Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Owners regain control of transfer sales

Read 7537 times
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Re: Owners regain control of transfer sales
      Reply #69: Jun 06, 2010 02:07:04 pm
      surely theres a mega rich arab who supports liverpool
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #70: Jun 06, 2010 02:10:20 pm
      Why? Thats still £40 in their pocket.

Think we still have to support the players who wear the shirt regardless of all the crap that's going on. Maybe a protest before every home game outside the shop or something, get the banners and flags up.

Anyway...If I dont go, some day-tripper could get my ticket and spend £100 in the shop.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #71: Jun 06, 2010 02:20:01 pm
      surely theres a mega rich arab who supports liverpool

haha i would like to think so!
      As for boycotting merchandise- its a drop in the ocean, the owners are selling up.
      I will wear my shirt and support the lads at Anfield because thats what i do, F**k the owners- the lads need all the support they can get during the next season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #72: Jun 06, 2010 02:33:36 pm
      Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Difficult to quantify how much I handed Liverpool (well - the banks actually) last season but it was probably about £600 in tickets. 

I simply don't buy in to the argument that there will be plenty of people to scoop up the rest of the tickets.  Especially after a couple of games of protesting.  Not only do I see a decrease in revenue for the club but there will need to be an increased policing charge from the club simply because there will be protests outside the ground.

Everyone's entitled to their personal point of view but I won't be lining their pockets again.

All I would say is to use your imagination briefly and picture an empty Anfield for a few games.  How long do you think the owners would be demanding £800M for?
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #73: Jun 06, 2010 02:36:29 pm
      An empty Anfield wouldnt happen- i love the idea! And the effect on the owners-

But all the day-trippers are growing in numbers by the day!  It wouldnt be completely empty-
      Also the lads still have to play, regardless of a full or empty stadium & all the drama behind the scenes- they dont deserve an empty stadium,
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #74: Jun 06, 2010 02:55:10 pm
      Think we still have to support the players who wear the shirt regardless of all the crap that's going on. Maybe a protest before every home game outside the shop or something, get the banners and flags up.

Anyway...If I dont go, some day-tripper could get my ticket and spend £100 in the shop.

Mate, there won't be players wearing a shirt the way things are continuing.

Fair enough, I know people have their own views and it's up to them how they want to spend their money. But I refuse to give any more money to rapist owners.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #75: Jun 06, 2010 02:57:40 pm
      and spend £100 in the shop.
      Going to have to get past me and Kenny for a start to get in the shop.   ;)
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #76: Jun 06, 2010 03:44:29 pm
      Understand your point about not attending games but its something that personally I will continue to do.

To be honest, if I had the chance of going to away games I probably would boycott the home matches but unfortunately I haven't got that option these days.

gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #77: Jun 06, 2010 03:49:52 pm
      I will attend the games and continue to support the club for as long as i am able. The club will be here far longer than the Yanks although they may be intent on harming the club for profit I will not hurt the club by taking my cash away. Sorry just cant bring myself to do it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #78: Jun 06, 2010 05:06:46 pm
      I will attend the games and continue to support the club for as long as i am able. The club will be here far longer than the Yanks although they may be intent on harming the club for profit I will not hurt the club by taking my cash away. Sorry just cant bring myself to do it.
      "The club" as we know it does not exist any more it is now a vehicle or more accurately a surety to enable the owners to procure monies on it's reputation. Consequently instead of supporting Liverpool FC you are a party in it's demise.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #79: Jun 06, 2010 05:23:14 pm
      I will attend the games and continue to support the club for as long as I am able. T

I second that. I will go to the matches but i will no longer buy the merchandise until they are out of the club
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #80: Jun 06, 2010 05:44:38 pm
      they dont deserve an empty stadium,

Do the owners deserve the revenue from a full stadium, though?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #81: Jun 06, 2010 05:54:37 pm
      Do the owners deserve the revenue from a full stadium, though?
      You know as I do they will take everything they can off this club and reward us with their F***ing debt as they always have done and will continue to do so.
      If anyone desires to give them their hard earned for whatever reason I am sure the Americans will be very grateful,but don't expect any thanks off them - as proven they do not part with anything not even a thank you.
      I was posting in another thread and pointed out that now the owners have got rid of the manager, something they had to appoint a board to do they now have COMPLETE CONTROL of LFC so who would a boycott affect certainly not the club we know.
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2010 10:16:16 pm by stuey »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #82: Jun 07, 2010 11:26:35 am

"The club" as we know it does not exist any more it is now a vehicle or more accurately a surety to enable the owners to procure monies on it's reputation. Consequently instead of supporting Liverpool FC you are a party in it's demise.

Absolutely stuey. It, sometimes, baffles me how little actual thought or reasoned logic "we", as ("the most knowledgeable") fans, apply to our lot.  :-\
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #83: Jun 07, 2010 11:39:48 am
      As a day-tripper myself, it's going to be tough not to give them money. I'm bringing my 8 year old boy up to Liverpool in the summer to take the tour, show him the trophies etc. I need to seal the deal with Liverpool as his club, as he's surrounded by Chelsea and Arsenal fans at school. He's gonna save up his pocket money to spend at the store and much as I have told him all about the "nasty american owners", he'll still want to go back to school in the autumn with some new Red merchandise.

For me, securing another lifelong red is vital!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #84: Jun 07, 2010 11:50:00 am
      Like i said earlier.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #85: Jun 07, 2010 11:51:53 am
      Will people still be eager to support the owners financially if we see our best players sold to our rivals this summer and are effectively viewing the reserves line out for us. All the while the owners drain the money to feed their own vested interests. Im sorry but I wont. Having seen them run out a manager with a great vision for our club if all I can do to protest the owners and their methods is to withhold my support til they leave then that is what I will do and I would strongly encourage others to do likewise

Quick Reply