Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think?

Existing actions of occassional pre-match and post-match protests
      24 (10.3%)
      Official club store ban
      18 (7.7%)
      Selected home game boycotts w/protests
      9 (3.9%)
      Full home game boycotts w/protests
      7 (3%)
      Selected home game boycotts w/protests and official club store ban
      50 (21.5%)
      Full home game boycotts w/protests and official club store ban
      125 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 230

VOTE: Action against the owners

Read 30193 times
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: VOTE: Action against the owners
      Reply #253: Jun 15, 2010 01:28:43 am
      NOT A PENNY MORE.

If other sites aren't going to stand up and be counted, if the fans group isn't going to be brave enough, then we will take it upon ourselves to bang the drum.

We have a clear mandate from members of this forum that the owners must now be hit were it will hurt. Responses on Anfield Online to today's post are supportive.

We can't go on like this. I'll cut the deficit.
      That's the focal point,"Not A Penny More".Well in JD now let's push it home Brothers,this has to be our new mantra,lets include it in all our posts.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #254: Jun 15, 2010 01:42:19 am
      NOT A PENNY MORE.

If other sites aren't going to stand up and be counted, if the fans group isn't going to be brave enough, then we will take it upon ourselves to bang the drum.

We have a clear mandate from members of this forum that the owners must now be hit were it will hurt. Responses on Anfield Online to today's post are supportive.

We can't go on like this. I'll cut the deficit.

That's the focal point,"Not A Penny More".Well in JD now let's push it home Brothers,this has to be our new mantra,lets include it in all our posts.

With you 200%.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #255: Jun 15, 2010 01:49:36 am
      Apparently on RAWK they are looking for a picture of somebody holding a spade in the ground in Stanley Park.

I'm sure Gillett and Hicks are shitting their pants.

I want Season Ticket holders to know this.  We completely respect your predicament.  But do not renew the Auto-Cup scheme, do not buy your overpriced pasty, do not purchase a single thing once you step inside Anfield.  Your involvement is just as key to this as the rest of us.  We are all in this together.  We all want the same thing - a swift removal of the owners, at a sensible price that will not burden the club for the next generation.

Imagine if the owners sold to some mug for £800M.  Throw a stadium on top of it. £1.3bn.  The club would never ever pay off its debts - be it to a bank, or to the new owner.

NOT A PENNY MORE.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #256: Jun 15, 2010 01:57:38 am
      Cut their oxygen
      Not a penny more.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #257: Jun 15, 2010 02:35:43 am
      JDs'provided the mantra,"Not A Penny More".Now we have to develop this into our "green and gold" PR.Come on Brothers,I personally don't have the imaginastion to develop this,but someone out there will have.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #258: Jun 15, 2010 02:37:14 am
      Don't worry Roy, the dark elements behind the forum have already swung in to action.

Watch this space.  ;)
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #259: Jun 15, 2010 02:41:57 am
      Don't worry Roy, the dark elements behind the forum have already swung in to action.

Watch this space.  ;)
      Well in Boss,I'll keep my spear sharpened.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #260: Jun 15, 2010 04:30:05 am
      We need media coverage. Not many people are informed of whatever action is being undertaken against the owners besides protests and demostrations outside the ground which isn't working.

Any normal Liverpool fan in the world with internet access would be able to find information on financial boycott against the Yanks, but not many people bother to. We need these information delivered straight into them, else they will not be bothered finding it.

If we are able to generate media coverage during this off-season where the papers would publish headlines like 'Liverpool fans plan mass boycott' it would get the message across the country and eventually the world. I don't know what the SOS or RAWK think about it but I think it is a brilliant idea.

Is spamming the inboxes of journalists around the world in a 'plea' to publish the option of mass boycott a good idea?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #261: Jun 15, 2010 08:14:54 am
      It is now our time to stand up and fight against these lying cancerous entities that think they can rape and rob our club and hold it to ransom for an extortionate asking price.

The campaigns, protests, t-shirts and pictures are all good in their own right. They raise awareness and get people singing from the same hymn sheet. But Hicks and Gillett are no longer threatened by any of these. Direct action is now our only option.

I fully back the notion of not contributing another penny that you don't have to towards servicing the debts of Liverpool Football Club. It is not our responsibility. We did not want debt placed on our club. And as long as they are still 'custodians' of our club, they will continue to take the piss out of paying fans by upping prices, making everyone buy a membership in order to buy tickets and ripping the very heart out of the club by getting rid of community based projects such as the Development Agency.

I sincerely hope that people take this message on board. There is no other way to have a direct impact on their exit strategy. We need to force their hand.

NOT A PENNY MORE.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #262: Jun 15, 2010 11:21:08 am
      I saw the reaction on Anfield Online yesterday JD.  It's amazing the turnaround in people's opinions in the last few months.

We've gone from the majority thinking boycotts won't work to boycotts being the only option and that is a fantastic response.  As somebody on here said "I feel abused" and that sums up exactly how I feel.  They have violated us, the Club, the Manager, the Players yet they have no remorse.

I was trying to explain to my partner this morning when he said they won't destroy us, that we aren't Portsmouth, it just won't happen.  What some people can't understand is that our owners don't care about us, they have no emotional attachment to us and so long as they get their money from us - they have been successful.

NOT A PENNY MORE!! 
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #263: Jun 15, 2010 04:22:18 pm
      Heres a quote from the EGM minutes:

It was said that it was important to pick the boycotts carefully and to make certain that any boycott idea could be indentified as being successful as without this it would impact and damage the Union.

Wimps. Im not sure whether to stay a member of SOS because they seem to only value the views of season ticket holders which are clearly different from my own and seemingly everyone else. In the minutes it seemed the ST holders were only prepared to boycott meaningless cup games. Wow. Boycott a meaningless league cup game that only 25,000 people will go to anyway. That'll show 'em. Also, SOS spineless and worried about their image. They're not running for f**king government, they're supposed to be helping save our club.
      Skidancer
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts | -13 
      Reply #264: Jun 15, 2010 04:51:57 pm
      Full home game boycotts w/protests and official club store ban
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #265: Jun 15, 2010 04:55:20 pm
      That quote tells me everything I already knew and suspected.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #266: Jun 15, 2010 06:12:49 pm
      Heres a quote from the EGM minutes:

Wimps. Im not sure whether to stay a member of SOS

I'm with you there.

Ever since I've joined up, they've done nothing but convince me I have made the wrong choice. >:( 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #267: Jun 15, 2010 06:20:04 pm
      Can I be a Dark Element please?

I've always wanted to be one. ;D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #268: Jun 15, 2010 06:57:08 pm
      Can I be a Dark Element please?

I've always wanted to be one. ;D

Give us a tenner and you can have mine.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #269: Jun 15, 2010 07:00:28 pm
      I'm with you there.

Ever since I've joined up, they've done nothing but convince me I have made the wrong choice. >:( 

Me too Joey, should of listened to JD.  Done nothing so far only talk.  And then not what we want to hear.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #270: Jun 15, 2010 07:02:46 pm
      Me too Joey, should of listened to JD.  Done nothing so far only talk.  And then not what we want to hear.

Here you go Euro Red.

Give us £15 and you can have a his and hers membership. ;)

Joking aside, of course, I was feeling that way from the moment I joined up Smiggs. And then they picked up a little bit. But the difference in what has been said at the EGM and now is massive. They've not considered any of the harder hitting stuff mentioned.

Can you cancel, seriously?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #271: Jun 15, 2010 07:07:30 pm
      Here you go Euro Red.

Give us £15 and you can have a his and hers membership. ;)

Joking aside, of course, I was feeling that way from the moment I joined up Smiggs. And then they picked up a little bit. But the difference in what has been said at the EGM and now is massive. They've not considered any of the harder hitting stuff mentioned.

Can you cancel, seriously?

Doubt it Joey, unless they do something substantial, I wont be renewing it next year.  Too late for this year's £10.00.   :-\

Seems too cliquey for me, probably most of RAWK.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #272: Jun 15, 2010 07:57:26 pm
      If it's a renewal job, then bye bye SOS.

Feel slightly embarrassed to be associated with them after the way I have seen them come out all coy, if I am honest. They heard some good arguments on that stage on Saturday and they have blatantly ignored them.

Know what you mean with the cliquey thing there. :-\

PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #273: Jun 15, 2010 09:27:19 pm
      Just don't go.... simple. Things will happen. Always LFC. have a few months break..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #274: Jun 16, 2010 08:40:18 am
      I was gonna join a while back, even though i can't do much from here - but i waited a bit to see what they are doing as to see if i agreed - and i have been shockingly disappointed with them. As an overseas supporter i look to groups closer to the action as a voice for me and they are just hugely disappointing.

They seem like they are just dipping their toes in the water saying "I want to get in but its just too cold!"

Well F***ing jump in you soft arses. Makes it a lot better a lot quicker.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #275: Jun 16, 2010 09:05:08 am
      I've said it before, we need the media to highlight our plight and spread the word that True Reds will no longer be contributing to the club under the current dictatorship.

Quick Reply