need him.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #123: Jun 30, 2010 12:17:10 pm
      I imagine the new manager has been talking to all the players he can, he will want to know where he stands with all of them now that RB has been sacked so I think he will start with Gerrard as he's captain an all.

If Gerrard wanted to leave then surely he's earned our respect by what he has given the club over the 10 years he has played, he has my total respect if he chooses that option and good luck to him, then would come a replacement as the money they get for him should all go on a replacement and not on the debt, although if it happens I think we'll see it go on the latter before it goes anywhere else.
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2010 12:23:48 pm by bartman49 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,677 posts | 6973 
      Reply #124: Jun 30, 2010 03:02:33 pm
      I was interested to hear Gerrard move quickly to defend his international manager.

Yet he still hasn't uttered a word about Rafa.

Rafa plays Gerrard in his favourite position, Capello sticks him out on the left which he doesn't like.

The more and more I have thought over the past 12 months, the more I am convinced that he holds far too much sway inside the dressing room, and Liverpool's performances are effectively decided by what mood Gerrard is in that week.

If his performances for us last season and for England are entirely representative of his ability now then, only if the money DID make it's way back in to the team, I think that a sale might be the best for both parties.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #125: Jun 30, 2010 07:42:50 pm
      I was interested to hear Gerrard move quickly to defend his international manager.

Rafa plays Gerrard in his favourite position, Capello sticks him out on the left which he doesn't like.

The more and more I have thought over the past 12 months, the more I am convinced that he holds far too much sway inside the dressing room, and Liverpool's performances are effectively decided by what mood Gerrard is in that week.

If his performances for us last season and for England are entirely representative of his ability now then, only if the money DID make it's way back in to the team, I think that a sale might be the best for both parties.

A kind of "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" theory? :D

It's possible, but the thought of selling Gerrard is very dangerous.

I do feel he has perhaps too much behind the scenes influence, but in my opinion at least, he brings too much to the team to consider selling.

He and a handful of other, probably unsettled, players are the only thing we have to offer potential transfer targets right now (aside from the best fans in the world  ;D).

And we all know where the majority of his sale money would go, it's even rumoured to be a sticking point in Hodgson signing! We wouldn't see enough of it to possibly replace him, I don't think.

I almost hope there was a divide between him and Rafa last season, because at least then this time around, he should be giving 100% again.

Come on Stevie, stay around and give us another push, the way you used to.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #126: Jun 30, 2010 07:46:16 pm
      McAteer seems to think Gerrard off can we really blame him though the club is a shambles he has only a few years left at the top and he has been a great servant for the club.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #127: Jun 30, 2010 09:14:49 pm

I remember back to when both Carra & Gerrard were both injured(don't remember which season) for a fair run of games and Liverpool did perform way above what I expected.

He could well drag the rest of the team down with him, if he were to stay at the club but not have the heart anymore.

Good post, JD.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #128: Jul 01, 2010 11:41:42 am
      New Gerrard statement on the website -

"The club have made a good appointment in Roy Hodgson," the 30-year-old told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Rafa left a few weeks ago and I know the club were determined to take their time and get the right man for the job.

"Roy is hugely experienced and I believe he is the right man for Liverpool.

"I think it's been worth the wait and I'm sure he's just keen now to get on with it and start to quickly put in place his plans for the new season."

I'm still pretty shocked he hasn't come out and said anything in detail about Rafa, like Pepe did. But at least he seems happy that Roy is here, hopefully this will mean he stays at Liverpool!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,497 posts | 3445 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #129: Jul 01, 2010 11:58:30 am
      Couldn't agree more. Gerrard seemed to lose the will last season. The Hodgson comments are positive, if he has any doubts then perhaps it is time for him to move.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #130: Jul 01, 2010 12:20:57 pm
      He said during world cup he never wanted to talk LFC. he is now back, and has said something about the new guy.

Im sure he will miss Rafa, he did so much for him. But Im sure a wee change might be good too.

Let's hope its all good eh !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,677 posts | 6973 
      Reply #131: Jul 01, 2010 12:23:57 pm
      Best bit of PR spin I've heard from the club so far.

Fair play if it's true.

But I remember Xabi Alonso staying at Liverpool for 'a long time' before he handed his transfer request in a couple of weeks later.
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #132: Jul 01, 2010 04:33:08 pm
      funny how quickly Gerrard has come out to say that woy will be good for the club, so what about Rafa then?
      maybe Gerrard was involved in Rafa demise just maybe.
      jman17
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #133: Jul 01, 2010 06:14:20 pm
      So what if Gerrard was involved in Rafa leaving (or being pushed). We were a sinking ship last year under Rafa because he was too interested in fighting with the 2 wankers upstairs, he lost sight of the only goal which he should ever have had, which was to move Liverpool FC forward ON THE PITCH.

Taking Torres of against Birmingham that day, you could see Gerrards disgust and Torres, it was only a matter of time after that. I remember watching it thinking does Rafa really want to get into the top 4 or is he resigned to the fact that the sh*te that is the Europa League is our best option. I lost a lot of respect for Rafa that day (from the looks of things so did Stevie). You cant ever take away what Rafa did for us and we will be eternally grateful but he had took his eye of the game and was more interested in one upsmanship with the Yank W--ks.
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #134: Jul 01, 2010 06:35:36 pm
      so it was only rafa sinking the ship then, what happpend to the 11 players who was not up to standerds on the pitch which includes Gerrard, not only that but the fact that the 2 c**nts who have not spent a penny in 2 season ehh no wonder rafa was fighting with the board because of broken promises which we all know about

so it not so what if Gerrard was involved he was playing sh*t for most of the season so he  must take part of the blame as he is the captain further more the hole squad should take the blame bar pepe reina
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #135: Jul 01, 2010 06:59:44 pm
      so it was only rafa sinking the ship then, what happpend to the 11 players who was not up to standerds on the pitch which includes Gerrard, not only that but the fact that the 2 c**nts who have not spent a penny in 2 season ehh no wonder rafa was fighting with the board because of broken promises which we all know about

so it not so what if Gerrard was involved he was playing sh*t for most of the season so he  must take part of the blame as he is the captain further more the hole squad should take the blame bar pepe reina
      Some people on here have very short memories or they are new to LFC, Granted Ste had a crap season along with the rest of the side, Before that tho he has given us in the last 4 seasons some fantastic memories and plenty of one man games, Also how many times did he single handedly get us out of the sh*t? He was due a mediocre season all top players take a dip in form, So with that and all the sh*t happening off the field its no surprise he had a bad season, He knows us fans have been let down in some ways more than most, He will be busting to amend for last season that i am sure, I just cant see him walking away without having a proper go at it, And its the same for Torres, He loves this club, His armband proved it, And right now he is having his pre season warm up in SA, By the time the new season starts he 'll be up and running and sharp as F**k, Forget all the sh*t about sinking ships Captain Roy has arrived and the steadiness we need is already in place, C'MON U REDS!!!!!!!
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #136: Jul 01, 2010 07:10:44 pm
      Some people on here have very short memories or they are new to LFC, Granted Ste had a crap season along with the rest of the side, Before that tho he has given us in the last 4 seasons some fantastic memories and plenty of one man games, Also how many times did he single handedly get us out of the sh*t? He was due a mediocre season all top players take a dip in form, So with that and all the sh*t happening off the field its no surprise he had a bad season, He knows us fans have been let down in some ways more than most, He will be busting to amend for last season that I am sure, I just cant see him walking away without having a proper go at it, And its the same for Torres, He loves this club, His armband proved it, And right now he is having his pre season warm up in SA, By the time the new season starts he 'll be up and running and sharp as f**k, Forget all the sh*t about sinking ships Captain Roy has arrived and the steadiness we need is already in place, C'MON U REDS!!!!!!!
      don't get stupid with me if you have read the argument you never saw me comment on the previous seasons so don't go on like im knew to liverpool
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #137: Jul 01, 2010 07:18:05 pm
      don't get stupid with me if you have read the argument you never saw me comment on the previous seasons so don't go on like im knew to liverpool
      Chill out mate and wind your neck in, It was'nt a personal attack on you just my opinion in general, Ok pal!!

Quick Reply