Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Walking Alone

Read 4038 times
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Walking Alone
      Jun 07, 2010 09:20:59 am
      I don't post much so I may be misguided in my intent on these boards, but from what I read and see everyday in multiple threads is people pouring their hearts out in defense or critique of a multitude of different topics. No matter if you were Pro-Rafa, or Anti-Rafa, Pro-Yanks (Which if you are, your off your f*cking rocker, but your entitled to be a tw*t if you'd like), or Anti-Yanks, we all hold Liverpool FC close to our hearts.

Being a fan in the States is much different than being a football supporter anywhere else. In a country that prides itself on its Sporting heritage, our lack of respect and knowledge for the beautiful game is shocking. My love for the game came because I played through much of my Primary school years, and Liverpool FC has always been my team. Their passion, history, and players made me fall in love with the team I know today, and to see the team I grew up loving be torn to shreds by utter lunatics breaks my heart. Football has always been a big part of my life and for the first time I truly feel as Supporters we are Walking Alone. Our Manager fired, our owners inept and delusional, the boardroom corrupt, and our players tired and beaten down by a lack of hope for the future.

We are all here because we are more than casual supporters (or so I think), but the times ahead look bleak and barren.
      So my question to you all is, what keeps you going? What keeps your heart beating with Liverpool Red?

Share what made Liverpool more than a Football Club to you, and share with others who may be on the edge why when you truly love LFC, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
       :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Walking Alone
      Reply #1: Jun 07, 2010 09:26:03 am
      Brilliant post.
      Lost for words mate.
      LFC have been there what seems always for me from a child.
      My DNA.
      My second family.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #2: Jun 07, 2010 09:46:24 am
      Good post Bleed_Red.

Liverpool FC isn't just a brand.  Sometimes it'll kick you in the balls for a laugh but you know just around the corner it will give you the time of your life.  There is no way that two spawns of Satan will come in and destroy something so close to millions of people's lives. It just won't happen.  No matter what state Liverpool FC is in after these owners have gone - bankrupt whatever - we will pick it up and nurture it back to rude health.

What's keeping me going at the minute is that the day will arrive, hopefully soon, where the club will be rinsed clean of the filth and stain of Hicks and Gillett and the Liverbird will rise from the ashes.

I suspect it will be one of the most memorable days in a lot of Liverpool fans lives.
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 07, 2010 09:59:28 am
      I'm Red because the club, history, players, supporters hold the same values as I do in life, it was hard not to fall in love with LFC.

Respect, loyalty, passion, honesty, integrity, love.... what more can you ask for, the reason I didn't follow my home town Leeds :o haha

It's a shame that the Yanks were ever considered as buyers.

BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #4: Jun 07, 2010 10:04:35 am
      I could not agree more JD, and I am not trying to say that I feel Liverpool will be destroyed just that some younger or newer fans may not have the same conviction in our love for LFC as we do, so they may need some support.

And you are spot on, Liverpool is not just a brand and it is a shame the people who are supposed to care most about the club (the owners) do not understand that.
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Reply #5: Jun 07, 2010 10:09:20 am
      It's a spititual thing.
      The club is special, the supporters unrivalled for their loyalty, good-humour, fairness and knowledge. To be at Anfield on a special European night is amazing, or at Wembley, with the banners fluttering in the breeze. I brings pride and hope, and, sometimes, tears.
      Then, it is more than all these. It is indefineable, something deep inside. It has been with me for as long as I remember, and will stay with me for as long as I am able to recall.
      It is part of my soul.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #6: Jun 07, 2010 11:30:38 am
      great post Bleed-red
       I, like you ,am not from LIVERPOOL , I really don't follow maltese football,  I just look at the results and thats it
        i am football crazy, or i can say i am LIVERPOOL crazy
          used to watch 'big league soccer " here  in malta and (don't ask  me why) i was only interested mostly for the reds' results and games , (talking about late 60's  here )
         it has always been liverpool and liverpool only for me
           Now watching in what state the owners threw the club , it just breaks your heart , BUT i am confident that after the STORM(or shall i say hurricane)  a GOLDEN SKY will appear ,with HOPE IN OUR HEARTS  we will bounce back

maybe  i  am crazy , BUT i play 'You'll never walk alone "  more frequently these days , it just makes me feel a little bit better
       YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Jun 07, 2010 12:00:28 pm
      The context of our great anthem often changes. Before a great European tie it is often a rallying cry to spur on the players. In this time of despair it is more like a prayer. A song of hope to carry us through the dark. Yet still we will sing it. Still we have hope. Even with nothing else we have each other. You ll never walk alone.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #8: Jun 07, 2010 12:37:47 pm
      Good post Bleed_Red.

Liverpool FC isn't just a brand.  Sometimes it'll kick you in the balls for a laugh but you know just around the corner it will give you the time of your life.  There is no way that two spawns of Satan will come in and destroy something so close to millions of people's lives. It just won't happen.  No matter what state Liverpool FC is in after these owners have gone - bankrupt whatever - we will pick it up and nurture it back to rude health.

What's keeping me going at the minute is that the day will arrive, hopefully soon, where the club will be rinsed clean of the filth and stain of Hicks and Gillett and the Liverbird will rise from the ashes.

I suspect it will be one of the most memorable days in a lot of Liverpool fans lives.

That's pretty much it.

The whole ethos of LFC is that we don't give up. No matter what.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #9: Jun 07, 2010 12:59:41 pm
      Liverpool fc to us is what the planet pandora the mother tree is to the navi'e.

Wherever we may be we feel its pain.

When it grows we grow with it.

YNWA......Anfield will never let us walk alone.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Jun 07, 2010 01:50:04 pm
      I don't post much so I may be misguided in my intent on these boards, but from what I read and see everyday in multiple threads is people pouring their hearts out in defense or critique of a multitude of different topics. No matter if you were Pro-Rafa, or Anti-Rafa, Pro-Yanks (Which if you are, your off your f*cking rocker, but your entitled to be a tw*t if you'd like), or Anti-Yanks, we all hold Liverpool FC close to our hearts.

Being a fan in the States is much different than being a football supporter anywhere else. In a country that prides itself on its Sporting heritage, our lack of respect and knowledge for the beautiful game is shocking. My love for the game came because I played through much of my Primary school years, and Liverpool FC has always been my team. Their passion, history, and players made me fall in love with the team I know today, and to see the team I grew up loving be torn to shreds by utter lunatics breaks my heart. Football has always been a big part of my life and for the first time I truly feel as Supporters we are Walking Alone. Our Manager fired, our owners inept and delusional, the boardroom corrupt, and our players tired and beaten down by a lack of hope for the future.

We are all here because we are more than casual supporters (or so I think), but the times ahead look bleak and barren.
      So my question to you all is, what keeps you going? What keeps your heart beating with Liverpool Red?

Share what made Liverpool more than a Football Club to you, and share with others who may be on the edge why when you truly love LFC, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
       :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Great post Bleed Red, Well where do i start, Let me just say that LFC are not just a football club we are a family, There are people on this forum who are more qualified than me to explain why Liverpool FC are and will always be the best supported club on the planet, Maybe not in a numerical sense but for sheer passion and love, Loyalty, Faith, Belief, Togetherness, Respect, I have been a fan for over 30 yrs and i had the priviledge of going to matches from the early eighties thru to the nineties, The people i have met on the kop, the paddock etc are the salt of the earth and remind me of my very own people in Glasgow, We have a special relationship, A brotherhood refined by such events like Hillsborough, Heysel, A togetherness forged by camerardary and sense of humour which can only exist from the struggle of the working classes from cities such as ours, There are other cities with other clubs but none come close to LFC, We are more than a football club we are an institution, If one day you get the chance to come to Anfield you will find out for yourself exactly what i mean, When you stand well sit these days next to our band of brothers and sing ' You'll Never Walk Alone' I can guarantee you will have a lump in your throat, And your eyes will well up, Cos you will know how special a feeling that is, Only then will you believe that you are part of the Family and part of the greatest football club on the planet.
                            YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #11: Jun 07, 2010 02:33:33 pm
      I don't know how it happens or why but just glad that it does ,this club grabs your soul at a young age and never lets go even in the bad times and we have had a few of them along the way ,called in my mams on the way back from the hospital this morning my nephew who a few on here have met is sitting there still in his LFC pj,s (day off teacher training) he turns round to me ,that ronaldo he says he only got pace a bit of skill and a good shot ,yes i say but that's enough is it not ,he says but i got pace loads of skill and a better shot than him ,so i say you want to be the new ronaldo do you ,he shot me a look of disgust and says no i will be the new IAN RUSH  now he never saw Rush so i thought but he tells me he watches his video,s all the time ,now i know he is hooked and it will never let go of him the same way it hooked me all them years ago and ultimately in the end that is what will get us all through this mess and rise again. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #12: Jun 07, 2010 03:51:23 pm
      I can only compare it to my little girls, they make me smile, laugh, swell with pride, raise my voice, become philosophical and occasionally cry.

So does my club or cloob as Rafa would say.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #13: Jun 07, 2010 03:54:27 pm
      I am not patriotic in the slightest.
      I am an atheist.
      I am politically apathetic.

LFC is pretty much the only thing I have an allegiance to.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #14: Jun 07, 2010 07:48:33 pm
      Great Posts everyone, I need to let my girlfriend read some of these because when I watch a game and I am screaming at the top of my lungs on the living room couch, she just rolls her eyes.  :lmao: She doesn't understand why I get so passionate and involved in a game being played 4000 miles away.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #15: Jun 07, 2010 08:27:12 pm
      Great Posts everyone, I need to let my girlfriend read some of these because when I watch a game and I am screaming at the top of my lungs on the living room couch, she just rolls her eyes.  :lmao: She doesn't understand why I get so passionate and involved in a game being played 4000 miles away.

You should show her a lot of other parts of the site BLEED, if she read enough she'd probably enter the fray, we have a togetherness and pride she may just wish to join. :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #16: Jun 07, 2010 08:46:50 pm
      Good post, BLEED_RED.

As a famous man once said, "Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.".

I think the main reason I love the Reds dearly is because of a certain culture, history, tradition and togetherness instilled in the club, the city, the people, and most of the players. How we stand together in times of need and how we fight for the same cause with passion and pride.

I have never had a girlfriend so I wouldn't know how she would be compared to my team  :lmao: but birds come and go except this one :

Some people say, "it's just a football club at the end of the day" but Liverpool is more than just a football club. The Liverpool logo, is not a badge but a family crest. I cannot associate myself with any other club, even if I tried. Liverpool are just very different from every other football team. Anfield itself, brings tears on match days.

You'll Never Walk Alone - isn't just a sentence or a tagline. It describes Liverpool FC in a nutshell, IMO.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17: Jun 07, 2010 08:56:15 pm
      When I am screaming at the top of my lungs on the living room couch, she just rolls her eyes. 

So does my woman when the kids are at school !
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #18: Jun 07, 2010 10:48:19 pm
      You may not have posted an awful lot but i am sure you will struggle to post anything better than you just have. Brilliant. Fair play mate. YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #19: Jun 07, 2010 11:18:22 pm
      What an inspired post BLEED_RED.  Well done.
      Short as....... My Grandad was a life long supporter. A Merchant sea man who watched the reds whenever he was home and able. Told me stories I was spellbound by. Sat in his garden, Hanbury Road, L4 and listened to the distant roar of the Kop when we scored. Then he took me to my first match aged 4 and it was done. The call of Anfield was embedded in my gene. My boys, 31yrs. 14yrs and 12 years have also got the gene and have been annointed. Stood, or in later years sat, on the Kop. This genetic thing has been going on now for some 101 years that I am aware of, through 4 generations. This is how it will continue through good times and bad, until the end of time.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #20: Jun 07, 2010 11:18:32 pm
      In my early days supporting football,my local team was Liverpool so I supported them as a matter of course.The the Boss came and changed my life.Shankly inspired in me the desire to put my club first,I like many others live for our club,24/7,this never detracts from my personal life,but when my club needs me,I will respond.We've survived worse tragedies in my 45 years supporting this club and I know will will survive our current plight, how do I know that?,simply because I know that each and every one of us never ever walks alone.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #21: Jun 08, 2010 02:40:16 pm
      and for the first time I truly feel as Supporters we are Walking Alone. Our Manager fired, our owners inept and delusional, the boardroom corrupt, and our players tired and beaten down by a lack of hope for the future.

Hi brothers ;
      Please Please don't post anymore things like this.
      It's enough for gushing, otherwise you going to be a real "casual supporter" like I do :).
      What keep real LFC supporters through several crisis since 1892?, LFC also relegated from top league in 1953-1954 (I got it from Wiki :)), the answer is so easy, just search Google for "You'll Never Walk Alone" song's lyrics and read it !.

Visit "www.lufcfans.com" also maybe help.

Hope that it's not too harsh, my English is very poor. My knowledge of LFC is so little. But I really really believed I love LFC. I say here that in a worse case LFC cannot recover at today's storm and one day to join Leeds, I for sure still love LFC, like Leeds fans do !.

Don't think you're walking alone so You'll Never Walk Alone :)

-----
      Sorry again for my poor English, 40 years old farmer man is trying hard to improve his English :).
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #22: Jun 08, 2010 03:42:52 pm
      My blood has been Red since 1977 when I moved to England and watched Liverpool on TV with my dad. Now my Brother is LFC daft, my kids are LFC daft.

My are gutted Rafa is gone, he is the only Manager they have known, he cam in 2004 when they were born, my budgie was named after him, but sadly died 2 months ago, I knew it was bad Karma at the time.

LFC. YNWA. !

Quick Reply