Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Diego Tardelli (Atletico Mineiro)

Read 3156 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Diego Tardelli (Atletico Mineiro)
      May 25, 2010 08:55:24 am
      Atletico Mineiro slap £5m price tag on Liverpool and West Ham target Diego Tardelli

Liverpool and West Ham have been told they will have to pay Atletico Mineiro £5million if they follow up their interest in Brazilian striker Diego Tardelli.

The 25-year-old, who has won four caps, is on stand-by for the World Cup finals.

He earlier had two spells on loan in Europe with Real Betis and PSV Eindhoven.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1281124/Atletico-Mineiro-slap-5m-price-tag-Liverpool-West-Ham-target-Diego-Tardelli.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0ovF1zDU6

There he is with Lucas in the center of the picture.

Over to you Diego.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010 05:18:22 pm by Reslivo »
      Cored
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Re: Diego Tardelli - (Atletico Mineiro)
      Reply #1: May 25, 2010 12:11:09 pm
      Good player but don't think he is suited to the Epl.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2864 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: May 25, 2010 02:30:54 pm
      A potential Voronion but for 5 mill! Dont see the point
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #3: May 25, 2010 03:26:56 pm
      Baoo pic of Lucas Btw :D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: May 25, 2010 03:30:29 pm
      Don't know anything of him, just know I had him for a little period on FIFA UT. :D
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #5: May 25, 2010 05:08:40 pm
      Go Diego Go!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Diego Tardelli (Atletico Mineiro)
      Reply #6: May 25, 2010 08:21:39 pm
      I don't really know what to think about it. In 2008 he played for Flamengo, but by then he was nothing but a squad player (often started, often came from the bench), who had his special moments*, but that was it - he was never the solution to our attacking problems, and was also unlucky with an arm injury that kept him out for a big part of the year. When we sold him to Atletico Mineiro for a decent fee, everybody was happy.

The fact is, though, that since moving to Atletico he seems to have finally reached the potential he's said to have since the start of his career at São Paulo FC. Last year he scored 42 goals in 57 appearences, being 19 of these goals in the Brazilian league, which made him joint top scorer with Adriano. This year he kept scoring: the Brazilian league just started but he scored many goals in the State Championship (Minas Gerais) where he helped Atletico to win the title. Their fans love him.

Because he 'failed' at Flamengo (some would say that's harsh on him), and wasnt the most impressive player before being sold to Atletico, I found it kinda weird when he was called for the Brazilian team last year. But the fact is he deserved it. He's been great for Atletico and I know many people who wanted him to be in the World Cup. I'm not one of these people, cause it's hard to forget the impression left at Flamengo, but 5 million isnt exactly a huge amount of money and he's really progressed since moving out - right now he is at least one of the 3 best strikers in Brazil.

Another thing that worries me about it is his style. He is a striker who likes to get out of the box to get the ball and help creating opportunities. I just asked an Atletico fan what he thought about Tardelli in England, and he agreed with me his style seems more suited to the Spanish league, for example. But who knows...

This Atletico fan also mentioned that he thinks the reason Tardelli has 'suddenly' become such a good player is commitment. He was always seen as a player of big potential, with ups and downs, but never adapted so well in a club like there, where he was also made Captain and matured a lot. If he could maintain the same commitment in another club, maybe he could go to be something special.

Well, as you can see, I'm not overly excited about this but it got me thinking.

Few videos now if anyone is interested...

2 weeks ago Atletico faced Santos (the team in best form in Brazil, with Ganso, Neymar and Robinho) and Tardelli scored a hat-trick against them. Santos went on to qualify to the semifinals anyway, but Tardelli did his job. Video with the goals from this game:
      Atlético-MG 3X2 Santos Gols 28/04/2010 Diego Tardelli Copa do Brasil 2010

This is a video with 15 of his league goals last year:
      15 gols de Diego Tardelli artilheiro do Brasileirão 2009 - Narração Itatiaia

*His best moment in a Flamengo shirt was that one, a goal near the 90th min that gave us a title:
      Diego Tardelli - Flamengo 2x1 Botafogo - Gol do Título
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: May 25, 2010 08:45:26 pm
      ^^ exactly why I said over to you Diego ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: May 25, 2010 11:53:13 pm
      Great info on Diego, Diego.

Ingo on the boards to give another opinion, too?

Anyway, from your take on him i think 5m would be a pretty good gamble?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #9: May 26, 2010 12:09:43 am
      42 goals from 57 games sounds pretty damn good.
      __ingo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts |
      • Brazilian Red ;)
      Reply #10: May 26, 2010 12:29:45 am
      Diego pretty much said it all. Tardelli is currently one of the best players in the Brazilian League right now, no doubt about that.

I'd just like to add that he has already played in Europe twice. At Betis he failed to score on 12 appearances and at PSV Eindhoven he didn't have the best of records also.

I'm kind off unsure about this one. For a cheaper price (or maybe a loan), I'd give it a try.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: May 26, 2010 01:16:28 am
      Nice one, ingo.

5m sounds pretty good for a 'top 3 striker in Brazil'! Although i think that would be more (much more) if more interest comes from other clubs, as well as he seems to be very important to them.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #12: May 27, 2010 05:00:02 am
      oh my! I just saw the gossip about Diego Tardelli coming to Liverpool.. ;D
      I really hope it isn't true... he is good for small teams, like atletico.. and when the match requires his so called "talent", he just disappears in the field
      I know him quite well, as he is currently playing in my city, and I realy don't wanna see him here in Liverpool :P

From a Brazilian.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #13: May 27, 2010 05:23:15 am
      Awesome scouting factfile diego!
      Seems like a player that, at the right level, has to be played alot to gain confidence and get results. The scouted fact that he is betteer out of the box worries me because in the prem he will have less time on the ball on the edge of the 'D'. We need a poacher, a quality and confident six yard master and another creative outside the box kind of player. The fact he failled twice in europe could be down to a number of issues. 5million? Not much in the footy world but given our situation a gamble that may be a bridge too far.
      I bow to diego's judgement!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Jun 06, 2010 12:45:07 pm
      Porto set to beat West Ham and Liverpool to Brazilian striker - lfc.tv

Damn shame :roll:

Quick Reply